|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike like to do with his time?
2. Why does Tralala become angry with Al and Tony after the robbery?
3. What big purchase does he make to impress his friends and women?
4. Who is the first transvestite that Harry takes an interest in?
5. As the strike continues, what happens to the workers' feelings about the strike?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harry excited for the upcoming strike?
2. When Harry no longer has an outlet for his repressed sexual feelings, what does he do?
3. What is Tralala unable to show to the sailor, Doggie?
4. Why does Irene enjoy going to work?
5. Why does Mike refuse to go along with his wife's requests in the morning?
6. What is Harry's job occupation?
7. As a result of her time in Times Square, what does she begin to do?
8. How does Harry pay for his actions?
9. What does Lucy fear about her children playing in the laundromat?
10. How does Tralala differentiate herself from other women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the hipsters and sailors so different from one another?
How does Selby show that different groups can work together to create unreasonable violence?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Harry never punished for the corruption that he causes at the union?
Describe how he weasels out of any sort of punishment.
Essay Topic 3
How does Suzie's baby change Tommy's life?
Does Tommy seem like a person that will do what is right to protect his wife and child?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)