|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do all of the characters seem to feel at the end of the novel?
(a) Sacred with what life has to offer.
(b) Angry with the lot they have in life.
(c) Saddened by the turn of events.
(d) Bitter because how they have been treated by the world.
2. Who does Lucy wish that her children would stop playing with?
(a) The Irish children.
(b) The Hispanic children.
(c) The Black children.
(d) The Mexican children.
3. What is Nancy missing from her life?
(a) She wants to be sexual with her husband.
(b) Her own parents to guide her.
(c) Kindness from her husband.
(d) Love from her children.
4. Because his wife is taking too long in the bathroom, what does Vinnie decide to do?
(a) Goes back to sleep.
(b) Yell at his wife.
(c) Urinate out of the window.
(d) Beat down the door.
5. When Harry's wife questions where he is when he is not at home, what does Harry do?
(a) Pushes his wife down the stairs.
(b) Screams at his wife and son.
(c) Punches his wife.
(d) Hits his son.
6. When Harry leaves to go to his next post, what does he give Tralala?
(b) A love letter.
(c) A coupon.
(d) A receipt.
7. Because she is not getting any attention from sailors in Times Square, what does Tralala do?
(a) Walks into a bar and shows her breasts to all the men present.
(b) Promises to have sex with anyone.
(c) Walks into the bar with no pants on.
(d) Wears a very revealing outfit.
8. What does this provoke Vinnie to do?
(a) Tease Harry about his homophobic rants.
(b) Admit to Harry he also likes men.
(c) Introduces Harry to a transvestite.
(d) Take Harry to a place where he can try out his new dreams.
9. Where does Tralala pick Harry up from?
(a) Times Square.
(d) Brooklyn Hieghts.
10. What does Ada's character represent?
11. After having sex with his wife, what does Harry do?
(a) Leaves to go pick up other women.
(b) Takes a shower to feel better.
(c) Lays in his bed and cries.
(d) Is very satisfied.
12. What do Vinnie and Mary fight about concerning their son?
(a) Cutting hair.
(b) Where he goes to school.
(c) Where he will spend the summer.
(d) How he dresses.
13. What does Doggie beg of Tralala?
(a) His ID card so that he can get back to the naval base.
(b) His money so he can take a cab home.
(c) To be his girlfriend because he is madly in love.
(d) TO have sex with him because he is a virgin.
14. What big purchase does he make to impress his friends and women?
(a) He buys a Cadillac.
(b) He treats his wife very poorly.
(c) He gets a new job.
(d) He goes to a cool concert.
15. When Harry treats Tralala like a lady, how does she act in return?
(a) Like a lady.
(b) She pretends that she does not feel anything.
(c) She falls in love with him.
(d) She treats him like a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tralala distinguish herself from other women?
2. How does Irene feel about her job?
3. As the strike continues, what happens to the workers' feelings about the strike?
4. How does Harry feel about his wife?
5. Harry begins to ask about the transvestites that sometimes hang around Greeks. As Harry begins to question the others what does Vinnie realize?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)