|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did he finally go into a correctional institution?
(a) When he was 16 years old.
(b) At 14 years old.
(c) When he was 13 years old.
(d) At 22 years old.
2. Why is Georgie obsessed with Vinnie?
(a) Vinnie has confessed he has feelings for Georgie.
(b) He is sometimes nice to her, so she remembers that.
(c) Vinnie constantly leads Georgie on.
(d) Vinnie is very handsome.
3. What does the reader hope this story will be?
(a) The reader would like Suzie to stand up for herself.
(b) The reader hopes it will be a positive story.
(c) The reader wants Spook to succeed.
(d) The reader wants Tommy to cheat.
4. What is Spook obsessed with?
(d) His job.
5. Once Georgie gets to this place, what are most of the people complaining about?
(a) They have mostly run out of drugs.
(b) They (the drag queens) are sad that there are no men there to flirt with.
(c) That there are so many drag queen prostitutes.
(d) They have run out of alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the night, where does Suzy go?
2. Who does Georgie call to come to the party that has begun?
3. At the end of the novel, what does Tommy give in to?
4. How does Spook react to their laughter?
5. What does Spook like to examine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Georgie sleep with Harry?
2. What is the moral significance to this story?
3. The hipsters cannot get a lot of respect from the other sailors and the bar owner. Why is this?
4. As the reader begins Baby Makes Three, what kind of story do they assume this to be?
5. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
6. What does this story reveal about Brooklyn residents?
7. When the police stop the fight, why does Freddie claim he attacked the solider?
8. What are causes of senseless acts of violence?
9. On the same day as the wedding, what else occurs?
10. What has Georgie struggled to find for most of his life?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)