|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Siberian taiga known for?
(a) Great lakes.
(b) Treacherous swamps.
(c) Stretches if tundra.
(d) Fine timber.
2. What did the Alaskan Indian carry over Chilhoot Pass?
(a) Three hundred pounds of bear meat.
(b) A piano.
(c) Half a ton of water.
(d) Fifty bear hides.
3. What advantage in grooming do most Indians have?
(a) Clean skin.
(b) Lack of odour.
(c) Straight, easy to manage hair.
(d) Not much facial hair.
4. What is the key to survival?
(a) Sleep with one eye open.
(b) One must fight the wilderness with all their strength.
(c) Move against the wind.
(d) You have to accept the wilderness.
5. What does Yakov use to wake Joe?
(a) He throws a pebble.
(b) A loud cough.
(c) He pokes with his AK-47.
(d) By blowing in his ear.
6. Where does Kyra think Mack is hiding?
(a) The village.
(b) The woods.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The town.
7. What is the quickest way out of Siberia?
(a) Trans-Siberia Railway.
(b) Swimming Lake Baikal to Manchuria.
(c) Riding a deer through Yakutia territory.
(d) Trekking to China.
8. What happens at more than fifty below?
(a) Rubber turns to metal.
(b) Rubber tires melt.
(c) Metal becomes fragile.
(d) Metal becomes stronger.
9. How does a Sioux prefer to die?
(a) At a ripe old age.
(b) By their own hand.
(c) While hunting great beasts.
(d) In battle.
10. What does Mack make sure the village has before he leaves?
(d) A hospital.
11. Why is Zamatev's coat so unadorned?
(a) His ranking is low.
(b) He chooses not to wear decorations.
(c) His decorations have been confiscated.
(d) He cannot find his decorations.
12. What does Kyra think Wulff wants?
(a) Nothing to change.
(b) Natalya Lebedev.
(c) The American captured for himself.
(d) To rise to the top.
13. Which region would provide Joe more game?
(a) Along the Lena river in the east.
(b) South to the Amur region.
(c) The northern Ob region.
(d) Yenisei lands to the west.
14. Why does the rest of the village want Mack to stay?
(a) He is a good builder.
(b) He has money.
(c) He is a tourist attraction.
(d) He provides them with meat.
15. What might aid Joe's dash to the forest?
(a) Thawing of the snow.
(b) A sled.
(c) Fear of being shot.
(d) Running on all fours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zhikarev have an offshore account?
2. What does Joe decide can wait?
3. What raises Zamatev's suspicions that he is being followed?
4. What is Pennington's specialty?
5. How far away is Joe when Alekhin visits Vanyushin?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)