|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Outside of Greeks one night, Georgie tries to describe her feelings for Vinnie. What does Vinnie do?
2. What do Suzie and Tommy end up having?
3. What do the hipsters become scared of?
4. How does he react to the news?
5. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vinnie decide to tease Harry?
2. How does Georgie's lifestyle isolated him from others?
3. What is interesting about Georgie and her mother's relationship?
4. How is Georgie self destructive?
5. What makes the group of hipsters finally decide to stop beating one another up?
6. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
7. What is the moral significance to this story?
8. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
9. Why does Georgie use drugs?
10. Who does not accept Georgie?
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in the novel are looking for an escape. How are the following things an escape to these boring life events:
Essay Topic 2
It seems as though many characters do not respect their partners. Analyze each of the following couples and explain how they do or do not have a healthy, trusting, respectful relationship:
Mike and Irene
Abe and Nancy
Tommy and Suzie
Essay Topic 3
What characters are constantly faced with temptation?
Is temptation an excuse to act however you would like?
Name any character that is able to fight temptation.
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)