|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brenda's job?
2. Who does Lenny call Big Boy?
3. Who is married to Joan?
4. What is Vic's profession?
5. What does Vic joke about buying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ray think about his and his friends health?
2. Why did Vince fight in school?
3. What does Ray talk to the bartender about?
4. Why did Vince start to feel guilt during the trips to the seaside?
5. How does Lenny goad Vince in this chapter?
6. What does Vic have with him?
7. Who do the friends toast in the pub?
8. How did Vince change after coming back from the army?
9. How did Vince rebel against Jack?
10. What was special about at an earlier time in the Coach and Horses in 1984?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swift writes Last Orders in the first person and from different points of view. Why do you think Swift chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Swift wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Swift's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)