|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who likes to hang out at the Greeks?
(a) Hipsters and sailors.
(b) Prostitute, hipsters and sailors.
(c) Sailors and hipsters.
(d) Prostitutes and sailors.
2. What does Georgie beg Vinnie to do?
(a) To take her home.
(b) Kiss her to make things better.
(c) Take her to her friend's house.
(d) Take her to the hospital.
3. What does Georgie's misery cause her to abuse?
(a) Relationships with others.
(b) Alcohol and drugs.
(d) Her mother's attention.
4. At this new location, how do all the men begin to feel about the transvestites?
(a) They want women instead of drag queens.
(b) They do not care either way about them.
(c) They see them as more attractive.
(d) Extremely attracted.
5. What does the reader wonder about regarding the environment this child will grow up in?
(a) Will the parents stay together?
(b) Will it be rich?
(c) Will it be stable?
(d) Will it be loving?
6. Who do the sailors think the hipsters sympathize with?
(b) Multiracial people.
(d) Black people.
7. How does Georgie end her night?
(a) She decides to get completely drunk.
(b) She tries to reunite with her brother.
(c) She tries to forget by sleeping with Harry.
(d) She goes home crying.
8. How does Georgie isolate herself?
(a) By wanting to hang out with her mother.
(b) By the ways she dresses.
(c) Not going out to be with friends.
(d) With her hair style.
9. At the bike shops, what does Spook often do?
(a) Works there to make exra money to support his drug habit.
(b) Picks up men.
(c) Spend time at shops looking at spare parts.
(d) Picks up women.
10. What do the hipsters view the sailors as?
(c) Redneck idiots.
(d) Rednecks and squares.
11. What has Georgie taken that makes her a little numb to the pain?
12. Georgie waits for her mother to fall asleep so that she can go where?
(a) To Vinnies.
(b) To the market.
(c) Out with Regina.
(d) To Goldie's house.
13. Why does this person say she will never get married?
(a) She has never wanted to have a family.
(b) She knows how to use birth control.
(c) She thinks men get bored with their wives.
(d) She hopes to get the attention of men.
14. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
(b) Lonely in their lives.
15. What does Spook carry around with him?
(a) His little black book.
(b) His license to drive.
(c) A motorbike helmet.
(d) Spare parts for a bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the novel, what does Tommy give in to?
2. Who does Vinnie end up choosing?
3. What do the hipsters try to clean Georgie's wound with?
4. Who does Georgie call to come to the party that has begun?
5. Who backs up the story?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)