|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Vinnie and Mary's neighbors up at night?
(a) Their sexual exploits.
(b) Their screaming baby.
(c) They continually argue.
(d) The music they play.
2. How does Harry feel about his wife?
(a) He loves her but feels like she soffocates him.
(b) He hates and and does not like being with her.
(c) He hates her nagging.
(d) He used to love her but no longer does.
3. Where does Tralala pick Harry up from?
(a) Brooklyn Hieghts.
(c) Times Square.
4. What completely outrages Tralala as she goes from bar to bar?
(a) She is loosing her looks.
(b) She wants to find a nice place to stay the night.
(c) That no one will pick her up.
(d) Her money was stolen.
5. Why does Lucy get very upset by Louis after finding feces in their elevator?
(a) He promises to move them out of the neighborhood.
(b) He tells his wife to be paitent, they will move soon.
(c) He laughs at the situation instead of trying to fix it.
(d) He thinks it is disgusting.
6. What does Doggie beg of Tralala?
(a) His money so he can take a cab home.
(b) To be his girlfriend because he is madly in love.
(c) His ID card so that he can get back to the naval base.
(d) TO have sex with him because he is a virgin.
7. Why does the President hire Vinnie?
(a) To deliver some essential items.
(b) To appease the union workers.
(c) Vinnie has trucker friends that can work with the union.
(d) Vinnie blackmails the President into hiring him.
8. What does this particular story examine?
(a) The circle of tragedy.
(b) The circle of life.
(c) The sadness of life.
(d) The tragedy of life.
9. Why is this action an odd thing for Ada to do?
(a) Her husband is dead.
(b) Her husband hates her.
(c) She has not seen her husband in years.
(d) Her husaband has left her for another woman.
10. Why does Harry's new girlfriend want to break up with him?
(a) She wants him to leave his wife.
(b) He no longer has money to take her to expensive places.
(c) She wants to move in with him.
(d) He actually breaks up with her.
11. After months of violence, a fight finally breaks out on the picket lines. What do the police do to keep people in check?
(a) The police hose the fighting men down.
(b) The police side with the union workers.
(c) The union workers turn on the police.
(d) The union workers charge against the truck drivers and police intervene.
12. What is Tralala's main concern?
(a) How she will make the next dollar.
(b) How she will ever find Harry again.
(c) If she will ever find love.
(d) Getting out of jail.
13. Why does Doggie go after Tralala outside?
(a) He wants to attack her outside.
(b) He thinks she will have sex with him outside.
(c) Because she stole his wallet.
(d) Because she made an impression on him.
14. Tralala thinks she will get paid a lot of money because ________________.
(a) Harry liked her a lot.
(b) She spent a lot of time with Harry.
(c) Harry is buying her dresses and taking her to expensive dinners.
(d) Harry seems to be rich.
15. Harry begins to forget his problems at home and at his job and begins to ___________.
(a) Sleep on the couch and not with his wife.
(b) Not go into work.
(c) Begin spending the union's money.
(d) Slips more into a comatose state.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike demand from Irene, although she works long hours?
2. What makes the foremen angry with Harry?
3. Where does Harry invite Vinnie, Sal and Malfie to go with him?
4. How do all of the characters seem to feel at the end of the novel?
5. When Harry treats Tralala like a lady, how does she act in return?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)