Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe use to cross Olekma?
(a) A lumber plank.
(b) A single drift log.
(c) A gigantic old floater.
(d) A mass of driftwood.
2. How has Kyra made sure Zhikrev can't get into China?
(a) She has electronically tagged him.
(b) She has changed the guards on the border.
(c) She has put up road blocks.
(d) She has told her men to shoot upon sight.
3. Why does Zamatev think Kyra is the best?
(a) She is decended from Russian royalty.
(b) She is smart.
(c) She is the sister of someone important.
(d) She is Shepilov's daughter.
4. What does Kyra think Wulff wants?
(a) Natalya Lebedev.
(b) Nothing to change.
(c) To rise to the top.
(d) The American captured for himself.
5. What characteristic annoys Zamatev when he first meets Makatozi?
(b) Lack of cooperation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier count up to before he is allowed to go?
2. Why does Joe think mine workers lived in the old building?
3. What is Pennington's specialty?
4. What is the key to survival?
5. What puzzles Jack about Yakov?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Natayla's trip through the taiga in this section?
2. What is Zamatev's relationship with Kyra?
3. What does Mack do with the bear he sees?
4. Why does Peshkov hate Mack?
5. How does Yakov help Mack?
6. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
7. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
8. What does Mack see when he steps into the sunlight?
9. What is Mack's routine at the village?
10. Why is Yakov on the run from the Soviets?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)