1. What does the soldier count up to before he is allowed to go?
(a) One thousand.
(b) One million.
(c) One hundred.
(d) One billion.
2. Why is Zamatev's coat so unadorned?
(a) His ranking is low.
(b) He cannot find his decorations.
(c) His decorations have been confiscated.
(d) He chooses not to wear decorations.
3. Why do the Soviets capture Makatozi?
(a) He is being retrained as a doube agent.
(b) He has information on experimental aircraft.
(c) They are scared he will oust their spy agents.
(d) They want a bargaining tool for war negotiations.
4. What characteristic annoys Zamatev when he first meets Makatozi?
(d) Lack of cooperation.
5. What is Alekhin's pride?
(a) A reputation as a great chef.
(b) He has never been defeated in an arm wrestle.
(c) No prisoner has escaped him.
(d) His Russian heritage.
6. Why does Zamatev consider Major Joe to be alone?
(a) He is already believed dead.
(b) Traitors have no friends.
(c) He has no ties back home.
(d) He is not yet married.
This section contains 4,217 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)