|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jack tell Amy to forget about on the pier?
(b) Her father
(d) Her mother
2. Where does Lenny go while the men wait in the car?
(a) The bank
(b) The arcades
(c) The shop
(d) The bathroom
3. Who does Vince hand Jack to?
4. Which character struggles the most to walk up the hill?
5. Which character tries to keep the peace between Lenny and Vince?
(b) The barmaid
6. What does Vince forget to take with him?
(a) The car keys
(b) Jack's remains
(c) His wallet
(d) His coat
7. What does Jack win at the fair?
(a) A toy car
(b) A watch
(d) A teddy bear
8. Why does Vic think it is good that Amy did not come?
(a) She wanted to get drunk
(b) She would have cried
(c) She would have complained
(d) She would have spent all their money
9. What does Vic want to visit?
(a) His mother's house
(b) His old work place
(c) A grave
(d) A memorial
10. Who was Vince's hero when he was a child?
(b) Gary Cooper
(c) Betty Boop
(d) John Wayne
11. What killed Vince's parents?
(a) A German gunner
(b) The plague
(c) A truck
(d) A bomb
12. What did Vince say will happen if he does not make a profit from Ray's yard in five years?
(a) He will give it back
(b) He will set fire to it
(c) He will sell it
(d) He will loan it out
13. What are the last words that Ray speaks?
(a) Take car old son
(b) See you soon Jackie boy
(c) Goodbye Jack
14. Who does Amy say she chose over Jack?
15. Why does Vince say he detested the surgeon?
(a) He was impatient
(b) He was smug
(c) He was rude
(d) He was too serious
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack ask to buy off Ray?
2. Where did Ray ask Amy to accompany him to?
3. Where did Jack and Amy go for their honeymoon
4. What does Ray think about when he looks at the memorial?
5. What did Vince want to set up at Vince's scrap yard?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)