|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike like to do after his wife gets home?
2. What does this provoke Vinnie to do?
3. Who do Abe and Nancy choose to take their bitterness out on?
4. Who would Abe like to have a sexual relationship with?
5. What is a coda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mike insist on making his wife's life very difficult?
2. When Harry no longer has an outlet for his repressed sexual feelings, what does he do?
3. What does Lucy feel she has little control over?
4. What does Harry buy with a lot of the money?
5. Why does Irene enjoy going to work?
6. What scam does Tralala run on many men that come into Greeks?
7. How does Tralala differentiate herself from other women?
8. Why does Mike refuse to go along with his wife's requests in the morning?
9. When Tralala meets Harry, what does she suddenly feel?
10. Why does Vinnie decide to tease Harry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in the novel are looking for an escape. How are the following things an escape to these boring life events:
Essay Topic 2
Selby is convinced that violence only happens in Brooklyn for two reasons. Name them.
Then, give two examples of how these two reasons caused violence in the book.
Do you agree with Selby's assertions? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ada symbolize innocence?
How do children in the novel symbolize innocence?
How does Ada symbolize childhood?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)