|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the violence in the novel equal to?
(a) The beast in the Bible quote.
(b) The fight was not very violent.
(c) Violence in war.
(d) Crime on the streets.
2. What does Rosie ask Freddie for?
(d) For $.50.
3. What does the reader wonder about regarding the environment this child will grow up in?
(a) Will it be loving?
(b) Will it be stable?
(c) Will the parents stay together?
(d) Will it be rich?
4. What makes the violence in the novel the most shocking?
(a) Vinnie's cunning ability.
(b) The brutality of Selby.
(c) The way that Selby writes it.
(d) Women partake in it.
5. Why does Shelby think that people participate in violence?
(b) They need entertainment.
(c) Because they cannot control their anger.
(d) They hate one another.
6. What seems to happen a lot in the neighborhood in Brooklyn?
(a) Many children are killed.
(b) Many men are sent off to war.
(c) The community is very close.
(d) A lot of senseless violence.
7. How does Georgie end her night?
(a) She goes home crying.
(b) She decides to get completely drunk.
(c) She tries to forget by sleeping with Harry.
(d) She tries to reunite with her brother.
8. What does the author think that Georgie and her mother's relationship is?
(a) Self destructive.
(c) Too dependent on one another.
(d) Very strong.
9. What has Georgie taken that makes her a little numb to the pain?
10. What is wrong with Suzy's father?
(a) He is not around.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He has a deadly disease.
(d) He hates his daughter.
11. Once Georgie gets to this place, what are most of the people complaining about?
(a) They have run out of alcohol.
(b) They have mostly run out of drugs.
(c) That there are so many drag queen prostitutes.
(d) They (the drag queens) are sad that there are no men there to flirt with.
12. What does Tommy really enjoy doing?
(a) Going to work.
(b) Working on his bike.
(c) Going for rides on his motorbike with Suzy.
(d) Having a drink with friends.
13. At the wedding celebration, who makes him or herself well known to everyone at the party?
14. When did he finally go into a correctional institution?
(a) At 14 years old.
(b) At 22 years old.
(c) When he was 16 years old.
(d) When he was 13 years old.
15. What do the hippies think of the music that the sailors play?
(a) They enjoy it.
(b) They hate the sailors but like their music.
(c) They think it is very "square."
(d) They like the music and the sailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Tommy and Spook are supposed to be friends, how is Spook treated?
2. What are Vinnie and Sal thought to be?
3. How do Freddie and the gang leave the sailor?
4. Outside of Greeks one night, Georgie tries to describe her feelings for Vinnie. What does Vinnie do?
5. What is the name of the bar owner at the Greeks?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)