|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over the next few days, Tralala frequents Time Square, trying to do what?
(a) See old friends.
(b) Run more scams on innocent people.
(c) Pick up men and make money.
(d) Make new friends.
2. What don't any of the men in the story have much respect for?
(a) Having sexual relations with their wives.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their bosses.
(d) Staying faithful in a relationship.
3. Because she is not getting any attention from sailors in Times Square, what does Tralala do?
(a) Promises to have sex with anyone.
(b) Wears a very revealing outfit.
(c) Walks into the bar with no pants on.
(d) Walks into a bar and shows her breasts to all the men present.
4. What is Nancy missing from her life?
(a) Her own parents to guide her.
(b) Kindness from her husband.
(c) She wants to be sexual with her husband.
(d) Love from her children.
5. How does Tralala distinguish herself from other women?
(a) She claims that sex is just sex. She wants nothing more.
(b) She thinks she is prettier than many other women.
(c) She acts more like a man.
(d) She does not like having sex with men.
6. After a week of looking, Tralala becomes very unhappy. What doesn't she realize?
(a) That people are talking about her.
(b) Who she is sleeping with or why she is sleeping with them.
(c) How she can change her life.
(d) Who is taking advantage of her.
7. What is Harry's job when the union goes on strike?
(a) He gets to walk around and hand out information.
(b) To get the union on the same side.
(c) Run the union shop and organize pickets.
(d) To make sure the entire staff does not work.
8. Where does Tralala pick Harry up from?
(b) Times Square.
(c) Brooklyn Hieghts.
9. What does this particular story examine?
(a) The circle of life.
(b) The sadness of life.
(c) The tragedy of life.
(d) The circle of tragedy.
10. What is the name of the bar that Harry begins to visit?
11. Harry begins to forget his problems at home and at his job and begins to ___________.
(a) Sleep on the couch and not with his wife.
(b) Slips more into a comatose state.
(c) Begin spending the union's money.
(d) Not go into work.
12. What was Tralala expecting from Harry when they leave one another?
(a) She thought he would stay with her.
(b) She thought she would get paid a lot of money.
(c) She thought he would have given her more money.
(d) She wanted him to declare his love.
13. How do the superiors react to Harry as a union rep?
(a) They think he is a stickler for the rules.
(b) He is not helpful with worker issues.
(c) Everyone respects Harry's job.
(d) They think he is annoying because he abuses his power.
14. To many the union members, what type of personality does the President of the union have?
(a) Forceful presence.
(b) Very Kind.
(d) Nobel leader.
15. What does Ada's character represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is her plan with her friends?
2. What does Tralala normally do at Greeks?
3. When Doggie attacks Tralala, who comes to help her?
4. After months of violence, a fight finally breaks out on the picket lines. What do the police do to keep people in check?
5. What does Mike like to do with his time?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)