|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Mack does to slow the soldiers down?
(a) Throws rocks at them.
(b) Cuts trees down.
(c) Leads them into a lion's den.
(d) Lights a grass fire.
2. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
(a) He tells them they will be allowed to travel freely.
(b) He tells them they will get a good position in society.
(c) He tells them they wil be given good houses.
(d) He tells them they will be paid alot of money.
3. What is Ruskovsky's rank?
4. Where does Kyra say she can go to get more help?
(b) St. Petersburg.
5. What kind of transport does Mack steal after freeing Yakov?
(a) A truck.
(b) A plane.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A motorcycle.
6. What does Mack see looking for him from his hiding spot in the valley?
7. Why is Mack unable to hunt as often as he would like in Chapter 36?
(a) He has lost his bow.
(b) The soldiers are too close.
(c) He has injured his leg.
(d) There are fewer animals.
8. Why does Bocharev want to help Natalya and her father?
(a) He knows Natalya's mother.
(b) They are innocent.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) They helped his son.
9. How does the soldier who falls off the rock trap Mack set hurt himself?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He fractures his skull.
(c) He fractures his foot.
(d) He breaks his back.
10. How does Mack cause the avalanche?
(a) He causes an animal trampede.
(b) He shoots at the mountainside.
(c) He throws loose rocks down from a ledge.
(d) He hits the mountainside with a club.
11. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
12. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
(a) The Soviets will use her to capture Mack.
(b) She no longer loves Mack.
(c) Bocharev is known as a torturer.
(d) His son was not the nice person he thinks.
13. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 24 for clothing and meat?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A horse.
(c) A reindeer.
(d) A bear.
14. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
15. What item of Mack's did Alekhin find at the helicopter crash?
(a) His bow.
(b) His arrows.
(c) His hair band.
(d) His moccasins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
2. Which of the following two characters helps Mack to rescue Yakov?
3. Who takes Zhikarev to the Chinese border in this section?
4. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
5. Who does Mack kill at the beginning of Chapter 26?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)