|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color tie is Vic wearing?
2. What kind of job did Ray's father want him to get?
3. Which of the characters defends Amy?
4. How does Vince wear his hair?
5. What is Striclkand's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amy say she hates Jack?
2. What conversation does Ray remember having with Jack?
3. What do the characters think about as they look at the war memorial?
4. How did Ray get his nickname of Lucky?
5. How does Lenny react when Vince starts to unscrew Jack's jar?
6. How did an affair start between Ray and Amy?
7. What does Vince say they are looking for?
8. What happened between Ray and Carol when Susie left?
9. How did Ray raise money to pay for Susie's plane ticket?
10. How does Lenny react when Vince leaves behind Jack's remains?
Essay Topic 1
Swift writes Last Orders in the first person and from different points of view. Why do you think Swift chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Swift wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of one of the following jobs: butcher, insurance worker, undertaker and car salesman.
1) What kind of person would be best suited to the job?
2) In what way did the character in the book have the right characteristics to succeed in that job? Was it the perfect job for him or would he have been more suited to something else?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
This section contains 1,380 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)