|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
(a) He tells them they will get a good position in society.
(b) He tells them they wil be given good houses.
(c) He tells them they will be paid alot of money.
(d) He tells them they will be allowed to travel freely.
2. Which of Kyra's relatives are arrested in this section?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her uncle.
3. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
(a) He releases rats.
(b) He creates a avalanche.
(c) He fires a rain of arrows.
(d) He pushes a boulder towards them.
4. What is the name of the official who pulls up outside the Baronas' cabin?
5. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
(a) Natayla's house.
(b) The helicopter crash site.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The woods.
6. Who does Mack kill at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) A village chief.
(b) A helicopter pilot.
(c) A mayor.
(d) A car driver.
7. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
(a) Her brother-in-law.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her cousin.
8. What kind of transport does Mack steal after freeing Yakov?
(a) A plane.
(b) A truck.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A motorcycle.
9. What does Yakov tell Natalya about Bocharev?
(a) He has his own motives for helping.
(b) He killed his own son.
(c) She can trust him.
(d) He is evil.
10. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
(a) Mack's bow and arrows.
(b) Mack's hideout.
(c) Buried treasure.
(d) His suitcase of gold.
11. What does Mack think will happen if he is unable to get far enough away from the soldiers?
(a) He will get to to a part of the taiga the soldiers know vey well.
(b) He will get to a part of the taiga where he will have nowhere to hide.
(c) He will reach the city and be arrested.
(d) He will run out of food.
12. What is Ruskovsky's rank?
13. What is the name of the man helping Natalya and Zhikarev across the border?
14. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
(b) A tent.
15. Which of the following two characters helps Mack to rescue Yakov?
(a) Natayla and Kyra.
(b) Botev and Borowsky.
(c) Zamatev and Alekhin.
(d) Peshkov and Baraonas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Zhikarev to the Chinese border in this section?
2. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 34?
3. Who is holding a meeting at the beginning of Chapter 35?
4. How does Mack cause the avalanche?
5. Why does Mack make sure the helicopter pilot doesn't die?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)