|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might aid Joe's dash to the forest?
(a) Thawing of the snow.
(b) Fear of being shot.
(c) A sled.
(d) Running on all fours.
2. What is a stool pigeon?
(a) A type of bird.
(b) A person form England.
(c) An informant.
(d) A chemist.
3. Which region would provide Joe more game?
(a) Yenisei lands to the west.
(b) The northern Ob region.
(c) South to the Amur region.
(d) Along the Lena river in the east.
4. Using what hunting weapon would do Joe more harm than good?
(a) Traditional Bow and arrow.
(b) A stone sling.
(c) A wooden spear.
(d) A rifle.
5. What are the four virtues of a Sioux warrior?
(a) Bravery, generosity, wisdom and fortitude.
(b) Emotionally detachment, wisdom, fortitude and strength.
(c) Generoristy, bravery, intelligence and solitude.
(d) Wisdon, ruthlessness, bravery and magnitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
2. Why do the Soviets capture Makatozi?
3. How does a Sioux prefer to die?
4. What happens at more than fifty below?
5. Why does Zamatev think Kyra is the best?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack convince the man to let him go?
2. Why does Peshkov hate Mack?
3. How does Mack cause the helicopter to crash?
4. What does Mack remember about the Siberian terrain?
5. Why is Yakov on the run from the Soviets?
6. How does Mack anger Peshkov in this section?
7. How does Mack prepare to leave the village?
8. Why does Natayla want to make Mack a shirt?
9. How does Yakov help Mack?
10. Why does Kyra want to change the guards at the Chinese border?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)