|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Martin Lap?
(a) An American pilot.
(b) A Lithuanian poet.
(c) A Siberian tracker.
(d) A Russian architect.
2. What does Joe long for after killing the bear?
(a) More arrows.
(b) A sharper knife.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A glass of wine.
3. Why would Joe be expected to make for the Mongolian border?
(a) It is controlled by the British.
(b) They would sell him weapons.
(c) He has family there.
(d) It is the least distance.
4. What raises Zamatev's suspicions that he is being followed?
(a) Footprints in the snow.
(b) Kyra's nosiness.
(c) A little car.
(d) A secret message in his stack of daily documents.
5. How much distance is between the wire fence and the white line?
(a) Six centimeters.
(b) Six inches.
(c) Six meters.
(d) Six feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who tortured Zamatev during the war?
2. What is the key to survival?
3. Where does Kyra think Mack is hiding?
4. Why does the settlement need Peshkov?
5. Who gives Joe his non-Indian heritage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colonel Zamatev already know about Mack?
2. Why is Mack worried about Alekhin?
3. Describe the cells the guards take Mack back to?
4. How does Mack anger Peshkov in this section?
5. What problems does Mack have at the beginning of Chapter 6?
6. What does Mack do with the reindeer he kills?
7. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
8. How does Mack convince the man to let him go?
9. How does Mack cause the helicopter to crash?
10. How does Mack prepare to leave the village?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)