|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the helicopter pilot say is his mission?
2. What interests Ostap about the job?
3. What kind of transport does Mack steal after freeing Yakov?
4. Who is Mack constantly thinking about as he battles the cold?
5. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
2. Why does Baronas want to leave?
3. What problem does Zamatev have with Kyra?
4. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
5. How does Mack escape the soldiers at the end of the chapter?
6. How does Yakov help Natayla?
7. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
8. Why don't Natalya and Baronas trust Bocharev?
9. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
10. How does Peshkov die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the following people helpful in helping Mack survive?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author represent the relationship between Russia and America? What does this representation say about 1950s society at the time?
Essay Topic 3
What are the similarities between Mack and Alekhin? How does Mack manage to overcome Alekhin despite that are equal in ability?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)