|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To help his daughter what does Suzy's father do?
2. What does Brooklyn show it can have?
3. How does Shelby write the fight scenes?
4. How does Georgie feel about her lifestyle?
5. Why was Vinnie given so many chances to lead a good, criminal free life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Georgie use drugs?
2. What are causes of senseless acts of violence?
3. Explain the game of mum that the hipsters play?
4. What makes the group of hipsters finally decide to stop beating one another up?
5. Why does Georgie sleep with Harry?
6. How does Georgie's lifestyle isolated him from others?
7. What has Georgie struggled to find for most of his life?
8. Who will not return Georgie's feelings?
9. What is the moral significance to this story?
10. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It was very difficult to be homosexual in the 1950s.
How does Georgie try to defy opposition to live her life the way she wants to live it?
On the other hand, how does Georgie isolate herself for the life she lives?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Tralala push any man that tries to get close to her away?
Is it difficult for her to trust men because of her past and childhood?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ada symbolize innocence?
How do children in the novel symbolize innocence?
How does Ada symbolize childhood?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)