|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Georgie different from many people around her?
(a) She looks like a man.
(b) She is a transvestite.
(c) She is a homosexual transvestite.
(d) She is gay.
2. What does Tommy really enjoy doing?
(a) Going for rides on his motorbike with Suzy.
(b) Having a drink with friends.
(c) Going to work.
(d) Working on his bike.
3. How does he react to the news?
(a) He hates her decisions.
(b) He is overcome with sadness.
(c) He is angry but then happy he has a grandson.
(d) He wants to be at the wedding.
4. What does Brooklyn show it can have?
(a) A healthy community.
(b) An escape for residents.
(c) A community spirit.
(d) Fun in the community.
5. What do the hippies think of the music that the sailors play?
(a) They hate the sailors but like their music.
(b) They like the music and the sailors.
(c) They enjoy it.
(d) They think it is very "square."
Short Answer Questions
1. What could have stopped Tommy from making a bad decision?
2. What do the hipsters try to clean Georgie's wound with?
3. When this group runs out of things to talk about, what do they end up doing?
4. What doesn't Suzie's father consider concerning his daughter's pregnancy?
5. What does the reader think would have happened to the solider, had a police officer not stopped the beating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Georgie sleep with Harry?
2. Who will not return Georgie's feelings?
3. What does the reader soon realize about the story?
4. What do Tommy and Suzie enjoy doing the most?
5. Why does Georgie use drugs?
6. How does Georgie's lifestyle isolated him from others?
7. What does Spook want more than anything?
8. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
9. As the reader begins Baby Makes Three, what kind of story do they assume this to be?
10. How does her family react?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)