|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Mike able to provide for his family?
(a) No, his wife must provide for his family.
(b) Yes, but only when he works.
(c) Yes, he gets unemployment.
(d) No, he refuses to help her out.
2. What could the reader assume the stories are about?
(a) Focuses on male dominance in American society in the fifties.
(b) The lives of the children in these neighborhoods.
(c) Focuses on female fight.
(d) This small community.
3. What is Harry's job when the union goes on strike?
(a) To get the union on the same side.
(b) He gets to walk around and hand out information.
(c) Run the union shop and organize pickets.
(d) To make sure the entire staff does not work.
4. How old was Tralala when she become sexually active?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 20 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 22 years old.
5. To many the union members, what type of personality does the President of the union have?
(a) Forceful presence.
(b) Very Kind.
(d) Nobel leader.
6. What day will they receive the bag of groceries?
(a) On Thursday.
(b) On Monday.
(c) On Fridays.
(d) On Saturdays.
7. Harry works at the steel mill, but enjoys this position also.
(a) He works at a grocery store.
(b) He is the party planner at work.
(c) He is a union representative.
(d) He is his bosses' favorite employee.
8. As the strike continues, what happens to the workers' feelings about the strike?
(a) They grow tired of Harry.
(b) They get restless because they are not getting paid.
(c) They get more excited because they will get more money.
(d) They get violent with one another.
9. Who do Abe and Nancy choose to take their bitterness out on?
(a) Their innocent daughter.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their nieghbors.
(d) The people they work with.
10. Who does Lucy wish that her children would stop playing with?
(a) The Irish children.
(b) The Mexican children.
(c) The Hispanic children.
(d) The Black children.
11. Who do Al and Tony try to rob money from?
(a) A mob boss.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A business owner.
(d) A bookie.
12. What is Abe's concern over his wife and kids needs?
(a) Getting a new job.
(b) Impressing a new woman he met at a bar.
(c) His own needs.
(d) Doing improvements on his car.
13. Why does Harry's new girlfriend want to break up with him?
(a) He no longer has money to take her to expensive places.
(b) He actually breaks up with her.
(c) She wants to move in with him.
(d) She wants him to leave his wife.
14. What theme does Tralala's character introduce into the book?
(a) The sexuality of women.
(b) That innocence can be found in anyone.
(c) The dangers of repressing one's true feelings.
(d) Anger of a woman.
15. Why does Doggie go after Tralala outside?
(a) He thinks she will have sex with him outside.
(b) Because she stole his wallet.
(c) Because she made an impression on him.
(d) He wants to attack her outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the superiors react to Harry as a union rep?
2. What was Tralala expecting from Harry when they leave one another?
3. When Harry's wife questions where he is when he is not at home, what does Harry do?
4. What is her plan with her friends?
5. What is Tralala's main concern?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)