|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
(a) The white man had better armour.
(b) The Indians did not know how to fight short term battles.
(c) The Indians were not good at fighting in the cold.
(d) The white man attacked in spring and caught them by surprise.
2. Who does Yakov say is searching for Mack?
3. Why does Mack think Alekhin will be harder to hide from?
(a) He is an Indian.
(b) He is a marine.
(c) He will stop at nothing.
(d) He knows Mack inside out.
4. What kind of weapon does Mack threaten Peshkov with?
(a) A gun.
(b) A tomahawk.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
5. Where does Mack say he will take both Natalya and her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Alaskan Indian carry over Chilhoot Pass?
2. Who gives Joe his non-Indian heritage?
3. Where does Mack meet Natalya in Chapter 16?
4. How does Mack make sure he can leave the village quickly if needed?
5. What does the soldier count up to before he is allowed to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
2. What does Colonel Zamatev already know about Mack?
3. What is Mack's routine at the village?
4. How does Mack convince the man to let him go?
5. How does Yakov help Mack?
6. Why does Mack think Zamatev is good at his job?
7. Why is Mack worried about Alekhin?
8. Why does Natayla want to make Mack a shirt?
9. Describe the cells the guards take Mack back to?
10. Why does Mack decide to leave the village?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)