|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the helicopter pilot say is his mission?
2. What does Mack decides he needs to stay to survive?
3. Where does Kyra say she can go to get more help?
4. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
5. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't Natalya and Baronas trust Bocharev?
2. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
3. Why is Mack worried about the soldiers in this section?
4. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
5. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
6. What problems is Alekhin having with Zamatev in this section?
7. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
8. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
9. Why does Mack decide to rescue Yakov?
10. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the similarities between Mack and Alekhin? How does Mack manage to overcome Alekhin despite that are equal in ability?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following statements and write an argument for or against it.
1. Mack cannot be regarded as a hero because he kills many people and often with no real reason.
2. The novel presents Indians as savages.
3. The author misrepresents Russian culture to make America look better.
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)