|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
(a) Three's a crowd.
(b) They can't trust Bocharev.
(c) They don't have the time to wait.
(d) They can't pay Bocharev.
2. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
(a) He owes him money.
(b) He helped Natalya.
(c) He was the first person to help him.
(d) He can help Mack get back to America.
3. What is the name of the man in charge of the town in Chapter 26?
4. How does Peshkov hurt himself in Chapter 33?
(a) A falling rock strikes him on the head.
(b) He steps on an arrow head.
(c) He falls and breaks his back.
(d) He walks through glass.
5. Who is holding a meeting at the beginning of Chapter 35?
6. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 34?
(a) A ewe.
(b) A bear.
(c) A mountain goat.
(d) A reindeer.
7. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
(a) He is very trustworthy.
(b) He will be better at dealing with the trackers.
(c) He can speak English.
(d) He is the best tracker in Russia.
8. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
(a) He tells them they will be allowed to travel freely.
(b) He tells them they will get a good position in society.
(c) He tells them they wil be given good houses.
(d) He tells them they will be paid alot of money.
9. What kind of transport does Mack steal after freeing Yakov?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A truck.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A plane.
10. Where does Mack think he should hide during the winter?
(a) A forest.
(b) The mountains.
(c) A city.
(d) A village.
11. Why does Bocharev want to help Natalya and her father?
(a) They are innocent.
(b) He needs the money.
(c) He knows Natalya's mother.
(d) They helped his son.
12. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 24 for clothing and meat?
(a) A reindeer.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A bear.
(d) A horse.
13. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
14. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
(a) Give her money.
(b) Talk to an official.
(c) Give her his car.
(d) Help her find Mack.
15. How does the soldier who falls off the rock trap Mack set hurt himself?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He fractures his skull.
(c) He fractures his foot.
(d) He breaks his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
2. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
3. Whose loyalty does Zamatev begin to question in this section?
4. How does Mack cause the avalanche?
5. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)