|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
(a) They can't pay Bocharev.
(b) Three's a crowd.
(c) They can't trust Bocharev.
(d) They don't have the time to wait.
2. Why does Mack make sure the helicopter pilot doesn't die?
(a) He has a family.
(b) He is helpful.
(c) He is only doing his job.
(d) He offers Mack his help.
3. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
(a) Give her his car.
(b) Help her find Mack.
(c) Talk to an official.
(d) Give her money.
4. Where does Kyra say she can go to get more help?
(c) St. Petersburg.
5. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 34?
(a) A bear.
(b) A reindeer.
(c) A mountain goat.
(d) A ewe.
6. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
7. What item of Mack's did Alekhin find at the helicopter crash?
(a) His arrows.
(b) His hair band.
(c) His moccasins.
(d) His bow.
8. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
(a) He tells them they wil be given good houses.
(b) He tells them they will be paid alot of money.
(c) He tells them they will get a good position in society.
(d) He tells them they will be allowed to travel freely.
9. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
(a) Elk hooves.
(b) Horse hooves.
(c) Pieces of tree bark.
10. What does Yakov tell Natalya about Bocharev?
(a) He has his own motives for helping.
(b) He is evil.
(c) He killed his own son.
(d) She can trust him.
11. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
(a) Mack should have already arrived.
(b) An official car stops at their cabin.
(c) They hear gunshots.
(d) They hear a warrant has been put out for their arrest.
12. Who will Natalya talk to about Mack when she arrives in America?
(a) The army.
(b) The media.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The President.
13. What does Mack take from the three men he ties up at the camp?
(a) Their clothes.
(b) Their weapns.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their cigarettes.
14. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
(a) St. Petersburg.
15. Who does Natalya meet in the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mack unable to hunt as often as he would like in Chapter 36?
2. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
3. Which character dies in this section?
4. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
5. Where does Mack land the helicopter?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)