|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shepilov not have in Kyra's eyes?
2. By which river does Joe fall asleep from weariness?
3. Where is Kyra sent?
4. What is approaching in August?
5. Using what hunting weapon would do Joe more harm than good?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mack do with the bear he sees?
2. How does Yakov help Mack?
3. Why is Yakov on the run from the Soviets?
4. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
5. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
6. How does Zhikacev know Stegman?
7. What does Colonel Zamatev already know about Mack?
8. Describe the cells the guards take Mack back to?
9. How does Mack cause the helicopter to crash?
10. What does Mack do with the reindeer he kills?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Alekhin manage to track Mack down? How does it help him that he also has Indian blood?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author represent the relationship between Russia and America? What does this representation say about 1950s society at the time?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)