Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vic order to drink?
2. Why was Amy disappointed in Jack?
3. What kind of business did Ray's father own?
4. Who does Ray think is the healthiest of all the friends?
5. What was the name of the woman Jack fell in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does Ray remember having with Jack?
2. What does Ray think about his and his friends health?
3. How does Ray think insurance works?
4. What do the characters think about as they look at the war memorial?
5. Why did Vince fight in school?
6. What reason does Ray give for Amy not coming on the trip?
7. What does Vince say he hated his father for doing?
8. How do the characters cope climbing up the hill?
9. What deal did Vince offer Ray for the use of his yard?
10. What does Vince say they are looking for?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
In 2001, Fred Schepisi directed a film version of Last Orders, starring Michael Caine. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Ray's divorce affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)