|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she talks to a soldier named Doggie, she gets bored and does what?
(a) Picks his pocket.
(b) Smashes a bottle over is head.
(c) Asks him to leave her alone.
(d) She kisses him goodbye.
2. How old was Tralala when she become sexually active?
(a) 20 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 22 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
3. How do the superiors react to Harry as a union rep?
(a) They think he is a stickler for the rules.
(b) Everyone respects Harry's job.
(c) They think he is annoying because he abuses his power.
(d) He is not helpful with worker issues.
4. What color is Vinnie's son's hair?
5. Who goes out with Mike for drinks and then to pick up women?
6. After having sex with his wife, what does Harry do?
(a) Lays in his bed and cries.
(b) Leaves to go pick up other women.
(c) Is very satisfied.
(d) Takes a shower to feel better.
7. How does Harry feel about his wife?
(a) He used to love her but no longer does.
(b) He loves her but feels like she soffocates him.
(c) He hates her nagging.
(d) He hates and and does not like being with her.
8. What has caused Harry to lash out and molest the boy?
(a) He repressed his sexual feelings.
(b) He gets desperate.
(c) He wants to be with young boys.
(d) He wants to warm the boy.
9. What does Mike like to do with his time?
(a) Help his wife at home.
(b) He gets lazy because he is unemployed.
(c) He likes to spend it with his children.
(d) Go cruising for women.
10. How do all of the characters seem to feel at the end of the novel?
(a) Sacred with what life has to offer.
(b) Angry with the lot they have in life.
(c) Saddened by the turn of events.
(d) Bitter because how they have been treated by the world.
11. What is the name of the manager at the steel mill?
(a) Mr. Harrington.
(b) Mr. Harring.
(c) Mr. Harris.
(d) Mr. Harrison.
12. What does the new worker think?
(a) He wants to stay out of the conflict.
(b) He wants to work on the steel cutting job.
(c) He hates being in the middle.
(d) He does not want the steel cutting job.
13. Tralala goes to a bar in Times Square. When she sees this prostitute with a lot of men she feels angry.
14. What does Mike demand from Irene, although she works long hours?
(a) She have sex with him even tough he is tired.
(b) He demands her to cook food for the family.
(c) She look after the children
(d) She cooks and takes care of the children.
15. During the strike, what will the union members receive every week?
(a) Clothing for their families.
(b) A money allowance.
(c) A coupon for clothing.
(d) A $10 bag of groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harry treats Tralala like a lady, how does she act in return?
2. What makes the foremen angry with Harry?
3. What completely outrages Tralala as she goes from bar to bar?
4. Harry begins to forget his problems at home and at his job and begins to ___________.
5. Why is Harry beaten up by Vinnie in his gang?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)