|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would people describe the ceremony?
(c) Lacking emotion.
2. Ultimately, what does it seem that Tommy gives into?
(c) A dare.
(d) Peer pressure.
3. Where is the ceremony performed?
(a) Grand Hall.
(b) Borough Hall.
(d) At Murphy's Hall.
4. At this new location, how do all the men begin to feel about the transvestites?
(a) They see them as more attractive.
(b) Extremely attracted.
(c) They want women instead of drag queens.
(d) They do not care either way about them.
5. What doesn't Suzie's father consider concerning his daughter's pregnancy?
(a) Throwing her out of the house.
(b) Punishing her for getting pregnant.
(c) Punishing Tommy for being pregnant.
(d) Adopting the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Georgie call to come to the party that has begun?
2. What does she hope she can find there?
3. How does Georgie isolate herself?
4. To help his daughter what does Suzy's father do?
5. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the moral significance to this story?
2. What does this story reveal about Brooklyn residents?
3. What is interesting about Georgie and her mother's relationship?
4. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
5. When Spook announces he has obtained an old police motorbike, how do the party guests react?
6. How does Georgie's lifestyle isolated him from others?
7. What are causes of senseless acts of violence?
8. Why does Georgie use drugs?
9. At the end of the story, what does the party end up being?
10. Explain Selby's writing style as the fight between Freddie and Rosie begins.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)