|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
2. Why does Botev pretend to be interested in finding Mack?
3. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
4. What does the official offer to do for Natalya and her father?
5. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
Essay Topic 1
What are the similarities between Mack and Alekhin? How does Mack manage to overcome Alekhin despite that are equal in ability?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author represent the relationship between Russia and America? What does this representation say about 1950s society at the time?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)