|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the regulars at Greeks bar do to Spook?
(a) They tease him about his obsessions.
(b) They help him study ways to improve his motorbike.
(c) They support him in his aim to become a better person.
(d) Make him run their errands.
2. What kind of relationship do Rosie and Freddie have?
(a) Freddie is Rosie's pimp.
(b) They have been dating for 3 years.
(c) They occassionally sleep together.
(d) Rosie is Freddie's sister.
3. Why does Georgie suddenly become hysterical?
(a) The knife finally stabs her.
(b) She knows Vinnie will never love her.
(c) She thinks her brother is coming after her.
(d) Vinnie hits her in the face.
4. What is Spook obsessed with?
(a) His job.
5. Why won't the owner of the bar address Freddie and his group as "Sir"?
(a) They are always rude to him.
(b) He does not think they value themseleves.
(c) He does not like the hipsters.
(d) He does not respect the unemployed group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Outside of Greeks one night, Georgie tries to describe her feelings for Vinnie. What does Vinnie do?
2. How does Georgie isolate herself?
3. Why do Tommy and Spook often meet?
4. What does Brooklyn show it can have?
5. In the parking lot, what game do the hipsters decide to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare the hipsters and sailors to one another.
2. The hipsters cannot get a lot of respect from the other sailors and the bar owner. Why is this?
3. When Spook announces he has obtained an old police motorbike, how do the party guests react?
4. What has Georgie struggled to find for most of his life?
5. What does Spook want more than anything?
6. What is the moral significance to this story?
7. Explain Selby's writing style as the fight between Freddie and Rosie begins.
8. Explain the game of mum that the hipsters play?
9. The novel begins in this place and is frequented by what group?
10. Why does Vinnie allow his friends to throw knives at Georgie?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)