|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yakov think Baronas will not be much use to his daughter?
(a) He is too ill.
(b) He is too loud.
(c) He is too used to comfort.
(d) He can't run fast.
2. Who is Mack constantly thinking about as he battles the cold?
(b) His mother.
(d) His sister.
3. Why does Mack make sure the helicopter pilot doesn't die?
(a) He is helpful.
(b) He is only doing his job.
(c) He offers Mack his help.
(d) He has a family.
4. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her brother-in-law.
(d) Her son.
5. What is Ruskovsky's rank?
6. Who does Mack kill at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) A helicopter pilot.
(b) A car driver.
(c) A mayor.
(d) A village chief.
7. What kind of transport does Mack steal after freeing Yakov?
(a) A plane.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A truck.
8. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
(a) He cuts his hair.
(b) He leave cryptic clues.
(c) He covers his tracks.
(d) He changes direction constantly.
9. Who does Natalya meet in the city?
10. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
(a) He owes him money.
(b) He helped Natalya.
(c) He was the first person to help him.
(d) He can help Mack get back to America.
11. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
(a) He fires a rain of arrows.
(b) He releases rats.
(c) He creates a avalanche.
(d) He pushes a boulder towards them.
12. Whose loyalty does Zamatev begin to question in this section?
13. How do the men know that Mack passed through their camp?
(a) He dropped his wallet.
(b) They find his tracks.
(c) Someone saw him.
(d) He dropped an arrow.
14. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
15. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
(a) Give her his car.
(b) Talk to an official.
(c) Give her money.
(d) Help her find Mack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character dies in this section?
2. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
3. What does Mack take from the three men he ties up at the camp?
4. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
5. What kind of animal does Mack kill in Chapter 34?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)