|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the foremen angry with Harry?
(a) Harry refuses to pull his weight.
(b) He does not listen to his supervisors.
(c) Harry forces everyone to go on strike.
(d) A new worker has been put on a steel cutting job and Harry objects.
2. Why does Tralala become angry with Al and Tony after the robbery?
(a) They had told her they only got a couple hundred dollars from the robbery.
(b) She cannot believe they got caught.
(c) She is mad they were stupid enough to steal from a bookie.
(d) She is furious they blamed her.
3. Who do Abe and Nancy choose to take their bitterness out on?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their nieghbors.
(c) Their innocent daughter.
(d) The people they work with.
4. Why does Tralala begin to give her body to anyone?
(a) She wants to fufill her sexual desires.
(b) She wants to discover what she had with her officer.
(c) She is heartbroken when her officer leaves and cannot go on.
(d) She wishes to look better than the other girls.
5. Why does Doggie go after Tralala outside?
(a) He wants to attack her outside.
(b) He thinks she will have sex with him outside.
(c) Because she stole his wallet.
(d) Because she made an impression on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harry feel about his wife?
2. What do Vinnie and Mary fight about concerning their son?
3. Why does Lucy get very upset by Louis after finding feces in their elevator?
4. Who is the first transvestite that Harry takes an interest in?
5. What keeps Vinnie and Mary's neighbors up at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tralala feel about the note Harry leaves behind?
2. Why did Vinnie and Mary decide to get married?
3. Why does Irene enjoy going to work?
4. What is Tralala unable to show to the sailor, Doggie?
5. Why is Harry excited for the upcoming strike?
6. When Abe goes to the barber shop, what does he like to gloat about?
7. How does Harry pay for his actions?
8. As Tralala wanders around Times Square, why does she get upset?
9. Why is Harry upset when the strike finally comes to an end?
10. What does Lucy fear about her children playing in the laundromat?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)