|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters defends Amy?
2. What kind of car pulls outside the pub?
3. What color tie is Vic wearing?
4. What was the name of the woman Jack fell in love with?
5. What does Ray say Carol said before she left him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Vince rebel against Jack?
2. How did Vince think differently to Jack?
3. What conversation does Vince remember having with Jack?
4. How did Ray get his nickname of Lucky?
5. What had Jack and his wife planned to do before Jack died?
6. Why did Vince fight in school?
7. What does Vince say he hated his father for doing?
8. What does jack ask Vince for at the hospital?
9. What does Ray talk to the bartender about?
10. How does Lenny goad Vince in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Ray's divorce affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Swift's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Does he identify with any of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Swift's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)