Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe use to cross Olekma?
2. How has Kyra made sure Zhikrev can't get into China?
3. Why does Zamatev think Kyra is the best?
4. What does Kyra think Wulff wants?
5. What characteristic annoys Zamatev when he first meets Makatozi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
2. What is Zamatev's relationship with Kyra?
3. What does Mack do with the bear he sees?
4. Why does Peshkov hate Mack?
5. How does Yakov help Mack?
6. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
7. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
8. What does Mack see when he steps into the sunlight?
9. What is Mack's routine at the village?
10. Why is Yakov on the run from the Soviets?
How does Stephen's death affect the lives of the characters? How would the story have been different if Stephen had lived?
What are the similarities between Mack and Alekhin? How does Mack manage to overcome Alekhin despite that are equal in ability?
Examine violence in the book.
1. How do the characters in the book view violence?
2. Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that the author portrays?
3. How did the public react to the book's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)