|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Tommy and Spook often meet?
2. Why do the others laugh at Spook's bike?
3. Why is Georgie different from many people around her?
4. At the wedding celebration, who makes him or herself well known to everyone at the party?
5. What really ends up happening to Tommy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Spook want more than anything?
2. Who will not return Georgie's feelings?
3. What are causes of senseless acts of violence?
4. What causes Freddie and his friends to chase after the sailors?
5. Why does Vinnie allow his friends to throw knives at Georgie?
6. Why does Georgie use drugs?
7. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
8. As the reader begins Baby Makes Three, what kind of story do they assume this to be?
9. When the police stop the fight, why does Freddie claim he attacked the solider?
10. Explain Selby's writing style as the fight between Freddie and Rosie begins.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Tralala push any man that tries to get close to her away?
Is it difficult for her to trust men because of her past and childhood?
Essay Topic 2
How do Selby's characters view marriage?
How do they view sex?
To these characters, why can't their marriages also invoice sex?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters use sex in different ways.
What characters use sex for money or to get ahead in their lives?
Which characters are denied sex?
Which characters partake in many sexual experiences to escape from their boring lives?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)