|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Kyra made sure Zhikrev can't get into China?
(a) She has electronically tagged him.
(b) She has told her men to shoot upon sight.
(c) She has changed the guards on the border.
(d) She has put up road blocks.
2. Where does Kyra think Zhikarev is heading?
3. What does Joe use to cross Olekma?
(a) A gigantic old floater.
(b) A mass of driftwood.
(c) A single drift log.
(d) A lumber plank.
4. What window do the prisoners have to talk without being spied on?
(a) Only three seconds.
(b) Only three steps.
(c) Three words.
(d) Three breaths.
5. Where does Mack say he will take both Natalya and her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is approaching in August?
2. What is the quickest way out of Siberia?
3. What is Alekhin's pride?
4. Why does Natalya make Mack a shirt?
5. Why does Wulff not want Kyra around?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Yakov on the run from the Soviets?
2. Why does the colonel think Mack would be interested in meeting Alekhin?
3. What does Colonel Zamatev already know about Mack?
4. Why does Kyra want to change the guards at the Chinese border?
5. How does Zhikacev know Stegman?
6. What is Mack's routine at the village?
7. What does Mack do with the reindeer he kills?
8. What information does Pennington give Zamatev about Mack?
9. What does Mack see when he steps into the sunlight?
10. Why is Mack worried about Alekhin?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)