|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vince use to scrape mud from his shoes?
(a) A stone
(b) An iron rod
(c) A pen
(d) A stick
2. Which two characters are badly mud stained?
(a) Lenny and Vince
(b) Ray and Vic
(c) Lenny and Vic
(d) Vince and Ray
3. Where did Ray make up any lost income?
(a) The boxing ring
(b) The football field
(c) The internet
(d) The track
4. What has Sally never forgiven Lenny for doing?
(a) Beating up Vince
(b) Paying for an abortion
(c) Throwing her out of his house
(d) Divorcing her mother
5. Where did Ray and Amy have sex?
(a) The back of the camper
(b) Ina carpark
(c) In a cornfield
(d) Behind a cowshed
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are angry at each other?
2. What month does the story take place in?
3. What is Ray's surname?
4. What made June's home look like an institution?
5. Who does Ray fantasize about giving his winnings to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the weather like as the men approach the pier?
2. How did an affair start between Ray and Amy?
3. How does Lenny react when Vince leaves behind Jack's remains?
4. What do the characters think about as they look at the war memorial?
5. How does Vince respond when Lenny punches him?
6. How do the friends spread Jack's ashes?
7. How did Vince feel about giving money to Jack?
8. What did Vince think about when he heard that Jack was dying?
9. What problems has Lenny had with his daughter Sally?
10. How does Lenny react when Vince starts to unscrew Jack's jar?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)