|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't Natalya and her father want to wait for Mack at Plastun Bay?
(a) They feel he has betrayed them.
(b) They may need to betray him to escape.
(c) It is dangerous for him to come back.
(d) He is bad news.
2. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother.
(d) His cousin.
3. Where does Mack land the helicopter?
(a) The taiga.
(c) An army base.
4. What is the first thing Mack does to slow the soldiers down?
(a) Lights a grass fire.
(b) Throws rocks at them.
(c) Leads them into a lion's den.
(d) Cuts trees down.
5. What item of Mack's did Alekhin find at the helicopter crash?
(a) His bow.
(b) His hair band.
(c) His arrows.
(d) His moccasins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
2. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
3. What is the name of the man in charge of the town in Chapter 26?
4. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
5. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
2. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
3. How does Mack escape the soldiers at the end of the chapter?
4. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
5. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
6. How does Mack lead one of Alekhin's men onto the ice?
7. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
8. Why is Mack worried about the soldiers in this section?
9. What problems is Alekhin having with Zamatev in this section?
10. How does Zhikarev change his plans?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)