|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joe sleep so poorly?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) He is scared of the helicopter.
(c) He is scared of the wolves.
(d) He has been hungry for days.
2. What did the Alaskan Indian carry over Chilhoot Pass?
(a) Fifty bear hides.
(b) A piano.
(c) Three hundred pounds of bear meat.
(d) Half a ton of water.
3. Which arrow finally kills the bear?
(a) The fifth shot down its throat.
(b) The fourth shot.
(c) The sixth shot into its right side.
(d) The third arrow into its throat.
4. What advantage in grooming do most Indians have?
(a) Not much facial hair.
(b) Clean skin.
(c) Straight, easy to manage hair.
(d) Lack of odour.
5. Why is Zamatev's coat so unadorned?
(a) His ranking is low.
(b) His decorations have been confiscated.
(c) He chooses not to wear decorations.
(d) He cannot find his decorations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe long for after killing the bear?
2. Why does Evgeny Zhilarev wear slippers?
3. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
4. Where does Kyra think Mack is hiding?
5. What does Mac say he will do to Peshkov if he tries to anything again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Natayla and her father think they are in danger at the end of this section?
2. Why does Mack think Zamatev is good at his job?
3. How does Peshkov die?
4. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
5. Why does Mack decide to leave the village?
6. Why is Mack worried about Alekhin?
7. How does Mack lead one of Alekhin's men onto the ice?
8. What problem does Zamatev have with Kyra?
9. Why does Mack think the boulder trap that breaks the man's leg is better than the others?
10. How does Zhikarev change his plans?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)