|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
2. What does Mack think will happen if he is unable to get far enough away from the soldiers?
3. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
4. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
5. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Mack's Indian identity.
1. How does Mack's Indian heritage help him in the novel?
2. What does it suggest about America in the fifties that a Native American could be so loyal towards the USA.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author represent the relationship between Russia and America? What does this representation say about 1950s society at the time?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)