|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the undamaged nature of the new furs suggest?
(a) A Red Indian caught the animals.
(b) The animals were taken with snares.
(c) The animals were taken with traps.
(d) The animals died of natural causes.
2. What does Joe decide can wait?
(a) Going to the bathroom.
(b) A weapon.
(c) Warmer clothing.
3. Which arrow finally kills the bear?
(a) The sixth shot into its right side.
(b) The fifth shot down its throat.
(c) The fourth shot.
(d) The third arrow into its throat.
4. Why does Zhikarev excite Kyra?
(a) He can be made to betray Wulff.
(b) He is a superb helicopter pilot.
(c) He has the best furs.
(d) She hopes he will allow her to catch Joe.
5. Why is Zamatev's coat so unadorned?
(a) His ranking is low.
(b) He cannot find his decorations.
(c) His decorations have been confiscated.
(d) He chooses not to wear decorations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Talya reluctant to go to America?
2. Where does Zhikarev have an offshore account?
3. Why does Evgeny Zhilarev wear slippers?
4. What does the soldier count up to before he is allowed to go?
5. What advantage in grooming do most Indians have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mack decide to leave the village?
2. Why does Mack think Zamatev is good at his job?
3. What does Colonel Zamatev already know about Mack?
4. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
5. Why does Kyra want to change the guards at the Chinese border?
6. Why is Yakov on the run from the Soviets?
7. What is Mack's routine at the village?
8. What problems does Mack have at the beginning of Chapter 6?
9. What does Mack do with the reindeer he kills?
10. How does Mack anger Peshkov in this section?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)