|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank does Zamatev want by fifty?
(a) Chief Commander.
(d) Field Marshal.
2. What does the soldier count up to before he is allowed to go?
(a) One billion.
(b) One hundred.
(c) One thousand.
(d) One million.
3. What does Joe decide can wait?
(a) A weapon.
(b) Going to the bathroom.
(d) Warmer clothing.
4. Why does Natalya make Mack a shirt?
(a) To get married.
(b) To keep him warm.
(c) To wear for special occassions.
(d) So he will blend in.
5. What happens at more than fifty below?
(a) Metal becomes fragile.
(b) Rubber turns to metal.
(c) Rubber tires melt.
(d) Metal becomes stronger.
6. What does Yakov use to wake Joe?
(a) He pokes with his AK-47.
(b) He throws a pebble.
(c) By blowing in his ear.
(d) A loud cough.
7. What is the quickest way out of Siberia?
(a) Trans-Siberia Railway.
(b) Trekking to China.
(c) Swimming Lake Baikal to Manchuria.
(d) Riding a deer through Yakutia territory.
8. What is the name of the man who tortured Zamatev during the war?
9. Why is Kyra so confused?
(a) She is suspicious of her driver Stegman.
(b) Siberia is so vast a place to look for one man.
(c) She does not understand what motivates Wulff.
(d) Alekhin's clues seem misleading.
10. What animal dislikes Joe's smell?
(a) A forest deer.
(b) A salmon in the stream.
(c) A wild grouse in the trees.
(d) A brown bear.
11. What makes Talya reluctant to go to America?
(a) The summer is too short.
(b) It is not beautiful enough.
(c) The winter is too cold.
(d) The gangsters.
12. What might aid Joe's dash to the forest?
(a) Running on all fours.
(b) A sled.
(c) Thawing of the snow.
(d) Fear of being shot.
13. Why does Joe find it so easy to escape his cell?
(a) The lights are out.
(b) Pennington opens the door for him from the outside.
(c) In Idaho he worked as a key maker.
(d) The locks are not complicated.
14. What kind of weapon does Mack threaten Peshkov with?
(a) A tomahawk.
(b) A sword.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
15. What makes Yakov lower his gun?
(a) Hearing Zamatev's name.
(b) He is distracted by a shuffle in the woods.
(c) The look in Joe's eyes.
(d) He is out of bullets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the village wants Mack to leave?
2. What does Joe realize he needs to actually escape Siberia?
3. How does Mack make sure he can leave the village quickly if needed?
4. Who figures out that Mack is behind the helicopter crash?
5. What window do the prisoners have to talk without being spied on?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)