|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Harry beaten up by Vinnie in his gang?
(a) Harry tried to molest a young boy.
(b) Harry tries to beat Vinnie up.
(c) Harry offends Vinnie's gang.
(d) Harry is caught with Vinnie's girl.
2. What day will they receive the bag of groceries?
(a) On Saturdays.
(b) On Monday.
(c) On Fridays.
(d) On Thursday.
3. Why does Doggie go after Tralala outside?
(a) He thinks she will have sex with him outside.
(b) He wants to attack her outside.
(c) Because she made an impression on him.
(d) Because she stole his wallet.
4. Who do Abe and Nancy choose to take their bitterness out on?
(a) Their innocent daughter.
(b) Their nieghbors.
(c) Their parents.
(d) The people they work with.
5. When Harry leaves to go to his next post, what does he give Tralala?
(a) A receipt.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A coupon.
6. What does Doggie beg of Tralala?
(a) His money so he can take a cab home.
(b) His ID card so that he can get back to the naval base.
(c) TO have sex with him because he is a virgin.
(d) To be his girlfriend because he is madly in love.
7. What do some characters like Lucy strive to achieve?
(a) A better relationship with their husbands.
(b) A neat and orderly household.
(c) A higher education.
(d) Some try to create a better life for themseleves.
8. How do all of the characters seem to feel at the end of the novel?
(a) Bitter because how they have been treated by the world.
(b) Saddened by the turn of events.
(c) Angry with the lot they have in life.
(d) Sacred with what life has to offer.
9. What could the reader assume the stories are about?
(a) Focuses on male dominance in American society in the fifties.
(b) Focuses on female fight.
(c) This small community.
(d) The lives of the children in these neighborhoods.
10. How does Harry feel about his wife?
(a) He hates her nagging.
(b) He used to love her but no longer does.
(c) He hates and and does not like being with her.
(d) He loves her but feels like she soffocates him.
11. Because of that what does she not have a lot of time for?
(a) Sex with meaning.
(b) A courtship.
(c) Empathy or love.
12. Where does Tralala pick Harry up from?
(b) Times Square.
(c) Brooklyn Hieghts.
13. Why does the President hire Vinnie?
(a) Vinnie has trucker friends that can work with the union.
(b) Vinnie blackmails the President into hiring him.
(c) To appease the union workers.
(d) To deliver some essential items.
14. Why does Tralala begin to give her body to anyone?
(a) She wishes to look better than the other girls.
(b) She is heartbroken when her officer leaves and cannot go on.
(c) She wants to fufill her sexual desires.
(d) She wants to discover what she had with her officer.
15. After months of violence, a fight finally breaks out on the picket lines. What do the police do to keep people in check?
(a) The police side with the union workers.
(b) The police hose the fighting men down.
(c) The union workers turn on the police.
(d) The union workers charge against the truck drivers and police intervene.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tralala's officer act?
2. While bathing his young son, what does Harry Black begin doing?
3. Who goes out with Mike for drinks and then to pick up women?
4. Who does Lucy wish that her children would stop playing with?
5. What big purchase does he make to impress his friends and women?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)