|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the settlement ensure its survival?
(a) By offering their best furs.
(b) They refuse all strangers.
(c) The make money by selling coffee.
(d) They give Wulff free meals.
2. Which berries do little for Joe's hunger?
(c) Patridge berries.
(d) Ptarmigan berries.
3. What puzzles Jack about Yakov?
(a) The man can spik Engless.
(b) He cannot understand the man's Russian.
(c) He cannot tell if he is fat or muscular.
(d) He carries an AK-47.
4. How does Mack make sure he can leave the village quickly if needed?
(a) He prepares a car.
(b) He prepaers a helicopter.
(c) He makes several trails.
(d) He tells no one of his plans to leave.
5. What does Mack make sure the village has before he leaves?
(b) A hospital.
6. Why does Zhikarev excite Kyra?
(a) He can be made to betray Wulff.
(b) He has the best furs.
(c) He is a superb helicopter pilot.
(d) She hopes he will allow her to catch Joe.
7. What kind of weapon does Mack threaten Peshkov with?
(a) A gun.
(b) A sword.
(c) A knife.
(d) A tomahawk.
8. Why does Evgeny Zhilarev wear slippers?
(a) He doesn't want to make any noise.
(b) He finds them more fashionable.
(c) His feet are crippled.
(d) He never wears shoes.
9. Which member of the village wants Mack to leave?
10. What does the soldier count up to before he is allowed to go?
(a) One thousand.
(b) One million.
(c) One billion.
(d) One hundred.
11. What is Pennington's specialty?
(a) Weapons and ordnance.
(b) Chemical research.
(c) Military medicine.
(d) Experimental aircraft.
12. What does Joe realize he needs to actually escape Siberia?
(a) Another pair of mocassins.
(b) Some rubles.
(c) More bear skins.
(d) Some Sanskrit.
13. Where does Mack tell Stephen to meet him in Chapter 17?
(b) Plastun Bay.
(d) Jacksonville Fountain.
14. Who is Martin Lap?
(a) A Lithuanian poet.
(b) A Siberian tracker.
(c) A Russian architect.
(d) An American pilot.
15. Why does Natalya make Mack a shirt?
(a) To keep him warm.
(b) To wear for special occassions.
(c) To get married.
(d) So he will blend in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Joe his non-Indian heritage?
2. Why is Zamatev's coat so unadorned?
3. Where does Zhikarev have an offshore account?
4. What window do the prisoners have to talk without being spied on?
5. Where does Mack meet Natalya in Chapter 16?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)