|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car did Vince buy when he came out of the army?
2. Where did Amy and Jack meet for the first time?
3. What is Jack's nickname?
4. What kind of coat is Vic wearing?
5. What is the name of the horse Ray puts money on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Amy disappointed in Jack?
2. What conversation does Vince remember having with Jack?
3. What was Ray's life like after the war?
4. What fond memory does Ray have of his father?
5. What does Vince say he hated his father for doing?
6. How did Vince change after coming back from the army?
7. What does Vic say about his profession in this section?
8. What reason does Ray give for Amy not coming on the trip?
9. Why did Vince start to feel guilt during the trips to the seaside?
10. What was special about at an earlier time in the Coach and Horses in 1984?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Was generational gap expressed in Last Orders particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements:
1) It was people's ability to travel and not music that changed society in the sixties.
2) The working class characters are often too cliche to have any real impact on the reader.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)