Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
2. What does Mack think will happen if he is unable to get far enough away from the soldiers?
3. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
4. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
5. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
Essay Topic 1
What are the similarities between Mack and Alekhin? How does Mack manage to overcome Alekhin despite that are equal in ability?
Essay Topic 2
How does Mack escape the soldiers after him? What does Mack's attitude towards the soldiers reveal about his character?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following statements and write an argument for or against it.
1. Mack cannot be regarded as a hero because he kills many people and often with no real reason.
2. The novel presents Indians as savages.
3. The author misrepresents Russian culture to make America look better.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)