|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack decides he needs to stay to survive?
(a) A village.
(b) A city.
(c) The taiga.
(d) A cave.
2. What does Yakov tell Natalya about Bocharev?
(a) He killed his own son.
(b) She can trust him.
(c) He is evil.
(d) He has his own motives for helping.
3. Who tries to warn the men of the avalanche?
4. What does Alekhin do before he tries to find Mack?
(a) Hires more men.
(b) Studies his habits.
(c) Refreshes his mind.
(d) Prays to God.
5. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
(a) The helicopter crash site.
(b) Natayla's house.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The woods.
6. Who does Zhikarev stop for on the way to the Chinese border?
7. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
(a) An official car stops at their cabin.
(b) They hear a warrant has been put out for their arrest.
(c) They hear gunshots.
(d) Mack should have already arrived.
8. What is the first thing Mack does to slow the soldiers down?
(a) Throws rocks at them.
(b) Cuts trees down.
(c) Leads them into a lion's den.
(d) Lights a grass fire.
9. Why do Natalya and Baronas decide they can trust Bocharev?
(a) He is in tears over his son's death.
(b) If he wanted to arrested to arrest them he would have done it.
(c) His son was a good man.
(d) They know he has a good reputation among the villagers.
10. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
11. Where does Kyra say she can go to get more help?
(d) St. Petersburg.
12. Who is Mack constantly thinking about as he battles the cold?
(a) His mother.
(d) His sister.
13. Why does Botev pretend to be interested in finding Mack?
(a) To get information on Yakov.
(b) To keep the trackers away from Mack's path.
(c) To find more about what Ostap is doing.
(d) To earn some money.
14. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 34?
(a) A bear.
(b) A mountain goat.
(c) A reindeer.
(d) A ewe.
15. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
(a) He creates a avalanche.
(b) He releases rats.
(c) He pushes a boulder towards them.
(d) He fires a rain of arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the helicopter pilot say is his mission?
2. How do the men know that Mack passed through their camp?
3. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
4. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
5. Why is Zamatev worried about Mac in this section?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)