|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alekhin do before he tries to find Mack?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Refreshes his mind.
(c) Hires more men.
(d) Studies his habits.
2. Who will Natalya talk to about Mack when she arrives in America?
(a) The President.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The media.
(d) The army.
3. Who does Mack kill at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) A car driver.
(b) A helicopter pilot.
(c) A mayor.
(d) A village chief.
4. Where does Kyra say she can go to get more help?
(c) St. Petersburg.
5. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
(a) He tells them they will be paid alot of money.
(b) He tells them they wil be given good houses.
(c) He tells them they will be allowed to travel freely.
(d) He tells them they will get a good position in society.
6. Which character has spent his or her's entire life in hiding?
7. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
8. What is the name of the official who pulls up outside the Baronas' cabin?
9. Why is Zamatev worried about Mac in this section?
(a) That he does not have the ability to catch Mack.
(b) That he will kill Mack.
(c) That he will befriend Mack.
(d) That he is a psychotic.
10. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
(a) He has spent too long in hiding.
(b) He hates confined spaces.
(c) He has always wanted to go to America.
(d) He refuses to leave his daughter.
11. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
(a) Tortures him.
(b) Ties him up.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Cut off his finger.
12. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
(a) Mack should have already arrived.
(b) They hear gunshots.
(c) They hear a warrant has been put out for their arrest.
(d) An official car stops at their cabin.
13. How does the soldier who falls off the rock trap Mack set hurt himself?
(a) He fractures his skull.
(b) He breaks his back.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) He fractures his foot.
14. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
(a) He pushes a boulder towards them.
(b) He releases rats.
(c) He fires a rain of arrows.
(d) He creates a avalanche.
15. Who tries to warn the men of the avalanche?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack decides he needs to stay to survive?
2. Where does Mack hide in Chapter 29?
3. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
4. Why does Yakov think Baronas will not be much use to his daughter?
5. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)