|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
(a) Horse hooves.
(c) Pieces of tree bark.
(d) Elk hooves.
2. Who tries to warn the men of the avalanche?
3. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
(a) He is easy work.
(b) The longer it takes the longer he can torture him.
(c) He is a challenge.
(d) The longer it takes the more money he earns.
4. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
(a) He tells them they wil be given good houses.
(b) He tells them they will get a good position in society.
(c) He tells them they will be paid alot of money.
(d) He tells them they will be allowed to travel freely.
5. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 34?
(a) A ewe.
(b) A bear.
(c) A reindeer.
(d) A mountain goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Zhikarev to the Chinese border in this section?
2. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
3. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 24 for clothing and meat?
4. Which character dies in this section?
5. Why does Yakov think Baronas will not be much use to his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
2. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
3. How does Mack stop the soldiers after him in this section?
4. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
5. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
6. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
7. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
8. How does Zhikarev change his plans?
9. Why don't Natalya and Baronas trust Bocharev?
10. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)