|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vince show his annoyance?
2. What was the name of Ray's wife?
3. What kind of tips does Lenny say Ray gives?
4. What does Ray give his winning to Susie to buy?
5. What kind of car pulls outside the pub?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does Ray remember having with Jack?
2. Why was Amy disappointed in Jack?
3. Why did Vince fight in school?
4. What big news did Susie tell Ray?
5. Why was Vince getting teased at school?
6. How did Ray get his nickname of Lucky?
7. What does jack ask Vince for at the hospital?
8. What does Vic have with him?
9. How did Vince change after coming back from the army?
10. Who do the friends toast in the pub?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Vince's adoption affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about life in '80s Britain:
1) The Mercedes.
2) Family life.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)