|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Susie want to move to?
2. What kind of flowers are on the grass verges near Greenwich Park?
3. Where does Jack make Vince sit?
4. What color legs does Ray say the nurse has?
5. What does the back of the van smell of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ray raise money to pay for Susie's plane ticket?
2. What does jack ask Vince for at the hospital?
3. How did Vic know Jack was coming to say something important when he walked towards his shop?
4. How did Vince change after coming back from the army?
5. Why was Vince getting teased at school?
6. How does Lenny provoke Vince as they approach Dartford?
7. How did Ray get his nickname of Lucky?
8. How did Vince rebel against Jack?
9. What conversation does Ray remember having with Jack?
10. What reason does Ray give for Amy not coming on the trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Was generational gap expressed in Last Orders particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Swift use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of one of the following jobs: butcher, insurance worker, undertaker and car salesman.
1) What kind of person would be best suited to the job?
2) In what way did the character in the book have the right characteristics to succeed in that job? Was it the perfect job for him or would he have been more suited to something else?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)