Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe use to cross Olekma?
2. How has Kyra made sure Zhikrev can't get into China?
3. Why does Zamatev think Kyra is the best?
4. What does Kyra think Wulff wants?
5. What characteristic annoys Zamatev when he first meets Makatozi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
2. What is Zamatev's relationship with Kyra?
3. What does Mack do with the bear he sees?
4. Why does Peshkov hate Mack?
5. How does Yakov help Mack?
6. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
7. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
8. What does Mack see when he steps into the sunlight?
9. What is Mack's routine at the village?
10. Why is Yakov on the run from the Soviets?
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
How does Alekhin manage to track Mack down? How does it help him that he also has Indian blood?
How does Stephen's death affect the lives of the characters? How would the story have been different if Stephen had lived?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)