|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ray's nickname?
2. Which of the characters defends Amy?
3. What kind of coat is Vic wearing?
4. Who does Lenny call Big Boy?
5. What does Ray buy Carol for traveling in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does Vince remember having with Jack?
2. How does Lenny goad Vince in this chapter?
3. Who do the friends toast in the pub?
4. What does Vince say he hated his father for doing?
5. What had Jack and his wife planned to do before Jack died?
6. What conversation does Ray remember having with Jack?
7. What fond memory does Ray have of his father?
8. How does Lenny provoke Vince as they approach Dartford?
9. Why was Vince getting teased at school?
10. Why was Amy disappointed in Jack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline Jack's influence on his or her life:
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)