|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Amy remind Ray of when she cried?
2. Where did Jack usually walk to after work?
3. What is the name of Jack's wife?
4. What is the name of the horse Ray puts money on?
5. What country does Susie want to move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Vince rebel against Jack?
2. How did Ray get his nickname of Lucky?
3. What big news did Susie tell Ray?
4. Why was Vince getting teased at school?
5. Who do the friends toast in the pub?
6. How did Ray raise money to pay for Susie's plane ticket?
7. What does Vince say he hated his father for doing?
8. What does Ray talk to the bartender about?
9. How did Vince think differently to Jack?
10. What does Ray think about his and his friends health?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Swift's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Does he identify with any of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Swift is said to have used Faulkner's As I Lay Dying as his model for Last Orders. Compare As I Lay Dying to the novel. What comparisons can be drawn between Last Orders and the As I Lay Dying? Why did Swift choose Faulkner's book as his model for Last Orders?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character examine the way Swift uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)