|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Harry beaten up by Vinnie in his gang?
(a) Harry is caught with Vinnie's girl.
(b) Harry tries to beat Vinnie up.
(c) Harry tried to molest a young boy.
(d) Harry offends Vinnie's gang.
2. What does he buy with the unions money?
(a) Friends to hang out with.
3. What other memories haunt Ada?
(a) The car accident that killed her husband.
(b) Her son's death by another person.
(c) Her family's fight for control over her life.
(d) Playing with her son Ira who died in WWII.
4. Who do Al and Tony try to rob money from?
(a) A business owner.
(b) A bookie.
(c) A mob boss.
(d) A teacher.
5. Because she is not getting any attention from sailors in Times Square, what does Tralala do?
(a) Promises to have sex with anyone.
(b) Walks into a bar and shows her breasts to all the men present.
(c) Walks into the bar with no pants on.
(d) Wears a very revealing outfit.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harry treats Tralala like a lady, how does she act in return?
2. Why is this action an odd thing for Ada to do?
3. What does Mike like to prove to the rest of his friends?
4. What does Ada's character represent?
5. What is the name of the manager at the steel mill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry pay for his actions?
2. As Tralala wanders around Times Square, why does she get upset?
3. When Harry no longer has an outlet for his repressed sexual feelings, what does he do?
4. What does Lucy fear about her children playing in the laundromat?
5. Why does Lucy get very angry at her husband?
6. How does Tralala's story end?
7. What does Harry buy with a lot of the money?
8. Why is Harry upset when the strike finally comes to an end?
9. When Harry sees his son in the bath, what does he do?
10. When Tralala meets Harry, what does she suddenly feel?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)