|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man helping Natalya and Zhikarev across the border?
2. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
(a) St. Petersburg.
3. How do the men know that Mack passed through their camp?
(a) He dropped an arrow.
(b) He dropped his wallet.
(c) They find his tracks.
(d) Someone saw him.
4. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
(a) Give her money.
(b) Help her find Mack.
(c) Talk to an official.
(d) Give her his car.
5. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 24 for clothing and meat?
(a) A bear.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A horse.
(d) A reindeer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mack unable to hunt as often as he would like in Chapter 36?
2. What item of Mack's did Alekhin find at the helicopter crash?
3. What does Alekhin do before he tries to find Mack?
4. What is the name of the man in charge of the town in Chapter 26?
5. Who does Alekhin think Mack plans to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peshkov die?
2. What problems is Mack having in this chapter?
3. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
4. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
5. Why do Natayla and her father think they are in danger at the end of this section?
6. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
7. How does Yakov help Natayla?
8. Why does Mack decide to rescue Yakov?
9. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
10. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)