|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the night, where does Suzy go?
2. How do Freddie and the gang leave the sailor?
3. What do the hippies think of the music that the sailors play?
4. What do the regulars at Greeks bar do to Spook?
5. Why is Georgie different from many people around her?
Short Essay Questions
1. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
2. What causes Freddie and his friends to chase after the sailors?
3. Why does Georgie sleep with Harry?
4. As the reader begins Baby Makes Three, what kind of story do they assume this to be?
5. How does her family react?
6. The hipsters cannot get a lot of respect from the other sailors and the bar owner. Why is this?
7. Who does not accept Georgie?
8. How is Georgie self destructive?
9. Where does Georgie live?
10. At the end of the story, what does the party end up being?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Suzie's baby change Tommy's life?
Does Tommy seem like a person that will do what is right to protect his wife and child?
Essay Topic 2
Why are the hipsters and sailors so different from one another?
How does Selby show that different groups can work together to create unreasonable violence?
Essay Topic 3
It seems as though many characters do not respect their partners. Analyze each of the following couples and explain how they do or do not have a healthy, trusting, respectful relationship:
Mike and Irene
Abe and Nancy
Tommy and Suzie
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)