|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tralala begin to give her body to anyone?
(a) She wants to discover what she had with her officer.
(b) She wants to fufill her sexual desires.
(c) She wishes to look better than the other girls.
(d) She is heartbroken when her officer leaves and cannot go on.
2. What theme does Tralala's character introduce into the book?
(a) Anger of a woman.
(b) The sexuality of women.
(c) That innocence can be found in anyone.
(d) The dangers of repressing one's true feelings.
3. After months of violence, a fight finally breaks out on the picket lines. What do the police do to keep people in check?
(a) The union workers charge against the truck drivers and police intervene.
(b) The police hose the fighting men down.
(c) The union workers turn on the police.
(d) The police side with the union workers.
4. What does Ada's character represent?
5. When Harry's wife questions where he is when he is not at home, what does Harry do?
(a) Punches his wife.
(b) Screams at his wife and son.
(c) Hits his son.
(d) Pushes his wife down the stairs.
6. Harry works at the steel mill, but enjoys this position also.
(a) He works at a grocery store.
(b) He is his bosses' favorite employee.
(c) He is a union representative.
(d) He is the party planner at work.
7. After having sex with his wife, what does Harry do?
(a) Leaves to go pick up other women.
(b) Is very satisfied.
(c) Lays in his bed and cries.
(d) Takes a shower to feel better.
8. What does this particular story examine?
(a) The circle of tragedy.
(b) The sadness of life.
(c) The tragedy of life.
(d) The circle of life.
9. What is Abe's concern over his wife and kids needs?
(a) His own needs.
(b) Getting a new job.
(c) Doing improvements on his car.
(d) Impressing a new woman he met at a bar.
10. Why is this action an odd thing for Ada to do?
(a) Her husband hates her.
(b) Her husband is dead.
(c) She has not seen her husband in years.
(d) Her husaband has left her for another woman.
11. As she talks to a soldier named Doggie, she gets bored and does what?
(a) She kisses him goodbye.
(b) Picks his pocket.
(c) Smashes a bottle over is head.
(d) Asks him to leave her alone.
12. Why does the President hire Vinnie?
(a) To deliver some essential items.
(b) Vinnie has trucker friends that can work with the union.
(c) To appease the union workers.
(d) Vinnie blackmails the President into hiring him.
13. After a week of looking, Tralala becomes very unhappy. What doesn't she realize?
(a) How she can change her life.
(b) That people are talking about her.
(c) Who she is sleeping with or why she is sleeping with them.
(d) Who is taking advantage of her.
14. When Harry treats Tralala like a lady, how does she act in return?
(a) She falls in love with him.
(b) She pretends that she does not feel anything.
(c) She treats him like a man.
(d) Like a lady.
15. While the other men are out on the picket line, what is Harry doing?
(a) He is selling sodas.
(b) He is inside making cold calls for the union.
(c) He is at bars drinking.
(d) He stays in the office answering phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because his wife is taking too long in the bathroom, what does Vinnie decide to do?
2. When the men are done with Tralala what do they do?
3. What is her plan with her friends?
4. During the strike, what will the union members receive every week?
5. How does Tralala distinguish herself from other women?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)