|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alekhin do before he tries to find Mack?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Hires more men.
(c) Refreshes his mind.
(d) Studies his habits.
2. What does Mack take from the three men he ties up at the camp?
(a) Their cigarettes.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) Their weapns.
3. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
(a) He can help Mack get back to America.
(b) He was the first person to help him.
(c) He helped Natalya.
(d) He owes him money.
4. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her brother-in-law.
(d) Her son.
5. Who does Mack kill at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) A village chief.
(b) A mayor.
(c) A car driver.
(d) A helicopter pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
2. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
3. Why don't Natalya and her father want to wait for Mack at Plastun Bay?
4. What is the name of the man helping Natalya and Zhikarev across the border?
5. What does the official offer to do for Natalya and her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Natayla and her father think they are in danger at the end of this section?
2. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
3. Why don't Natalya and Baronas trust Bocharev?
4. What problem does Zamatev have with Kyra?
5. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
6. How does Mack escape the soldiers at the end of the chapter?
7. How does Mack stop the soldiers after him in this section?
8. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
9. Why does Baronas want to leave?
10. What problems is Alekhin having with Zamatev in this section?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)