|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of drink does Ray buy for Lenny?
2. When does Ray say he did all of his traveling?
3. What kind of job did Ray's father want him to get?
4. What does Ray say Jack and him visited together?
5. Who borrows £5 from Ray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What big news did Susie tell Ray?
2. What was special about at an earlier time in the Coach and Horses in 1984?
3. What conversation does Ray remember having with Jack?
4. What happened between Ray and Carol when Susie left?
5. Why did Vince start to feel guilt during the trips to the seaside?
6. What conversation does Vince remember having with Jack?
7. What does Ray talk to the bartender about?
8. How does Lenny goad Vince in this chapter?
9. Why was Vince getting teased at school?
10. Why do the men feel good as they head towards Margate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swift writes Last Orders in the first person and from different points of view. Why do you think Swift chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Swift wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Vince's adoption affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)