|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kyra think Zhikarev is heading?
2. Why does Zhikarev excite Kyra?
(a) He can be made to betray Wulff.
(b) She hopes he will allow her to catch Joe.
(c) He is a superb helicopter pilot.
(d) He has the best furs.
3. What makes Talya reluctant to go to America?
(a) The winter is too cold.
(b) It is not beautiful enough.
(c) The summer is too short.
(d) The gangsters.
4. What is Joe scared he might never have again?
(a) Escape from the wolves.
(b) Enough fat to survive the winter.
(c) A feeling of warmth.
(d) The love of a woman.
5. What does Joe long for after killing the bear?
(a) A sharper knife.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) More arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is Joe when Alekhin visits Vanyushin?
2. What is a stool pigeon?
3. How does Joe dry off after his swim?
4. What does the soldier count up to before he is allowed to go?
5. How big is Siberia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Mack want to get close to Natayla?
2. Why is a bow so important for Mack?
3. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
4. Why does Kyra want to change the guards at the Chinese border?
5. What does Colonel Zamatev already know about Mack?
6. What is Mack's routine at the village?
7. Why is Mack not worried about Peshkov in this section?
8. Why does Mack think Zamatev is good at his job?
9. How does Yakov help Mack?
10. How does Mack anger Peshkov in this section?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)