|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
2. What does Mack see looking for him from his hiding spot in the valley?
3. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
4. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
5. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mack decide to rescue Yakov?
2. How does Peshkov die?
3. Why is Mack worried about the soldiers in this section?
4. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
5. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
6. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
7. Why don't Natalya and Baronas trust Bocharev?
8. What problems is Alekhin having with Zamatev in this section?
9. Why does Botev pretend to be interested in finding Mack?
10. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
How are the following people helpful in helping Mack survive?
Essay Topic 3
How does Mack escape the soldiers after him? What does Mack's attitude towards the soldiers reveal about his character?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)