|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
(a) Her brother-in-law.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brother.
2. How does Mack cause the avalanche?
(a) He causes an animal trampede.
(b) He throws loose rocks down from a ledge.
(c) He hits the mountainside with a club.
(d) He shoots at the mountainside.
3. How does Natalya try to warm up her father?
(a) She gives him her clothes.
(b) She makes him a sheep skin jacket.
(c) She makes a camp.
(d) She makes a fire.
4. What does the official offer to do for Natalya and her father?
(a) Give Mack immunity.
(b) Give them immunity.
(c) Make sure they never have to worry about money.
(d) Help them get out of the country.
5. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
(a) St. Petersburg.
6. Why does Mack make sure the helicopter pilot doesn't die?
(a) He is helpful.
(b) He offers Mack his help.
(c) He has a family.
(d) He is only doing his job.
7. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His son.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His brother.
8. Why does Botev pretend to be interested in finding Mack?
(a) To keep the trackers away from Mack's path.
(b) To earn some money.
(c) To get information on Yakov.
(d) To find more about what Ostap is doing.
9. Who does Zhikarev stop for on the way to the Chinese border?
10. What does Yakov tell Natalya about Bocharev?
(a) He is evil.
(b) He killed his own son.
(c) She can trust him.
(d) He has his own motives for helping.
11. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
(a) Elk hooves.
(b) Pieces of tree bark.
(c) Horse hooves.
12. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
(a) He cuts his hair.
(b) He covers his tracks.
(c) He leave cryptic clues.
(d) He changes direction constantly.
13. Which character has spent his or her's entire life in hiding?
14. What is the name of the man helping Natalya and Zhikarev across the border?
15. Who is Mack constantly thinking about as he battles the cold?
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bocharev want to help Natalya and her father?
2. Who takes Zhikarev to the Chinese border in this section?
3. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
4. What kind of transport does Mack steal after freeing Yakov?
5. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)