|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best description for the end of this story?
2. Why was Vinnie given so many chances to lead a good, criminal free life?
3. What do the hipsters do in this situation?
4. What does Brooklyn show it can have?
5. How would people describe the ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tommy and Suzie enjoy doing the most?
2. How is Georgie self destructive?
3. What has Georgie struggled to find for most of his life?
4. What is the moral significance to this story?
5. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
6. On the same day as the wedding, what else occurs?
7. How does Georgie's lifestyle isolated him from others?
8. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
9. What does this story reveal about Brooklyn residents?
10. Explain the game of mum that the hipsters play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nancy exerts her own sexual desires and wants by masturbating. What other female characters exert their own sexuality in a way that does not exploit their bodies for money?
Why would Tralala insist that she knows how to assert her own sexual agency?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in the novel are looking for an escape. How are the following things an escape to these boring life events:
Essay Topic 3
Several characters have the chance to express mercy towards others, but fail. Discuss how each of the following characters is unable to show mercy:
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)