|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hipsters try to clean Georgie's wound with?
(b) Liquid Asprin.
(d) Rubbing Alcohol.
2. What starts a fight between the hipsters and the sailors?
(a) Freddie confronts a sailor.
(b) Rosie hits Freddie.
(c) Freddie hits Rosie.
(d) Vinnie hits a sailor.
3. What do the sailors decide to do?
(a) They run away from the fight.
(b) Join the fight.
(c) Get the police.
(d) Go back inside the bar.
4. What does Georgie beg Vinnie to do?
(a) Take her to the hospital.
(b) Kiss her to make things better.
(c) Take her to her friend's house.
(d) To take her home.
5. What do Suzie and Tommy end up having?
(a) A baby boy.
(b) A boy and a girl.
(c) Identical twins.
(d) A girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Freddie and the gang leave the sailor?
2. What does the reader think would have happened to the solider, had a police officer not stopped the beating?
3. What do the hipsters tell the police when they find them beating up a sailor?
4. When this group runs out of things to talk about, what do they end up doing?
5. What is wrong with Suzy's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Georgie self destructive?
2. Who will not return Georgie's feelings?
3. How do their lives change early on in the story?
4. Why does Mike insist on making his wife's life very difficult?
5. What makes Harry very happy after meeting a couple of drag queens?
6. What do Tommy and Suzie enjoy doing the most?
7. What is interesting about Georgie and her mother's relationship?
8. The hipsters cannot get a lot of respect from the other sailors and the bar owner. Why is this?
9. Why does Tralala get physical with the sailor Doggie?
10. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)