|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
(a) He is very trustworthy.
(b) He will be better at dealing with the trackers.
(c) He is the best tracker in Russia.
(d) He can speak English.
2. Why do Natalya and Baronas decide they can trust Bocharev?
(a) He is in tears over his son's death.
(b) His son was a good man.
(c) They know he has a good reputation among the villagers.
(d) If he wanted to arrested to arrest them he would have done it.
3. What interests Ostap about the job?
(a) The manhunt.
(b) The chance to talk English.
(c) The money.
(d) The chance for promotion.
4. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
(a) The mountains.
(b) Natayla's house.
(c) The helicopter crash site.
(d) The woods.
5. What does the official offer to do for Natalya and her father?
(a) Help them get out of the country.
(b) Make sure they never have to worry about money.
(c) Give Mack immunity.
(d) Give them immunity.
6. What item of Mack's did Alekhin find at the helicopter crash?
(a) His bow.
(b) His moccasins.
(c) His arrows.
(d) His hair band.
7. What is Ruskovsky's rank?
8. Who tries to warn the men of the avalanche?
9. Which character has spent his or her's entire life in hiding?
10. Who is Mack constantly thinking about as he battles the cold?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
11. Whose loyalty does Zamatev begin to question in this section?
12. Who takes Zhikarev to the Chinese border in this section?
(a) An official.
(b) A taxi driver.
(c) A truck driver.
(d) A soldier.
13. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
(a) He has always wanted to go to America.
(b) He has spent too long in hiding.
(c) He refuses to leave his daughter.
(d) He hates confined spaces.
14. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
(a) He is easy work.
(b) The longer it takes the longer he can torture him.
(c) He is a challenge.
(d) The longer it takes the more money he earns.
15. What is the first thing Mack does to slow the soldiers down?
(a) Leads them into a lion's den.
(b) Cuts trees down.
(c) Lights a grass fire.
(d) Throws rocks at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bocharev want to help Natalya and her father?
2. Where does Kyra say she can go to get more help?
3. Why does Mack make sure the helicopter pilot doesn't die?
4. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 24 for clothing and meat?
5. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)