|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the helicopter pilot say is his mission?
(a) He is looking for Kyra.
(b) He is transporting food to the trackers.
(c) He is looking for Mack.
(d) He has to transport Yakov.
2. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
(a) He fires a rain of arrows.
(b) He releases rats.
(c) He creates a avalanche.
(d) He pushes a boulder towards them.
3. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
(a) He tells them they will get a good position in society.
(b) He tells them they wil be given good houses.
(c) He tells them they will be paid alot of money.
(d) He tells them they will be allowed to travel freely.
4. Why don't Natalya and her father want to wait for Mack at Plastun Bay?
(a) They feel he has betrayed them.
(b) They may need to betray him to escape.
(c) It is dangerous for him to come back.
(d) He is bad news.
5. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
(a) His brother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His son.
6. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
(a) They hear gunshots.
(b) Mack should have already arrived.
(c) An official car stops at their cabin.
(d) They hear a warrant has been put out for their arrest.
7. What does Alekhin do before he tries to find Mack?
(a) Refreshes his mind.
(b) Prays to God.
(c) Hires more men.
(d) Studies his habits.
8. Why is Mack unable to hunt as often as he would like in Chapter 36?
(a) There are fewer animals.
(b) He has injured his leg.
(c) He has lost his bow.
(d) The soldiers are too close.
9. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
(a) He hates confined spaces.
(b) He has always wanted to go to America.
(c) He refuses to leave his daughter.
(d) He has spent too long in hiding.
10. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
11. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 24 for clothing and meat?
(a) A horse.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A reindeer.
(d) A bear.
12. Where does Mack land the helicopter?
(a) An army base.
(d) The taiga.
13. What does the official offer to do for Natalya and her father?
(a) Help them get out of the country.
(b) Make sure they never have to worry about money.
(c) Give them immunity.
(d) Give Mack immunity.
14. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
(a) Tortures him.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Cut off his finger.
(d) Ties him up.
15. Which character has spent his or her's entire life in hiding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character dies in this section?
2. Where does Mack hide in Chapter 29?
3. How does Alekhin know Mac killed the man?
4. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
5. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)