Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the manager at the steel mill?
2. Who goes out with Mike for drinks and then to pick up women?
3. During the strike, what will the union members receive every week?
4. How does Ada act as though nothing in her life has changed?
5. What is her plan with her friends?
Essay Topic 1
Why are the hipsters and sailors so different from one another?
How does Selby show that different groups can work together to create unreasonable violence?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters use sex in different ways.
What characters use sex for money or to get ahead in their lives?
Which characters are denied sex?
Which characters partake in many sexual experiences to escape from their boring lives?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ada symbolize innocence?
How do children in the novel symbolize innocence?
How does Ada symbolize childhood?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)