Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Outside of Greeks one night, Georgie tries to describe her feelings for Vinnie. What does Vinnie do?
(a) He teases her.
(b) He tells Georgie to get lost.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He tells her he loves her.
2. What do Suzie and Tommy end up having?
(a) Identical twins.
(b) A baby boy.
(c) A girl.
(d) A boy and a girl.
3. What do the hipsters become scared of?
(a) They think Georgie will kill.
(b) They think that Georgie might go to the police.
(c) They think Georgie's brother will kill them.
(d) The cops will hear Georgie screaming.
4. How does he react to the news?
(a) He wants to be at the wedding.
(b) He is angry but then happy he has a grandson.
(c) He hates her decisions.
(d) He is overcome with sadness.
5. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
(d) Lonely in their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first chapter of the book begin?
2. At home, how does Georgie's mother feel about Georgie's life choices?
3. What kind of relationship do Rosie and Freddie have?
4. What does the author think that Georgie and her mother's relationship is?
5. Why is Georgie different from many people around her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vinnie decide to tease Harry?
2. How does Georgie's lifestyle isolated him from others?
3. What is interesting about Georgie and her mother's relationship?
4. How is Georgie self destructive?
5. What makes the group of hipsters finally decide to stop beating one another up?
6. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
7. What is the moral significance to this story?
8. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
9. Why does Georgie use drugs?
10. Who does not accept Georgie?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)