|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the parking lot, what game do the hipsters decide to play?
(a) They play a card game called Spades.
(b) They throw the horseshoe around.
(c) They play a game of mum.
(d) They play chicken with their cars.
2. What is Georgie failing to address about her life and her true feelings?
(a) Her urge to be "normal."
(b) Her desire for life.
(c) Her want of a relationship in her life.
(d) Her lonliness.
3. What has Georgie taken that makes her a little numb to the pain?
4. Why is Georgie different from many people around her?
(a) She looks like a man.
(b) She is a transvestite.
(c) She is gay.
(d) She is a homosexual transvestite.
5. Why do Tommy and Spook often meet?
(a) For beer.
(b) To do drug deals.
(c) To talk about motorbikes.
(d) For coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who backs up the story?
2. What does Brooklyn show it can have?
3. What does Rosie ask Freddie for?
4. When Vinnie left prison, how did he feel?
5. How does he react to the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the group of hipsters finally decide to stop beating one another up?
2. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
3. As the reader begins Baby Makes Three, what kind of story do they assume this to be?
4. Where does Georgie live?
5. How do their lives change early on in the story?
6. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
7. What causes Freddie and his friends to chase after the sailors?
8. The hipsters cannot get a lot of respect from the other sailors and the bar owner. Why is this?
9. What does the reader soon realize about the story?
10. At the end of the story, what does the party end up being?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)