|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the sailors think the hipsters sympathize with?
(b) Multiracial people.
(d) Black people.
2. Who likes to hang out at the Greeks?
(a) Prostitute, hipsters and sailors.
(b) Prostitutes and sailors.
(c) Sailors and hipsters.
(d) Hipsters and sailors.
3. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
(d) Lonely in their lives.
4. How does he react to the news?
(a) He wants to be at the wedding.
(b) He is overcome with sadness.
(c) He hates her decisions.
(d) He is angry but then happy he has a grandson.
5. What is the name of the bar owner at the Greeks?
6. What are Vinnie and Sal thought to be?
(a) Smart men.
(b) Good people.
(c) Old men.
7. Why does this person say she will never get married?
(a) She thinks men get bored with their wives.
(b) She has never wanted to have a family.
(c) She knows how to use birth control.
(d) She hopes to get the attention of men.
8. What could have stopped Tommy from making a bad decision?
(a) Getting a ride to Spook's apartment.
(b) Talking to Spook.
(c) Going home with Spook.
(d) Going for a ride with Spook.
9. Where is the ceremony performed?
(b) At Murphy's Hall.
(c) Grand Hall.
(d) Borough Hall.
10. What does Rosie ask Freddie for?
(a) For $.50.
11. What is the violence in the novel equal to?
(a) Crime on the streets.
(b) The fight was not very violent.
(c) Violence in war.
(d) The beast in the Bible quote.
12. How does Shelby write the fight scenes?
(a) Harsh and real tone.
(b) Stream-of-consciousness style.
(c) Rushed tone.
(d) in a fast paced manner.
13. When this group runs out of things to talk about, what do they end up doing?
(a) Becoming angry with one another.
(b) Getting desperate.
(c) Create violence.
(d) Going home.
14. What does Spook carry around with him?
(a) His little black book.
(b) Spare parts for a bike.
(c) A motorbike helmet.
(d) His license to drive.
15. What does Georgie's misery cause her to abuse?
(a) Her mother's attention.
(c) Alcohol and drugs.
(d) Relationships with others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Vinnie given so many chances to lead a good, criminal free life?
2. What starts a fight between the hipsters and the sailors?
3. What do the hipsters do in this situation?
4. What doesn't Suzie's father consider concerning his daughter's pregnancy?
5. Why does Shelby think that people participate in violence?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)