|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this action an odd thing for Ada to do?
(a) She has not seen her husband in years.
(b) Her husband is dead.
(c) Her husaband has left her for another woman.
(d) Her husband hates her.
2. What is Abe's concern over his wife and kids needs?
(a) His own needs.
(b) Getting a new job.
(c) Doing improvements on his car.
(d) Impressing a new woman he met at a bar.
3. What does Ada's character represent?
4. What is Harry's job when the union goes on strike?
(a) To make sure the entire staff does not work.
(b) Run the union shop and organize pickets.
(c) To get the union on the same side.
(d) He gets to walk around and hand out information.
5. Who does Lucy wish that her children would stop playing with?
(a) The Irish children.
(b) The Black children.
(c) The Mexican children.
(d) The Hispanic children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harry invite Vinnie, Sal and Malfie to go with him?
2. Who goes out with Mike for drinks and then to pick up women?
3. Tralala goes to a bar in Times Square. When she sees this prostitute with a lot of men she feels angry.
4. What do Vinnie and Mary fight about concerning their son?
5. How does Ada act as though nothing in her life has changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Abe goes to the barber shop, what does he like to gloat about?
2. Why did Vinnie and Mary decide to get married?
3. What does Lucy fear about her children playing in the laundromat?
4. Why is Tralala angry when Harry leaves?
5. Why does Mike insist on making his wife's life very difficult?
6. Why is Harry upset when the strike finally comes to an end?
7. How does Harry pay for his actions?
8. Why does Tralala get physical with the sailor Doggie?
9. Why is Harry excited for the upcoming strike?
10. What is Harry's job occupation?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)