|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack do to Petrovich before he leaves him?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Cut off his finger.
(c) Ties him up.
(d) Tortures him.
2. How is Ostap related to Kyra?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother-in-law.
(d) Her brother.
3. What item of Mack's did Alekhin find at the helicopter crash?
(a) His moccasins.
(b) His arrows.
(c) His bow.
(d) His hair band.
4. What is the name of the man helping Natalya and Zhikarev across the border?
5. How does Mack try to confuse Alekhin?
(a) He leave cryptic clues.
(b) He cuts his hair.
(c) He covers his tracks.
(d) He changes direction constantly.
6. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
(a) Buried treasure.
(b) His suitcase of gold.
(c) Mack's bow and arrows.
(d) Mack's hideout.
7. Why do Natalya and her father decide to cross the border on their own?
(a) Three's a crowd.
(b) They don't have the time to wait.
(c) They can't pay Bocharev.
(d) They can't trust Bocharev.
8. Why does Alekhin like tracking down Mack?
(a) The longer it takes the more money he earns.
(b) The longer it takes the longer he can torture him.
(c) He is easy work.
(d) He is a challenge.
9. What does Mack wear on his feet to confuse Alekhin and his men?
(a) Horse hooves.
(c) Elk hooves.
(d) Pieces of tree bark.
10. How do the men know that Mack passed through their camp?
(a) They find his tracks.
(b) He dropped an arrow.
(c) Someone saw him.
(d) He dropped his wallet.
11. What does Mack think will happen if he is unable to get far enough away from the soldiers?
(a) He will get to a part of the taiga where he will have nowhere to hide.
(b) He will run out of food.
(c) He will reach the city and be arrested.
(d) He will get to to a part of the taiga the soldiers know vey well.
12. Why does Botev pretend to be interested in finding Mack?
(a) To earn some money.
(b) To get information on Yakov.
(c) To keep the trackers away from Mack's path.
(d) To find more about what Ostap is doing.
13. How does Ostap agree to help Kyra?
(a) Give her his car.
(b) Talk to an official.
(c) Give her money.
(d) Help her find Mack.
14. What does the helicopter pilot say is his mission?
(a) He is looking for Mack.
(b) He is transporting food to the trackers.
(c) He has to transport Yakov.
(d) He is looking for Kyra.
15. What interests Ostap about the job?
(a) The chance for promotion.
(b) The chance to talk English.
(c) The money.
(d) The manhunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has spent his or her's entire life in hiding?
2. Who does Alekhin think Mack plans to kill?
3. What is the first thing Mack does to slow the soldiers down?
4. Whose loyalty does Zamatev begin to question in this section?
5. What does the pilot say is Yakov's current location?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)