|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
(a) Ties him up.
(b) Tortures him.
(c) Cut off his finger.
(d) Kills him.
2. How does Mack cause the avalanche?
(a) He hits the mountainside with a club.
(b) He throws loose rocks down from a ledge.
(c) He causes an animal trampede.
(d) He shoots at the mountainside.
3. What does Yakov tell Natalya about Bocharev?
(a) She can trust him.
(b) He has his own motives for helping.
(c) He killed his own son.
(d) He is evil.
4. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
5. What interests Ostap about the job?
(a) The manhunt.
(b) The chance for promotion.
(c) The money.
(d) The chance to talk English.
6. Which character dies in this section?
7. Why is Zamatev worried about Mac in this section?
(a) That he will kill Mack.
(b) That he will befriend Mack.
(c) That he is a psychotic.
(d) That he does not have the ability to catch Mack.
8. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
(a) The helicopter crash site.
(b) Natayla's house.
(c) The woods.
(d) The mountains.
9. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His son.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
10. Why don't Natalya and her father want to wait for Mack at Plastun Bay?
(a) They may need to betray him to escape.
(b) He is bad news.
(c) It is dangerous for him to come back.
(d) They feel he has betrayed them.
11. What kind of transport does Mack steal after freeing Yakov?
(a) A plane.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A truck.
12. Why does Yakov think Baronas will not be much use to his daughter?
(a) He can't run fast.
(b) He is too used to comfort.
(c) He is too ill.
(d) He is too loud.
13. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
(a) He tells them they will get a good position in society.
(b) He tells them they will be paid alot of money.
(c) He tells them they will be allowed to travel freely.
(d) He tells them they wil be given good houses.
14. Why do Natalya and Baronas decide they can trust Bocharev?
(a) They know he has a good reputation among the villagers.
(b) If he wanted to arrested to arrest them he would have done it.
(c) He is in tears over his son's death.
(d) His son was a good man.
15. Which of Kyra's relatives are arrested in this section?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Botev pretend to be interested in finding Mack?
2. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
3. How does the soldier who falls off the rock trap Mack set hurt himself?
4. What item of Mack's did Alekhin find at the helicopter crash?
5. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)