|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
(a) They can't trust Bocharev.
(b) Three's a crowd.
(c) They can't pay Bocharev.
(d) They don't have the time to wait.
2. Why don't Natalya and her father want to wait for Mack at Plastun Bay?
(a) They may need to betray him to escape.
(b) They feel he has betrayed them.
(c) It is dangerous for him to come back.
(d) He is bad news.
3. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
(a) Give her his car.
(b) Give her money.
(c) Help her find Mack.
(d) Talk to an official.
4. Who is holding a meeting at the beginning of Chapter 35?
5. What is the name of the official who pulls up outside the Baronas' cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mack unable to hunt as often as he would like in Chapter 36?
2. What does the helicopter pilot say is his mission?
3. What does the official offer to do for Natalya and her father?
4. Which character has spent his or her's entire life in hiding?
5. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yakov help Natayla?
2. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
3. What problems is Mack having in this chapter?
4. Why don't Natalya and Baronas trust Bocharev?
5. How does Peshkov die?
6. What problems is Alekhin having with Zamatev in this section?
7. How does Mack stop the soldiers after him in this section?
8. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
9. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
10. How does Zhikarev change his plans?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)