|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Zamatev worried about Mac in this section?
(a) That he will kill Mack.
(b) That he will befriend Mack.
(c) That he is a psychotic.
(d) That he does not have the ability to catch Mack.
2. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
(a) He can help Mack get back to America.
(b) He was the first person to help him.
(c) He owes him money.
(d) He helped Natalya.
3. Which of the following two characters helps Mack to rescue Yakov?
(a) Zamatev and Alekhin.
(b) Peshkov and Baraonas.
(c) Natayla and Kyra.
(d) Botev and Borowsky.
4. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
5. What is the first thing Mack does to slow the soldiers down?
(a) Throws rocks at them.
(b) Leads them into a lion's den.
(c) Lights a grass fire.
(d) Cuts trees down.
6. What is Ruskovsky's rank?
7. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
(a) Ties him up.
(b) Cut off his finger.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Tortures him.
8. Who tries to warn the men of the avalanche?
9. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
(a) He fires a rain of arrows.
(b) He creates a avalanche.
(c) He releases rats.
(d) He pushes a boulder towards them.
10. Which character dies in this section?
11. What does Mack see looking for him from his hiding spot in the valley?
12. Who does Alekhin think Mack plans to kill?
(a) Himself and Zamatev.
(b) Natalya and Yakov.
(c) Botev and Borowsky.
(d) Kyra and Zamatev.
13. How does Peshkov hurt himself in Chapter 33?
(a) He steps on an arrow head.
(b) He walks through glass.
(c) He falls and breaks his back.
(d) A falling rock strikes him on the head.
14. Who does Natalya meet in the city?
15. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His brother.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the official who pulls up outside the Baronas' cabin?
2. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
3. Why don't Natalya and her father want to wait for Mack at Plastun Bay?
4. Where does Kyra say she can go to get more help?
5. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)