|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Zamatev's roots?
2. What does Yakov use to wake Joe?
(a) He pokes with his AK-47.
(b) He throws a pebble.
(c) A loud cough.
(d) By blowing in his ear.
3. What happens at more than fifty below?
(a) Metal becomes stronger.
(b) Rubber turns to metal.
(c) Rubber tires melt.
(d) Metal becomes fragile.
4. Why is Kyra so confused?
(a) She does not understand what motivates Wulff.
(b) Siberia is so vast a place to look for one man.
(c) Alekhin's clues seem misleading.
(d) She is suspicious of her driver Stegman.
5. What kind of weapon does Mack threaten Peshkov with?
(a) A tomahawk.
(b) A sword.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zhikarev excite Kyra?
2. What does Shepilov not have in Kyra's eyes?
3. Why does the settlement need Peshkov?
4. What is the Siberian taiga known for?
5. What window do the prisoners have to talk without being spied on?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Mack cautious when approaching the woman?
2. How does Yakov help Mack?
3. How does Mack cause the helicopter to crash?
4. Why does Kyra want to change the guards at the Chinese border?
5. Why does Natayla want to make Mack a shirt?
6. How does Mack prepare to leave the village?
7. What is Mack's routine at the village?
8. How does Mack convince the man to let him go?
9. Why does Mack think Zamatev is good at his job?
10. Why does Mack want to find his own place to stay?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)