|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic annoys Zamatev when he first meets Makatozi?
(d) Lack of cooperation.
2. Who is Martin Lap?
(a) An American pilot.
(b) A Russian architect.
(c) A Siberian tracker.
(d) A Lithuanian poet.
3. What is Pennington's specialty?
(a) Military medicine.
(b) Chemical research.
(c) Weapons and ordnance.
(d) Experimental aircraft.
4. What makes Talya reluctant to go to America?
(a) It is not beautiful enough.
(b) The summer is too short.
(c) The gangsters.
(d) The winter is too cold.
5. What does Mac say he will do to Peshkov if he tries to anything again?
(a) Turn him in.
(b) Castrate him.
(c) Maime him.
(d) Kill him.
6. Why does the rest of the village want Mack to stay?
(a) He is a tourist attraction.
(b) He is a good builder.
(c) He has money.
(d) He provides them with meat.
7. Who does Yakov say is searching for Mack?
8. Why is Zamatev's coat so unadorned?
(a) He cannot find his decorations.
(b) His decorations have been confiscated.
(c) His ranking is low.
(d) He chooses not to wear decorations.
9. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
(a) The white man attacked in spring and caught them by surprise.
(b) The Indians did not know how to fight short term battles.
(c) The Indians were not good at fighting in the cold.
(d) The white man had better armour.
10. Why has the settlement never been found?
(a) The Russians have never tried hard enough.
(b) The settlement is too well concealed.
(c) They have killed anyone who got near.
(d) No one knows it exists.
11. Where does Mack say he will take both Natalya and her father?
12. What advantage in grooming do most Indians have?
(a) Clean skin.
(b) Not much facial hair.
(c) Straight, easy to manage hair.
(d) Lack of odour.
13. What does Joe realize he needs to actually escape Siberia?
(a) Another pair of mocassins.
(b) More bear skins.
(c) Some rubles.
(d) Some Sanskrit.
14. What is approaching in August?
(a) The Moon of the Formidable Marmot.
(b) The Moon of the Ripe Plums.
(c) The time of the Rolling Bear.
(d) The time of the Yellow Leaves.
15. What is the quickest way out of Siberia?
(a) Trans-Siberia Railway.
(b) Riding a deer through Yakutia territory.
(c) Swimming Lake Baikal to Manchuria.
(d) Trekking to China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Yakov lower his gun?
2. What is Joe scared he might never have again?
3. Why did Joe sleep so poorly?
4. Why does Evgeny Zhilarev wear slippers?
5. Why does Zamatev think Kyra is the best?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)