|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which region would provide Joe more game?
(a) Yenisei lands to the west.
(b) The northern Ob region.
(c) Along the Lena river in the east.
(d) South to the Amur region.
2. Where is the engineer studying?
3. What makes Yakov lower his gun?
(a) Hearing Zamatev's name.
(b) He is out of bullets.
(c) He is distracted by a shuffle in the woods.
(d) The look in Joe's eyes.
4. What characteristic annoys Zamatev when he first meets Makatozi?
(d) Lack of cooperation.
5. Why did Joe sleep so poorly?
(a) He is scared of the wolves.
(b) He has been hungry for days.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) He is scared of the helicopter.
6. What does Joe long for after killing the bear?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) More arrows.
(c) A sharper knife.
(d) A glass of wine.
7. What are Tungus?
(a) Siberian nationals.
(b) Russian police.
(c) Reindeer people.
(d) Lithuanian royalty.
8. How does the settlement ensure its survival?
(a) By offering their best furs.
(b) They refuse all strangers.
(c) The make money by selling coffee.
(d) They give Wulff free meals.
9. Where does Mack meet Natalya in Chapter 16?
(a) The cave.
(b) The woods.
(c) The temple.
(d) Her tent.
10. What is the key to survival?
(a) Sleep with one eye open.
(b) You have to accept the wilderness.
(c) Move against the wind.
(d) One must fight the wilderness with all their strength.
11. What does Joe decide can wait?
(a) Going to the bathroom.
(b) A weapon.
(d) Warmer clothing.
12. What rank does Zamatev want by fifty?
(a) Chief Commander.
(d) Field Marshal.
13. Where does Mack say he will take both Natalya and her father?
14. How many moccasins could Joe make from the reindeer?
(a) Easily nine pairs.
(b) About 14 pairs.
(c) Only four pairs.
(d) Only one pair.
15. What does Kyra think Wulff wants?
(a) To rise to the top.
(b) Nothing to change.
(c) The American captured for himself.
(d) Natalya Lebedev.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puzzles Jack about Yakov?
2. Why has the settlement never been found?
3. Where does Kyra think Zhikarev is heading?
4. How big is Siberia?
5. How far away is Joe when Alekhin visits Vanyushin?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)