|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader hope this story will be?
(a) The reader wants Tommy to cheat.
(b) The reader wants Spook to succeed.
(c) The reader hopes it will be a positive story.
(d) The reader would like Suzie to stand up for herself.
2. At the bike shops, what does Spook often do?
(a) Picks up men.
(b) Picks up women.
(c) Works there to make exra money to support his drug habit.
(d) Spend time at shops looking at spare parts.
3. At the end of the night, where does Suzy go?
(a) She leaves with her husband.
(b) She goes home with another man.
(c) She takes the baby and leaves.
(d) She goes to her parents' house.
4. How does the first chapter of the book begin?
(a) With an story.
(b) With a message from the author.
(c) With a quote from the Bible.
(d) Asking the reader for forgiveness.
5. Why does Georgie suddenly become hysterical?
(a) She knows Vinnie will never love her.
(b) Vinnie hits her in the face.
(c) The knife finally stabs her.
(d) She thinks her brother is coming after her.
6. What do the sailors decide to do?
(a) They run away from the fight.
(b) Get the police.
(c) Go back inside the bar.
(d) Join the fight.
7. Why doesn't Georgie want to go home?
(a) She is afraid her father will be home.
(b) She hates being at home with her family.
(c) Her brother is at home and makes her life miserable.
(d) She thinks her mother will be frightened.
8. What is the name of the bar owner at the Greeks?
9. What kind of relationship do Rosie and Freddie have?
(a) Rosie is Freddie's sister.
(b) They have been dating for 3 years.
(c) Freddie is Rosie's pimp.
(d) They occassionally sleep together.
10. What could have stopped Tommy from making a bad decision?
(a) Going home with Spook.
(b) Going for a ride with Spook.
(c) Getting a ride to Spook's apartment.
(d) Talking to Spook.
11. What is wrong with Suzy's father?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He has a deadly disease.
(c) He hates his daughter.
(d) He is not around.
12. What really ends up happening to Tommy?
(a) He wanders around drunk.
(b) He passes out at the party.
(c) He goes home with his friends.
(d) He goes home with another woman.
13. In the parking lot, what game do the hipsters decide to play?
(a) They throw the horseshoe around.
(b) They play a card game called Spades.
(c) They play chicken with their cars.
(d) They play a game of mum.
14. What does the reader wonder about regarding the environment this child will grow up in?
(a) Will the parents stay together?
(b) Will it be rich?
(c) Will it be loving?
(d) Will it be stable?
15. How does Georgie feel about her lifestyle?
(a) She hides from others.
(b) She loves it because she has many friends.
(c) She feels opressed.
(d) She will not hide her lifestyle of sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be one of the biggest obstacles in Georgie's life?
2. What do the hipsters try to clean Georgie's wound with?
3. Who does Vinnie end up choosing?
4. Once Georgie gets to this place, what are most of the people complaining about?
5. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)