|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vince think changed the world in the sixties?
2. Who does Lenny ask Ray about?
(a) His ex-wife
(b) His son
(c) His father
(d) His daughter
3. Why was Amy disappointed in Jack?
(a) He had not come to June's birthday
(b) He had not been working hard
(c) He had broken all of his promises to her
(d) He had an affair
4. Where did Ray work before the war?
(a) An insurance house
(b) A university
(c) A school
(d) A bank
5. Where does the traffic start slowing to a crawl?
(a) Euston Road
(b) New Cross Gate Station
(c) Liverpool Street
(d) Oxford Street
Short Answer Questions
1. What continent did Ray serve in during the war?
2. Why does Ray think Carol is upset that Susie is leaving?
3. Who does Lenny call Big Boy?
4. What kind of shop did Jack own?
5. What kind of drink does Ray buy for Lenny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ray's life like after the war?
2. What does Ray talk to the bartender about?
3. How does Lenny goad Vince in this chapter?
4. How did Vince think differently to Jack?
5. What happened between Ray and Carol when Susie left?
6. What does Vic say about his profession in this section?
7. How did Vince rebel against Jack?
8. Why do the men feel good as they head towards Margate?
9. Who do the friends toast in the pub?
10. What reason does Ray give for Amy not coming on the trip?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)