|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage in grooming do most Indians have?
(a) Clean skin.
(b) Straight, easy to manage hair.
(c) Lack of odour.
(d) Not much facial hair.
2. What does Mack make sure the village has before he leaves?
(d) A hospital.
3. What raises Zamatev's suspicions that he is being followed?
(a) Kyra's nosiness.
(b) A little car.
(c) A secret message in his stack of daily documents.
(d) Footprints in the snow.
4. What is the name of the man who tortured Zamatev during the war?
5. How does Joe dry off after his swim?
(a) Wiping himself with grass.
(b) By standing in the breeze.
(c) By putting on some dry clothes.
(d) He rolls around in the forest.
6. What does Mac say he will do to Peshkov if he tries to anything again?
(a) Maime him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Castrate him.
(d) Turn him in.
7. What makes Talya reluctant to go to America?
(a) The summer is too short.
(b) The winter is too cold.
(c) It is not beautiful enough.
(d) The gangsters.
8. Who does Yakov say is searching for Mack?
9. Where does Mack tell Stephen to meet him in Chapter 17?
(a) Jacksonville Fountain.
(b) Plastun Bay.
10. What are Zamatev's roots?
11. Why would Joe be expected to make for the Mongolian border?
(a) It is controlled by the British.
(b) It is the least distance.
(c) He has family there.
(d) They would sell him weapons.
12. How big is Siberia?
(a) Less than five times the size of the United States.
(b) More than three million square miles.
(c) More than three times the size of the United States.
(d) More than five million square miles.
13. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
(a) The white man attacked in spring and caught them by surprise.
(b) The Indians were not good at fighting in the cold.
(c) The Indians did not know how to fight short term battles.
(d) The white man had better armour.
14. What noise alerts Joe to the rail work?
(a) The rumble of a steamroller.
(b) The sound of a tractor.
(c) The whistle of a train.
(d) The squeak of a backhoe.
15. Where does Zhikarev have an offshore account?
(a) In a Japanese national trust.
(b) In a Hong Kong bank.
(c) In a Californian credit union.
(d) In a Swiss Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Natalya make Mack a shirt?
2. How does a Sioux prefer to die?
3. Why does the settlement need Peshkov?
4. Why can the Man On The Other End trust the Baroness?
5. Why does Zamatev consider Major Joe to be alone?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)