Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the manager at the steel mill?
2. Who goes out with Mike for drinks and then to pick up women?
3. During the strike, what will the union members receive every week?
4. How does Ada act as though nothing in her life has changed?
5. What is her plan with her friends?
Essay Topic 1
Selby's book caused a huge controversy during its publication. The major topics in the book consist of homosexuality, child abuse, cheating, stealing, violence, transvestites, anger, insanity, and drug use. Using your knowledge about these topics in the 1950s, how do you think the book was accepted by general American culture? How was it perceived in a more liberal Europe?
Essay Topic 2
Why are the hipsters and sailors so different from one another?
How does Selby show that different groups can work together to create unreasonable violence?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Selby think there is a never ending circle of bitterness in the borough of Brooklyn?
Explain and describe the vicious circle that he feels exists for Brooklyn's residents.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)