|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which region would provide Joe more game?
(a) The northern Ob region.
(b) Along the Lena river in the east.
(c) Yenisei lands to the west.
(d) South to the Amur region.
2. Why does Joe think mine workers lived in the old building?
(a) The water trough is full of mining tools.
(b) There is a miner's lamp.
(c) There are old mining coats hanging on the wall.
(d) There are enough bunks for a dozen men.
3. Why does Zamatev consider Major Joe to be alone?
(a) He is already believed dead.
(b) He has no ties back home.
(c) Traitors have no friends.
(d) He is not yet married.
4. Where does Kyra think Mack is hiding?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The woods.
(c) The town.
(d) The village.
5. What advantage in grooming do most Indians have?
(a) Clean skin.
(b) Straight, easy to manage hair.
(c) Not much facial hair.
(d) Lack of odour.
6. Why does the settlement need Peshkov?
(a) He knows how to throw a party.
(b) He is a good hunter.
(c) He is a good leader.
(d) He is popular and good for morale.
7. Why can the Man On The Other End trust the Baroness?
(a) Her old Soviet ties.
(b) Her animosity towards her own country.
(c) She is not motivated by money.
(d) She has good intuition.
8. What puzzles Jack about Yakov?
(a) He cannot understand the man's Russian.
(b) He cannot tell if he is fat or muscular.
(c) He carries an AK-47.
(d) The man can spik Engless.
9. How does Mack make sure he can leave the village quickly if needed?
(a) He tells no one of his plans to leave.
(b) He makes several trails.
(c) He prepares a car.
(d) He prepaers a helicopter.
10. Where is Kyra sent?
(a) Back to Shepilov's office.
(b) To Aldan.
(c) The Sikhote Alin Mountains.
(d) Along the Sea of Japan.
11. What are the four virtues of a Sioux warrior?
(a) Wisdon, ruthlessness, bravery and magnitude.
(b) Emotionally detachment, wisdom, fortitude and strength.
(c) Generoristy, bravery, intelligence and solitude.
(d) Bravery, generosity, wisdom and fortitude.
12. Where does Kyra think Zhikarev is heading?
13. How does Joe dry off after his swim?
(a) He rolls around in the forest.
(b) Wiping himself with grass.
(c) By putting on some dry clothes.
(d) By standing in the breeze.
14. Why does Zhikarev excite Kyra?
(a) She hopes he will allow her to catch Joe.
(b) He can be made to betray Wulff.
(c) He has the best furs.
(d) He is a superb helicopter pilot.
15. Why has the settlement never been found?
(a) The settlement is too well concealed.
(b) The Russians have never tried hard enough.
(c) No one knows it exists.
(d) They have killed anyone who got near.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Alaskan Indian carry over Chilhoot Pass?
2. Why does Zamatev think Kyra is the best?
3. What is Pennington's specialty?
4. What does Mack make sure the village has before he leaves?
5. Why does Mack think Alekhin will be harder to hide from?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)