|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town do the friends drive through at the beginning of this section?
2. Who does Lenny call Big Boy?
3. What is Jack's middle name?
4. What color legs does Ray say the nurse has?
5. Who did Amy remind Ray of when she cried?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Vic know Jack was coming to say something important when he walked towards his shop?
2. How did Vince rebel against Jack?
3. Who do the friends toast in the pub?
4. What does Vic have with him?
5. What conversation does Ray remember having with Jack?
6. How does Lenny provoke Vince as they approach Dartford?
7. What happened between Ray and Carol when Susie left?
8. Why did Vince fight in school?
9. Why was Vince getting teased at school?
10. What does jack ask Vince for at the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Ray's divorce affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Was generational gap expressed in Last Orders particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
Swift writes Last Orders in the first person and from different points of view. Why do you think Swift chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Swift wrote it in the third person?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)