|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first transvestite that Harry takes an interest in?
2. When Harry treats Tralala like a lady, how does she act in return?
3. What is Harry's job when the union goes on strike?
4. Who would Abe like to have a sexual relationship with?
5. After having sex with his wife, what does Harry do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Selby think there is a never ending circle of bitterness in the borough of Brooklyn?
Explain and describe the vicious circle that he feels exists for Brooklyn's residents.
Essay Topic 2
How do Selby's characters view marriage?
How do they view sex?
To these characters, why can't their marriages also invoice sex?
Essay Topic 3
Selby is convinced that violence only happens in Brooklyn for two reasons. Name them.
Then, give two examples of how these two reasons caused violence in the book.
Do you agree with Selby's assertions? Why or why not?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)