|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he buy with the unions money?
2. What does Mike like to prove to the rest of his friends?
3. What color is Vinnie's son's hair?
4. When Harry's wife questions where he is when he is not at home, what does Harry do?
5. Why does Tralala begin to give her body to anyone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Selby think there is a never ending circle of bitterness in the borough of Brooklyn?
Explain and describe the vicious circle that he feels exists for Brooklyn's residents.
Essay Topic 2
Selby is convinced that violence only happens in Brooklyn for two reasons. Name them.
Then, give two examples of how these two reasons caused violence in the book.
Do you agree with Selby's assertions? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do Selby's characters view marriage?
How do they view sex?
To these characters, why can't their marriages also invoice sex?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)