|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Al and Tony try to rob money from?
2. What makes the foremen angry with Harry?
3. As she talks to a soldier named Doggie, she gets bored and does what?
4. What completely outrages Tralala as she goes from bar to bar?
5. During the strike, what will the union members receive every week?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a result of her time in Times Square, what does she begin to do?
2. Why does Mike refuse to go along with his wife's requests in the morning?
3. When Abe goes to the barber shop, what does he like to gloat about?
4. Why does Vinnie decide to tease Harry?
5. How does Tralala's story end?
6. What does Lucy feel she has little control over?
7. Why is Tralala angry when Harry leaves?
8. Why does Lucy get very angry at her husband?
9. Why is Harry upset when the strike finally comes to an end?
10. What scam does Tralala run on many men that come into Greeks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Suzie's baby change Tommy's life?
Does Tommy seem like a person that will do what is right to protect his wife and child?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters use sex in different ways.
What characters use sex for money or to get ahead in their lives?
Which characters are denied sex?
Which characters partake in many sexual experiences to escape from their boring lives?
Essay Topic 3
Selby writes Last Exit to Brooklyn like a collection of stories.
Is this effective to his storytelling?
Would it have been more effective to have the entire novel work as one cohesive unit?
Explain why or why not?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)