|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage in grooming do most Indians have?
(a) Not much facial hair.
(b) Straight, easy to manage hair.
(c) Lack of odour.
(d) Clean skin.
2. Where does Mack say he will take both Natalya and her father?
3. Why does Natalya make Mack a shirt?
(a) To wear for special occassions.
(b) To get married.
(c) So he will blend in.
(d) To keep him warm.
4. Why does Mack think Alekhin will be harder to hide from?
(a) He knows Mack inside out.
(b) He is a marine.
(c) He is an Indian.
(d) He will stop at nothing.
5. When do the Indian people kill a bear?
(a) When the shaman tells them it will bring good fortune.
(b) When a bear will not obey commands.
(c) Only on the first day of spring.
(d) Only when there is need.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yakov use to wake Joe?
2. What animal dislikes Joe's smell?
3. What does Mac say he will do to Peshkov if he tries to anything again?
4. What is the Siberian taiga known for?
5. What makes Yakov lower his gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mack see when he steps into the sunlight?
2. What does Colonel Zamatev already know about Mack?
3. What is Zamatev's relationship with Kyra?
4. What is Mack's routine at the village?
5. Why does Kyra want to change the guards at the Chinese border?
6. How does Mack prepare to leave the village?
7. How does Mack anger Peshkov in this section?
8. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
9. Why does Mack decide to leave the village?
10. How does Mack cause the helicopter to crash?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)