|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Vinnie end up choosing?
2. How does Spook react to their laughter?
(a) He ignores them because he knows they are jealous.
(b) He wishes they could be happy for him.
(c) He is saddened by it.
(d) He ignores it because he is so happy with his new bike.
3. What are Tommy's true intentions for the end of the night?
(a) To leave and go home to his wife.
(b) To spend time with his friends.
(c) To spend some time alone.
(d) To go home with another woman.
4. What does everyone seem to be doing?
(a) Putting their way of life above each other.
(b) Trying to get ahead in life.
(c) Bringing each other down.
(d) Making better lives for themselves.
5. At the wedding celebration, who makes him or herself well known to everyone at the party?
6. Why does Shelby think that people participate in violence?
(a) They hate one another.
(c) Because they cannot control their anger.
(d) They need entertainment.
7. What is wrong with Suzy's father?
(a) He hates his daughter.
(b) He has a deadly disease.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He is not around.
8. What is Georgie failing to address about her life and her true feelings?
(a) Her lonliness.
(b) Her urge to be "normal."
(c) Her desire for life.
(d) Her want of a relationship in her life.
9. Where is the ceremony performed?
(a) Borough Hall.
(b) Grand Hall.
(d) At Murphy's Hall.
10. What does Spook like to examine?
(a) Women's looks.
(b) Men's looks.
(c) Screws in motorbikes.
(d) Helmets he can buy.
11. At the end of the novel, what does Tommy give in to?
(a) His mother's will.
(b) Spook's incompetence.
(c) Suzie's demands.
(d) Peer pressure.
12. What are Vinnie and Sal thought to be?
(a) Good people.
(b) Smart men.
(d) Old men.
13. What does Georgie's misery cause her to abuse?
(b) Alcohol and drugs.
(c) Her mother's attention.
(d) Relationships with others.
14. What does Tommy really enjoy doing?
(a) Going to work.
(b) Having a drink with friends.
(c) Working on his bike.
(d) Going for rides on his motorbike with Suzy.
15. Ultimately, what does it seem that Tommy gives into?
(a) Peer pressure.
(c) A dare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Vinnie given so many chances to lead a good, criminal free life?
2. What has Georgie taken that makes her a little numb to the pain?
3. What do the hipsters view the sailors as?
4. What is Spook obsessed with?
5. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)