|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Vinnie left prison, how did he feel?
(a) Very angry about life.
(c) Challenged with how to live his life.
(d) Like a grown man.
2. What does the Bible passage create for the beginning of the story?
(a) It creates the novel's moral center.
(b) Makes the reader bored.
(c) Sets the mood or tone.
(d) Create anger in the characters.
3. Why does Georgie suddenly become hysterical?
(a) The knife finally stabs her.
(b) She knows Vinnie will never love her.
(c) Vinnie hits her in the face.
(d) She thinks her brother is coming after her.
4. What does Georgie beg Vinnie to do?
(a) Take her to her friend's house.
(b) Take her to the hospital.
(c) Kiss her to make things better.
(d) To take her home.
5. What do the hipsters tell the police when they find them beating up a sailor?
(a) The sailor insulted Freddie's wife.
(b) The sailor was stealing from them.
(c) The sailor started the fight.
(d) The sailor took their car.
6. What has Georgie taken that makes her a little numb to the pain?
7. What seems to happen a lot in the neighborhood in Brooklyn?
(a) Many children are killed.
(b) Many men are sent off to war.
(c) The community is very close.
(d) A lot of senseless violence.
8. What do the regulars at Greeks bar do to Spook?
(a) Make him run their errands.
(b) They support him in his aim to become a better person.
(c) They help him study ways to improve his motorbike.
(d) They tease him about his obsessions.
9. What do Vinnie's friends do?
(a) Teasing Georgie.
(b) They try to make Georgie feel better.
(c) They tell Georgie to leave Vinnie alone.
(d) They begin throwing a knife at Georgie.
10. At the end of the novel, what does Tommy give in to?
(a) Spook's incompetence.
(b) Suzie's demands.
(c) Peer pressure.
(d) His mother's will.
11. Who backs up the story?
(d) The hipsters.
12. Georgie waits for her mother to fall asleep so that she can go where?
(a) To Goldie's house.
(b) To Vinnies.
(c) To the market.
(d) Out with Regina.
13. What kind of relationship do Rosie and Freddie have?
(a) Rosie is Freddie's sister.
(b) Freddie is Rosie's pimp.
(c) They have been dating for 3 years.
(d) They occassionally sleep together.
14. At the bike shops, what does Spook often do?
(a) Spend time at shops looking at spare parts.
(b) Picks up women.
(c) Picks up men.
(d) Works there to make exra money to support his drug habit.
15. To help his daughter what does Suzy's father do?
(a) Reserves a hall for Tommy and Suzy to get married in.
(b) Makes Tommy swear to marry her.
(c) Pays for an elaborate wedding.
(d) Gives her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Suzie's father consider concerning his daughter's pregnancy?
2. At home, how does Georgie's mother feel about Georgie's life choices?
3. Why doesn't Georgie want to go home?
4. When this group runs out of things to talk about, what do they end up doing?
5. What do the sailors view the hipsters as?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)