|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ray's last rule of gambling?
(a) Never bet on a losing streak
(b) Don't bet on an injured horse
(c) Don't bet around criminals
(d) You can blow all the rules if you are lucky
2. What two things make up Ray's life?
(a) Insurance and gambling
(b) Books and magazines
(c) Drinking and gambling
(d) Family and work
3. What does Lenny eat at the pub?
(a) Steak and chips
(b) Pie and chips
(c) Sausage and mash
(d) Cottage pie
4. Who does Ray says made a fine soldier?
5. Where does Lenny go while the men wait in the car?
(a) The bank
(b) The bathroom
(c) The shop
(d) The arcades
6. What does Lenny joke about seeing?
(b) Big Ben
(c) Canterbury Cathedral
(d) Winchester Cathedral
7. Who opens Jack's jar?
8. Who is Joy by name Joy by nature?
(a) The barmaid
(b) The nurse
(c) The doctor
(d) The landlady
9. Where is the name of the home June lives in?
(a) Marywood House
(b) Cressex Road
(c) Fairfax Park
10. Who do the friends joke with the barmaid about?
11. Why does Amy say she hated Jack?
(a) He was poor
(b) He wrote off June
(c) He never wanted for anything
(d) He beat her
12. What does Ray think the Mercedes really is?
(a) A hearse
(b) Good scrap metal
(c) A supercar
(d) A long mini
13. What has Sally never forgiven Lenny for doing?
(a) Divorcing her mother
(b) Beating up Vince
(c) Paying for an abortion
(d) Throwing her out of his house
14. What was Mandy doing when Jack picked her up?
15. Who does Vince hand Jack to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character tries to keep the peace between Lenny and Vince?
2. Which two characters are badly mud stained?
3. Which two characters are angry at each other?
4. Who did Amy love to watch camping out in the nearby fields?
5. What do the men see out in the water?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)