|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the manager at the steel mill?
(a) Mr. Harrison.
(b) Mr. Harring.
(c) Mr. Harris.
(d) Mr. Harrington.
2. What do some characters like Lucy strive to achieve?
(a) Some try to create a better life for themseleves.
(b) A higher education.
(c) A better relationship with their husbands.
(d) A neat and orderly household.
3. Harry works at the steel mill, but enjoys this position also.
(a) He works at a grocery store.
(b) He is a union representative.
(c) He is the party planner at work.
(d) He is his bosses' favorite employee.
4. Tralala goes to a bar in Times Square. When she sees this prostitute with a lot of men she feels angry.
5. Because of that what does she not have a lot of time for?
(b) Sex with meaning.
(c) Empathy or love.
(d) A courtship.
6. To many the union members, what type of personality does the President of the union have?
(a) Nobel leader.
(b) Very Kind.
(c) Forceful presence.
7. Harry begins to ask about the transvestites that sometimes hang around Greeks. As Harry begins to question the others what does Vinnie realize?
(a) Harry hates gay people.
(b) Harry is not secure with his sexuality.
(c) Harry wants to have an experience with a man.
(d) Harry is a little weird.
8. Who do Abe and Nancy choose to take their bitterness out on?
(a) Their innocent daughter.
(b) The people they work with.
(c) Their nieghbors.
(d) Their parents.
9. Whenever Abe comes home after a long night of drinking, how does he interact with his family?
(a) He tells them drunkenly how much he loves them.
(b) He sneaks in hoping they won't notice.
(c) He screams at them.
(d) He falls alseep as they try to share their day.
10. How old was Tralala when she become sexually active?
(a) 22 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 20 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
11. What is her plan with her friends?
(a) She lures the men outside of Greeks and then her friends attack him.
(b) She would like to go out dancing.
(c) To teach them how to turn tricks.
(d) She wants them to also become prostitutes.
12. What is the name of the bar that Harry begins to visit?
13. What was Tralala expecting from Harry when they leave one another?
(a) She thought he would have given her more money.
(b) She thought he would stay with her.
(c) She thought she would get paid a lot of money.
(d) She wanted him to declare his love.
14. What other memories haunt Ada?
(a) Playing with her son Ira who died in WWII.
(b) The car accident that killed her husband.
(c) Her family's fight for control over her life.
(d) Her son's death by another person.
15. How do the superiors react to Harry as a union rep?
(a) They think he is annoying because he abuses his power.
(b) They think he is a stickler for the rules.
(c) Everyone respects Harry's job.
(d) He is not helpful with worker issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over the next few days, Tralala frequents Time Square, trying to do what?
2. Who is the first transvestite that Harry takes an interest in?
3. Because she is not getting any attention from sailors in Times Square, what does Tralala do?
4. What day will they receive the bag of groceries?
5. How do all of the characters seem to feel at the end of the novel?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)