|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interests Ostap about the job?
(a) The chance to talk English.
(b) The manhunt.
(c) The money.
(d) The chance for promotion.
2. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
(a) Pieces of tree bark.
(b) Elk hooves.
(c) Horse hooves.
3. What does Mack see looking for him from his hiding spot in the valley?
4. Who does Zhikarev stop for on the way to the Chinese border?
5. Where does Alekhin decide to track Mack down from?
(a) The woods.
(b) Natayla's house.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The helicopter crash site.
6. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
7. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
(a) He can help Mack get back to America.
(b) He was the first person to help him.
(c) He helped Natalya.
(d) He owes him money.
8. Who takes Zhikarev to the Chinese border in this section?
(a) A truck driver.
(b) A taxi driver.
(c) An official.
(d) A soldier.
9. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
(a) He fires a rain of arrows.
(b) He creates a avalanche.
(c) He releases rats.
(d) He pushes a boulder towards them.
10. Why does Bocharev want to help Natalya and her father?
(a) They helped his son.
(b) He knows Natalya's mother.
(c) They are innocent.
(d) He needs the money.
11. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
(a) He changes direction constantly.
(b) He leave cryptic clues.
(c) He cuts his hair.
(d) He covers his tracks.
12. What does Alekhin do before he tries to find Mack?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Hires more men.
(c) Studies his habits.
(d) Refreshes his mind.
13. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
(a) Talk to an official.
(b) Give her his car.
(c) Give her money.
(d) Help her find Mack.
14. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
(a) He hates confined spaces.
(b) He has spent too long in hiding.
(c) He has always wanted to go to America.
(d) He refuses to leave his daughter.
15. How does the soldier who falls off the rock trap Mack set hurt himself?
(a) He fractures his foot.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He fractures his skull.
(d) He breaks his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
2. Who does Alekhin think Mack plans to kill?
3. How does Peshkov hurt himself in Chapter 33?
4. How does Alekhin know Mac killed the man?
5. Which character dies in this section?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)