|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vince want to call his business?
2. What does Viv have the benefit of in the navy?
3. Why was Amy disappointed in Jack?
4. What continent did Ray serve in during the war?
5. Where does the traffic start slowing to a crawl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ray talk to the bartender about?
2. What was special about at an earlier time in the Coach and Horses in 1984?
3. What fond memory does Ray have of his father?
4. How did Ray raise money to pay for Susie's plane ticket?
5. What does Ray think about his and his friends health?
6. What happened between Ray and Carol when Susie left?
7. Why did Vince fight in school?
8. Why did Vince start to feel guilt during the trips to the seaside?
9. Who do the friends toast in the pub?
10. Why was Amy disappointed in Jack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Ray's divorce affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements:
1) It was people's ability to travel and not music that changed society in the sixties.
2) The working class characters are often too cliche to have any real impact on the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Swift is said to have used Faulkner's As I Lay Dying as his model for Last Orders. Compare As I Lay Dying to the novel. What comparisons can be drawn between Last Orders and the As I Lay Dying? Why did Swift choose Faulkner's book as his model for Last Orders?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)