|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mack constantly thinking about as he battles the cold?
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
2. Why do Natalya and Baronas decide they can trust Bocharev?
(a) He is in tears over his son's death.
(b) His son was a good man.
(c) If he wanted to arrested to arrest them he would have done it.
(d) They know he has a good reputation among the villagers.
3. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
(a) He can help Mack get back to America.
(b) He was the first person to help him.
(c) He helped Natalya.
(d) He owes him money.
4. What is the first thing Mack does to slow the soldiers down?
(a) Lights a grass fire.
(b) Leads them into a lion's den.
(c) Throws rocks at them.
(d) Cuts trees down.
5. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
(a) He tells them they will be allowed to travel freely.
(b) He tells them they wil be given good houses.
(c) He tells them they will be paid alot of money.
(d) He tells them they will get a good position in society.
6. How do the men know that Mack passed through their camp?
(a) Someone saw him.
(b) He dropped his wallet.
(c) They find his tracks.
(d) He dropped an arrow.
7. Which character has spent his or her's entire life in hiding?
8. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
(a) Cut off his finger.
(b) Ties him up.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Tortures him.
9. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mistress.
10. What does the official offer to do for Natalya and her father?
(a) Make sure they never have to worry about money.
(b) Give them immunity.
(c) Help them get out of the country.
(d) Give Mack immunity.
11. What item of Mack's did Alekhin find at the helicopter crash?
(a) His hair band.
(b) His arrows.
(c) His moccasins.
(d) His bow.
12. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
(a) Three's a crowd.
(b) They don't have the time to wait.
(c) They can't trust Bocharev.
(d) They can't pay Bocharev.
13. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
(a) He creates a avalanche.
(b) He pushes a boulder towards them.
(c) He releases rats.
(d) He fires a rain of arrows.
14. Whose loyalty does Zamatev begin to question in this section?
15. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
(a) Her brother-in-law.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
2. Why does Yakov think Baronas will not be much use to his daughter?
3. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
4. Which character dies in this section?
5. How does Natalya try to warm up her father?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)