|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the bike shops, what does Spook often do?
(a) Works there to make exra money to support his drug habit.
(b) Picks up women.
(c) Spend time at shops looking at spare parts.
(d) Picks up men.
2. What does Georgie beg Vinnie to do?
(a) Kiss her to make things better.
(b) Take her to the hospital.
(c) To take her home.
(d) Take her to her friend's house.
3. What do Suzie and Tommy end up having?
(a) Identical twins.
(b) A girl.
(c) A boy and a girl.
(d) A baby boy.
4. What does the Bible passage create for the beginning of the story?
(a) Sets the mood or tone.
(b) It creates the novel's moral center.
(c) Makes the reader bored.
(d) Create anger in the characters.
5. What do the sailors decide to do?
(a) Go back inside the bar.
(b) Get the police.
(c) Join the fight.
(d) They run away from the fight.
6. What is Georgie failing to address about her life and her true feelings?
(a) Her want of a relationship in her life.
(b) Her urge to be "normal."
(c) Her lonliness.
(d) Her desire for life.
7. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
(b) Lonely in their lives.
8. Who do the sailors think the hipsters sympathize with?
(b) Black people.
(d) Multiracial people.
9. What does the reader wonder about regarding the environment this child will grow up in?
(a) Will it be rich?
(b) Will it be stable?
(c) Will it be loving?
(d) Will the parents stay together?
10. Who likes to hang out at the Greeks?
(a) Prostitutes and sailors.
(b) Sailors and hipsters.
(c) Prostitute, hipsters and sailors.
(d) Hipsters and sailors.
11. What does the reader hope this story will be?
(a) The reader hopes it will be a positive story.
(b) The reader wants Tommy to cheat.
(c) The reader would like Suzie to stand up for herself.
(d) The reader wants Spook to succeed.
12. What is wrong with Suzy's father?
(a) He has a deadly disease.
(b) He hates his daughter.
(c) He is not around.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
13. What does Rosie ask Freddie for?
(d) For $.50.
14. What is the second reason that people participate in violence?
(a) They need something to fixate on.
(b) They hate themselves.
(c) There are too many fractions divinding people.
(d) They hate those who rule them.
15. What are Vinnie and Sal thought to be?
(a) Good people.
(c) Old men.
(d) Smart men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the owner of the bar address Freddie and his group as "Sir"?
2. Even though Tommy and Spook are supposed to be friends, how is Spook treated?
3. What does Spook like to examine?
4. What is the name of the bar owner at the Greeks?
5. How does Spook react to their laughter?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)