|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tralala pick Harry up from?
2. What does Tralala normally do at Greeks?
3. What other memories haunt Ada?
4. Why does Harry's new girlfriend want to break up with him?
5. Why is this action an odd thing for Ada to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tralala feel about the note Harry leaves behind?
2. As Tralala wanders around Times Square, why does she get upset?
3. Why is Tralala angry when Harry leaves?
4. What makes Harry very happy after meeting a couple of drag queens?
5. When Abe goes to the barber shop, what does he like to gloat about?
6. As a result of her time in Times Square, what does she begin to do?
7. Why does Mike refuse to go along with his wife's requests in the morning?
8. When Harry no longer has an outlet for his repressed sexual feelings, what does he do?
9. Why does Irene enjoy going to work?
10. How does Tralala's story end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Selby is convinced that violence only happens in Brooklyn for two reasons. Name them.
Then, give two examples of how these two reasons caused violence in the book.
Do you agree with Selby's assertions? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What characters are constantly faced with temptation?
Is temptation an excuse to act however you would like?
Name any character that is able to fight temptation.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Tralala push any man that tries to get close to her away?
Is it difficult for her to trust men because of her past and childhood?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)