|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hipsters view the sailors as?
(a) Redneck idiots.
(b) Rednecks and squares.
2. What does Tommy really enjoy doing?
(a) Going for rides on his motorbike with Suzy.
(b) Having a drink with friends.
(c) Going to work.
(d) Working on his bike.
3. Once Georgie gets to this place, what are most of the people complaining about?
(a) They (the drag queens) are sad that there are no men there to flirt with.
(b) That there are so many drag queen prostitutes.
(c) They have mostly run out of drugs.
(d) They have run out of alcohol.
4. What does Brooklyn show it can have?
(a) An escape for residents.
(b) A healthy community.
(c) Fun in the community.
(d) A community spirit.
5. What do the hipsters do in this situation?
(a) They get excited and wait to attack.
(b) They choose to go back to the bar.
(c) They chase everyone with their cars.
(d) They back down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Georgie failing to address about her life and her true feelings?
2. Why is Georgie obsessed with Vinnie?
3. At the end of the night, where does Suzy go?
4. After the party has gotten out of control, where must everyone relocate to?
5. How does Georgie isolate herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the story, what does the party end up being?
2. When Spook announces he has obtained an old police motorbike, how do the party guests react?
3. How is Georgie self destructive?
4. What makes the group of hipsters finally decide to stop beating one another up?
5. Why does Georgie use drugs?
6. Who will not return Georgie's feelings?
7. On the same day as the wedding, what else occurs?
8. What is the moral significance to this story?
9. What is interesting about Georgie and her mother's relationship?
10. What does the reader soon realize about the story?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)