|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a stool pigeon?
(a) An informant.
(b) A chemist.
(c) A type of bird.
(d) A person form England.
2. Why is Kyra so confused?
(a) She does not understand what motivates Wulff.
(b) Alekhin's clues seem misleading.
(c) Siberia is so vast a place to look for one man.
(d) She is suspicious of her driver Stegman.
3. What does Joe long for after killing the bear?
(a) More arrows.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) A sharper knife.
4. What does Kyra think Wulff wants?
(a) Natalya Lebedev.
(b) To rise to the top.
(c) Nothing to change.
(d) The American captured for himself.
5. What window do the prisoners have to talk without being spied on?
(a) Only three steps.
(b) Three breaths.
(c) Three words.
(d) Only three seconds.
6. Why is Zhikarev so worried?
(a) His cabbage soup is too thin.
(b) The recent batch of furs is poor in quality.
(c) Wulff is normally more reserved.
(d) His feet are feeling better.
7. What makes Talya reluctant to go to America?
(a) The summer is too short.
(b) The winter is too cold.
(c) It is not beautiful enough.
(d) The gangsters.
8. Why can the Man On The Other End trust the Baroness?
(a) Her old Soviet ties.
(b) She is not motivated by money.
(c) She has good intuition.
(d) Her animosity towards her own country.
9. Where is Shepilov looking for Joe?
(a) In the cities.
(b) In the taiga.
(c) Along the Olekma.
(d) Along the Ob.
10. Why did Joe sleep so poorly?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) He has been hungry for days.
(c) He is scared of the helicopter.
(d) He is scared of the wolves.
11. Why is Zamatev's coat so unadorned?
(a) He chooses not to wear decorations.
(b) He cannot find his decorations.
(c) His decorations have been confiscated.
(d) His ranking is low.
12. Who figures out that Mack is behind the helicopter crash?
13. Why does Zamatev think Kyra is the best?
(a) She is smart.
(b) She is Shepilov's daughter.
(c) She is decended from Russian royalty.
(d) She is the sister of someone important.
14. What is the Siberian taiga known for?
(a) Stretches if tundra.
(b) Treacherous swamps.
(c) Great lakes.
(d) Fine timber.
15. Why does Natalya make Mack a shirt?
(a) To get married.
(b) So he will blend in.
(c) To wear for special occassions.
(d) To keep him warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tribe did the Sioux defeat for control of the Black Hills?
2. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
3. What does Mack make sure the village has before he leaves?
4. Which member of the village wants Mack to leave?
5. What makes Yakov lower his gun?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)