|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soldier count up to before he is allowed to go?
(a) One billion.
(b) One hundred.
(c) One thousand.
(d) One million.
2. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
(a) The white man had better armour.
(b) The Indians were not good at fighting in the cold.
(c) The Indians did not know how to fight short term battles.
(d) The white man attacked in spring and caught them by surprise.
3. Why is Zhikarev so worried?
(a) His cabbage soup is too thin.
(b) His feet are feeling better.
(c) The recent batch of furs is poor in quality.
(d) Wulff is normally more reserved.
4. Where does Zhikarev have an offshore account?
(a) In a Californian credit union.
(b) In a Swiss Bank.
(c) In a Hong Kong bank.
(d) In a Japanese national trust.
5. Why do the Soviets capture Makatozi?
(a) They are scared he will oust their spy agents.
(b) They want a bargaining tool for war negotiations.
(c) He has information on experimental aircraft.
(d) He is being retrained as a doube agent.
6. How does Joe dry off after his swim?
(a) He rolls around in the forest.
(b) By putting on some dry clothes.
(c) Wiping himself with grass.
(d) By standing in the breeze.
7. Who does Yakov say is searching for Mack?
8. What are Zamatev's roots?
9. Where does Mack tell Stephen to meet him in Chapter 17?
(b) Jacksonville Fountain.
(d) Plastun Bay.
10. What kind of weapon does Mack threaten Peshkov with?
(a) A tomahawk.
(b) A sword.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
11. What makes Talya reluctant to go to America?
(a) It is not beautiful enough.
(b) The gangsters.
(c) The summer is too short.
(d) The winter is too cold.
12. Which berries do little for Joe's hunger?
(a) Patridge berries.
(c) Ptarmigan berries.
13. Where is Shepilov looking for Joe?
(a) In the taiga.
(b) In the cities.
(c) Along the Olekma.
(d) Along the Ob.
14. What advantage in grooming do most Indians have?
(a) Lack of odour.
(b) Straight, easy to manage hair.
(c) Clean skin.
(d) Not much facial hair.
15. Where is the engineer studying?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a Sioux prefer to die?
2. How many moccasins could Joe make from the reindeer?
3. How has Kyra made sure Zhikrev can't get into China?
4. Where does Mack meet Natalya in Chapter 16?
5. What does Mack make sure the village has before he leaves?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)