|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
(c) St. Petersburg.
2. What is the first thing Mack does to slow the soldiers down?
(a) Cuts trees down.
(b) Leads them into a lion's den.
(c) Throws rocks at them.
(d) Lights a grass fire.
3. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
(a) Natayla's house.
(b) The woods.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The helicopter crash site.
4. Why don't Natalya and her father want to wait for Mack at Plastun Bay?
(a) It is dangerous for him to come back.
(b) They feel he has betrayed them.
(c) He is bad news.
(d) They may need to betray him to escape.
5. What is the name of the official who pulls up outside the Baronas' cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man in charge of the town in Chapter 26?
2. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
3. What does Mack take from the three men he ties up at the camp?
4. Why do Natalya and Baronas decide they can trust Bocharev?
5. What does the official offer to do for Natalya and her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack escape the soldiers at the end of the chapter?
2. Why does Mack decide to rescue Yakov?
3. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
4. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
5. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
6. Why does Baronas want to leave?
7. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
8. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
9. How does Zhikarev change his plans?
10. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)