|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the helicopter pilot say is his mission?
(a) He is transporting food to the trackers.
(b) He has to transport Yakov.
(c) He is looking for Kyra.
(d) He is looking for Mack.
2. Why don't Natalya and her father want to wait for Mack at Plastun Bay?
(a) They may need to betray him to escape.
(b) It is dangerous for him to come back.
(c) They feel he has betrayed them.
(d) He is bad news.
3. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
(a) Mack should have already arrived.
(b) They hear gunshots.
(c) They hear a warrant has been put out for their arrest.
(d) An official car stops at their cabin.
4. Where does Mack land the helicopter?
(c) The taiga.
(d) An army base.
5. What does Yakov tell Natalya about Bocharev?
(a) He is evil.
(b) He has his own motives for helping.
(c) He killed his own son.
(d) She can trust him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack take from the three men he ties up at the camp?
2. Who tries to warn the men of the avalanche?
3. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
4. What does Alekhin do before he tries to find Mack?
5. Why does Bocharev want to help Natalya and her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is Alekhin having with Zamatev in this section?
2. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
3. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
4. What problems is Mack having in this chapter?
5. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
6. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
7. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
8. How does Yakov help Natayla?
9. Why does Mack decide to rescue Yakov?
10. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)