|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mack think he should hide during the winter?
(a) A village.
(b) A forest.
(c) A city.
(d) The mountains.
2. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
(a) He tells them they will get a good position in society.
(b) He tells them they will be allowed to travel freely.
(c) He tells them they wil be given good houses.
(d) He tells them they will be paid alot of money.
3. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
(a) Elk hooves.
(b) Pieces of tree bark.
(d) Horse hooves.
4. What does the helicopter pilot say is his mission?
(a) He is transporting food to the trackers.
(b) He is looking for Mack.
(c) He is looking for Kyra.
(d) He has to transport Yakov.
5. How does Peshkov hurt himself in Chapter 33?
(a) A falling rock strikes him on the head.
(b) He walks through glass.
(c) He steps on an arrow head.
(d) He falls and breaks his back.
6. What item of Mack's did Alekhin find at the helicopter crash?
(a) His moccasins.
(b) His hair band.
(c) His arrows.
(d) His bow.
7. Why don't Natalya and her father want to wait for Mack at Plastun Bay?
(a) He is bad news.
(b) It is dangerous for him to come back.
(c) They feel he has betrayed them.
(d) They may need to betray him to escape.
8. Why is Zamatev worried about Mac in this section?
(a) That he will befriend Mack.
(b) That he does not have the ability to catch Mack.
(c) That he is a psychotic.
(d) That he will kill Mack.
9. How do the men know that Mack passed through their camp?
(a) Someone saw him.
(b) He dropped his wallet.
(c) He dropped an arrow.
(d) They find his tracks.
10. Why does Mack make sure the helicopter pilot doesn't die?
(a) He is helpful.
(b) He is only doing his job.
(c) He has a family.
(d) He offers Mack his help.
11. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
(a) The longer it takes the longer he can torture him.
(b) He is easy work.
(c) He is a challenge.
(d) The longer it takes the more money he earns.
12. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
(a) The woods.
(b) The helicopter crash site.
(c) Natayla's house.
(d) The mountains.
13. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
(a) His brother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His son.
(d) His mistress.
14. How does the soldier who falls off the rock trap Mack set hurt himself?
(a) He fractures his foot.
(b) He breaks his back.
(c) He fractures his skull.
(d) He breaks his leg.
15. What does Mack decides he needs to stay to survive?
(a) A cave.
(b) The taiga.
(c) A village.
(d) A city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to warn the men of the avalanche?
2. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
3. What does the official offer to do for Natalya and her father?
4. Which character has spent his or her's entire life in hiding?
5. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)