|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viv have the benefit of in the navy?
2. What kind of business did Ray's father own?
3. What does Ray say Jack and him visited together?
4. What does Ray say is almost as blue as the car?
5. How much money does Jack ask Vince to lend him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ray get his nickname of Lucky?
2. How does Lenny goad Vince in this chapter?
3. What reason does Ray give for Amy not coming on the trip?
4. What conversation does Vince remember having with Jack?
5. What had Jack and his wife planned to do before Jack died?
6. How did Vince rebel against Jack?
7. What does Vic have with him?
8. Why was Vince getting teased at school?
9. What conversation does Ray remember having with Jack?
10. What does jack ask Vince for at the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swift writes Last Orders in the first person and from different points of view. Why do you think Swift chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Swift wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character examine the way Swift uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Swift is said to have used Faulkner's As I Lay Dying as his model for Last Orders. Compare As I Lay Dying to the novel. What comparisons can be drawn between Last Orders and the As I Lay Dying? Why did Swift choose Faulkner's book as his model for Last Orders?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)