|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
(a) He is the best tracker in Russia.
(b) He is very trustworthy.
(c) He will be better at dealing with the trackers.
(d) He can speak English.
2. What does Mack think will happen if he is unable to get far enough away from the soldiers?
(a) He will get to to a part of the taiga the soldiers know vey well.
(b) He will get to a part of the taiga where he will have nowhere to hide.
(c) He will run out of food.
(d) He will reach the city and be arrested.
3. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
(a) Bocharev is known as a torturer.
(b) She no longer loves Mack.
(c) The Soviets will use her to capture Mack.
(d) His son was not the nice person he thinks.
4. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
(a) He hates confined spaces.
(b) He has spent too long in hiding.
(c) He has always wanted to go to America.
(d) He refuses to leave his daughter.
5. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
(a) The helicopter crash site.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The woods.
(d) Natayla's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of Mack's did Alekhin find at the helicopter crash?
2. Why does Yakov think Baronas will not be much use to his daughter?
3. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
4. What does Mack see looking for him from his hiding spot in the valley?
5. Where does Mack hide in Chapter 29?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)