|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author think that Georgie and her mother's relationship is?
(b) Very strong.
(c) Self destructive.
(d) Too dependent on one another.
2. What seems to happen a lot in the neighborhood in Brooklyn?
(a) The community is very close.
(b) Many men are sent off to war.
(c) Many children are killed.
(d) A lot of senseless violence.
3. What do Suzie and Tommy end up having?
(a) A girl.
(b) Identical twins.
(c) A baby boy.
(d) A boy and a girl.
4. What do the hipsters do in this situation?
(a) They back down.
(b) They choose to go back to the bar.
(c) They chase everyone with their cars.
(d) They get excited and wait to attack.
5. What does the reader hope this story will be?
(a) The reader wants Spook to succeed.
(b) The reader would like Suzie to stand up for herself.
(c) The reader wants Tommy to cheat.
(d) The reader hopes it will be a positive story.
Short Answer Questions
1. At this new location, how do all the men begin to feel about the transvestites?
2. When this group runs out of things to talk about, what do they end up doing?
3. What does the reader wonder about regarding the environment this child will grow up in?
4. What do the hipsters become scared of?
5. Why do the others laugh at Spook's bike?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the story, what does the party end up being?
2. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
3. Why does Georgie sleep with Harry?
4. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
5. What is interesting about Georgie and her mother's relationship?
6. Where does Georgie live?
7. What are causes of senseless acts of violence?
8. As the reader begins Baby Makes Three, what kind of story do they assume this to be?
9. What does Spook want more than anything?
10. Why does Georgie use drugs?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)