|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
(a) An official car stops at their cabin.
(b) They hear gunshots.
(c) Mack should have already arrived.
(d) They hear a warrant has been put out for their arrest.
2. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 34?
(a) A mountain goat.
(b) A reindeer.
(c) A ewe.
(d) A bear.
3. Where does Kyra say she can go to get more help?
(a) St. Petersburg.
4. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
(a) The Soviets will use her to capture Mack.
(b) She no longer loves Mack.
(c) His son was not the nice person he thinks.
(d) Bocharev is known as a torturer.
5. Who will Natalya talk to about Mack when she arrives in America?
(a) The President.
(b) The army.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The media.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
2. Who tries to warn the men of the avalanche?
3. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
4. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
5. Which character dies in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alekhin learn about Mack's habits?
2. How does Mack lead one of Alekhin's men onto the ice?
3. What problems is Alekhin having with Zamatev in this section?
4. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
5. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
6. How does Mack stop the soldiers after him in this section?
7. How does Zhikarev change his plans?
8. Why does Baronas want to leave?
9. What does Mack learn from the helicopter pilot?
10. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)