|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
(a) They can't pay Bocharev.
(b) They don't have the time to wait.
(c) They can't trust Bocharev.
(d) Three's a crowd.
2. What is the name of the man in charge of the town in Chapter 26?
3. Who do Natalya and her father think they can ask for help?
4. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
(a) He is easy work.
(b) He is a challenge.
(c) The longer it takes the longer he can torture him.
(d) The longer it takes the more money he earns.
5. What is the name of the man helping Natalya and Zhikarev across the border?
6. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
(a) He has always wanted to go to America.
(b) He refuses to leave his daughter.
(c) He has spent too long in hiding.
(d) He hates confined spaces.
7. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
(a) He leave cryptic clues.
(b) He covers his tracks.
(c) He cuts his hair.
(d) He changes direction constantly.
8. How does Ostap convince the men to help him find Mack?
(a) He tells them they will be allowed to travel freely.
(b) He tells them they wil be given good houses.
(c) He tells them they will get a good position in society.
(d) He tells them they will be paid alot of money.
9. Who does Mack kill at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) A village chief.
(b) A helicopter pilot.
(c) A mayor.
(d) A car driver.
10. Why do Natalya and Baronas decide they can trust Bocharev?
(a) He is in tears over his son's death.
(b) They know he has a good reputation among the villagers.
(c) If he wanted to arrested to arrest them he would have done it.
(d) His son was a good man.
11. What is the first thing Mack does to slow the soldiers down?
(a) Cuts trees down.
(b) Leads them into a lion's den.
(c) Throws rocks at them.
(d) Lights a grass fire.
12. Which of the following two characters helps Mack to rescue Yakov?
(a) Natayla and Kyra.
(b) Peshkov and Baraonas.
(c) Botev and Borowsky.
(d) Zamatev and Alekhin.
13. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
(d) St. Petersburg.
14. How does Mack slow down the men following him in Chapter 39?
(a) He creates a avalanche.
(b) He pushes a boulder towards them.
(c) He releases rats.
(d) He fires a rain of arrows.
15. Who is Mack constantly thinking about as he battles the cold?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mack think he should hide during the winter?
2. How do the men know that Mack passed through their camp?
3. Why does Botev pretend to be interested in finding Mack?
4. Why does Mack decide to help Yakov?
5. What kind of transport does Mack steal after freeing Yakov?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)