|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can the Man On The Other End trust the Baroness?
(a) She has good intuition.
(b) Her old Soviet ties.
(c) Her animosity towards her own country.
(d) She is not motivated by money.
2. How far away is Joe when Alekhin visits Vanyushin?
(a) Fifty miles.
(b) Fifteen miles.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Fifty minutes.
3. Where is Kyra sent?
(a) Along the Sea of Japan.
(b) To Aldan.
(c) The Sikhote Alin Mountains.
(d) Back to Shepilov's office.
4. What happens at more than fifty below?
(a) Rubber tires melt.
(b) Rubber turns to metal.
(c) Metal becomes stronger.
(d) Metal becomes fragile.
5. By which river does Joe fall asleep from weariness?
(a) The Kalar River.
(b) The Lena River.
(c) The Tsipa River.
(d) The Amur River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the key to survival?
2. Which arrow finally kills the bear?
3. Why does Joe think mine workers lived in the old building?
4. What does Mac say he will do to Peshkov if he tries to anything again?
5. Where does Zhikarev have an offshore account?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
2. Why is Mack not worried about Peshkov in this section?
3. Why doesn't Mack want to get close to Natayla?
4. How does Yakov help Mack?
5. How does Mack cause the helicopter to crash?
6. Describe the cells the guards take Mack back to?
7. What does Colonel Zamatev already know about Mack?
8. In what way is Mack cautious when approaching the woman?
9. Why does the colonel think Mack would be interested in meeting Alekhin?
10. What does Mack remember about the Siberian terrain?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)