|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the rest of the village want Mack to stay?
(a) He provides them with meat.
(b) He is a good builder.
(c) He is a tourist attraction.
(d) He has money.
2. Which berries do little for Joe's hunger?
(a) Patridge berries.
(c) Ptarmigan berries.
3. Why does Zhikarev excite Kyra?
(a) He has the best furs.
(b) He can be made to betray Wulff.
(c) He is a superb helicopter pilot.
(d) She hopes he will allow her to catch Joe.
4. What are Tungus?
(a) Siberian nationals.
(b) Russian police.
(c) Lithuanian royalty.
(d) Reindeer people.
5. How does Joe dry off after his swim?
(a) By standing in the breeze.
(b) He rolls around in the forest.
(c) Wiping himself with grass.
(d) By putting on some dry clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal dislikes Joe's smell?
2. Where is Shepilov looking for Joe?
3. What noise alerts Joe to the rail work?
4. What is the name of the man who tortured Zamatev during the war?
5. What are Zamatev's roots?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack prepare to leave the village?
2. Why does Natayla want to make Mack a shirt?
3. Why is Mack not worried about Peshkov in this section?
4. In what way is Mack cautious when approaching the woman?
5. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
6. Why is Yakov on the run from the Soviets?
7. Why does Mack think Zamatev is good at his job?
8. What is Mack's routine at the village?
9. What does Mack do with the reindeer he kills?
10. Why doesn't Mack want to get close to Natayla?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)