|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alekhin do before he tries to find Mack?
(a) Studies his habits.
(b) Hires more men.
(c) Prays to God.
(d) Refreshes his mind.
2. What interests Ostap about the job?
(a) The money.
(b) The chance for promotion.
(c) The chance to talk English.
(d) The manhunt.
3. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
(a) He creates a avalanche.
(b) He fires a rain of arrows.
(c) He releases rats.
(d) He pushes a boulder towards them.
4. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
(a) He owes him money.
(b) He can help Mack get back to America.
(c) He was the first person to help him.
(d) He helped Natalya.
5. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother-in-law.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men know that Mack passed through their camp?
2. Who will Natalya talk to about Mack when she arrives in America?
3. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
4. How does Peshkov hurt himself in Chapter 33?
5. What does the official offer to do for Natalya and her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zhikarev change his plans?
2. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
3. How does Mack stop the soldiers after him in this section?
4. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
5. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
6. Why is Mack worried about the soldiers in this section?
7. How does Mack escape the soldiers at the end of the chapter?
8. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
9. How does Peshkov die?
10. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)