|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruskovsky's rank?
2. Which character dies in this section?
3. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
(a) He pushes a boulder towards them.
(b) He creates a avalanche.
(c) He fires a rain of arrows.
(d) He releases rats.
4. What interests Ostap about the job?
(a) The chance for promotion.
(b) The chance to talk English.
(c) The manhunt.
(d) The money.
5. What is the name of the official who pulls up outside the Baronas' cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yakov think Baronas will not be much use to his daughter?
2. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
3. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
4. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
5. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is Alekhin having with Zamatev in this section?
2. How does Peshkov die?
3. Why does Baronas want to leave?
4. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
5. How does Mack stop the soldiers after him in this section?
6. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
7. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
8. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
9. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
10. Why do Natayla and her father think they are in danger at the end of this section?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)