|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mack meet Natalya in Chapter 16?
(a) The woods.
(b) The cave.
(c) The temple.
(d) Her tent.
2. Where does Mack tell Stephen to meet him in Chapter 17?
(a) Plastun Bay.
(b) Jacksonville Fountain.
3. How does Joe dry off after his swim?
(a) Wiping himself with grass.
(b) By putting on some dry clothes.
(c) He rolls around in the forest.
(d) By standing in the breeze.
4. What did the Alaskan Indian carry over Chilhoot Pass?
(a) A piano.
(b) Fifty bear hides.
(c) Half a ton of water.
(d) Three hundred pounds of bear meat.
5. What noise alerts Joe to the rail work?
(a) The whistle of a train.
(b) The squeak of a backhoe.
(c) The sound of a tractor.
(d) The rumble of a steamroller.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the settlement ensure its survival?
2. What is the quickest way out of Siberia?
3. Why does Zamatev consider Major Joe to be alone?
4. What does Mack use to kill the helicopter pilot?
5. Where is Shepilov looking for Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peshkov hate Mack?
2. How does Mack anger Peshkov in this section?
3. What is Zamatev's relationship with Kyra?
4. What does Colonel Zamatev already know about Mack?
5. What does Mack do with the reindeer he kills?
6. Why doesn't Mack want to get close to Natayla?
7. What problems does Mack have at the beginning of Chapter 6?
8. How does Mack convince the man to let him go?
9. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
10. Why is Mack not worried about Peshkov in this section?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)