|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harry feel about his wife?
(a) He hates and and does not like being with her.
(b) He hates her nagging.
(c) He loves her but feels like she soffocates him.
(d) He used to love her but no longer does.
2. Why is Harry beaten up by Vinnie in his gang?
(a) Harry tries to beat Vinnie up.
(b) Harry tried to molest a young boy.
(c) Harry offends Vinnie's gang.
(d) Harry is caught with Vinnie's girl.
3. Harry begins to forget his problems at home and at his job and begins to ___________.
(a) Slips more into a comatose state.
(b) Sleep on the couch and not with his wife.
(c) Begin spending the union's money.
(d) Not go into work.
4. What could the reader assume the stories are about?
(a) Focuses on female fight.
(b) Focuses on male dominance in American society in the fifties.
(c) This small community.
(d) The lives of the children in these neighborhoods.
5. What does Tralala normally do at Greeks?
(a) She seduces men in the hopes they will marry her.
(b) She steals money to make it by in life.
(c) She picks up men and then steals their money.
(d) She picks up men.
6. How old was Tralala when she become sexually active?
(a) 16 years old.
(b) 22 years old.
(c) 20 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
7. What is Nancy missing from her life?
(a) Kindness from her husband.
(b) Love from her children.
(c) She wants to be sexual with her husband.
(d) Her own parents to guide her.
8. What does Mike like to prove to the rest of his friends?
(a) He makes enough money to support his family.
(b) He shows he is a good father.
(c) He shows that although he makes no money, he is still in charge.
(d) He can keep living the life he had before loosing his job.
9. Who does Lucy wish that her children would stop playing with?
(a) The Black children.
(b) The Hispanic children.
(c) The Mexican children.
(d) The Irish children.
10. Harry works at the steel mill, but enjoys this position also.
(a) He works at a grocery store.
(b) He is the party planner at work.
(c) He is a union representative.
(d) He is his bosses' favorite employee.
11. What stops Harry Black from continuing to do this?
(a) The phone rings.
(b) His wife walks into the room.
(c) His wife calls him from another room.
(d) His son splashes water at him.
12. Harry begins to ask about the transvestites that sometimes hang around Greeks. As Harry begins to question the others what does Vinnie realize?
(a) Harry is not secure with his sexuality.
(b) Harry is a little weird.
(c) Harry wants to have an experience with a man.
(d) Harry hates gay people.
13. Who do Abe and Nancy choose to take their bitterness out on?
(a) Their nieghbors.
(b) Their innocent daughter.
(c) The people they work with.
(d) Their parents.
14. What will they do at this location?
(a) They begin doing drugs.
(b) They invite hookers over to have drinks.
(c) They watch movies.
(d) They begin drinking more of the kegs.
15. While bathing his young son, what does Harry Black begin doing?
(a) Touching himself.
(b) Fantasizing about other men.
(c) Touching his son's penis.
(d) Fantasizing about his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tralala's officer act?
2. What is a coda?
3. What does Ada's character represent?
4. When Harry's wife questions where he is when he is not at home, what does Harry do?
5. Where does Tralala pick Harry up from?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)