|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack 10 to 1 against doing?
2. What is the name of Vince's daughter?
3. Where does Ray say Vince has just come from?
4. What does Vic order to drink?
5. How does Vince show his annoyance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ray think insurance is similar to gambling?
2. What are the friends looking for in Chatham?
3. How does Ray think insurance works?
4. Why does the situation in the pub in Rochester feel surreal?
5. How did Vince rebel against Jack?
6. What does Vic say about his profession in this section?
7. What was Ray's life like after the war?
8. Why do the men feel good as they head towards Margate?
9. Why did Vince feel uncomfortable about seeing Jack's body?
10. How did Vince change after coming back from the army?
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline Jack's influence on his or her life:
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Ray's divorce affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements:
1) It was people's ability to travel and not music that changed society in the sixties.
2) The working class characters are often too cliche to have any real impact on the reader.
This section contains 1,403 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)