|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man helping Natalya and Zhikarev across the border?
2. What does Mack see looking for him from his hiding spot in the valley?
3. Which of the following two characters helps Mack to rescue Yakov?
(a) Zamatev and Alekhin.
(b) Natayla and Kyra.
(c) Botev and Borowsky.
(d) Peshkov and Baraonas.
4. What is the name of the man in charge of the town in Chapter 26?
5. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
(a) Buried treasure.
(b) Mack's bow and arrows.
(c) Mack's hideout.
(d) His suitcase of gold.
6. What does Mack think will happen if he is unable to get far enough away from the soldiers?
(a) He will get to a part of the taiga where he will have nowhere to hide.
(b) He will reach the city and be arrested.
(c) He will get to to a part of the taiga the soldiers know vey well.
(d) He will run out of food.
7. Where does Kyra say she can go to get more help?
(d) St. Petersburg.
8. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
(d) St. Petersburg.
9. How does the soldier who falls off the rock trap Mack set hurt himself?
(a) He breaks his back.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He fractures his foot.
(d) He fractures his skull.
10. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
(a) His brother.
(b) His son.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His cousin.
11. Whose loyalty does Zamatev begin to question in this section?
12. Why does Botev pretend to be interested in finding Mack?
(a) To earn some money.
(b) To get information on Yakov.
(c) To find more about what Ostap is doing.
(d) To keep the trackers away from Mack's path.
13. Who takes Zhikarev to the Chinese border in this section?
(a) An official.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) A truck driver.
14. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Tortures him.
(c) Ties him up.
(d) Cut off his finger.
15. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
(a) Pieces of tree bark.
(b) Elk hooves.
(d) Horse hooves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
2. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
3. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
4. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
5. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)