Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Outside of Greeks one night, Georgie tries to describe her feelings for Vinnie. What does Vinnie do?
2. What do Suzie and Tommy end up having?
3. What do the hipsters become scared of?
4. How does he react to the news?
5. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vinnie decide to tease Harry?
2. How does Georgie's lifestyle isolated him from others?
3. What is interesting about Georgie and her mother's relationship?
4. How is Georgie self destructive?
5. What makes the group of hipsters finally decide to stop beating one another up?
6. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
7. What is the moral significance to this story?
8. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
9. Why does Georgie use drugs?
10. Who does not accept Georgie?
Many characters in the novel are looking for an escape. How are the following things an escape to these boring life events:
Nancy exerts her own sexual desires and wants by masturbating. What other female characters exert their own sexuality in a way that does not exploit their bodies for money?
Why would Tralala insist that she knows how to assert her own sexual agency?
Selby writes Last Exit to Brooklyn like a collection of stories.
Is this effective to his storytelling?
Would it have been more effective to have the entire novel work as one cohesive unit?
Explain why or why not?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)