|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man in charge of the town in Chapter 26?
2. Where does Mack hide in Chapter 29?
(a) A tree trunk.
(b) A cave.
(c) A burrow.
(d) Tall grass.
3. How does Natalya try to warm up her father?
(a) She makes him a sheep skin jacket.
(b) She makes a camp.
(c) She makes a fire.
(d) She gives him her clothes.
4. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
(a) He hates confined spaces.
(b) He refuses to leave his daughter.
(c) He has spent too long in hiding.
(d) He has always wanted to go to America.
5. Which character has spent his or her's entire life in hiding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
2. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
3. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
4. How does Alekhin know Mac killed the man?
5. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
2. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
3. Why is Mack worried about the soldiers in this section?
4. How does Peshkov die?
5. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
6. Why does Botev pretend to be interested in finding Mack?
7. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
8. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
9. What problems is Alekhin having with Zamatev in this section?
10. How does Yakov help Natayla?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)