|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
(a) Cut off his finger.
(b) Tortures him.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Ties him up.
2. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
(a) A tent.
3. Who does Alekhin think Mack plans to kill?
(a) Natalya and Yakov.
(b) Kyra and Zamatev.
(c) Himself and Zamatev.
(d) Botev and Borowsky.
4. Where does Kyra say she can go to get more help?
(b) St. Petersburg.
5. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 34?
(a) A reindeer.
(b) A ewe.
(c) A bear.
(d) A mountain goat.
6. How does Mack cause the avalanche?
(a) He throws loose rocks down from a ledge.
(b) He shoots at the mountainside.
(c) He causes an animal trampede.
(d) He hits the mountainside with a club.
7. What is the first thing Mack does to slow the soldiers down?
(a) Throws rocks at them.
(b) Lights a grass fire.
(c) Cuts trees down.
(d) Leads them into a lion's den.
8. Why does Yakov think Baronas will not be much use to his daughter?
(a) He can't run fast.
(b) He is too ill.
(c) He is too loud.
(d) He is too used to comfort.
9. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
(c) St. Petersburg.
10. How does the soldier who falls off the rock trap Mack set hurt himself?
(a) He fractures his skull.
(b) He fractures his foot.
(c) He breaks his back.
(d) He breaks his leg.
11. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
(b) Horse hooves.
(c) Pieces of tree bark.
(d) Elk hooves.
12. How does Peshkov hurt himself in Chapter 33?
(a) A falling rock strikes him on the head.
(b) He steps on an arrow head.
(c) He falls and breaks his back.
(d) He walks through glass.
13. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His brother.
(d) His son.
14. What is the name of the official who pulls up outside the Baronas' cabin?
15. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
(a) He is a challenge.
(b) He is easy work.
(c) The longer it takes the more money he earns.
(d) The longer it takes the longer he can torture him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
2. Which of the following two characters helps Mack to rescue Yakov?
3. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
4. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
5. Who will Natalya talk to about Mack when she arrives in America?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)