|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who backs up the story?
2. How does Georgie feel about her lifestyle?
3. What do the hipsters do in this situation?
4. When did he finally go into a correctional institution?
5. Why does this person say she will never get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the same day as the wedding, what else occurs?
2. The hipsters cannot get a lot of respect from the other sailors and the bar owner. Why is this?
3. As the reader begins Baby Makes Three, what kind of story do they assume this to be?
4. What causes Freddie and his friends to chase after the sailors?
5. How do their lives change early on in the story?
6. What are causes of senseless acts of violence?
7. What does this story reveal about Brooklyn residents?
8. Explain Selby's writing style as the fight between Freddie and Rosie begins.
9. How does her family react?
10. Who will not return Georgie's feelings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What characters are constantly faced with temptation?
Is temptation an excuse to act however you would like?
Name any character that is able to fight temptation.
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in the novel are looking for an escape. How are the following things an escape to these boring life events:
Essay Topic 3
Why is Harry never punished for the corruption that he causes at the union?
Describe how he weasels out of any sort of punishment.
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)