|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Harry Black from continuing to do this?
(a) His son splashes water at him.
(b) The phone rings.
(c) His wife walks into the room.
(d) His wife calls him from another room.
2. Whenever Abe comes home after a long night of drinking, how does he interact with his family?
(a) He falls alseep as they try to share their day.
(b) He tells them drunkenly how much he loves them.
(c) He sneaks in hoping they won't notice.
(d) He screams at them.
3. When Harry treats Tralala like a lady, how does she act in return?
(a) She pretends that she does not feel anything.
(b) She falls in love with him.
(c) Like a lady.
(d) She treats him like a man.
4. What other memories haunt Ada?
(a) Her family's fight for control over her life.
(b) The car accident that killed her husband.
(c) Her son's death by another person.
(d) Playing with her son Ira who died in WWII.
5. Tralala goes to a bar in Times Square. When she sees this prostitute with a lot of men she feels angry.
6. What do Vinnie and Mary fight about concerning their son?
(a) Cutting hair.
(b) Where he goes to school.
(c) How he dresses.
(d) Where he will spend the summer.
7. Why does Doggie go after Tralala outside?
(a) He wants to attack her outside.
(b) Because she made an impression on him.
(c) Because she stole his wallet.
(d) He thinks she will have sex with him outside.
8. Who do Al and Tony try to rob money from?
(a) A bookie.
(b) A mob boss.
(c) A business owner.
(d) A teacher.
9. Tralala thinks she will get paid a lot of money because ________________.
(a) Harry liked her a lot.
(b) Harry is buying her dresses and taking her to expensive dinners.
(c) Harry seems to be rich.
(d) She spent a lot of time with Harry.
10. How does Irene feel about her job?
(a) She enjoys it because she can get away from Mike.
(b) She would like a different job.
(c) She hates going to work.
(d) She would like to keep it but would like her husband to work.
11. As the strike continues, what happens to the workers' feelings about the strike?
(a) They get more excited because they will get more money.
(b) They get violent with one another.
(c) They get restless because they are not getting paid.
(d) They grow tired of Harry.
12. What big purchase does he make to impress his friends and women?
(a) He treats his wife very poorly.
(b) He gets a new job.
(c) He goes to a cool concert.
(d) He buys a Cadillac.
13. After a week of looking, Tralala becomes very unhappy. What doesn't she realize?
(a) That people are talking about her.
(b) Who is taking advantage of her.
(c) How she can change her life.
(d) Who she is sleeping with or why she is sleeping with them.
14. Where does Harry invite Vinnie, Sal and Malfie to go with him?
(a) To Harry's house.
(b) To the union shop.
(c) To the steel mill.
(d) To Greeks.
15. Over the next few days, Tralala frequents Time Square, trying to do what?
(a) Pick up men and make money.
(b) Run more scams on innocent people.
(c) See old friends.
(d) Make new friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tralala express all of her needs?
2. Harry begins to ask about the transvestites that sometimes hang around Greeks. As Harry begins to question the others what does Vinnie realize?
3. Harry begins to forget his problems at home and at his job and begins to ___________.
4. How old was Tralala when she become sexually active?
5. Where does Tralala pick Harry up from?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)