|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vince become during the sixties?
2. Where does Ray say Vince has just come from?
3. Where does the traffic start slowing to a crawl?
4. What is Jack 10 to 1 against doing?
5. What is Jack's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vic have with him?
2. What does Vince say he hated his father for doing?
3. How does Lenny provoke Vince as they approach Dartford?
4. What conversation does Ray remember having with Jack's father, Ronnie?
5. Who do the friends toast in the pub?
6. What does Ray think about his and his friends health?
7. What happened between Ray and Carol when Susie left?
8. What reason does Ray give for Amy not coming on the trip?
9. What was special about at an earlier time in the Coach and Horses in 1984?
10. Why did Vince fight in school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Swift's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Does he identify with any of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
In 2001, Fred Schepisi directed a film version of Last Orders, starring Michael Caine. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Swift's writing style. How would you describe Swift's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does Swift's style give to the story?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)