|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day will they receive the bag of groceries?
(a) On Saturdays.
(b) On Monday.
(c) On Thursday.
(d) On Fridays.
2. What other memories haunt Ada?
(a) Her family's fight for control over her life.
(b) The car accident that killed her husband.
(c) Her son's death by another person.
(d) Playing with her son Ira who died in WWII.
3. What was Tralala expecting from Harry when they leave one another?
(a) She wanted him to declare his love.
(b) She thought he would have given her more money.
(c) She thought she would get paid a lot of money.
(d) She thought he would stay with her.
4. When Doggie attacks Tralala, who comes to help her?
(a) Tony and Vinnie.
(b) Al and Spook.
(c) Al and Tony.
(d) Al and Vinnie.
5. What does Ada's character represent?
6. What does Mike like to prove to the rest of his friends?
(a) He makes enough money to support his family.
(b) He shows he is a good father.
(c) He can keep living the life he had before loosing his job.
(d) He shows that although he makes no money, he is still in charge.
7. When Harry leaves to go to his next post, what does he give Tralala?
(a) A coupon.
(c) A receipt.
(d) A love letter.
8. Obviously, what kind of life has she led?
(a) A very difficult one because she has become a prostitute.
(b) An easy life. Just recently have things turned for the worst.
(c) An exciting life.
(d) A mediocre life.
9. Why does Tralala begin to give her body to anyone?
(a) She is heartbroken when her officer leaves and cannot go on.
(b) She wants to fufill her sexual desires.
(c) She wants to discover what she had with her officer.
(d) She wishes to look better than the other girls.
10. What do some characters like Lucy strive to achieve?
(a) Some try to create a better life for themseleves.
(b) A neat and orderly household.
(c) A better relationship with their husbands.
(d) A higher education.
11. Why does Doggie go after Tralala outside?
(a) He thinks she will have sex with him outside.
(b) Because she stole his wallet.
(c) He wants to attack her outside.
(d) Because she made an impression on him.
12. How does Mike reward himself after he changes his child's nappies?
(a) Gets a beer.
(b) Plays with the child.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Goes out with the boys.
13. Why does the President hire Vinnie?
(a) To appease the union workers.
(b) To deliver some essential items.
(c) Vinnie has trucker friends that can work with the union.
(d) Vinnie blackmails the President into hiring him.
14. What has caused Harry to lash out and molest the boy?
(a) He wants to warm the boy.
(b) He gets desperate.
(c) He wants to be with young boys.
(d) He repressed his sexual feelings.
15. During the strike, what will the union members receive every week?
(a) Clothing for their families.
(b) A coupon for clothing.
(c) A money allowance.
(d) A $10 bag of groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this provoke Vinnie to do?
2. Because his wife is taking too long in the bathroom, what does Vinnie decide to do?
3. When Harry treats Tralala like a lady, how does she act in return?
4. Who goes out with Mike for drinks and then to pick up women?
5. How does Ada act as though nothing in her life has changed?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)