|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character tries to keep the peace between Lenny and Vince?
(a) The barmaid
2. What two things make up Ray's life?
(a) Books and magazines
(b) Family and work
(c) Insurance and gambling
(d) Drinking and gambling
3. Why is Lenny accustomed to his soreness?
(a) He used to be a boxer
(b) He used to be a wrestler
(c) He used to be a builder
(d) He used to be a judo champion
4. What month does the story take place in?
5. Which two characters are badly mud stained?
(a) Lenny and Vince
(b) Lenny and Vic
(c) Vince and Ray
(d) Ray and Vic
6. Who carries Jack's remains for the first time?
7. Who was Vince's hero when he was a child?
(a) Betty Boop
(c) Gary Cooper
(d) John Wayne
8. Where does Vince stop with Jack's ashes?
(a) A monument
(b) The edge of a hill
(c) A farm house
(d) The edge of a cliff
9. Who does Vince hand Jack to?
10. Who does Amy decide not to mention to Jack on his death bed?
11. What is Ray's last rule of gambling?
(a) Don't bet on an injured horse
(b) You can blow all the rules if you are lucky
(c) Don't bet around criminals
(d) Never bet on a losing streak
12. What did Vince think of the money he gave Jack as?
(a) Conscience clearing
(b) A show of respect
(c) A loan
(d) A present
13. Why does Vince say he detested the surgeon?
(a) He was rude
(b) He was too serious
(c) He was smug
(d) He was impatient
14. How is Mandy related to Neville?
(a) Her step father
(b) Her father
(c) Her uncle
(d) Her brother
15. Who does Lenny say got his daughter pregnant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men see out in the water?
2. Why did Jack have to close the Butcher's shop?
3. What does Amy say is all she ever wanted?
4. What does Ray think about when he looks at the memorial?
5. What is the name of Jack's nurse?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)