|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a week of looking, Tralala becomes very unhappy. What doesn't she realize?
(a) Who is taking advantage of her.
(b) How she can change her life.
(c) Who she is sleeping with or why she is sleeping with them.
(d) That people are talking about her.
2. Whenever Abe comes home after a long night of drinking, how does he interact with his family?
(a) He falls alseep as they try to share their day.
(b) He tells them drunkenly how much he loves them.
(c) He screams at them.
(d) He sneaks in hoping they won't notice.
3. When the men are done with Tralala what do they do?
(a) They take her back to their house.
(b) They leave her alone and bleeding in a car outside.
(c) They take her out for dinner.
(d) Leave her at a hospital.
4. After months of violence, a fight finally breaks out on the picket lines. What do the police do to keep people in check?
(a) The police hose the fighting men down.
(b) The police side with the union workers.
(c) The union workers charge against the truck drivers and police intervene.
(d) The union workers turn on the police.
5. Because she is not getting any attention from sailors in Times Square, what does Tralala do?
(a) Wears a very revealing outfit.
(b) Promises to have sex with anyone.
(c) Walks into the bar with no pants on.
(d) Walks into a bar and shows her breasts to all the men present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some characters like Lucy strive to achieve?
2. What is Tralala's main concern?
3. Why do all the men in the bar decide to leave?
4. What does this particular story examine?
5. When Harry treats Tralala like a lady, how does she act in return?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tralala feel about the note Harry leaves behind?
2. As Tralala wanders around Times Square, why does she get upset?
3. What does Ada spend most of her life doing and what do people in Brooklyn feel about her?
4. How does Harry pay for his actions?
5. When Harry sees his son in the bath, what does he do?
6. What is Harry's job occupation?
7. While Abe goes out with a woman named Lucy, what does Nancy do?
8. As a result of her time in Times Square, what does she begin to do?
9. Why is Harry upset when the strike finally comes to an end?
10. What does Harry buy with a lot of the money?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)