|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
2. Who does Natalya meet in the city?
3. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
4. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
5. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is Mack having in this chapter?
2. How does Mack escape the soldiers at the end of the chapter?
3. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
4. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
5. How does Yakov help Natayla?
6. How does Mack stop the soldiers after him in this section?
7. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
8. How does Peshkov die?
9. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
10. Why do Natayla and her father think they are in danger at the end of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author writes The Last of the Breed in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
How are the following people helpful in helping Mack survive?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Mack's Indian identity.
1. How does Mack's Indian heritage help him in the novel?
2. What does it suggest about America in the fifties that a Native American could be so loyal towards the USA.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)