|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Harry Black from continuing to do this?
(a) His son splashes water at him.
(b) His wife calls him from another room.
(c) His wife walks into the room.
(d) The phone rings.
2. What is the name of the manager at the steel mill?
(a) Mr. Harrington.
(b) Mr. Harring.
(c) Mr. Harrison.
(d) Mr. Harris.
3. Who is the first transvestite that Harry takes an interest in?
4. Why does the President hire Vinnie?
(a) Vinnie has trucker friends that can work with the union.
(b) Vinnie blackmails the President into hiring him.
(c) To deliver some essential items.
(d) To appease the union workers.
5. What does Doggie beg of Tralala?
(a) His money so he can take a cab home.
(b) TO have sex with him because he is a virgin.
(c) To be his girlfriend because he is madly in love.
(d) His ID card so that he can get back to the naval base.
6. What is a coda?
(a) A villian.
(b) An ending or conclusion.
(c) A special section of a song.
(d) A climax.
7. Harry begins to forget his problems at home and at his job and begins to ___________.
(a) Begin spending the union's money.
(b) Sleep on the couch and not with his wife.
(c) Not go into work.
(d) Slips more into a comatose state.
8. When the men are done with Tralala what do they do?
(a) They leave her alone and bleeding in a car outside.
(b) They take her back to their house.
(c) Leave her at a hospital.
(d) They take her out for dinner.
9. Tralala goes to a bar in Times Square. When she sees this prostitute with a lot of men she feels angry.
10. Harry begins to ask about the transvestites that sometimes hang around Greeks. As Harry begins to question the others what does Vinnie realize?
(a) Harry hates gay people.
(b) Harry is a little weird.
(c) Harry wants to have an experience with a man.
(d) Harry is not secure with his sexuality.
11. What could the reader assume the stories are about?
(a) This small community.
(b) Focuses on male dominance in American society in the fifties.
(c) The lives of the children in these neighborhoods.
(d) Focuses on female fight.
12. Who is his first sexual encounter with a transvestite with?
13. How does Mike reward himself after he changes his child's nappies?
(a) Plays with the child.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Goes out with the boys.
(d) Gets a beer.
14. Where does Harry invite Vinnie, Sal and Malfie to go with him?
(a) To the steel mill.
(b) To the union shop.
(c) To Harry's house.
(d) To Greeks.
15. Why is this action an odd thing for Ada to do?
(a) Her husband is dead.
(b) Her husband hates her.
(c) Her husaband has left her for another woman.
(d) She has not seen her husband in years.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she talks to a soldier named Doggie, she gets bored and does what?
2. What does Tralala normally do at Greeks?
3. What big purchase does he make to impress his friends and women?
4. Harry works at the steel mill, but enjoys this position also.
5. What completely outrages Tralala as she goes from bar to bar?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)