|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Natalya meet in the city?
2. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
(a) Give her money.
(b) Help her find Mack.
(c) Give her his car.
(d) Talk to an official.
3. What does the official offer to do for Natalya and her father?
(a) Help them get out of the country.
(b) Give them immunity.
(c) Make sure they never have to worry about money.
(d) Give Mack immunity.
4. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
(a) He is a challenge.
(b) The longer it takes the more money he earns.
(c) The longer it takes the longer he can torture him.
(d) He is easy work.
5. How does Peshkov hurt himself in Chapter 33?
(a) He steps on an arrow head.
(b) He falls and breaks his back.
(c) He walks through glass.
(d) A falling rock strikes him on the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
2. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
3. Which of Kyra's relatives are arrested in this section?
4. How does Alekhin know Mac killed the man?
5. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
2. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
3. Why does Baronas want to leave?
4. How does Mack stop the soldiers after him in this section?
5. How does Mack lead one of Alekhin's men onto the ice?
6. How does Peshkov die?
7. Why don't Natalya and Baronas trust Bocharev?
8. What problems is Mack having in this chapter?
9. How does Yakov help Natayla?
10. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)