|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What really ends up happening to Tommy?
(a) He goes home with his friends.
(b) He passes out at the party.
(c) He goes home with another woman.
(d) He wanders around drunk.
2. Why is Georgie obsessed with Vinnie?
(a) He is sometimes nice to her, so she remembers that.
(b) Vinnie has confessed he has feelings for Georgie.
(c) Vinnie constantly leads Georgie on.
(d) Vinnie is very handsome.
3. What is Spook obsessed with?
(a) His job.
4. At the end of the novel, what does Tommy give in to?
(a) Spook's incompetence.
(b) Suzie's demands.
(c) Peer pressure.
(d) His mother's will.
5. What kind of relationship do Rosie and Freddie have?
(a) They occassionally sleep together.
(b) They have been dating for 3 years.
(c) Rosie is Freddie's sister.
(d) Freddie is Rosie's pimp.
6. What does Georgie beg Vinnie to do?
(a) Take her to her friend's house.
(b) Kiss her to make things better.
(c) Take her to the hospital.
(d) To take her home.
7. What does the reader think would have happened to the solider, had a police officer not stopped the beating?
(a) Someone would have died.
(b) The sailor would have overcome his abusers.
(c) The sailors would have killed the hipsters.
(d) The gang would have gone to jail for killing.
8. Why does Georgie suddenly become hysterical?
(a) She knows Vinnie will never love her.
(b) The knife finally stabs her.
(c) She thinks her brother is coming after her.
(d) Vinnie hits her in the face.
9. What does the Bible passage create for the beginning of the story?
(a) Makes the reader bored.
(b) Sets the mood or tone.
(c) It creates the novel's moral center.
(d) Create anger in the characters.
10. After the party has gotten out of control, where must everyone relocate to?
(a) Miss Tony's apartment.
(b) Georgie's place.
(c) Ginger's place.
(d) Vinnie's apartment.
11. Who likes to hang out at the Greeks?
(a) Prostitute, hipsters and sailors.
(b) Sailors and hipsters.
(c) Prostitutes and sailors.
(d) Hipsters and sailors.
12. What is Georgie failing to address about her life and her true feelings?
(a) Her want of a relationship in her life.
(b) Her lonliness.
(c) Her desire for life.
(d) Her urge to be "normal."
13. What is the name of the bar owner at the Greeks?
14. What doesn't Suzie's father consider concerning his daughter's pregnancy?
(a) Throwing her out of the house.
(b) Adopting the baby.
(c) Punishing Tommy for being pregnant.
(d) Punishing her for getting pregnant.
15. What could have stopped Tommy from making a bad decision?
(a) Going for a ride with Spook.
(b) Getting a ride to Spook's apartment.
(c) Going home with Spook.
(d) Talking to Spook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Georgie different from many people around her?
2. Why does this person say she will never get married?
3. How does Georgie feel about her lifestyle?
4. What do the hipsters try to clean Georgie's wound with?
5. Who does Georgie call to come to the party that has begun?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)