|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zamatev's coat so unadorned?
2. What is approaching in August?
3. Why does Joe find it so easy to escape his cell?
4. Where does Mack say he will take both Natalya and her father?
5. How big is Siberia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mack want to find his own place to stay?
2. Why do Natayla and her father think they are in danger at the end of this section?
3. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
4. How does Peshkov die?
5. How does Mack cause the helicopter to crash?
6. How does Mack threaten Zamatev at the end of the book?
7. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
8. Why is Natayla lucky when she goes to find Pontin?
9. What is Mack's routine at the village?
10. What does Mack do with the bear he sees?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems does Mack have to face in the taiga? How does he overcome these problems?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
How are the following people helpful in helping Mack survive?
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)