|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new tracks does he find as he continues south?
(a) Recently made human tracks.
(b) His own tracks as he goes in circles.
(c) Those of a tiger.
(d) Moose tracks.
2. Where does Zhikarev have an offshore account?
(a) In a Californian credit union.
(b) In a Hong Kong bank.
(c) In a Japanese national trust.
(d) In a Swiss Bank.
3. Which berries do little for Joe's hunger?
(a) Ptarmigan berries.
(c) Patridge berries.
4. What does Joe realize he needs to actually escape Siberia?
(a) Another pair of mocassins.
(b) More bear skins.
(c) Some rubles.
(d) Some Sanskrit.
5. How does Mack make sure he can leave the village quickly if needed?
(a) He prepaers a helicopter.
(b) He makes several trails.
(c) He prepares a car.
(d) He tells no one of his plans to leave.
6. Which arrow finally kills the bear?
(a) The fifth shot down its throat.
(b) The sixth shot into its right side.
(c) The fourth shot.
(d) The third arrow into its throat.
7. What animal dislikes Joe's smell?
(a) A salmon in the stream.
(b) A wild grouse in the trees.
(c) A forest deer.
(d) A brown bear.
8. Why is Kyra so confused?
(a) Siberia is so vast a place to look for one man.
(b) She is suspicious of her driver Stegman.
(c) She does not understand what motivates Wulff.
(d) Alekhin's clues seem misleading.
9. What does the undamaged nature of the new furs suggest?
(a) The animals were taken with traps.
(b) The animals were taken with snares.
(c) The animals died of natural causes.
(d) A Red Indian caught the animals.
10. Why does Zhikarev excite Kyra?
(a) He is a superb helicopter pilot.
(b) He has the best furs.
(c) She hopes he will allow her to catch Joe.
(d) He can be made to betray Wulff.
11. What raises Zamatev's suspicions that he is being followed?
(a) A little car.
(b) Kyra's nosiness.
(c) A secret message in his stack of daily documents.
(d) Footprints in the snow.
12. What is the Siberian taiga known for?
(a) Great lakes.
(b) Treacherous swamps.
(c) Fine timber.
(d) Stretches if tundra.
13. Where is Shepilov looking for Joe?
(a) In the taiga.
(b) In the cities.
(c) Along the Ob.
(d) Along the Olekma.
14. What does Mac say he will do to Peshkov if he tries to anything again?
(a) Turn him in.
(b) Maime him.
(c) Castrate him.
(d) Kill him.
15. What does Mack use to kill the helicopter pilot?
(a) A tomahawk.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A machine gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is Joe when Alekhin visits Vanyushin?
2. Why would Joe be expected to make for the Mongolian border?
3. What is Alekhin's pride?
4. What makes Yakov lower his gun?
5. Where is Kyra sent?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)