|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the village wants Mack to leave?
2. What raises Zamatev's suspicions that he is being followed?
(a) Footprints in the snow.
(b) Kyra's nosiness.
(c) A secret message in his stack of daily documents.
(d) A little car.
3. What did the Alaskan Indian carry over Chilhoot Pass?
(a) Three hundred pounds of bear meat.
(b) Fifty bear hides.
(c) Half a ton of water.
(d) A piano.
4. What is the Siberian taiga known for?
(a) Great lakes.
(b) Treacherous swamps.
(c) Fine timber.
(d) Stretches if tundra.
5. How does Mack make sure he can leave the village quickly if needed?
(a) He prepaers a helicopter.
(b) He makes several trails.
(c) He tells no one of his plans to leave.
(d) He prepares a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe decide can wait?
2. What does Shepilov not have in Kyra's eyes?
3. Why does Zamatev consider Major Joe to be alone?
4. Why does Joe think mine workers lived in the old building?
5. What does the undamaged nature of the new furs suggest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Zamatev's relationship with Kyra?
2. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
3. Why does Peshkov hate Mack?
4. Why does Mack decide to leave the village?
5. Why does Kyra want to change the guards at the Chinese border?
6. What does Mack do with the reindeer he kills?
7. How does Mack anger Peshkov in this section?
8. Why doesn't Mack want to get close to Natayla?
9. Why is Mack not worried about Peshkov in this section?
10. How does Mack cause the helicopter to crash?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)