|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Vinnie left prison, how did he feel?
(a) Like a grown man.
(b) Challenged with how to live his life.
(d) Very angry about life.
2. What does the reader think would have happened to the solider, had a police officer not stopped the beating?
(a) Someone would have died.
(b) The gang would have gone to jail for killing.
(c) The sailor would have overcome his abusers.
(d) The sailors would have killed the hipsters.
3. How does Georgie isolate herself?
(a) Not going out to be with friends.
(b) With her hair style.
(c) By wanting to hang out with her mother.
(d) By the ways she dresses.
4. What is Spook obsessed with?
(b) His job.
5. How does he react to the news?
(a) He hates her decisions.
(b) He is angry but then happy he has a grandson.
(c) He is overcome with sadness.
(d) He wants to be at the wedding.
6. What does the Bible passage create for the beginning of the story?
(a) Sets the mood or tone.
(b) It creates the novel's moral center.
(c) Makes the reader bored.
(d) Create anger in the characters.
7. Why is Georgie obsessed with Vinnie?
(a) He is sometimes nice to her, so she remembers that.
(b) Vinnie has confessed he has feelings for Georgie.
(c) Vinnie is very handsome.
(d) Vinnie constantly leads Georgie on.
8. When this group runs out of things to talk about, what do they end up doing?
(a) Getting desperate.
(b) Becoming angry with one another.
(c) Going home.
(d) Create violence.
9. What does the author think that Georgie and her mother's relationship is?
(a) Too dependent on one another.
(b) Self destructive.
(d) Very strong.
10. Outside of Greeks one night, Georgie tries to describe her feelings for Vinnie. What does Vinnie do?
(a) He tells Georgie to get lost.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He tells her he loves her.
(d) He teases her.
11. What are Tommy's true intentions for the end of the night?
(a) To spend some time alone.
(b) To leave and go home to his wife.
(c) To spend time with his friends.
(d) To go home with another woman.
12. What kind of relationship do Rosie and Freddie have?
(a) They have been dating for 3 years.
(b) Rosie is Freddie's sister.
(c) Freddie is Rosie's pimp.
(d) They occassionally sleep together.
13. What doesn't he notice about his daughter until it is too late?
(a) She is going to run off with her husband to get married.
(b) She is about to commit sucide.
(c) She was pregnant.
(d) She has cut her hair.
14. What makes the violence in the novel the most shocking?
(a) The brutality of Selby.
(b) The way that Selby writes it.
(c) Vinnie's cunning ability.
(d) Women partake in it.
15. What do Suzie and Tommy end up having?
(a) A girl.
(b) A baby boy.
(c) Identical twins.
(d) A boy and a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this person say she will never get married?
2. What seems to be one of the biggest obstacles in Georgie's life?
3. What starts a fight between the hipsters and the sailors?
4. Why does Shelby think that people participate in violence?
5. What is the best description for the end of this story?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)