Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the manager at the steel mill?
2. Who goes out with Mike for drinks and then to pick up women?
3. During the strike, what will the union members receive every week?
4. How does Ada act as though nothing in her life has changed?
5. What is her plan with her friends?
Many of the female characters in the book are prostitutes.
Why are so many characters prostitutes and not women who work long hours at other jobs?
What does this say about Selby's view of women?
It was very difficult to be homosexual in the 1950s.
How does Georgie try to defy opposition to live her life the way she wants to live it?
On the other hand, how does Georgie isolate herself for the life she lives?
Why does Selby think there is a never ending circle of bitterness in the borough of Brooklyn?
Explain and describe the vicious circle that he feels exists for Brooklyn's residents.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)