|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
2. Which character has spent his or her's entire life in hiding?
3. Who does Mack kill at the beginning of Chapter 26?
4. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
5. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Baronas want to leave?
2. How does Peshkov die?
3. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
4. What problem does Zamatev have with Kyra?
5. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
6. How does Mack stop the soldiers after him in this section?
7. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
8. Why do Natayla and her father think they are in danger at the end of this section?
9. How does Zhikarev change his plans?
10. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following statements and write an argument for or against it.
1. Mack cannot be regarded as a hero because he kills many people and often with no real reason.
2. The novel presents Indians as savages.
3. The author misrepresents Russian culture to make America look better.
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Alekhin manage to track Mack down? How does it help him that he also has Indian blood?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)