|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kyra say she can go to get more help?
(b) St. Petersburg.
2. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
(a) His brother.
(b) His son.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His cousin.
3. Why does Bocharev want to help Natalya and her father?
(a) They helped his son.
(b) He knows Natalya's mother.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) They are innocent.
4. How do the men know that Mack passed through their camp?
(a) They find his tracks.
(b) Someone saw him.
(c) He dropped his wallet.
(d) He dropped an arrow.
5. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
(a) Pieces of tree bark.
(c) Horse hooves.
(d) Elk hooves.
6. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 34?
(a) A reindeer.
(b) A ewe.
(c) A mountain goat.
(d) A bear.
7. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
(a) They hear a warrant has been put out for their arrest.
(b) An official car stops at their cabin.
(c) They hear gunshots.
(d) Mack should have already arrived.
8. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
9. Who is Mack constantly thinking about as he battles the cold?
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
10. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
(a) Mack's bow and arrows.
(b) His suitcase of gold.
(c) Buried treasure.
(d) Mack's hideout.
11. What is the name of the man in charge of the town in Chapter 26?
12. What does the helicopter pilot say is his mission?
(a) He is looking for Kyra.
(b) He has to transport Yakov.
(c) He is looking for Mack.
(d) He is transporting food to the trackers.
13. What does Alekhin do before he tries to find Mack?
(a) Hires more men.
(b) Studies his habits.
(c) Prays to God.
(d) Refreshes his mind.
14. Where does Mack hide in Chapter 29?
(a) A burrow.
(b) Tall grass.
(c) A tree trunk.
(d) A cave.
15. Why do Natalya and Baronas decide they can trust Bocharev?
(a) His son was a good man.
(b) If he wanted to arrested to arrest them he would have done it.
(c) They know he has a good reputation among the villagers.
(d) He is in tears over his son's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is holding a meeting at the beginning of Chapter 35?
2. Which of Kyra's relatives are arrested in this section?
3. What does Yakov tell Natalya about Bocharev?
4. What is the name of the man helping Natalya and Zhikarev across the border?
5. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)