|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tralala express all of her needs?
2. Why does Tralala become angry with Al and Tony after the robbery?
3. What is the name of the bar?
4. Why does Lucy get very upset by Louis after finding feces in their elevator?
5. What does Mike like to do with his time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What time does Harry hate spending with his wife?
2. Why is Tralala angry when Harry leaves?
3. What does Ada spend most of her life doing and what do people in Brooklyn feel about her?
4. As a result of her time in Times Square, what does she begin to do?
5. What does Lucy feel she has little control over?
6. When Harry sees his son in the bath, what does he do?
7. Why does Mike refuse to go along with his wife's requests in the morning?
8. What does Harry buy with a lot of the money?
9. Why does Mike insist on making his wife's life very difficult?
10. What does Lucy fear about her children playing in the laundromat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters use sex in different ways.
What characters use sex for money or to get ahead in their lives?
Which characters are denied sex?
Which characters partake in many sexual experiences to escape from their boring lives?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ada symbolize innocence?
How do children in the novel symbolize innocence?
How does Ada symbolize childhood?
Essay Topic 3
Several characters attempt to suppress their true selves. Discuss how the following characters try to suppress their real feelings and end up paying the consequences for doing so:
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)