|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
(a) He cuts his hair.
(b) He covers his tracks.
(c) He leave cryptic clues.
(d) He changes direction constantly.
2. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 24 for clothing and meat?
(a) A horse.
(b) A reindeer.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A bear.
3. Where does Mack land the helicopter?
(b) The taiga.
(c) An army base.
4. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
(a) Cut off his finger.
(b) Ties him up.
(c) Tortures him.
(d) Kills him.
5. Who does Mack kill at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) A village chief.
(b) A mayor.
(c) A car driver.
(d) A helicopter pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
2. Why is Zamatev worried about Mac in this section?
3. What interests Ostap about the job?
4. How does Alekhin know Mac killed the man?
5. Who is Mack constantly thinking about as he battles the cold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peshkov die?
2. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
3. Why is Mack worried about the soldiers in this section?
4. Why does Baronas want to leave?
5. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
6. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
7. What problems is Mack having in this chapter?
8. How does Mack escape the soldiers at the end of the chapter?
9. How does Mack stop the soldiers after him in this section?
10. How does Mack lead one of Alekhin's men onto the ice?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)