|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mack tell Stephen to meet him in Chapter 17?
(a) Jacksonville Fountain.
(c) Plastun Bay.
2. How has Kyra made sure Zhikrev can't get into China?
(a) She has changed the guards on the border.
(b) She has told her men to shoot upon sight.
(c) She has electronically tagged him.
(d) She has put up road blocks.
3. When do the Indian people kill a bear?
(a) When the shaman tells them it will bring good fortune.
(b) When a bear will not obey commands.
(c) Only on the first day of spring.
(d) Only when there is need.
4. What is a stool pigeon?
(a) A chemist.
(b) A person form England.
(c) An informant.
(d) A type of bird.
5. Why is Kyra so confused?
(a) Alekhin's clues seem misleading.
(b) She is suspicious of her driver Stegman.
(c) She does not understand what motivates Wulff.
(d) Siberia is so vast a place to look for one man.
6. What is the quickest way out of Siberia?
(a) Swimming Lake Baikal to Manchuria.
(b) Trekking to China.
(c) Riding a deer through Yakutia territory.
(d) Trans-Siberia Railway.
7. Which member of the village wants Mack to leave?
8. What makes Yakov lower his gun?
(a) He is distracted by a shuffle in the woods.
(b) The look in Joe's eyes.
(c) He is out of bullets.
(d) Hearing Zamatev's name.
9. What does Shepilov not have in Kyra's eyes?
(a) He is lacking in ambition.
(b) He is lacking in energy.
(c) He is not very intelligent.
(d) He tries too hard.
10. Which berries do little for Joe's hunger?
(b) Patridge berries.
(d) Ptarmigan berries.
11. Why does Evgeny Zhilarev wear slippers?
(a) He doesn't want to make any noise.
(b) He never wears shoes.
(c) He finds them more fashionable.
(d) His feet are crippled.
12. What are Zamatev's roots?
13. What is approaching in August?
(a) The time of the Yellow Leaves.
(b) The time of the Rolling Bear.
(c) The Moon of the Ripe Plums.
(d) The Moon of the Formidable Marmot.
14. Why do the Soviets capture Makatozi?
(a) He has information on experimental aircraft.
(b) They are scared he will oust their spy agents.
(c) He is being retrained as a doube agent.
(d) They want a bargaining tool for war negotiations.
15. What is Alekhin's pride?
(a) His Russian heritage.
(b) A reputation as a great chef.
(c) No prisoner has escaped him.
(d) He has never been defeated in an arm wrestle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the settlement ensure its survival?
2. Why does Joe think mine workers lived in the old building?
3. What raises Zamatev's suspicions that he is being followed?
4. What are the four virtues of a Sioux warrior?
5. What puzzles Jack about Yakov?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)