|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Al and Tony try to rob money from?
(a) A bookie.
(b) A mob boss.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A business owner.
2. What is the name of the bar?
(b) Als' place.
3. How do all of the characters seem to feel at the end of the novel?
(a) Bitter because how they have been treated by the world.
(b) Angry with the lot they have in life.
(c) Saddened by the turn of events.
(d) Sacred with what life has to offer.
4. Why does Tralala begin to give her body to anyone?
(a) She wants to fufill her sexual desires.
(b) She wishes to look better than the other girls.
(c) She is heartbroken when her officer leaves and cannot go on.
(d) She wants to discover what she had with her officer.
5. What is the name of the manager at the steel mill?
(a) Mr. Harring.
(b) Mr. Harrison.
(c) Mr. Harrington.
(d) Mr. Harris.
6. How does Tralala distinguish herself from other women?
(a) She thinks she is prettier than many other women.
(b) She acts more like a man.
(c) She does not like having sex with men.
(d) She claims that sex is just sex. She wants nothing more.
7. Why do all the men in the bar decide to leave?
(a) Tralala is becoming a distraction.
(b) The bar gets shut down.
(c) Tralala invites them outside to sleep with her.
(d) They already have their women they are leaving with.
8. How does Ada act as though nothing in her life has changed?
(a) She follows the same routine everyday.
(b) She watches the same tv shows that she and her husband used to watch.
(c) She is slow to take up new technologies.
(d) She prepares her husband's pyjamas every night.
9. As the strike continues, what happens to the workers' feelings about the strike?
(a) They get more excited because they will get more money.
(b) They get violent with one another.
(c) They grow tired of Harry.
(d) They get restless because they are not getting paid.
10. Where does Tralala pick Harry up from?
(b) Brooklyn Hieghts.
(d) Times Square.
11. Who would Abe like to have a sexual relationship with?
(a) A man named Stanley.
(b) His wife but she is not interested.
(c) A close family friend.
(d) A girl named Lucy.
12. Who does Lucy wish that her children would stop playing with?
(a) The Black children.
(b) The Hispanic children.
(c) The Mexican children.
(d) The Irish children.
13. What does Mike demand from Irene, although she works long hours?
(a) She cooks and takes care of the children.
(b) She have sex with him even tough he is tired.
(c) She look after the children
(d) He demands her to cook food for the family.
14. Who do Abe and Nancy choose to take their bitterness out on?
(a) Their innocent daughter.
(b) The people they work with.
(c) Their nieghbors.
(d) Their parents.
15. Tralala thinks she will get paid a lot of money because ________________.
(a) Harry seems to be rich.
(b) Harry liked her a lot.
(c) Harry is buying her dresses and taking her to expensive dinners.
(d) She spent a lot of time with Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Doggie attacks Tralala, who comes to help her?
2. What is Abe's concern over his wife and kids needs?
3. What does he buy with the unions money?
4. Why is Harry beaten up by Vinnie in his gang?
5. What is the name of the bar that Harry begins to visit?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)