|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mack hide in Chapter 29?
(a) Tall grass.
(b) A burrow.
(c) A cave.
(d) A tree trunk.
2. Why does Bocharev want to help Natalya and her father?
(a) They helped his son.
(b) They are innocent.
(c) He knows Natalya's mother.
(d) He needs the money.
3. Where does Mack think he should hide during the winter?
(a) A forest.
(b) A city.
(c) The mountains.
(d) A village.
4. What does Mack see looking for him from his hiding spot in the valley?
5. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
(a) Bocharev is known as a torturer.
(b) The Soviets will use her to capture Mack.
(c) His son was not the nice person he thinks.
(d) She no longer loves Mack.
6. What does Mack decides he needs to stay to survive?
(a) The taiga.
(b) A cave.
(c) A village.
(d) A city.
7. What does Yakov tell Natalya about Bocharev?
(a) He is evil.
(b) He has his own motives for helping.
(c) He killed his own son.
(d) She can trust him.
8. How does Peshkov hurt himself in Chapter 33?
(a) He falls and breaks his back.
(b) He walks through glass.
(c) He steps on an arrow head.
(d) A falling rock strikes him on the head.
9. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
(c) A tent.
10. What is the first thing Mack does to slow the soldiers down?
(a) Throws rocks at them.
(b) Cuts trees down.
(c) Lights a grass fire.
(d) Leads them into a lion's den.
11. Why does Botev pretend to be interested in finding Mack?
(a) To get information on Yakov.
(b) To keep the trackers away from Mack's path.
(c) To earn some money.
(d) To find more about what Ostap is doing.
12. Why do Natalya and Baronas decide they can trust Bocharev?
(a) He is in tears over his son's death.
(b) They know he has a good reputation among the villagers.
(c) His son was a good man.
(d) If he wanted to arrested to arrest them he would have done it.
13. Who does Mack kill at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) A helicopter pilot.
(b) A mayor.
(c) A village chief.
(d) A car driver.
14. Who is holding a meeting at the beginning of Chapter 35?
15. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
(a) His suitcase of gold.
(b) Mack's hideout.
(c) Buried treasure.
(d) Mack's bow and arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
2. How does Natalya try to warm up her father?
3. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
4. What interests Ostap about the job?
5. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)