Objective: Last Orders is set in Britain in the late eighties. The aim of this lesson is to examine Britain in the eighties.
1) 1. Divide the students into groups of three and thinking about symbols and color, ask them to use pictures from magazines and newspapers to develop a collage that express Britain in the late eighties.
2. With the students brainstorm a list of questions that either criticize or supports Swift's depiction of eighties Britain. Ask the students to choose one of the questions and use it to write an essay.
3. Find British music from the 1980s and listen to it in class; then discuss its similarity to American music of the '80s.
4. Homework. Write a short story set in eighties Britain.
Objective: Ray is the first of Jack's friends in the pub. The aim of this lesson is to examine Ray's character.
1) 1. Divide the students...
This section contains 4,752 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)