|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Abe and Nancy choose to take their bitterness out on?
(a) Their innocent daughter.
(b) Their parents.
(c) The people they work with.
(d) Their nieghbors.
2. Why do all the men in the bar decide to leave?
(a) They already have their women they are leaving with.
(b) Tralala is becoming a distraction.
(c) The bar gets shut down.
(d) Tralala invites them outside to sleep with her.
3. What does Mike like to do with his time?
(a) Help his wife at home.
(b) He gets lazy because he is unemployed.
(c) He likes to spend it with his children.
(d) Go cruising for women.
4. Because his wife is taking too long in the bathroom, what does Vinnie decide to do?
(a) Urinate out of the window.
(b) Goes back to sleep.
(c) Yell at his wife.
(d) Beat down the door.
5. What day will they receive the bag of groceries?
(a) On Monday.
(b) On Saturdays.
(c) On Fridays.
(d) On Thursday.
6. What does this particular story examine?
(a) The sadness of life.
(b) The tragedy of life.
(c) The circle of life.
(d) The circle of tragedy.
7. Is Mike able to provide for his family?
(a) No, he refuses to help her out.
(b) Yes, he gets unemployment.
(c) Yes, but only when he works.
(d) No, his wife must provide for his family.
8. What is Nancy missing from her life?
(a) She wants to be sexual with her husband.
(b) Love from her children.
(c) Her own parents to guide her.
(d) Kindness from her husband.
9. What does Mike like to do after his wife gets home?
(a) He enjoys going to bars and picking up women.
(b) Being with his children.
(c) Helping his wife at home.
(d) Watch television with her.
10. Who is his first sexual encounter with a transvestite with?
11. What does Mike demand from Irene, although she works long hours?
(a) He demands her to cook food for the family.
(b) She have sex with him even tough he is tired.
(c) She cooks and takes care of the children.
(d) She look after the children
12. Why does Tralala begin to give her body to anyone?
(a) She wants to fufill her sexual desires.
(b) She is heartbroken when her officer leaves and cannot go on.
(c) She wishes to look better than the other girls.
(d) She wants to discover what she had with her officer.
13. Why does Tralala become angry with Al and Tony after the robbery?
(a) She cannot believe they got caught.
(b) She is furious they blamed her.
(c) They had told her they only got a couple hundred dollars from the robbery.
(d) She is mad they were stupid enough to steal from a bookie.
14. How does Irene feel about her job?
(a) She enjoys it because she can get away from Mike.
(b) She would like to keep it but would like her husband to work.
(c) She would like a different job.
(d) She hates going to work.
15. When Harry treats Tralala like a lady, how does she act in return?
(a) Like a lady.
(b) She pretends that she does not feel anything.
(c) She treats him like a man.
(d) She falls in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ada act as though nothing in her life has changed?
2. After months of violence, a fight finally breaks out on the picket lines. What do the police do to keep people in check?
3. What theme does Tralala's character introduce into the book?
4. What don't any of the men in the story have much respect for?
5. Why does the President hire Vinnie?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)