|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the settlement need Peshkov?
(a) He knows how to throw a party.
(b) He is a good leader.
(c) He is a good hunter.
(d) He is popular and good for morale.
2. Who is Pennington suspicious of?
(a) The West German.
(b) The Swedish naval officer.
(c) The French diplomat.
(d) The English chemist.
3. Who does Yakov say is searching for Mack?
4. Where is the engineer studying?
5. What is approaching in August?
(a) The time of the Rolling Bear.
(b) The time of the Yellow Leaves.
(c) The Moon of the Formidable Marmot.
(d) The Moon of the Ripe Plums.
6. What window do the prisoners have to talk without being spied on?
(a) Three breaths.
(b) Three words.
(c) Only three seconds.
(d) Only three steps.
7. Why does Zamatev think Kyra is the best?
(a) She is decended from Russian royalty.
(b) She is the sister of someone important.
(c) She is Shepilov's daughter.
(d) She is smart.
8. Where is Kyra sent?
(a) Back to Shepilov's office.
(b) Along the Sea of Japan.
(c) To Aldan.
(d) The Sikhote Alin Mountains.
9. Why did Joe sleep so poorly?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) He is scared of the helicopter.
(c) He has been hungry for days.
(d) He is scared of the wolves.
10. What does Yakov use to wake Joe?
(a) He pokes with his AK-47.
(b) He throws a pebble.
(c) By blowing in his ear.
(d) A loud cough.
11. Why has the settlement never been found?
(a) The settlement is too well concealed.
(b) They have killed anyone who got near.
(c) No one knows it exists.
(d) The Russians have never tried hard enough.
12. Where does Kyra think Zhikarev is heading?
13. What is the name of the man who tortured Zamatev during the war?
14. What does Joe long for after killing the bear?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) More arrows.
(c) A sharper knife.
(d) A glass of wine.
15. Who figures out that Mack is behind the helicopter crash?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tungus?
2. What noise alerts Joe to the rail work?
3. How big is Siberia?
4. What does the undamaged nature of the new furs suggest?
5. Who is Martin Lap?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)