Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vic order to drink?
2. Why was Amy disappointed in Jack?
3. What kind of business did Ray's father own?
4. Who does Ray think is the healthiest of all the friends?
5. What was the name of the woman Jack fell in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does Ray remember having with Jack?
2. What does Ray think about his and his friends health?
3. How does Ray think insurance works?
4. What do the characters think about as they look at the war memorial?
5. Why did Vince fight in school?
6. What reason does Ray give for Amy not coming on the trip?
7. What does Vince say he hated his father for doing?
8. How do the characters cope climbing up the hill?
9. What deal did Vince offer Ray for the use of his yard?
10. What does Vince say they are looking for?
Away from the main character examine the way Swift uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Swift is said to have used Faulkner's As I Lay Dying as his model for Last Orders. Compare As I Lay Dying to the novel. What comparisons can be drawn between Last Orders and the As I Lay Dying? Why did Swift choose Faulkner's book as his model for Last Orders?
Swift writes Last Orders in the first person and from different points of view. Why do you think Swift chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Swift wrote it in the third person?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)