|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joe sleep so poorly?
(a) He has been hungry for days.
(b) He is scared of the helicopter.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) He is scared of the wolves.
2. What is the quickest way out of Siberia?
(a) Swimming Lake Baikal to Manchuria.
(b) Trekking to China.
(c) Trans-Siberia Railway.
(d) Riding a deer through Yakutia territory.
3. Which member of the village wants Mack to leave?
4. Why does Natalya make Mack a shirt?
(a) To keep him warm.
(b) So he will blend in.
(c) To wear for special occassions.
(d) To get married.
5. Why is Zamatev's coat so unadorned?
(a) He chooses not to wear decorations.
(b) He cannot find his decorations.
(c) His decorations have been confiscated.
(d) His ranking is low.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zhikarev so worried?
2. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
3. Which arrow finally kills the bear?
4. What window do the prisoners have to talk without being spied on?
5. Where does Kyra think Zhikarev is heading?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
2. Why does Mack decide to leave the village?
3. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
4. Why does Ostap inform on Mack?
5. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
6. What problem does Zamatev have with Kyra?
7. Why is Natayla lucky when she goes to find Pontin?
8. Why does Kyra think Ostap is a good choice in assisting with the tracking?
9. Why does Natayla want to make Mack a shirt?
10. Why does Baronas want to leave?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)