|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zhikarev stop for on the way to the Chinese border?
2. What does Mack take from the three men he ties up at the camp?
3. How does Mack cause the avalanche?
4. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
5. Who does Alekhin think Mack plans to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yakov help Natayla?
2. What problems is Mack having in this chapter?
3. How does Zhikarev change his plans?
4. How does Mack lead one of Alekhin's men onto the ice?
5. What problems is Alekhin having with Zamatev in this section?
6. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
7. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
8. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
9. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
10. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stephen's death affect the lives of the characters? How would the story have been different if Stephen had lived?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How does Alekhin manage to track Mack down? How does it help him that he also has Indian blood?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)