|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Yakov say is searching for Mack?
2. How much distance is between the wire fence and the white line?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Six centimeters.
(c) Six meters.
(d) Six inches.
3. Why would Joe be expected to make for the Mongolian border?
(a) They would sell him weapons.
(b) It is the least distance.
(c) It is controlled by the British.
(d) He has family there.
4. What rank does Zamatev want by fifty?
(b) Chief Commander.
(c) Field Marshal.
5. What animal dislikes Joe's smell?
(a) A brown bear.
(b) A wild grouse in the trees.
(c) A salmon in the stream.
(d) A forest deer.
6. How does Joe dry off after his swim?
(a) By standing in the breeze.
(b) By putting on some dry clothes.
(c) Wiping himself with grass.
(d) He rolls around in the forest.
7. Why does the rest of the village want Mack to stay?
(a) He provides them with meat.
(b) He has money.
(c) He is a good builder.
(d) He is a tourist attraction.
8. How does a Sioux prefer to die?
(a) By their own hand.
(b) In battle.
(c) At a ripe old age.
(d) While hunting great beasts.
9. What does Yakov use to wake Joe?
(a) By blowing in his ear.
(b) He pokes with his AK-47.
(c) He throws a pebble.
(d) A loud cough.
10. Why does Joe find it so easy to escape his cell?
(a) Pennington opens the door for him from the outside.
(b) In Idaho he worked as a key maker.
(c) The locks are not complicated.
(d) The lights are out.
11. Why is Zhikarev so worried?
(a) Wulff is normally more reserved.
(b) His cabbage soup is too thin.
(c) The recent batch of furs is poor in quality.
(d) His feet are feeling better.
12. Which region would provide Joe more game?
(a) Yenisei lands to the west.
(b) South to the Amur region.
(c) Along the Lena river in the east.
(d) The northern Ob region.
13. What are Tungus?
(a) Siberian nationals.
(b) Russian police.
(c) Lithuanian royalty.
(d) Reindeer people.
14. What does Kyra think Wulff wants?
(a) The American captured for himself.
(b) To rise to the top.
(c) Nothing to change.
(d) Natalya Lebedev.
15. What happens at more than fifty below?
(a) Rubber tires melt.
(b) Metal becomes stronger.
(c) Metal becomes fragile.
(d) Rubber turns to metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the engineer studying?
2. By which river does Joe fall asleep from weariness?
3. What is a stool pigeon?
4. Why does Zhikarev excite Kyra?
5. Why does Natalya make Mack a shirt?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)