|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Suzie's father consider concerning his daughter's pregnancy?
2. How do Freddie and the gang leave the sailor?
3. What is wrong with Suzy's father?
4. Ultimately, what does it seem that Tommy gives into?
5. After the party has gotten out of control, where must everyone relocate to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Georgie use drugs?
2. Why does Vinnie allow his friends to throw knives at Georgie?
3. What are causes of senseless acts of violence?
4. How do their lives change early on in the story?
5. Why does Georgie sleep with Harry?
6. The hipsters cannot get a lot of respect from the other sailors and the bar owner. Why is this?
7. Explain the game of mum that the hipsters play?
8. How does her family react?
9. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
10. When Spook announces he has obtained an old police motorbike, how do the party guests react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Selby's characters view marriage?
How do they view sex?
To these characters, why can't their marriages also invoice sex?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in the novel are looking for an escape. How are the following things an escape to these boring life events:
Essay Topic 3
It was very difficult to be homosexual in the 1950s.
How does Georgie try to defy opposition to live her life the way she wants to live it?
On the other hand, how does Georgie isolate herself for the life she lives?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)