|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Jack ask Vince to lend him?
2. What is the name of Ray's daughter?
3. What does Ray say is the true center of London?
4. What kind of shop did Jack own?
5. What color tie is Vic wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What big news did Susie tell Ray?
2. What was special about at an earlier time in the Coach and Horses in 1984?
3. Why was Amy disappointed in Jack?
4. Who do the friends toast in the pub?
5. How did Vince change after coming back from the army?
6. What was Ray's life like after the war?
7. Why did Vince fight in school?
8. What had Jack and his wife planned to do before Jack died?
9. What conversation does Vince remember having with Jack?
10. What does Vince say he hated his father for doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Swift's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Ray's divorce affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Swift's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Does he identify with any of the characters?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)