|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mack think he should hide during the winter?
(a) The mountains.
(b) A city.
(c) A village.
(d) A forest.
2. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
(a) Talk to an official.
(b) Give her money.
(c) Give her his car.
(d) Help her find Mack.
3. What is the name of the man helping Natalya and Zhikarev across the border?
4. What does Alekhin do before he tries to find Mack?
(a) Hires more men.
(b) Prays to God.
(c) Refreshes his mind.
(d) Studies his habits.
5. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
(a) He has always wanted to go to America.
(b) He refuses to leave his daughter.
(c) He has spent too long in hiding.
(d) He hates confined spaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
2. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
3. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
4. Why does Bocharev want to help Natalya and her father?
5. Whose loyalty does Zamatev begin to question in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack escape the soldiers at the end of the chapter?
2. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
3. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
4. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
5. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
6. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
7. Why does Baronas want to leave?
8. What problems is Mack having in this chapter?
9. Why do Natayla and her father think they are in danger at the end of this section?
10. How does Yakov help Natayla?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)