|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amy have to see?
2. Where did Ray work before the war?
3. What did Jack always want to be?
4. What is Jack's nickname?
5. What is Jack 10 to 1 against doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ray think about his and his friends health?
2. What was special about at an earlier time in the Coach and Horses in 1984?
3. What big news did Susie tell Ray?
4. What conversation does Vince remember having with Jack?
5. How did Vic know Jack was coming to say something important when he walked towards his shop?
6. Why was Amy disappointed in Jack?
7. What fond memory does Ray have of his father?
8. What does jack ask Vince for at the hospital?
9. What does Vic have with him?
10. How did Ray get his nickname of Lucky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swift is said to have used Faulkner's As I Lay Dying as his model for Last Orders. Compare As I Lay Dying to the novel. What comparisons can be drawn between Last Orders and the As I Lay Dying? Why did Swift choose Faulkner's book as his model for Last Orders?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character examine the way Swift uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)