Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe use to cross Olekma?
(a) A lumber plank.
(b) A single drift log.
(c) A gigantic old floater.
(d) A mass of driftwood.
2. How has Kyra made sure Zhikrev can't get into China?
(a) She has electronically tagged him.
(b) She has changed the guards on the border.
(c) She has put up road blocks.
(d) She has told her men to shoot upon sight.
3. Why does Zamatev think Kyra is the best?
(a) She is decended from Russian royalty.
(b) She is smart.
(c) She is the sister of someone important.
(d) She is Shepilov's daughter.
4. What does Kyra think Wulff wants?
(a) Natalya Lebedev.
(b) Nothing to change.
(c) To rise to the top.
(d) The American captured for himself.
5. What characteristic annoys Zamatev when he first meets Makatozi?
(b) Lack of cooperation.
6. What does the soldier count up to before he is allowed to go?
(a) One billion.
(b) One hundred.
(c) One million.
(d) One thousand.
7. Why does Joe think mine workers lived in the old building?
(a) There are old mining coats hanging on the wall.
(b) The water trough is full of mining tools.
(c) There is a miner's lamp.
(d) There are enough bunks for a dozen men.
8. What is Pennington's specialty?
(a) Chemical research.
(b) Weapons and ordnance.
(c) Experimental aircraft.
(d) Military medicine.
9. What is the key to survival?
(a) One must fight the wilderness with all their strength.
(b) You have to accept the wilderness.
(c) Move against the wind.
(d) Sleep with one eye open.
10. What puzzles Jack about Yakov?
(a) The man can spik Engless.
(b) He cannot understand the man's Russian.
(c) He carries an AK-47.
(d) He cannot tell if he is fat or muscular.
11. What does Mack use to kill the helicopter pilot?
(a) A tomahawk.
(b) A machine gun.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A bow and arrow.
12. What advantage in grooming do most Indians have?
(a) Lack of odour.
(b) Straight, easy to manage hair.
(c) Clean skin.
(d) Not much facial hair.
13. What might aid Joe's dash to the forest?
(a) A sled.
(b) Fear of being shot.
(c) Running on all fours.
(d) Thawing of the snow.
14. Which region would provide Joe more game?
(a) Yenisei lands to the west.
(b) South to the Amur region.
(c) Along the Lena river in the east.
(d) The northern Ob region.
15. Why is Kyra so confused?
(a) She is suspicious of her driver Stegman.
(b) She does not understand what motivates Wulff.
(c) Alekhin's clues seem misleading.
(d) Siberia is so vast a place to look for one man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zhikarev so worried?
2. What makes Yakov lower his gun?
3. Where does Mack meet Natalya in Chapter 16?
4. Where is Kyra sent?
5. How far away is Joe when Alekhin visits Vanyushin?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)