|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vince think of the money he gave Jack as?
(a) A present
(b) A show of respect
(c) A loan
(d) Conscience clearing
2. Who did Vic see strolling with Amy?
3. Why does Vic think it is good that Amy did not come?
(a) She would have complained
(b) She would have cried
(c) She would have spent all their money
(d) She wanted to get drunk
4. Which character tries to keep the peace between Lenny and Vince?
(d) The barmaid
5. What made June's home look like an institution?
(a) A payphone
(b) A chef's kitchen
(c) Bars on the windows
(d) The residents
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vic read in the church?
2. What does Vince ask Ray to help him get for Amy?
3. Where does Ray tell Amy he met her?
4. What killed Vince's parents?
5. Who was Vince's hero when he was a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the weather like as the men approach the pier?
2. What did Vince think about when he heard that Jack was dying?
3. Why did Vince think changes were happening in the sixties?
4. Why does Amy say she hates Jack?
5. What does Vince regret doing to his daughter Kathy?
6. What do the characters think about as they look at the war memorial?
7. What did Jack ask Ray to do for him?
8. How did an affair start between Ray and Amy?
9. How did Mandy meet Vince?
10. How do the characters cope climbing up the hill?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)