|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spook like to examine?
(a) Screws in motorbikes.
(b) Helmets he can buy.
(c) Women's looks.
(d) Men's looks.
2. Who do the sailors think the hipsters sympathize with?
(a) Black people.
(b) Multiracial people.
3. Why does this person say she will never get married?
(a) She knows how to use birth control.
(b) She has never wanted to have a family.
(c) She hopes to get the attention of men.
(d) She thinks men get bored with their wives.
4. How does Spook react to their laughter?
(a) He is saddened by it.
(b) He ignores them because he knows they are jealous.
(c) He ignores it because he is so happy with his new bike.
(d) He wishes they could be happy for him.
5. Even though Tommy and Spook are supposed to be friends, how is Spook treated?
(a) Like a brother.
(b) Like the baby's uncle.
(c) Very well.
6. What do Suzie and Tommy end up having?
(a) A baby boy.
(b) A boy and a girl.
(c) Identical twins.
(d) A girl.
7. Why won't the owner of the bar address Freddie and his group as "Sir"?
(a) He does not think they value themseleves.
(b) He does not respect the unemployed group.
(c) They are always rude to him.
(d) He does not like the hipsters.
8. What does the reader wonder about regarding the environment this child will grow up in?
(a) Will it be loving?
(b) Will it be rich?
(c) Will the parents stay together?
(d) Will it be stable?
9. How does Georgie end her night?
(a) She goes home crying.
(b) She decides to get completely drunk.
(c) She tries to forget by sleeping with Harry.
(d) She tries to reunite with her brother.
10. When did he finally go into a correctional institution?
(a) At 14 years old.
(b) When he was 16 years old.
(c) When he was 13 years old.
(d) At 22 years old.
11. What does the Bible passage create for the beginning of the story?
(a) It creates the novel's moral center.
(b) Create anger in the characters.
(c) Makes the reader bored.
(d) Sets the mood or tone.
12. To help his daughter what does Suzy's father do?
(a) Makes Tommy swear to marry her.
(b) Reserves a hall for Tommy and Suzy to get married in.
(c) Pays for an elaborate wedding.
(d) Gives her money.
13. Why doesn't Georgie want to go home?
(a) She is afraid her father will be home.
(b) She thinks her mother will be frightened.
(c) Her brother is at home and makes her life miserable.
(d) She hates being at home with her family.
14. When Vinnie left prison, how did he feel?
(a) Like a grown man.
(b) Challenged with how to live his life.
(d) Very angry about life.
15. What is the name of the bar owner at the Greeks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this do to Georgie?
2. What do the hipsters do in this situation?
3. What does Brooklyn show it can have?
4. What does Tommy really enjoy doing?
5. Who does Georgie call to come to the party that has begun?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)