|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Tungus?
(a) Siberian nationals.
(b) Lithuanian royalty.
(c) Russian police.
(d) Reindeer people.
2. What new tracks does he find as he continues south?
(a) Those of a tiger.
(b) Recently made human tracks.
(c) His own tracks as he goes in circles.
(d) Moose tracks.
3. Where is Kyra sent?
(a) To Aldan.
(b) Back to Shepilov's office.
(c) The Sikhote Alin Mountains.
(d) Along the Sea of Japan.
4. Why is Zamatev's coat so unadorned?
(a) He cannot find his decorations.
(b) His decorations have been confiscated.
(c) His ranking is low.
(d) He chooses not to wear decorations.
5. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
(a) The Indians were not good at fighting in the cold.
(b) The Indians did not know how to fight short term battles.
(c) The white man had better armour.
(d) The white man attacked in spring and caught them by surprise.
6. What animal dislikes Joe's smell?
(a) A salmon in the stream.
(b) A brown bear.
(c) A forest deer.
(d) A wild grouse in the trees.
7. Why is Zhikarev so worried?
(a) The recent batch of furs is poor in quality.
(b) Wulff is normally more reserved.
(c) His feet are feeling better.
(d) His cabbage soup is too thin.
8. By which river does Joe fall asleep from weariness?
(a) The Lena River.
(b) The Kalar River.
(c) The Tsipa River.
(d) The Amur River.
9. What raises Zamatev's suspicions that he is being followed?
(a) Kyra's nosiness.
(b) A little car.
(c) A secret message in his stack of daily documents.
(d) Footprints in the snow.
10. Why does Evgeny Zhilarev wear slippers?
(a) His feet are crippled.
(b) He never wears shoes.
(c) He doesn't want to make any noise.
(d) He finds them more fashionable.
11. What is approaching in August?
(a) The time of the Yellow Leaves.
(b) The Moon of the Formidable Marmot.
(c) The Moon of the Ripe Plums.
(d) The time of the Rolling Bear.
12. Where does Kyra think Zhikarev is heading?
13. What does Yakov use to wake Joe?
(a) He throws a pebble.
(b) A loud cough.
(c) He pokes with his AK-47.
(d) By blowing in his ear.
14. What does Joe realize he needs to actually escape Siberia?
(a) Some rubles.
(b) Another pair of mocassins.
(c) Some Sanskrit.
(d) More bear skins.
15. What is the key to survival?
(a) Sleep with one eye open.
(b) One must fight the wilderness with all their strength.
(c) You have to accept the wilderness.
(d) Move against the wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which region would provide Joe more game?
2. What are the four virtues of a Sioux warrior?
3. What is Joe scared he might never have again?
4. What does Joe use to cross Olekma?
5. Where does Kyra think Mack is hiding?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)