|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the manager at the steel mill?
(a) Mr. Harrison.
(b) Mr. Harris.
(c) Mr. Harring.
(d) Mr. Harrington.
2. Who goes out with Mike for drinks and then to pick up women?
3. During the strike, what will the union members receive every week?
(a) A money allowance.
(b) Clothing for their families.
(c) A coupon for clothing.
(d) A $10 bag of groceries.
4. How does Ada act as though nothing in her life has changed?
(a) She follows the same routine everyday.
(b) She is slow to take up new technologies.
(c) She prepares her husband's pyjamas every night.
(d) She watches the same tv shows that she and her husband used to watch.
5. What is her plan with her friends?
(a) She would like to go out dancing.
(b) She lures the men outside of Greeks and then her friends attack him.
(c) To teach them how to turn tricks.
(d) She wants them to also become prostitutes.
6. How old was Tralala when she become sexually active?
(a) 16 years old.
(b) 20 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 22 years old.
7. Where does Harry invite Vinnie, Sal and Malfie to go with him?
(a) To the steel mill.
(b) To the union shop.
(c) To Harry's house.
(d) To Greeks.
8. What does Doggie beg of Tralala?
(a) TO have sex with him because he is a virgin.
(b) His money so he can take a cab home.
(c) His ID card so that he can get back to the naval base.
(d) To be his girlfriend because he is madly in love.
9. Why does Harry's new girlfriend want to break up with him?
(a) She wants to move in with him.
(b) He no longer has money to take her to expensive places.
(c) She wants him to leave his wife.
(d) He actually breaks up with her.
10. While bathing his young son, what does Harry Black begin doing?
(a) Fantasizing about his wife.
(b) Touching himself.
(c) Touching his son's penis.
(d) Fantasizing about other men.
11. What don't any of the men in the story have much respect for?
(a) Having sexual relations with their wives.
(b) Their bosses.
(c) Their children.
(d) Staying faithful in a relationship.
12. After months of violence, a fight finally breaks out on the picket lines. What do the police do to keep people in check?
(a) The union workers turn on the police.
(b) The police side with the union workers.
(c) The police hose the fighting men down.
(d) The union workers charge against the truck drivers and police intervene.
13. Where does Tralala pick Harry up from?
(a) Brooklyn Hieghts.
(b) Times Square.
14. What does the new worker think?
(a) He does not want the steel cutting job.
(b) He wants to stay out of the conflict.
(c) He wants to work on the steel cutting job.
(d) He hates being in the middle.
15. What other memories haunt Ada?
(a) The car accident that killed her husband.
(b) Her son's death by another person.
(c) Her family's fight for control over her life.
(d) Playing with her son Ira who died in WWII.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike like to prove to the rest of his friends?
2. What stops Harry Black from continuing to do this?
3. Who does Lucy wish that her children would stop playing with?
4. Harry begins to forget his problems at home and at his job and begins to ___________.
5. Because of that what does she not have a lot of time for?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)