|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada's character represent?
2. What does this provoke Vinnie to do?
3. What is a coda?
4. Who do Abe and Nancy choose to take their bitterness out on?
5. Because his wife is taking too long in the bathroom, what does Vinnie decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tralala unable to show to the sailor, Doggie?
2. When Tralala meets Harry, what does she suddenly feel?
3. While Abe goes out with a woman named Lucy, what does Nancy do?
4. What does Ada spend most of her life doing and what do people in Brooklyn feel about her?
5. Why does Mike insist on making his wife's life very difficult?
6. What does Lucy fear about her children playing in the laundromat?
7. What makes Harry very happy after meeting a couple of drag queens?
8. What does Harry buy with a lot of the money?
9. Why is Harry excited for the upcoming strike?
10. Why does Irene enjoy going to work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What characters are constantly faced with temptation?
Is temptation an excuse to act however you would like?
Name any character that is able to fight temptation.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Tralala push any man that tries to get close to her away?
Is it difficult for her to trust men because of her past and childhood?
Essay Topic 3
Selby writes Last Exit to Brooklyn like a collection of stories.
Is this effective to his storytelling?
Would it have been more effective to have the entire novel work as one cohesive unit?
Explain why or why not?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)