|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Alaskan Indian carry over Chilhoot Pass?
(a) A piano.
(b) Fifty bear hides.
(c) Half a ton of water.
(d) Three hundred pounds of bear meat.
2. Why did the Indians lose to the white man according to Joe?
(a) The white man attacked in spring and caught them by surprise.
(b) The Indians were not good at fighting in the cold.
(c) The white man had better armour.
(d) The Indians did not know how to fight short term battles.
3. Why is Zamatev worried about Mac in this section?
(a) That he will befriend Mack.
(b) That he will kill Mack.
(c) That he is a psychotic.
(d) That he does not have the ability to catch Mack.
4. Why does Zhikarev excite Kyra?
(a) He is a superb helicopter pilot.
(b) He can be made to betray Wulff.
(c) She hopes he will allow her to catch Joe.
(d) He has the best furs.
5. Why does Baronas not want to stay in the cabin?
(a) He hates confined spaces.
(b) He refuses to leave his daughter.
(c) He has spent too long in hiding.
(d) He has always wanted to go to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is approaching in August?
2. Why does Zamatev consider Major Joe to be alone?
3. How much distance is between the wire fence and the white line?
4. Why does the rest of the village want Mack to stay?
5. What is Peshkov looking for in Chapter 33?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)