|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By which river does Joe fall asleep from weariness?
(a) The Kalar River.
(b) The Lena River.
(c) The Amur River.
(d) The Tsipa River.
2. Where does Mack tell Stephen to meet him in Chapter 17?
(c) Plastun Bay.
(d) Jacksonville Fountain.
3. How does the settlement ensure its survival?
(a) By offering their best furs.
(b) The make money by selling coffee.
(c) They refuse all strangers.
(d) They give Wulff free meals.
4. What does Joe decide can wait?
(b) Going to the bathroom.
(c) A weapon.
(d) Warmer clothing.
5. When do the Indian people kill a bear?
(a) When the shaman tells them it will bring good fortune.
(b) Only when there is need.
(c) Only on the first day of spring.
(d) When a bear will not obey commands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Joe be expected to make for the Mongolian border?
2. How big is Siberia?
3. What makes Talya reluctant to go to America?
4. Where does Zhikarev have an offshore account?
5. What does the soldier count up to before he is allowed to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yakov worry about Natayla?
2. Why is Yakov on the run from the Soviets?
3. What mistake has Zamatev not only made, but also continues to make?
4. Why does Natayla want to make Mack a shirt?
5. What is Zamatev's relationship with Kyra?
6. What problem does Zamatev have with Kyra?
7. What do Baronas and Natayla plan to do?
8. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
9. Why doesn't Mack want to get close to Natayla?
10. Why does Baronas want to leave?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)