|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
(a) The Soviets will use her to capture Mack.
(b) She no longer loves Mack.
(c) Bocharev is known as a torturer.
(d) His son was not the nice person he thinks.
2. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
(a) He can help Mack get back to America.
(b) He owes him money.
(c) He was the first person to help him.
(d) He helped Natalya.
3. How does Natalya try to warm up her father?
(a) She makes a fire.
(b) She makes a camp.
(c) She makes him a sheep skin jacket.
(d) She gives him her clothes.
4. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
(a) He tells them they will be paid alot of money.
(b) He tells them they will get a good position in society.
(c) He tells them they wil be given good houses.
(d) He tells them they will be allowed to travel freely.
5. Who does Zhikarev stop for on the way to the Chinese border?
6. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
(b) A tent.
7. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
(a) He will be better at dealing with the trackers.
(b) He can speak English.
(c) He is very trustworthy.
(d) He is the best tracker in Russia.
8. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
(a) Give her money.
(b) Give her his car.
(c) Talk to an official.
(d) Help her find Mack.
9. What does Mack decides he needs to stay to survive?
(a) A village.
(b) A city.
(c) The taiga.
(d) A cave.
10. How does Mack cause the avalanche?
(a) He throws loose rocks down from a ledge.
(b) He shoots at the mountainside.
(c) He causes an animal trampede.
(d) He hits the mountainside with a club.
11. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
(a) They hear a warrant has been put out for their arrest.
(b) Mack should have already arrived.
(c) They hear gunshots.
(d) An official car stops at their cabin.
12. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 34?
(a) A ewe.
(b) A reindeer.
(c) A bear.
(d) A mountain goat.
13. What is the name of the official who pulls up outside the Baronas' cabin?
14. Why is Zamatev worried about Mac in this section?
(a) That he is a psychotic.
(b) That he will kill Mack.
(c) That he does not have the ability to catch Mack.
(d) That he will befriend Mack.
15. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
(a) He has spent too long in hiding.
(b) He has always wanted to go to America.
(c) He refuses to leave his daughter.
(d) He hates confined spaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bocharev want to help Natalya and her father?
2. Why is Mack unable to hunt as often as he would like in Chapter 36?
3. Who takes Zhikarev to the Chinese border in this section?
4. What does Alekhin do before he tries to find Mack?
5. What does Mack take from the three men he ties up at the camp?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)