|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
(a) Mack should have already arrived.
(b) They hear gunshots.
(c) An official car stops at their cabin.
(d) They hear a warrant has been put out for their arrest.
2. Who does Mack kill at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) A car driver.
(b) A mayor.
(c) A village chief.
(d) A helicopter pilot.
3. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 24 for clothing and meat?
(a) A bear.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A reindeer.
(d) A horse.
4. Why do Natalya and Baronas decide they can trust Bocharev?
(a) If he wanted to arrested to arrest them he would have done it.
(b) They know he has a good reputation among the villagers.
(c) He is in tears over his son's death.
(d) His son was a good man.
5. How does Natalya try to warm up her father?
(a) She makes a camp.
(b) She makes him a sheep skin jacket.
(c) She gives him her clothes.
(d) She makes a fire.
6. How does Peshkov hurt himself in Chapter 33?
(a) He steps on an arrow head.
(b) A falling rock strikes him on the head.
(c) He walks through glass.
(d) He falls and breaks his back.
7. Which character dies in this section?
8. Who tries to warn the men of the avalanche?
9. Who does Natalya meet in the city?
10. What is the name of the official who pulls up outside the Baronas' cabin?
11. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
(a) The longer it takes the longer he can torture him.
(b) He is a challenge.
(c) He is easy work.
(d) The longer it takes the more money he earns.
12. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
(a) He cuts his hair.
(b) He covers his tracks.
(c) He leave cryptic clues.
(d) He changes direction constantly.
13. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mistress.
14. How does the soldier who falls off the rock trap Mack set hurt himself?
(a) He fractures his skull.
(b) He fractures his foot.
(c) He breaks his back.
(d) He breaks his leg.
15. What does Mack think will happen if he is unable to get far enough away from the soldiers?
(a) He will get to to a part of the taiga the soldiers know vey well.
(b) He will get to a part of the taiga where he will have nowhere to hide.
(c) He will reach the city and be arrested.
(d) He will run out of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zamatev worried about Mac in this section?
2. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
3. Who is holding a meeting at the beginning of Chapter 35?
4. Which of Kyra's relatives are arrested in this section?
5. What is the name of the man helping Natalya and Zhikarev across the border?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)