|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has spent his or her's entire life in hiding?
2. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
(a) His son was not the nice person he thinks.
(b) The Soviets will use her to capture Mack.
(c) Bocharev is known as a torturer.
(d) She no longer loves Mack.
3. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
(a) He releases rats.
(b) He creates a avalanche.
(c) He pushes a boulder towards them.
(d) He fires a rain of arrows.
4. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
5. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
(a) Mack's hideout.
(b) His suitcase of gold.
(c) Buried treasure.
(d) Mack's bow and arrows.
6. How does Mack cause the avalanche?
(a) He causes an animal trampede.
(b) He hits the mountainside with a club.
(c) He throws loose rocks down from a ledge.
(d) He shoots at the mountainside.
7. What does Alekhin do before he tries to find Mack?
(a) Hires more men.
(b) Prays to God.
(c) Refreshes his mind.
(d) Studies his habits.
8. Who does Mack kill at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) A car driver.
(b) A helicopter pilot.
(c) A mayor.
(d) A village chief.
9. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her brother-in-law.
(d) Her cousin.
10. What interests Ostap about the job?
(a) The chance for promotion.
(b) The chance to talk English.
(c) The money.
(d) The manhunt.
11. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
(a) He is the best tracker in Russia.
(b) He can speak English.
(c) He will be better at dealing with the trackers.
(d) He is very trustworthy.
12. What does Mack think will happen if he is unable to get far enough away from the soldiers?
(a) He will run out of food.
(b) He will get to a part of the taiga where he will have nowhere to hide.
(c) He will get to to a part of the taiga the soldiers know vey well.
(d) He will reach the city and be arrested.
13. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 34?
(a) A mountain goat.
(b) A reindeer.
(c) A ewe.
(d) A bear.
14. Who will Natalya talk to about Mack when she arrives in America?
(a) The media.
(b) The army.
(c) The President.
(d) The Air Force.
15. Which of Kyra's relatives are arrested in this section?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
2. What does the helicopter pilot say is his mission?
3. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
4. Where does Kyra say she can go to get more help?
5. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)