|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack make sure the village has before he leaves?
(c) A hospital.
2. Who gives Joe his non-Indian heritage?
(a) His mother.
(b) A grandparent.
(c) His great Scottish grandmother.
(d) His father.
3. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
(a) The white man had better armour.
(b) The Indians did not know how to fight short term battles.
(c) The white man attacked in spring and caught them by surprise.
(d) The Indians were not good at fighting in the cold.
4. Why does Zhikarev excite Kyra?
(a) He is a superb helicopter pilot.
(b) She hopes he will allow her to catch Joe.
(c) He has the best furs.
(d) He can be made to betray Wulff.
5. Why does Evgeny Zhilarev wear slippers?
(a) He never wears shoes.
(b) His feet are crippled.
(c) He finds them more fashionable.
(d) He doesn't want to make any noise.
6. Which member of the village wants Mack to leave?
7. What does Joe use to cross Olekma?
(a) A single drift log.
(b) A mass of driftwood.
(c) A gigantic old floater.
(d) A lumber plank.
8. What new tracks does he find as he continues south?
(a) His own tracks as he goes in circles.
(b) Recently made human tracks.
(c) Moose tracks.
(d) Those of a tiger.
9. What is Alekhin's pride?
(a) No prisoner has escaped him.
(b) He has never been defeated in an arm wrestle.
(c) His Russian heritage.
(d) A reputation as a great chef.
10. What does Yakov use to wake Joe?
(a) He throws a pebble.
(b) He pokes with his AK-47.
(c) A loud cough.
(d) By blowing in his ear.
11. What puzzles Jack about Yakov?
(a) He cannot tell if he is fat or muscular.
(b) He cannot understand the man's Russian.
(c) The man can spik Engless.
(d) He carries an AK-47.
12. How does Mack make sure he can leave the village quickly if needed?
(a) He tells no one of his plans to leave.
(b) He prepares a car.
(c) He prepaers a helicopter.
(d) He makes several trails.
13. What are the four virtues of a Sioux warrior?
(a) Emotionally detachment, wisdom, fortitude and strength.
(b) Wisdon, ruthlessness, bravery and magnitude.
(c) Bravery, generosity, wisdom and fortitude.
(d) Generoristy, bravery, intelligence and solitude.
14. What characteristic annoys Zamatev when he first meets Makatozi?
(d) Lack of cooperation.
15. Where does Kyra think Mack is hiding?
(a) The woods.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The town.
(d) The village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which arrow finally kills the bear?
2. What does the soldier count up to before he is allowed to go?
3. Why can the Man On The Other End trust the Baroness?
4. What does Joe long for after killing the bear?
5. Using what hunting weapon would do Joe more harm than good?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)