|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
(a) An official car stops at their cabin.
(b) They hear a warrant has been put out for their arrest.
(c) Mack should have already arrived.
(d) They hear gunshots.
2. What is the name of the official who pulls up outside the Baronas' cabin?
3. Who is Mack constantly thinking about as he battles the cold?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
4. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
(a) Talk to an official.
(b) Give her his car.
(c) Give her money.
(d) Help her find Mack.
5. How does the soldier who falls off the rock trap Mack set hurt himself?
(a) He fractures his skull.
(b) He breaks his back.
(c) He fractures his foot.
(d) He breaks his leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is holding a meeting at the beginning of Chapter 35?
2. Who takes Zhikarev to the Chinese border in this section?
3. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
4. What is Ruskovsky's rank?
5. How does Mack cause the avalanche?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peshkov die?
2. How does Mack lead one of Alekhin's men onto the ice?
3. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
4. Why does Botev pretend to be interested in finding Mack?
5. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
6. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
7. What problem does Zamatev have with Kyra?
8. Why is Mack worried about the soldiers in this section?
9. Why do Natayla and her father think they are in danger at the end of this section?
10. Why does Baronas want to leave?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)