Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
2. What does Mack think will happen if he is unable to get far enough away from the soldiers?
3. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
4. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
5. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
Essay Topic 1
Examine violence in the book.
1. How do the characters in the book view violence?
2. Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that the author portrays?
3. How did the public react to the book's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
What are the similarities between Mack and Alekhin? How does Mack manage to overcome Alekhin despite that are equal in ability?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)