|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the others laugh at Spook's bike?
(a) He trips and falls.
(b) He crashes his bike the first day.
(c) Because he is annoying like a little child.
(d) Because it is a police bike it will not last long.
2. How does the first chapter of the book begin?
(a) With a message from the author.
(b) With a quote from the Bible.
(c) Asking the reader for forgiveness.
(d) With an story.
3. What does Spook carry around with him?
(a) A motorbike helmet.
(b) His little black book.
(c) Spare parts for a bike.
(d) His license to drive.
4. At the end of the novel, what does Tommy give in to?
(a) Peer pressure.
(b) His mother's will.
(c) Spook's incompetence.
(d) Suzie's demands.
5. What are Tommy's true intentions for the end of the night?
(a) To spend time with his friends.
(b) To spend some time alone.
(c) To go home with another woman.
(d) To leave and go home to his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ultimately, what does it seem that Tommy gives into?
2. What does Georgie's misery cause her to abuse?
3. When did he finally go into a correctional institution?
4. Georgie waits for her mother to fall asleep so that she can go where?
5. Who do the sailors think the hipsters sympathize with?
Short Essay Questions
1. The hipsters cannot get a lot of respect from the other sailors and the bar owner. Why is this?
2. Why does Georgie use drugs?
3. Explain the game of mum that the hipsters play?
4. Who does not accept Georgie?
5. Where does Georgie live?
6. As the reader begins Baby Makes Three, what kind of story do they assume this to be?
7. How is Georgie self destructive?
8. How does her family react?
9. What has Georgie struggled to find for most of his life?
10. What is the moral significance to this story?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)