|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone seem to be doing?
(a) Putting their way of life above each other.
(b) Bringing each other down.
(c) Making better lives for themselves.
(d) Trying to get ahead in life.
2. Why is Georgie obsessed with Vinnie?
(a) He is sometimes nice to her, so she remembers that.
(b) Vinnie constantly leads Georgie on.
(c) Vinnie is very handsome.
(d) Vinnie has confessed he has feelings for Georgie.
3. Why doesn't Georgie want to go home?
(a) Her brother is at home and makes her life miserable.
(b) She thinks her mother will be frightened.
(c) She is afraid her father will be home.
(d) She hates being at home with her family.
4. What is Spook obsessed with?
(c) His job.
5. What do the hipsters view the sailors as?
(a) Rednecks and squares.
(d) Redneck idiots.
6. What is the violence in the novel equal to?
(a) The fight was not very violent.
(b) The beast in the Bible quote.
(c) Crime on the streets.
(d) Violence in war.
7. Who does Vinnie end up choosing?
8. When this group runs out of things to talk about, what do they end up doing?
(a) Becoming angry with one another.
(b) Create violence.
(c) Going home.
(d) Getting desperate.
9. How does he react to the news?
(a) He is overcome with sadness.
(b) He is angry but then happy he has a grandson.
(c) He hates her decisions.
(d) He wants to be at the wedding.
10. What does Rosie ask Freddie for?
(d) For $.50.
11. Why does Georgie suddenly become hysterical?
(a) The knife finally stabs her.
(b) She thinks her brother is coming after her.
(c) She knows Vinnie will never love her.
(d) Vinnie hits her in the face.
12. In this story, what does it seem that people do to one another?
(a) They respect all life.
(b) People want to help one another.
(c) They put each other's lives ahead of others.
(d) They hope to help other's children.
13. What does Brooklyn show it can have?
(a) A community spirit.
(b) Fun in the community.
(c) A healthy community.
(d) An escape for residents.
14. What do the hipsters do in this situation?
(a) They get excited and wait to attack.
(b) They chase everyone with their cars.
(c) They choose to go back to the bar.
(d) They back down.
15. At the end of the novel, what does Tommy give in to?
(a) Spook's incompetence.
(b) His mother's will.
(c) Suzie's demands.
(d) Peer pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this do to Georgie?
2. What do the hipsters become scared of?
3. What is the second reason that people participate in violence?
4. What do the hipsters tell the police when they find them beating up a sailor?
5. How does Spook react to their laughter?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)