|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada's character represent?
2. Why is this action an odd thing for Ada to do?
3. What does Tralala normally do at Greeks?
4. Why does Tralala become angry with Al and Tony after the robbery?
5. Who does Lucy wish that her children would stop playing with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harry upset when the strike finally comes to an end?
2. Why is Harry excited for the upcoming strike?
3. What scam does Tralala run on many men that come into Greeks?
4. Why does Mike insist on making his wife's life very difficult?
5. What does Lucy fear about her children playing in the laundromat?
6. When Harry sees his son in the bath, what does he do?
7. How does Tralala feel about the note Harry leaves behind?
8. Why does Tralala get physical with the sailor Doggie?
9. When Harry no longer has an outlet for his repressed sexual feelings, what does he do?
10. When Abe goes to the barber shop, what does he like to gloat about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters attempt to suppress their true selves. Discuss how the following characters try to suppress their real feelings and end up paying the consequences for doing so:
Essay Topic 2
What characters are constantly faced with temptation?
Is temptation an excuse to act however you would like?
Name any character that is able to fight temptation.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Harry never punished for the corruption that he causes at the union?
Describe how he weasels out of any sort of punishment.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)