|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Suzie and Tommy end up having?
(a) A girl.
(b) A baby boy.
(c) Identical twins.
(d) A boy and a girl.
2. What does Georgie's misery cause her to abuse?
(b) Relationships with others.
(c) Alcohol and drugs.
(d) Her mother's attention.
3. What is Georgie failing to address about her life and her true feelings?
(a) Her desire for life.
(b) Her urge to be "normal."
(c) Her want of a relationship in her life.
(d) Her lonliness.
4. What do Vinnie's friends do?
(a) They begin throwing a knife at Georgie.
(b) Teasing Georgie.
(c) They tell Georgie to leave Vinnie alone.
(d) They try to make Georgie feel better.
5. When Vinnie left prison, how did he feel?
(b) Like a grown man.
(c) Challenged with how to live his life.
(d) Very angry about life.
6. What does she hope she can find there?
(a) Some peace.
(b) More alcohol.
(c) Some support from her friends.
(d) More drugs.
7. At the end of the novel, what does Tommy give in to?
(a) Peer pressure.
(b) Suzie's demands.
(c) His mother's will.
(d) Spook's incompetence.
8. At the end of the night, where does Suzy go?
(a) She goes to her parents' house.
(b) She takes the baby and leaves.
(c) She leaves with her husband.
(d) She goes home with another man.
9. Why is Georgie different from many people around her?
(a) She is a homosexual transvestite.
(b) She is a transvestite.
(c) She looks like a man.
(d) She is gay.
10. Why doesn't Georgie want to go home?
(a) She hates being at home with her family.
(b) She thinks her mother will be frightened.
(c) Her brother is at home and makes her life miserable.
(d) She is afraid her father will be home.
11. What do the hippies think of the music that the sailors play?
(a) They enjoy it.
(b) They like the music and the sailors.
(c) They think it is very "square."
(d) They hate the sailors but like their music.
12. When did he finally go into a correctional institution?
(a) When he was 16 years old.
(b) At 14 years old.
(c) When he was 13 years old.
(d) At 22 years old.
13. What kind of relationship do Rosie and Freddie have?
(a) Freddie is Rosie's pimp.
(b) They occassionally sleep together.
(c) They have been dating for 3 years.
(d) Rosie is Freddie's sister.
14. At the bike shops, what does Spook often do?
(a) Picks up men.
(b) Spend time at shops looking at spare parts.
(c) Works there to make exra money to support his drug habit.
(d) Picks up women.
15. What do the hipsters tell the police when they find them beating up a sailor?
(a) The sailor took their car.
(b) The sailor was stealing from them.
(c) The sailor insulted Freddie's wife.
(d) The sailor started the fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second reason that people participate in violence?
2. Who does Georgie call to come to the party that has begun?
3. What does Tommy really enjoy doing?
4. What is the name of the bar owner at the Greeks?
5. When did Vinnie begin his criminal activities?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)