|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away is Joe when Alekhin visits Vanyushin?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Fifteen miles.
(c) Fifty minutes.
(d) Fifty miles.
2. Why does the settlement need Peshkov?
(a) He is a good leader.
(b) He is a good hunter.
(c) He knows how to throw a party.
(d) He is popular and good for morale.
3. By which river does Joe fall asleep from weariness?
(a) The Kalar River.
(b) The Tsipa River.
(c) The Lena River.
(d) The Amur River.
4. What characteristic annoys Zamatev when he first meets Makatozi?
(b) Lack of cooperation.
5. What are the four virtues of a Sioux warrior?
(a) Generoristy, bravery, intelligence and solitude.
(b) Emotionally detachment, wisdom, fortitude and strength.
(c) Bravery, generosity, wisdom and fortitude.
(d) Wisdon, ruthlessness, bravery and magnitude.
6. Which member of the village wants Mack to leave?
7. What does Yakov use to wake Joe?
(a) He throws a pebble.
(b) A loud cough.
(c) He pokes with his AK-47.
(d) By blowing in his ear.
8. What did the Alaskan Indian carry over Chilhoot Pass?
(a) Half a ton of water.
(b) Three hundred pounds of bear meat.
(c) Fifty bear hides.
(d) A piano.
9. Who is Martin Lap?
(a) A Russian architect.
(b) A Lithuanian poet.
(c) An American pilot.
(d) A Siberian tracker.
10. Who gives Joe his non-Indian heritage?
(a) His father.
(b) His great Scottish grandmother.
(c) His mother.
(d) A grandparent.
11. What does the soldier count up to before he is allowed to go?
(a) One hundred.
(b) One thousand.
(c) One million.
(d) One billion.
12. How does a Sioux prefer to die?
(a) While hunting great beasts.
(b) In battle.
(c) At a ripe old age.
(d) By their own hand.
13. What is the quickest way out of Siberia?
(a) Trans-Siberia Railway.
(b) Swimming Lake Baikal to Manchuria.
(c) Riding a deer through Yakutia territory.
(d) Trekking to China.
14. How has Kyra made sure Zhikrev can't get into China?
(a) She has told her men to shoot upon sight.
(b) She has put up road blocks.
(c) She has electronically tagged him.
(d) She has changed the guards on the border.
15. Why does Joe find it so easy to escape his cell?
(a) The locks are not complicated.
(b) Pennington opens the door for him from the outside.
(c) In Idaho he worked as a key maker.
(d) The lights are out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puzzles Jack about Yakov?
2. Why does Evgeny Zhilarev wear slippers?
3. What does Joe decide can wait?
4. What happens at more than fifty below?
5. What window do the prisoners have to talk without being spied on?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)