|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the owner of the bar address Freddie and his group as "Sir"?
2. What do the sailors view the hipsters as?
3. Why doesn't Georgie want to go home?
4. At the wedding celebration, who makes him or herself well known to everyone at the party?
5. What does the author think that Georgie and her mother's relationship is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vinnie allow his friends to throw knives at Georgie?
2. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
3. Why is Harry upset when the strike finally comes to an end?
4. What are causes of senseless acts of violence?
5. When the police stop the fight, why does Freddie claim he attacked the solider?
6. How does her family react?
7. How does Tralala differentiate herself from other women?
8. Why does Lucy get very angry at her husband?
9. Why is Tralala angry when Harry leaves?
10. Explain the game of mum that the hipsters play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters have the chance to express mercy towards others, but fail. Discuss how each of the following characters is unable to show mercy:
Essay Topic 2
It seems as though many characters do not respect their partners. Analyze each of the following couples and explain how they do or do not have a healthy, trusting, respectful relationship:
Mike and Irene
Abe and Nancy
Tommy and Suzie
Essay Topic 3
Why does Tralala push any man that tries to get close to her away?
Is it difficult for her to trust men because of her past and childhood?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)