|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Tommy and Spook are supposed to be friends, how is Spook treated?
(a) Very well.
(b) Like a brother.
(d) Like the baby's uncle.
2. Why won't the owner of the bar address Freddie and his group as "Sir"?
(a) He does not respect the unemployed group.
(b) He does not think they value themseleves.
(c) They are always rude to him.
(d) He does not like the hipsters.
3. At home, how does Georgie's mother feel about Georgie's life choices?
(a) She hates Georgie for being gay.
(b) She hates her son for dressing like a woman.
(c) She loves her son, but not the woman he pretends to be.
(d) She still loves Georgie because she is her son no matter what.
4. Ultimately, what does it seem that Tommy gives into?
(a) Peer pressure.
(c) A dare.
5. What does Brooklyn show it can have?
(a) Fun in the community.
(b) An escape for residents.
(c) A community spirit.
(d) A healthy community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar owner at the Greeks?
2. How does the first chapter of the book begin?
3. What do Vinnie's friends do?
4. What is the second reason that people participate in violence?
5. What does this do to Georgie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
2. Explain the game of mum that the hipsters play?
3. What is the moral significance to this story?
4. How does Georgie's lifestyle isolated him from others?
5. When Spook announces he has obtained an old police motorbike, how do the party guests react?
6. Why does Georgie use drugs?
7. How do their lives change early on in the story?
8. Where does Georgie live?
9. Why does Georgie sleep with Harry?
10. The hipsters cannot get a lot of respect from the other sailors and the bar owner. Why is this?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)