|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Vinnie's friends do?
(a) They try to make Georgie feel better.
(b) Teasing Georgie.
(c) They tell Georgie to leave Vinnie alone.
(d) They begin throwing a knife at Georgie.
2. In the parking lot, what game do the hipsters decide to play?
(a) They play chicken with their cars.
(b) They play a card game called Spades.
(c) They play a game of mum.
(d) They throw the horseshoe around.
3. What are Vinnie and Sal thought to be?
(a) Smart men.
(b) Old men.
(c) Good people.
4. In this story, what does it seem that people do to one another?
(a) They hope to help other's children.
(b) People want to help one another.
(c) They respect all life.
(d) They put each other's lives ahead of others.
5. Who do the sailors think the hipsters sympathize with?
(a) Black people.
(c) Multiracial people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brooklyn show it can have?
2. Why was Vinnie given so many chances to lead a good, criminal free life?
3. What does everyone seem to be doing?
4. How does he react to the news?
5. What does the reader think would have happened to the solider, had a police officer not stopped the beating?
Short Essay Questions
1. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
2. Explain Selby's writing style as the fight between Freddie and Rosie begins.
3. What do Tommy and Suzie enjoy doing the most?
4. Who does not accept Georgie?
5. As the reader begins Baby Makes Three, what kind of story do they assume this to be?
6. Who will not return Georgie's feelings?
7. What does the reader soon realize about the story?
8. On the same day as the wedding, what else occurs?
9. What makes the group of hipsters finally decide to stop beating one another up?
10. Why does Vinnie allow his friends to throw knives at Georgie?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)