|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ray work before the war?
2. What is Jack 10 to 1 against doing?
3. What is Striclkand's job?
4. Where did Vince live for a while with Mandy?
5. What did Jack always want to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems has Lenny had with his daughter Sally?
2. Why does the situation in the pub in Rochester feel surreal?
3. What did Vince think about when he heard that Jack was dying?
4. Who do the friends toast in the pub?
5. How did Ray raise money to pay for Susie's plane ticket?
6. How does Lenny react when Vince starts to unscrew Jack's jar?
7. How does Lenny goad Vince in this chapter?
8. Why did Vince feel uncomfortable about seeing Jack's body?
9. Why does Ray think insurance is similar to gambling?
10. What was Ray's life like after the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about life in '80s Britain:
1) The Mercedes.
2) Family life.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline Jack's influence on his or her life:
Essay Topic 3
Compare American and British culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) How have the two cultures influenced each other?
This section contains 1,351 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)