|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doggie go after Tralala outside?
2. How does Harry feel about his wife?
3. What does Tralala normally do at Greeks?
4. When Doggie attacks Tralala, who comes to help her?
5. Is Mike able to provide for his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harry excited for the upcoming strike?
2. While Abe goes out with a woman named Lucy, what does Nancy do?
3. Why does Mike refuse to go along with his wife's requests in the morning?
4. How does Tralala's story end?
5. What scam does Tralala run on many men that come into Greeks?
6. What is Tralala unable to show to the sailor, Doggie?
7. When Harry sees his son in the bath, what does he do?
8. What does Ada spend most of her life doing and what do people in Brooklyn feel about her?
9. How does Tralala feel about the note Harry leaves behind?
10. Why is Harry upset when the strike finally comes to an end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the hipsters and sailors so different from one another?
How does Selby show that different groups can work together to create unreasonable violence?
Essay Topic 2
It was very difficult to be homosexual in the 1950s.
How does Georgie try to defy opposition to live her life the way she wants to live it?
On the other hand, how does Georgie isolate herself for the life she lives?
Essay Topic 3
Several characters attempt to suppress their true selves. Discuss how the following characters try to suppress their real feelings and end up paying the consequences for doing so:
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)