|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
2. What interests Ostap about the job?
(a) The chance for promotion.
(b) The money.
(c) The manhunt.
(d) The chance to talk English.
3. Where does Mack think he should hide during the winter?
(a) A city.
(b) The mountains.
(c) A village.
(d) A forest.
4. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
(a) Help her find Mack.
(b) Give her his car.
(c) Talk to an official.
(d) Give her money.
5. How does Mack cause the avalanche?
(a) He shoots at the mountainside.
(b) He hits the mountainside with a club.
(c) He causes an animal trampede.
(d) He throws loose rocks down from a ledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
2. What does Mack see looking for him from his hiding spot in the valley?
3. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
4. Who takes Zhikarev to the Chinese border in this section?
5. What kind of transport does Mack steal after freeing Yakov?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mack worried about the soldiers in this section?
2. Why don't Natalya and Baronas trust Bocharev?
3. How does Mack escape the soldiers at the end of the chapter?
4. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
5. Why does Baronas want to leave?
6. What problem does Zamatev have with Kyra?
7. How does Mack lead one of Alekhin's men onto the ice?
8. How does Yakov help Natayla?
9. Why do Natayla and her father think they are in danger at the end of this section?
10. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)