|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
(a) Ties him up.
(b) Tortures him.
(c) Cut off his finger.
(d) Kills him.
2. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
3. How does Mack cause the avalanche?
(a) He causes an animal trampede.
(b) He throws loose rocks down from a ledge.
(c) He hits the mountainside with a club.
(d) He shoots at the mountainside.
4. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her brother-in-law.
5. What does Mack think will happen if he is unable to get far enough away from the soldiers?
(a) He will reach the city and be arrested.
(b) He will get to to a part of the taiga the soldiers know vey well.
(c) He will run out of food.
(d) He will get to a part of the taiga where he will have nowhere to hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't Natalya and her father want to wait for Mack at Plastun Bay?
2. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
3. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 24 for clothing and meat?
4. What does Mack take from the three men he ties up at the camp?
5. Why do Natalya and Baronas decide they can trust Bocharev?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack escape the soldiers at the end of the chapter?
2. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
3. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
4. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
5. How does Yakov help Natayla?
6. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
7. Why is Mack worried about the soldiers in this section?
8. How does Zhikarev change his plans?
9. How does Peshkov die?
10. Why does Mack decide to rescue Yakov?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)