|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man helping Natalya and Zhikarev across the border?
2. What does the helicopter pilot say is his mission?
(a) He is looking for Kyra.
(b) He is looking for Mack.
(c) He has to transport Yakov.
(d) He is transporting food to the trackers.
3. Where does Mack land the helicopter?
(c) The taiga.
(d) An army base.
4. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
(a) Mack's hideout.
(b) Mack's bow and arrows.
(c) His suitcase of gold.
(d) Buried treasure.
5. What is Ruskovsky's rank?
6. Why is Zamatev worried about Mac in this section?
(a) That he will kill Mack.
(b) That he is a psychotic.
(c) That he will befriend Mack.
(d) That he does not have the ability to catch Mack.
7. Who does Zhikarev stop for on the way to the Chinese border?
8. What does Yakov tell Natalya about Bocharev?
(a) She can trust him.
(b) He killed his own son.
(c) He has his own motives for helping.
(d) He is evil.
9. What is the first thing Mack does to slow the soldiers down?
(a) Throws rocks at them.
(b) Leads them into a lion's den.
(c) Lights a grass fire.
(d) Cuts trees down.
10. What kind of transport does Mack steal after freeing Yakov?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A plane.
(c) A truck.
(d) A helicopter.
11. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
(a) The helicopter crash site.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The woods.
(d) Natayla's house.
12. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother-in-law.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her brother.
13. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
(a) Three's a crowd.
(b) They can't trust Bocharev.
(c) They can't pay Bocharev.
(d) They don't have the time to wait.
14. Who is holding a meeting at the beginning of Chapter 35?
15. Where does Mack hide in Chapter 29?
(a) A cave.
(b) A burrow.
(c) A tree trunk.
(d) Tall grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
2. Who will Natalya talk to about Mack when she arrives in America?
3. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
4. Who does Alekhin think Mack plans to kill?
5. Why is Mack unable to hunt as often as he would like in Chapter 36?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)