|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mack kill at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) A helicopter pilot.
(b) A village chief.
(c) A car driver.
(d) A mayor.
2. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
(a) Her brother-in-law.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brother.
3. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
(a) The longer it takes the more money he earns.
(b) He is easy work.
(c) The longer it takes the longer he can torture him.
(d) He is a challenge.
4. How do the men know that Mack passed through their camp?
(a) He dropped an arrow.
(b) They find his tracks.
(c) Someone saw him.
(d) He dropped his wallet.
5. Why does Kyra want Ostap to help her?
(a) He can speak English.
(b) He will be better at dealing with the trackers.
(c) He is the best tracker in Russia.
(d) He is very trustworthy.
6. Why is Mack unable to hunt as often as he would like in Chapter 36?
(a) He has injured his leg.
(b) He has lost his bow.
(c) There are fewer animals.
(d) The soldiers are too close.
7. What is the name of the official who pulls up outside the Baronas' cabin?
8. Where does Mack hide in Chapter 29?
(a) A burrow.
(b) A cave.
(c) A tree trunk.
(d) Tall grass.
9. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
(a) Cut off his finger.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Tortures him.
(d) Ties him up.
10. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
(b) Pieces of tree bark.
(c) Elk hooves.
(d) Horse hooves.
11. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
12. Why does Mack make sure the helicopter pilot doesn't die?
(a) He has a family.
(b) He is helpful.
(c) He offers Mack his help.
(d) He is only doing his job.
13. Which of the following is a reason why Natalya does not want to wait for Bocharev?
(a) The Soviets will use her to capture Mack.
(b) She no longer loves Mack.
(c) Bocharev is known as a torturer.
(d) His son was not the nice person he thinks.
14. Why don't Natalya and her father want to wait for Mack at Plastun Bay?
(a) They may need to betray him to escape.
(b) He is bad news.
(c) It is dangerous for him to come back.
(d) They feel he has betrayed them.
15. Why does Bocharev want to help Natalya and her father?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) They are innocent.
(c) They helped his son.
(d) He knows Natalya's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mack constantly thinking about as he battles the cold?
2. What is the name of the man helping Natalya and Zhikarev across the border?
3. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
4. Which character dies in this section?
5. Why is Zamatev worried about Mac in this section?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)