|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shepilov not have in Kyra's eyes?
(a) He is not very intelligent.
(b) He is lacking in energy.
(c) He tries too hard.
(d) He is lacking in ambition.
2. Where does Kyra think Mack is hiding?
(a) The village.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The town.
(d) The woods.
3. How does Joe dry off after his swim?
(a) By putting on some dry clothes.
(b) Wiping himself with grass.
(c) He rolls around in the forest.
(d) By standing in the breeze.
4. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
(a) The white man had better armour.
(b) The Indians were not good at fighting in the cold.
(c) The white man attacked in spring and caught them by surprise.
(d) The Indians did not know how to fight short term battles.
5. Why is Zamatev's coat so unadorned?
(a) His decorations have been confiscated.
(b) He cannot find his decorations.
(c) His ranking is low.
(d) He chooses not to wear decorations.
6. Who figures out that Mack is behind the helicopter crash?
7. Why do the Soviets capture Makatozi?
(a) They are scared he will oust their spy agents.
(b) He has information on experimental aircraft.
(c) They want a bargaining tool for war negotiations.
(d) He is being retrained as a doube agent.
8. Who is Martin Lap?
(a) A Lithuanian poet.
(b) A Russian architect.
(c) A Siberian tracker.
(d) An American pilot.
9. What are Tungus?
(a) Reindeer people.
(b) Lithuanian royalty.
(c) Siberian nationals.
(d) Russian police.
10. What is a stool pigeon?
(a) A person form England.
(b) A chemist.
(c) A type of bird.
(d) An informant.
11. What are Zamatev's roots?
12. What does Kyra think Wulff wants?
(a) Natalya Lebedev.
(b) To rise to the top.
(c) Nothing to change.
(d) The American captured for himself.
13. Why is Kyra so confused?
(a) Siberia is so vast a place to look for one man.
(b) Alekhin's clues seem misleading.
(c) She does not understand what motivates Wulff.
(d) She is suspicious of her driver Stegman.
14. Which berries do little for Joe's hunger?
(a) Ptarmigan berries.
(c) Patridge berries.
15. How does a Sioux prefer to die?
(a) At a ripe old age.
(b) While hunting great beasts.
(c) By their own hand.
(d) In battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puzzles Jack about Yakov?
2. Why has the settlement never been found?
3. Why does Zamatev consider Major Joe to be alone?
4. Who is Pennington suspicious of?
5. What does Mac say he will do to Peshkov if he tries to anything again?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)