|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yakov tell Natalya about Bocharev?
(a) She can trust him.
(b) He is evil.
(c) He killed his own son.
(d) He has his own motives for helping.
2. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
(a) They don't have the time to wait.
(b) They can't pay Bocharev.
(c) Three's a crowd.
(d) They can't trust Bocharev.
3. Where does Mack think he should hide during the winter?
(a) The mountains.
(b) A village.
(c) A forest.
(d) A city.
4. Why is Mack unable to hunt as often as he would like in Chapter 36?
(a) There are fewer animals.
(b) The soldiers are too close.
(c) He has lost his bow.
(d) He has injured his leg.
5. Why does Mack make sure the helicopter pilot doesn't die?
(a) He offers Mack his help.
(b) He is only doing his job.
(c) He is helpful.
(d) He has a family.
6. How do the men know that Mack passed through their camp?
(a) He dropped an arrow.
(b) He dropped his wallet.
(c) Someone saw him.
(d) They find his tracks.
7. Who does Zhikarev stay with when he gets to the Chinese border?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mistress.
8. What is the name of the man in charge of the town in Chapter 26?
9. What interests Ostap about the job?
(a) The manhunt.
(b) The chance for promotion.
(c) The chance to talk English.
(d) The money.
10. Who takes Zamatev to the village to find Mack?
11. Who will Natalya talk to about Mack when she arrives in America?
(a) The President.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The army.
(d) The media.
12. Who tries to warn the men of the avalanche?
13. What item of Mack's did Alekhin find at the helicopter crash?
(a) His moccasins.
(b) His arrows.
(c) His hair band.
(d) His bow.
14. How does Peshkov hurt himself in Chapter 33?
(a) He steps on an arrow head.
(b) A falling rock strikes him on the head.
(c) He falls and breaks his back.
(d) He walks through glass.
15. Why are Natalya and her father so worried at the end of the section?
(a) They hear gunshots.
(b) They hear a warrant has been put out for their arrest.
(c) Mack should have already arrived.
(d) An official car stops at their cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alekhin think Mack plans to kill?
2. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
3. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
4. Whose loyalty does Zamatev begin to question in this section?
5. Which of the following two characters helps Mack to rescue Yakov?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)