|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack use to kill the helicopter pilot?
(a) A machine gun.
(b) A tomahawk.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A rifle.
2. What new tracks does he find as he continues south?
(a) His own tracks as he goes in circles.
(b) Moose tracks.
(c) Recently made human tracks.
(d) Those of a tiger.
3. What are Tungus?
(a) Russian police.
(b) Siberian nationals.
(c) Reindeer people.
(d) Lithuanian royalty.
4. Why is Kyra so confused?
(a) Alekhin's clues seem misleading.
(b) Siberia is so vast a place to look for one man.
(c) She is suspicious of her driver Stegman.
(d) She does not understand what motivates Wulff.
5. Where does Mack say he will take both Natalya and her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the Man On The Other End trust the Baroness?
2. Why does the settlement need Peshkov?
3. Why does Joe find it so easy to escape his cell?
4. Who is Martin Lap?
5. What happens at more than fifty below?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't Natalya and Baronas trust Bocharev?
2. Why is Natayla lucky when she goes to find Pontin?
3. How does Mack stop the soldiers after him in this section?
4. What does Mack see when he steps into the sunlight?
5. Why does Mack decide to leave the village?
6. Why does Mack think Zamatev is good at his job?
7. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
8. What is Zamatev's relationship with Kyra?
9. Summarize the book.
10. How does Peshkov die?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)