|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Botev pretend to be interested in finding Mack?
(a) To get information on Yakov.
(b) To find more about what Ostap is doing.
(c) To keep the trackers away from Mack's path.
(d) To earn some money.
2. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
(a) Pieces of tree bark.
(b) Elk hooves.
(c) Horse hooves.
3. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
(a) His suitcase of gold.
(b) Mack's hideout.
(c) Buried treasure.
(d) Mack's bow and arrows.
4. Who takes Zhikarev to the Chinese border in this section?
(a) A truck driver.
(b) An official.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) A soldier.
5. What does Yakov tell Natalya about Bocharev?
(a) He has his own motives for helping.
(b) She can trust him.
(c) He killed his own son.
(d) He is evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yakov think Baronas will not be much use to his daughter?
2. Who does Alekhin think Mack plans to kill?
3. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
4. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 24 for clothing and meat?
5. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
2. What problem does Zamatev have with Kyra?
3. Why don't Natalya and Baronas trust Bocharev?
4. Why does Baronas want to leave?
5. What problems is Mack having in this chapter?
6. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
7. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
8. How does Mack escape the soldiers at the end of the chapter?
9. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
10. How does Zhikarev change his plans?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)