|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tommy's true intentions for the end of the night?
2. How does Georgie feel about her lifestyle?
3. At the bike shops, what does Spook often do?
4. At home, how does Georgie's mother feel about Georgie's life choices?
5. What do Vinnie's friends do?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the same day as the wedding, what else occurs?
2. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
3. Why does Georgie sleep with Harry?
4. At the end of the story, what does the party end up being?
5. What does Spook want more than anything?
6. How does her family react?
7. When the police stop the fight, why does Freddie claim he attacked the solider?
8. Why does Vinnie allow his friends to throw knives at Georgie?
9. What are causes of senseless acts of violence?
10. Where does Georgie live?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the hipsters and sailors so different from one another?
How does Selby show that different groups can work together to create unreasonable violence?
Essay Topic 2
Nancy exerts her own sexual desires and wants by masturbating. What other female characters exert their own sexuality in a way that does not exploit their bodies for money?
Why would Tralala insist that she knows how to assert her own sexual agency?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the female characters in the book are prostitutes.
Why are so many characters prostitutes and not women who work long hours at other jobs?
What does this say about Selby's view of women?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)