|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the other men are out on the picket line, what is Harry doing?
2. Because she is not getting any attention from sailors in Times Square, what does Tralala do?
3. What is a coda?
4. How do the superiors react to Harry as a union rep?
5. Harry begins to ask about the transvestites that sometimes hang around Greeks. As Harry begins to question the others what does Vinnie realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Irene enjoy going to work?
2. As Tralala wanders around Times Square, why does she get upset?
3. What does Lucy fear about her children playing in the laundromat?
4. What time does Harry hate spending with his wife?
5. While Abe goes out with a woman named Lucy, what does Nancy do?
6. When Tralala meets Harry, what does she suddenly feel?
7. Why does Lucy get very angry at her husband?
8. Why is Harry excited for the upcoming strike?
9. When Harry no longer has an outlet for his repressed sexual feelings, what does he do?
10. What is Tralala unable to show to the sailor, Doggie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nancy exerts her own sexual desires and wants by masturbating. What other female characters exert their own sexuality in a way that does not exploit their bodies for money?
Why would Tralala insist that she knows how to assert her own sexual agency?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in the novel are looking for an escape. How are the following things an escape to these boring life events:
Essay Topic 3
Why is Harry never punished for the corruption that he causes at the union?
Describe how he weasels out of any sort of punishment.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)