|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To many the union members, what type of personality does the President of the union have?
2. Who goes out with Mike for drinks and then to pick up women?
3. Because of that what does she not have a lot of time for?
4. What does Mike like to prove to the rest of his friends?
5. Because she is not getting any attention from sailors in Times Square, what does Tralala do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harry upset when the strike finally comes to an end?
2. Why does Tralala get physical with the sailor Doggie?
3. What does Lucy feel she has little control over?
4. Why does Irene enjoy going to work?
5. How does Harry pay for his actions?
6. Why does Mike insist on making his wife's life very difficult?
7. When Tralala meets Harry, what does she suddenly feel?
8. As a result of her time in Times Square, what does she begin to do?
9. How does Tralala feel about the note Harry leaves behind?
10. When Harry sees his son in the bath, what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Selby writes Last Exit to Brooklyn like a collection of stories.
Is this effective to his storytelling?
Would it have been more effective to have the entire novel work as one cohesive unit?
Explain why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Tralala push any man that tries to get close to her away?
Is it difficult for her to trust men because of her past and childhood?
Essay Topic 3
How do Selby's characters view marriage?
How do they view sex?
To these characters, why can't their marriages also invoice sex?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)