|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harry treats Tralala like a lady, how does she act in return?
(a) She falls in love with him.
(b) Like a lady.
(c) She treats him like a man.
(d) She pretends that she does not feel anything.
2. When Harry leaves to go to his next post, what does he give Tralala?
(a) A love letter.
(c) A coupon.
(d) A receipt.
3. What is Tralala's main concern?
(a) How she will ever find Harry again.
(b) How she will make the next dollar.
(c) Getting out of jail.
(d) If she will ever find love.
4. Tralala thinks she will get paid a lot of money because ________________.
(a) Harry liked her a lot.
(b) Harry seems to be rich.
(c) Harry is buying her dresses and taking her to expensive dinners.
(d) She spent a lot of time with Harry.
5. As she talks to a soldier named Doggie, she gets bored and does what?
(a) She kisses him goodbye.
(b) Asks him to leave her alone.
(c) Picks his pocket.
(d) Smashes a bottle over is head.
6. What is a coda?
(a) An ending or conclusion.
(b) A climax.
(c) A villian.
(d) A special section of a song.
7. As the strike continues, what happens to the workers' feelings about the strike?
(a) They get more excited because they will get more money.
(b) They get restless because they are not getting paid.
(c) They get violent with one another.
(d) They grow tired of Harry.
8. After having sex with his wife, what does Harry do?
(a) Leaves to go pick up other women.
(b) Lays in his bed and cries.
(c) Is very satisfied.
(d) Takes a shower to feel better.
9. Because his wife is taking too long in the bathroom, what does Vinnie decide to do?
(a) Yell at his wife.
(b) Goes back to sleep.
(c) Beat down the door.
(d) Urinate out of the window.
10. What does Mike like to do with his time?
(a) He likes to spend it with his children.
(b) He gets lazy because he is unemployed.
(c) Help his wife at home.
(d) Go cruising for women.
11. What could the reader assume the stories are about?
(a) Focuses on male dominance in American society in the fifties.
(b) The lives of the children in these neighborhoods.
(c) This small community.
(d) Focuses on female fight.
12. Why do all the men in the bar decide to leave?
(a) The bar gets shut down.
(b) Tralala is becoming a distraction.
(c) They already have their women they are leaving with.
(d) Tralala invites them outside to sleep with her.
13. What theme does Tralala's character introduce into the book?
(a) The dangers of repressing one's true feelings.
(b) The sexuality of women.
(c) Anger of a woman.
(d) That innocence can be found in anyone.
14. What stops Harry Black from continuing to do this?
(a) The phone rings.
(b) His wife walks into the room.
(c) His wife calls him from another room.
(d) His son splashes water at him.
15. Because of that what does she not have a lot of time for?
(a) Sex with meaning.
(b) Empathy or love.
(c) A courtship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this action an odd thing for Ada to do?
2. What do some characters like Lucy strive to achieve?
3. How does Mike reward himself after he changes his child's nappies?
4. What does Mike like to prove to the rest of his friends?
5. What does Mike like to do after his wife gets home?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)