|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the soldier who falls off the rock trap Mack set hurt himself?
(a) He breaks his back.
(b) He fractures his skull.
(c) He fractures his foot.
(d) He breaks his leg.
2. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
(a) An official car stops at their cabin.
(b) They hear gunshots.
(c) They hear a warrant has been put out for their arrest.
(d) Mack should have already arrived.
3. Where does Mack hide in Chapter 29?
(a) A tree trunk.
(b) A cave.
(c) Tall grass.
(d) A burrow.
4. Which of the following two characters helps Mack to rescue Yakov?
(a) Zamatev and Alekhin.
(b) Natayla and Kyra.
(c) Botev and Borowsky.
(d) Peshkov and Baraonas.
5. What item of Mack's did Alekhin find at the helicopter crash?
(a) His moccasins.
(b) His hair band.
(c) His bow.
(d) His arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
2. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
3. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
4. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
5. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack escape the soldiers at the end of the chapter?
2. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
3. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
4. What problems is Alekhin having with Zamatev in this section?
5. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
6. Why don't Natalya and Baronas trust Bocharev?
7. How does Yakov help Natayla?
8. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
9. What problems is Mack having in this chapter?
10. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)