|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Natalya make Mack a shirt?
(a) To wear for special occassions.
(b) To keep him warm.
(c) So he will blend in.
(d) To get married.
2. What did the Alaskan Indian carry over Chilhoot Pass?
(a) Three hundred pounds of bear meat.
(b) A piano.
(c) Fifty bear hides.
(d) Half a ton of water.
3. Where does Mack meet Natalya in Chapter 16?
(a) The cave.
(b) The woods.
(c) The temple.
(d) Her tent.
4. Why does Zamatev consider Major Joe to be alone?
(a) He is already believed dead.
(b) He has no ties back home.
(c) Traitors have no friends.
(d) He is not yet married.
5. What is Joe scared he might never have again?
(a) Enough fat to survive the winter.
(b) Escape from the wolves.
(c) A feeling of warmth.
(d) The love of a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic annoys Zamatev when he first meets Makatozi?
2. What makes Talya reluctant to go to America?
3. Why would Joe be expected to make for the Mongolian border?
4. How does a Sioux prefer to die?
5. Why does Zamatev think Kyra is the best?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mack see when he steps into the sunlight?
2. What problems does Mack have at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What does Mack remember about the Siberian terrain?
4. Why does Peshkov hate Mack?
5. Why is Yakov on the run from the Soviets?
6. Why does the colonel think Mack would be interested in meeting Alekhin?
7. How does Mack convince the man to let him go?
8. Why doesn't Mack want to get close to Natayla?
9. Why does Mack think Zamatev is good at his job?
10. What does Mack do with the reindeer he kills?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)