|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry begins to forget his problems at home and at his job and begins to ___________.
(a) Sleep on the couch and not with his wife.
(b) Slips more into a comatose state.
(c) Not go into work.
(d) Begin spending the union's money.
2. What could the reader assume the stories are about?
(a) This small community.
(b) Focuses on female fight.
(c) Focuses on male dominance in American society in the fifties.
(d) The lives of the children in these neighborhoods.
3. Is Mike able to provide for his family?
(a) No, he refuses to help her out.
(b) Yes, but only when he works.
(c) Yes, he gets unemployment.
(d) No, his wife must provide for his family.
4. Where does Tralala pick Harry up from?
(a) Brooklyn Hieghts.
(b) Times Square.
5. What does Tralala normally do at Greeks?
(a) She seduces men in the hopes they will marry her.
(b) She picks up men.
(c) She picks up men and then steals their money.
(d) She steals money to make it by in life.
6. What does the new worker think?
(a) He wants to work on the steel cutting job.
(b) He hates being in the middle.
(c) He wants to stay out of the conflict.
(d) He does not want the steel cutting job.
7. What does Mike like to prove to the rest of his friends?
(a) He shows he is a good father.
(b) He can keep living the life he had before loosing his job.
(c) He makes enough money to support his family.
(d) He shows that although he makes no money, he is still in charge.
8. What other memories haunt Ada?
(a) The car accident that killed her husband.
(b) Her son's death by another person.
(c) Playing with her son Ira who died in WWII.
(d) Her family's fight for control over her life.
9. How does Tralala's officer act?
(a) A country bumpkin.
(b) An old man.
(c) He acts like a young naive man.
(d) Someone who is very worldly.
10. What is a coda?
(a) A climax.
(b) A special section of a song.
(c) A villian.
(d) An ending or conclusion.
11. What does Mike like to do after his wife gets home?
(a) Watch television with her.
(b) He enjoys going to bars and picking up women.
(c) Being with his children.
(d) Helping his wife at home.
12. How do the superiors react to Harry as a union rep?
(a) They think he is annoying because he abuses his power.
(b) Everyone respects Harry's job.
(c) He is not helpful with worker issues.
(d) They think he is a stickler for the rules.
13. What makes the foremen angry with Harry?
(a) Harry forces everyone to go on strike.
(b) He does not listen to his supervisors.
(c) A new worker has been put on a steel cutting job and Harry objects.
(d) Harry refuses to pull his weight.
14. Why does Doggie go after Tralala outside?
(a) He thinks she will have sex with him outside.
(b) Because she stole his wallet.
(c) Because she made an impression on him.
(d) He wants to attack her outside.
15. What is her plan with her friends?
(a) She lures the men outside of Greeks and then her friends attack him.
(b) She wants them to also become prostitutes.
(c) She would like to go out dancing.
(d) To teach them how to turn tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry's new girlfriend want to break up with him?
2. When the men are done with Tralala what do they do?
3. Because his wife is taking too long in the bathroom, what does Vinnie decide to do?
4. Whenever Abe comes home after a long night of drinking, how does he interact with his family?
5. When Harry's wife questions where he is when he is not at home, what does Harry do?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)