|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shelby write the fight scenes?
(a) Rushed tone.
(b) Stream-of-consciousness style.
(c) Harsh and real tone.
(d) in a fast paced manner.
2. What does she hope she can find there?
(a) Some peace.
(b) More alcohol.
(c) Some support from her friends.
(d) More drugs.
3. What do the regulars at Greeks bar do to Spook?
(a) They support him in his aim to become a better person.
(b) Make him run their errands.
(c) They help him study ways to improve his motorbike.
(d) They tease him about his obsessions.
4. Who likes to hang out at the Greeks?
(a) Prostitute, hipsters and sailors.
(b) Prostitutes and sailors.
(c) Hipsters and sailors.
(d) Sailors and hipsters.
5. What do the hipsters do in this situation?
(a) They back down.
(b) They choose to go back to the bar.
(c) They chase everyone with their cars.
(d) They get excited and wait to attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone seem to be doing?
2. What does the author think that Georgie and her mother's relationship is?
3. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
4. Ultimately, what does it seem that Tommy gives into?
5. What is the best description for the end of this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Georgie live?
2. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
3. On the same day as the wedding, what else occurs?
4. What is the moral significance to this story?
5. How do their lives change early on in the story?
6. What does the reader soon realize about the story?
7. Who will not return Georgie's feelings?
8. How is Georgie self destructive?
9. What is interesting about Georgie and her mother's relationship?
10. Who does not accept Georgie?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)