|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jack have to close the Butcher's shop?
(a) His loan was due
(b) He was too ill
(c) He needed to pay back Vince
(d) He wanted to retire
2. How did Amy used to travel to see June?
(c) By car
(d) By bus
3. What does Vince say it looked like they wrapped Jack's body in?
(a) A bed sheet
(c) A duvet
(d) A tablecloth
4. How did Vince sell out Lenny's daughter?
(a) He ran away from her on their wedding day
(b) He robbed her house
(c) He never paid back the money she lent him
(d) He turned in her boyfriend
5. What does Vince use to scrape mud from his shoes?
(a) A stick
(b) A pen
(c) An iron rod
(d) A stone
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ray make up any lost income?
2. Where does Lenny go while the men wait in the car?
3. What is Frut Cocktail the name of?
4. How is Mandy related to Neville?
5. What do the men see out in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lenny happy that he finally stood up to Vince?
2. Why did Amy decide not to tell Jack about her affair with Ray?
3. What does Vince do at Wick's farm?
4. How did an affair start between Ray and Amy?
5. How does Lenny react when Vince leaves behind Jack's remains?
6. How do the characters cope climbing up the hill?
7. Why did Vince think changes were happening in the sixties?
8. How did Amy meet Jack?
9. What did Jack ask Ray to do for him?
10. What are the friends looking for in Chatham?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)