|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mack think Alekhin will be harder to hide from?
(a) He is a marine.
(b) He knows Mack inside out.
(c) He will stop at nothing.
(d) He is an Indian.
2. Where does Kyra think Zhikarev is heading?
3. What does Mac say he will do to Peshkov if he tries to anything again?
(a) Maime him.
(b) Turn him in.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Castrate him.
4. Why is Kyra so confused?
(a) She does not understand what motivates Wulff.
(b) She is suspicious of her driver Stegman.
(c) Siberia is so vast a place to look for one man.
(d) Alekhin's clues seem misleading.
5. What does Joe use to cross Olekma?
(a) A single drift log.
(b) A mass of driftwood.
(c) A lumber plank.
(d) A gigantic old floater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Soviets capture Makatozi?
2. How many moccasins could Joe make from the reindeer?
3. Why is Zhikarev so worried?
4. Where does Mack tell Stephen to meet him in Chapter 17?
5. Who is Martin Lap?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack anger Peshkov in this section?
2. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
3. How did Mack know what to do with the locks the minute he saw them?
4. How does Mack prepare to leave the village?
5. In what way is Mack cautious when approaching the woman?
6. What does Colonel Zamatev already know about Mack?
7. Why does Kyra want to change the guards at the Chinese border?
8. Why doesn't Mack want to get close to Natayla?
9. Why is a bow so important for Mack?
10. What is Zamatev's relationship with Kyra?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)