|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
2. What does the official offer to do for Natalya and her father?
(a) Make sure they never have to worry about money.
(b) Help them get out of the country.
(c) Give them immunity.
(d) Give Mack immunity.
3. Which of the following two characters helps Mack to rescue Yakov?
(a) Peshkov and Baraonas.
(b) Botev and Borowsky.
(c) Zamatev and Alekhin.
(d) Natayla and Kyra.
4. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
(a) Horse hooves.
(c) Elk hooves.
(d) Pieces of tree bark.
5. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
(a) He owes him money.
(b) He helped Natalya.
(c) He can help Mack get back to America.
(d) He was the first person to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
2. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
3. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
4. Who does Alekhin think Mack plans to kill?
5. What does Mack see looking for him from his hiding spot in the valley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Baronas want to leave?
2. How does Peshkov die?
3. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
4. How does Mack lead one of Alekhin's men onto the ice?
5. What problem does Zamatev have with Kyra?
6. What problems is Alekhin having with Zamatev in this section?
7. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
8. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
9. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
10. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)