|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry works at the steel mill, but enjoys this position also.
(a) He is a union representative.
(b) He is the party planner at work.
(c) He is his bosses' favorite employee.
(d) He works at a grocery store.
2. What could the reader assume the stories are about?
(a) Focuses on male dominance in American society in the fifties.
(b) Focuses on female fight.
(c) The lives of the children in these neighborhoods.
(d) This small community.
3. Harry begins to forget his problems at home and at his job and begins to ___________.
(a) Not go into work.
(b) Begin spending the union's money.
(c) Slips more into a comatose state.
(d) Sleep on the couch and not with his wife.
4. Why does Tralala become angry with Al and Tony after the robbery?
(a) They had told her they only got a couple hundred dollars from the robbery.
(b) She is furious they blamed her.
(c) She is mad they were stupid enough to steal from a bookie.
(d) She cannot believe they got caught.
5. What does Tralala normally do at Greeks?
(a) She steals money to make it by in life.
(b) She picks up men and then steals their money.
(c) She seduces men in the hopes they will marry her.
(d) She picks up men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry's new girlfriend want to break up with him?
2. What keeps Vinnie and Mary's neighbors up at night?
3. Why is this action an odd thing for Ada to do?
4. How do all of the characters seem to feel at the end of the novel?
5. When the men are done with Tralala what do they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ada spend most of her life doing and what do people in Brooklyn feel about her?
2. Why does Lucy get very angry at her husband?
3. Why does Vinnie decide to tease Harry?
4. Why does Tralala get physical with the sailor Doggie?
5. What is Harry's job occupation?
6. What scam does Tralala run on many men that come into Greeks?
7. How does Tralala's story end?
8. Why did Vinnie and Mary decide to get married?
9. What makes Harry very happy after meeting a couple of drag queens?
10. Why does Mike refuse to go along with his wife's requests in the morning?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)