|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Yakov say is searching for Mack?
2. Who is Martin Lap?
(a) A Russian architect.
(b) A Siberian tracker.
(c) A Lithuanian poet.
(d) An American pilot.
3. What does Joe realize he needs to actually escape Siberia?
(a) More bear skins.
(b) Some Sanskrit.
(c) Another pair of mocassins.
(d) Some rubles.
4. What does Mac say he will do to Peshkov if he tries to anything again?
(a) Castrate him.
(b) Turn him in.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Maime him.
5. What does Joe decide can wait?
(a) A weapon.
(b) Warmer clothing.
(d) Going to the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the quickest way out of Siberia?
2. What rank does Zamatev want by fifty?
3. Why does the rest of the village want Mack to stay?
4. Why do the Soviets capture Makatozi?
5. What is Joe scared he might never have again?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Mack cautious when approaching the woman?
2. How does Mack convince the man to let him go?
3. What is Zamatev's relationship with Kyra?
4. What is Mack's routine at the village?
5. Why doesn't Mack want to get close to Natayla?
6. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
7. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
8. What does Mack do with the bear he sees?
9. Why is Mack not worried about Peshkov in this section?
10. What does Mack remember about the Siberian terrain?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)