|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shepilov not have in Kyra's eyes?
2. Where does Zhikarev have an offshore account?
3. What does Joe decide can wait?
4. Why is Zhikarev so worried?
5. What does Joe realize he needs to actually escape Siberia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Mack have at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What does Mack remember about the Siberian terrain?
3. Why does Mack want to find his own place to stay?
4. How does Mack anger Peshkov in this section?
5. How does Yakov help Mack?
6. What is Zamatev's relationship with Kyra?
7. How does Mack prepare to leave the village?
8. What is Mack's routine at the village?
9. What does Colonel Zamatev already know about Mack?
10. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
What is Ostap's role in the novel? How does Ostap's character provide a contrast to Mack's character? What does Ostap's character highlight about Mack's character? How would the story change if Ostap was not a character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How are the following people helpful in helping Mack survive?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)