|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is approaching in August?
(a) The time of the Rolling Bear.
(b) The time of the Yellow Leaves.
(c) The Moon of the Ripe Plums.
(d) The Moon of the Formidable Marmot.
2. Why does Joe find it so easy to escape his cell?
(a) Pennington opens the door for him from the outside.
(b) The locks are not complicated.
(c) In Idaho he worked as a key maker.
(d) The lights are out.
3. When do the Indian people kill a bear?
(a) Only when there is need.
(b) Only on the first day of spring.
(c) When the shaman tells them it will bring good fortune.
(d) When a bear will not obey commands.
4. What does Mack use the mountain goat for?
(d) A tent.
5. How does Mack make sure he can leave the village quickly if needed?
(a) He prepaers a helicopter.
(b) He prepares a car.
(c) He tells no one of his plans to leave.
(d) He makes several trails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe use to cross Olekma?
2. What does Mack send to Zamatev?
3. What does the helicopter pilot say is his mission?
4. What is the name of the Soviet soldier who helps Natalya and her father in this section?
5. What is a stool pigeon?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)