|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader think would have happened to the solider, had a police officer not stopped the beating?
(a) Someone would have died.
(b) The gang would have gone to jail for killing.
(c) The sailor would have overcome his abusers.
(d) The sailors would have killed the hipsters.
2. How does Georgie isolate herself?
(a) By wanting to hang out with her mother.
(b) By the ways she dresses.
(c) With her hair style.
(d) Not going out to be with friends.
3. At the bike shops, what does Spook often do?
(a) Picks up women.
(b) Spend time at shops looking at spare parts.
(c) Works there to make exra money to support his drug habit.
(d) Picks up men.
4. How does Shelby write the fight scenes?
(a) Harsh and real tone.
(b) in a fast paced manner.
(c) Stream-of-consciousness style.
(d) Rushed tone.
5. What is the second reason that people participate in violence?
(a) There are too many fractions divinding people.
(b) They hate those who rule them.
(c) They hate themselves.
(d) They need something to fixate on.
6. Who likes to hang out at the Greeks?
(a) Hipsters and sailors.
(b) Prostitute, hipsters and sailors.
(c) Prostitutes and sailors.
(d) Sailors and hipsters.
7. Where is the ceremony performed?
(a) Grand Hall.
(b) At Murphy's Hall.
(d) Borough Hall.
8. How do Freddie and the gang leave the sailor?
(a) Bloodied and wounded.
(b) Sad and ignored.
(d) Lying in a pool of vomit and blood.
9. How does Spook react to their laughter?
(a) He ignores them because he knows they are jealous.
(b) He wishes they could be happy for him.
(c) He is saddened by it.
(d) He ignores it because he is so happy with his new bike.
10. What do the hipsters do in this situation?
(a) They chase everyone with their cars.
(b) They choose to go back to the bar.
(c) They back down.
(d) They get excited and wait to attack.
11. Why does Shelby think that people participate in violence?
(a) Because they cannot control their anger.
(b) They hate one another.
(c) They need entertainment.
12. Why do the others laugh at Spook's bike?
(a) Because he is annoying like a little child.
(b) Because it is a police bike it will not last long.
(c) He trips and falls.
(d) He crashes his bike the first day.
13. What does Georgie beg Vinnie to do?
(a) Take her to her friend's house.
(b) Kiss her to make things better.
(c) Take her to the hospital.
(d) To take her home.
14. When Vinnie left prison, how did he feel?
(a) Like a grown man.
(b) Challenged with how to live his life.
(d) Very angry about life.
15. At home, how does Georgie's mother feel about Georgie's life choices?
(a) She hates her son for dressing like a woman.
(b) She hates Georgie for being gay.
(c) She loves her son, but not the woman he pretends to be.
(d) She still loves Georgie because she is her son no matter what.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best description for the end of this story?
2. What are Vinnie and Sal thought to be?
3. What do the hipsters become scared of?
4. Why is Georgie obsessed with Vinnie?
5. What does Georgie's misery cause her to abuse?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)