|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jack's wife?
2. When does Ray say he did all of his traveling?
3. What does Vic order to drink?
4. What is Striclkand's job?
5. Where does Jack ask Vince to put the £1,000?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men feel good as they head towards Margate?
2. What does Vic have with him?
3. What conversation does Vince remember having with Jack?
4. How did Vince rebel against Jack?
5. How did Vince change after coming back from the army?
6. Why was Amy disappointed in Jack?
7. What does jack ask Vince for at the hospital?
8. What happened between Ray and Carol when Susie left?
9. What conversation does Ray remember having with Jack?
10. How did Ray get his nickname of Lucky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Vince's adoption affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Swift use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)