|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hipsters view the sailors as?
(a) Rednecks and squares.
(b) Redneck idiots.
2. What is Spook obsessed with?
(b) His job.
3. To help his daughter what does Suzy's father do?
(a) Makes Tommy swear to marry her.
(b) Gives her money.
(c) Pays for an elaborate wedding.
(d) Reserves a hall for Tommy and Suzy to get married in.
4. What really ends up happening to Tommy?
(a) He passes out at the party.
(b) He wanders around drunk.
(c) He goes home with his friends.
(d) He goes home with another woman.
5. How do Freddie and the gang leave the sailor?
(b) Lying in a pool of vomit and blood.
(c) Bloodied and wounded.
(d) Sad and ignored.
6. What does Georgie beg Vinnie to do?
(a) Take her to her friend's house.
(b) Kiss her to make things better.
(c) To take her home.
(d) Take her to the hospital.
7. What do the hipsters do in this situation?
(a) They chase everyone with their cars.
(b) They choose to go back to the bar.
(c) They get excited and wait to attack.
(d) They back down.
8. What do the sailors decide to do?
(a) They run away from the fight.
(b) Go back inside the bar.
(c) Join the fight.
(d) Get the police.
9. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
(c) Lonely in their lives.
10. What does Georgie's misery cause her to abuse?
(a) Her mother's attention.
(b) Relationships with others.
(d) Alcohol and drugs.
11. At this new location, how do all the men begin to feel about the transvestites?
(a) They do not care either way about them.
(b) Extremely attracted.
(c) They want women instead of drag queens.
(d) They see them as more attractive.
12. What do the hipsters tell the police when they find them beating up a sailor?
(a) The sailor was stealing from them.
(b) The sailor started the fight.
(c) The sailor took their car.
(d) The sailor insulted Freddie's wife.
13. What does she hope she can find there?
(a) Some support from her friends.
(b) More alcohol.
(c) Some peace.
(d) More drugs.
14. What makes the violence in the novel the most shocking?
(a) The brutality of Selby.
(b) Women partake in it.
(c) Vinnie's cunning ability.
(d) The way that Selby writes it.
15. Who do the sailors think the hipsters sympathize with?
(a) Multiracial people.
(c) Black people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Suzy's father?
2. Why does Shelby think that people participate in violence?
3. Georgie waits for her mother to fall asleep so that she can go where?
4. What do the hipsters try to clean Georgie's wound with?
5. What is the violence in the novel equal to?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)