|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mike reward himself after he changes his child's nappies?
(a) Plays with the child.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Gets a beer.
(d) Goes out with the boys.
2. Obviously, what kind of life has she led?
(a) A mediocre life.
(b) An exciting life.
(c) A very difficult one because she has become a prostitute.
(d) An easy life. Just recently have things turned for the worst.
3. Who goes out with Mike for drinks and then to pick up women?
4. During the strike, what will the union members receive every week?
(a) A coupon for clothing.
(b) Clothing for their families.
(c) A $10 bag of groceries.
(d) A money allowance.
5. What don't any of the men in the story have much respect for?
(a) Their bosses.
(b) Having sexual relations with their wives.
(c) Their children.
(d) Staying faithful in a relationship.
6. How does Tralala's officer act?
(a) An old man.
(b) A country bumpkin.
(c) Someone who is very worldly.
(d) He acts like a young naive man.
7. What other memories haunt Ada?
(a) The car accident that killed her husband.
(b) Her family's fight for control over her life.
(c) Her son's death by another person.
(d) Playing with her son Ira who died in WWII.
8. Who does Lucy wish that her children would stop playing with?
(a) The Black children.
(b) The Irish children.
(c) The Hispanic children.
(d) The Mexican children.
9. What does Mike like to do after his wife gets home?
(a) Being with his children.
(b) Helping his wife at home.
(c) He enjoys going to bars and picking up women.
(d) Watch television with her.
10. Why does Tralala begin to give her body to anyone?
(a) She wishes to look better than the other girls.
(b) She wants to discover what she had with her officer.
(c) She wants to fufill her sexual desires.
(d) She is heartbroken when her officer leaves and cannot go on.
11. When Harry's wife questions where he is when he is not at home, what does Harry do?
(a) Hits his son.
(b) Screams at his wife and son.
(c) Punches his wife.
(d) Pushes his wife down the stairs.
12. Is Mike able to provide for his family?
(a) Yes, but only when he works.
(b) No, his wife must provide for his family.
(c) No, he refuses to help her out.
(d) Yes, he gets unemployment.
13. Why is this action an odd thing for Ada to do?
(a) Her husband hates her.
(b) She has not seen her husband in years.
(c) Her husband is dead.
(d) Her husaband has left her for another woman.
14. What is Nancy missing from her life?
(a) She wants to be sexual with her husband.
(b) Kindness from her husband.
(c) Love from her children.
(d) Her own parents to guide her.
15. How do all of the characters seem to feel at the end of the novel?
(a) Bitter because how they have been treated by the world.
(b) Saddened by the turn of events.
(c) Angry with the lot they have in life.
(d) Sacred with what life has to offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do all the men in the bar decide to leave?
2. What makes the foremen angry with Harry?
3. Tralala thinks she will get paid a lot of money because ________________.
4. When Harry treats Tralala like a lady, how does she act in return?
5. Because his wife is taking too long in the bathroom, what does Vinnie decide to do?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)