|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe dry off after his swim?
(a) By putting on some dry clothes.
(b) He rolls around in the forest.
(c) By standing in the breeze.
(d) Wiping himself with grass.
2. How big is Siberia?
(a) More than three million square miles.
(b) More than five million square miles.
(c) More than three times the size of the United States.
(d) Less than five times the size of the United States.
3. What happens at more than fifty below?
(a) Metal becomes fragile.
(b) Rubber tires melt.
(c) Rubber turns to metal.
(d) Metal becomes stronger.
4. How much distance is between the wire fence and the white line?
(a) Six inches.
(b) Six meters.
(c) Six centimeters.
(d) Six feet.
5. Why does Joe find it so easy to escape his cell?
(a) Pennington opens the door for him from the outside.
(b) The locks are not complicated.
(c) In Idaho he worked as a key maker.
(d) The lights are out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wulff not want Kyra around?
2. What is a stool pigeon?
3. Which tribe did the Sioux defeat for control of the Black Hills?
4. What does Kyra think Wulff wants?
5. What new tracks does he find as he continues south?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zhikacev know Stegman?
2. How does Mack convince the man to let him go?
3. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
4. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
5. Why is Mack worried about Alekhin?
6. What does Colonel Zamatev already know about Mack?
7. How does Yakov help Mack?
8. Why does the colonel think Mack would be interested in meeting Alekhin?
9. What is Zamatev's relationship with Kyra?
10. Why does Mack decide to leave the village?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)