|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do all of the characters seem to feel at the end of the novel?
(a) Saddened by the turn of events.
(b) Angry with the lot they have in life.
(c) Sacred with what life has to offer.
(d) Bitter because how they have been treated by the world.
2. Why does Tralala begin to give her body to anyone?
(a) She wishes to look better than the other girls.
(b) She wants to fufill her sexual desires.
(c) She is heartbroken when her officer leaves and cannot go on.
(d) She wants to discover what she had with her officer.
3. Where does Tralala pick Harry up from?
(b) Brooklyn Hieghts.
(c) Times Square.
4. Why is Harry beaten up by Vinnie in his gang?
(a) Harry offends Vinnie's gang.
(b) Harry tries to beat Vinnie up.
(c) Harry is caught with Vinnie's girl.
(d) Harry tried to molest a young boy.
5. What does Doggie beg of Tralala?
(a) To be his girlfriend because he is madly in love.
(b) His ID card so that he can get back to the naval base.
(c) TO have sex with him because he is a virgin.
(d) His money so he can take a cab home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this particular story examine?
2. When the men are done with Tralala what do they do?
3. Because she is not getting any attention from sailors in Times Square, what does Tralala do?
4. After having sex with his wife, what does Harry do?
5. Who do Al and Tony try to rob money from?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Harry no longer has an outlet for his repressed sexual feelings, what does he do?
2. What does Lucy fear about her children playing in the laundromat?
3. What is Tralala unable to show to the sailor, Doggie?
4. Why does Vinnie decide to tease Harry?
5. How does Harry pay for his actions?
6. What does Ada spend most of her life doing and what do people in Brooklyn feel about her?
7. What scam does Tralala run on many men that come into Greeks?
8. What does Lucy feel she has little control over?
9. Why does Irene enjoy going to work?
10. As a result of her time in Times Square, what does she begin to do?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)