|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tralala expecting from Harry when they leave one another?
2. Who do Al and Tony try to rob money from?
3. Why is this action an odd thing for Ada to do?
4. Who do Abe and Nancy choose to take their bitterness out on?
5. Why does Lucy get very upset by Louis after finding feces in their elevator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tralala get physical with the sailor Doggie?
2. When Abe goes to the barber shop, what does he like to gloat about?
3. Why is Harry upset when the strike finally comes to an end?
4. When Harry sees his son in the bath, what does he do?
5. Why does Irene enjoy going to work?
6. When Tralala meets Harry, what does she suddenly feel?
7. Why does Vinnie decide to tease Harry?
8. What makes Harry very happy after meeting a couple of drag queens?
9. What scam does Tralala run on many men that come into Greeks?
10. How does Tralala differentiate herself from other women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nancy exerts her own sexual desires and wants by masturbating. What other female characters exert their own sexuality in a way that does not exploit their bodies for money?
Why would Tralala insist that she knows how to assert her own sexual agency?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in the novel are looking for an escape. How are the following things an escape to these boring life events:
Essay Topic 3
What characters are constantly faced with temptation?
Is temptation an excuse to act however you would like?
Name any character that is able to fight temptation.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)