|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack make sure the village has before he leaves?
(c) A hospital.
2. Where does Kyra think Mack is hiding?
(a) The woods.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The town.
(d) The village.
3. Where is Shepilov looking for Joe?
(a) In the cities.
(b) Along the Ob.
(c) Along the Olekma.
(d) In the taiga.
4. Why is Kyra so confused?
(a) Siberia is so vast a place to look for one man.
(b) She is suspicious of her driver Stegman.
(c) She does not understand what motivates Wulff.
(d) Alekhin's clues seem misleading.
5. Why would Joe be expected to make for the Mongolian border?
(a) He has family there.
(b) It is controlled by the British.
(c) They would sell him weapons.
(d) It is the least distance.
6. Why has the settlement never been found?
(a) The Russians have never tried hard enough.
(b) No one knows it exists.
(c) The settlement is too well concealed.
(d) They have killed anyone who got near.
7. What is approaching in August?
(a) The Moon of the Formidable Marmot.
(b) The time of the Rolling Bear.
(c) The Moon of the Ripe Plums.
(d) The time of the Yellow Leaves.
8. Why does Evgeny Zhilarev wear slippers?
(a) He never wears shoes.
(b) His feet are crippled.
(c) He doesn't want to make any noise.
(d) He finds them more fashionable.
9. Where is Kyra sent?
(a) To Aldan.
(b) Back to Shepilov's office.
(c) Along the Sea of Japan.
(d) The Sikhote Alin Mountains.
10. What does Mac say he will do to Peshkov if he tries to anything again?
(a) Maime him.
(b) Turn him in.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Castrate him.
11. Where does Mack say he will take both Natalya and her father?
12. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
(a) The Indians did not know how to fight short term battles.
(b) The white man had better armour.
(c) The Indians were not good at fighting in the cold.
(d) The white man attacked in spring and caught them by surprise.
13. What is the Siberian taiga known for?
(a) Treacherous swamps.
(b) Great lakes.
(c) Stretches if tundra.
(d) Fine timber.
14. What advantage in grooming do most Indians have?
(a) Clean skin.
(b) Straight, easy to manage hair.
(c) Not much facial hair.
(d) Lack of odour.
15. Who is Martin Lap?
(a) A Siberian tracker.
(b) A Russian architect.
(c) A Lithuanian poet.
(d) An American pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which arrow finally kills the bear?
2. Why does Natalya make Mack a shirt?
3. What is the key to survival?
4. What new tracks does he find as he continues south?
5. Which region would provide Joe more game?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)