|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known as the gambler of the group?
2. Where did Vince live for a while with Mandy?
3. What is Brenda's job?
4. What is the name of Vince's wife?
5. Where did Ray work before the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Vic know Jack was coming to say something important when he walked towards his shop?
2. Why did Vince fight in school?
3. What does jack ask Vince for at the hospital?
4. Why was Amy disappointed in Jack?
5. What reason does Ray give for Amy not coming on the trip?
6. What conversation does Vince remember having with Jack?
7. Why was Vince getting teased at school?
8. Why do the men feel good as they head towards Margate?
9. What does Vic say about his profession in this section?
10. How does Lenny goad Vince in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare American and British culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) How have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about life in '80s Britain:
1) The Mercedes.
2) Family life.
Essay Topic 3
Swift writes Last Orders in the first person and from different points of view. Why do you think Swift chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Swift wrote it in the third person?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)