|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hippies think of the music that the sailors play?
(a) They hate the sailors but like their music.
(b) They enjoy it.
(c) They like the music and the sailors.
(d) They think it is very "square."
2. Why do Tommy and Spook often meet?
(a) For coffee.
(b) For beer.
(c) To talk about motorbikes.
(d) To do drug deals.
3. Where is the ceremony performed?
(b) Borough Hall.
(c) Grand Hall.
(d) At Murphy's Hall.
4. What is wrong with Suzy's father?
(a) He is not around.
(b) He has a deadly disease.
(c) He hates his daughter.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
5. What do the hipsters tell the police when they find them beating up a sailor?
(a) The sailor took their car.
(b) The sailor insulted Freddie's wife.
(c) The sailor started the fight.
(d) The sailor was stealing from them.
6. How does Shelby write the fight scenes?
(a) Rushed tone.
(b) Harsh and real tone.
(c) Stream-of-consciousness style.
(d) in a fast paced manner.
7. What does Spook carry around with him?
(a) A motorbike helmet.
(b) Spare parts for a bike.
(c) His license to drive.
(d) His little black book.
8. When did Vinnie begin his criminal activities?
(a) At 20.
(b) At the age of 12.
(c) At the age of 19.
(d) At 10.
9. Why do the others laugh at Spook's bike?
(a) He crashes his bike the first day.
(b) Because he is annoying like a little child.
(c) He trips and falls.
(d) Because it is a police bike it will not last long.
10. What do the hipsters become scared of?
(a) They think Georgie will kill.
(b) They think that Georgie might go to the police.
(c) The cops will hear Georgie screaming.
(d) They think Georgie's brother will kill them.
11. Who likes to hang out at the Greeks?
(a) Prostitute, hipsters and sailors.
(b) Hipsters and sailors.
(c) Prostitutes and sailors.
(d) Sailors and hipsters.
12. What does Georgie beg Vinnie to do?
(a) Kiss her to make things better.
(b) Take her to her friend's house.
(c) To take her home.
(d) Take her to the hospital.
13. What is the violence in the novel equal to?
(a) The beast in the Bible quote.
(b) Violence in war.
(c) The fight was not very violent.
(d) Crime on the streets.
14. What are Vinnie and Sal thought to be?
(a) Smart men.
(c) Old men.
(d) Good people.
15. At the bike shops, what does Spook often do?
(a) Spend time at shops looking at spare parts.
(b) Picks up women.
(c) Picks up men.
(d) Works there to make exra money to support his drug habit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would people describe the ceremony?
2. At this new location, how do all the men begin to feel about the transvestites?
3. How does Georgie feel about her lifestyle?
4. What does Rosie ask Freddie for?
5. What seems to be one of the biggest obstacles in Georgie's life?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)