|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone seem to be doing?
(a) Bringing each other down.
(b) Trying to get ahead in life.
(c) Putting their way of life above each other.
(d) Making better lives for themselves.
2. What is wrong with Suzy's father?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He hates his daughter.
(c) He is not around.
(d) He has a deadly disease.
3. What does she hope she can find there?
(a) Some peace.
(b) Some support from her friends.
(c) More drugs.
(d) More alcohol.
4. What do the hipsters try to clean Georgie's wound with?
(b) Rubbing Alcohol.
(d) Liquid Asprin.
5. What does the Bible passage create for the beginning of the story?
(a) It creates the novel's moral center.
(b) Makes the reader bored.
(c) Sets the mood or tone.
(d) Create anger in the characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brooklyn show it can have?
2. What could have stopped Tommy from making a bad decision?
3. At this new location, how do all the men begin to feel about the transvestites?
4. When did he finally go into a correctional institution?
5. At the end of the night, where does Suzy go?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Abe goes to the barber shop, what does he like to gloat about?
2. How does her family react?
3. Explain the game of mum that the hipsters play?
4. What makes Harry very happy after meeting a couple of drag queens?
5. What is Tralala unable to show to the sailor, Doggie?
6. How does Tralala feel about the note Harry leaves behind?
7. When Tralala meets Harry, what does she suddenly feel?
8. How does Tralala differentiate herself from other women?
9. How does Harry pay for his actions?
10. Why is Harry excited for the upcoming strike?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)