|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy really enjoy doing?
(a) Having a drink with friends.
(b) Going for rides on his motorbike with Suzy.
(c) Going to work.
(d) Working on his bike.
2. When Vinnie left prison, how did he feel?
(a) Like a grown man.
(b) Challenged with how to live his life.
(c) Very angry about life.
3. What do the hipsters do in this situation?
(a) They choose to go back to the bar.
(b) They chase everyone with their cars.
(c) They get excited and wait to attack.
(d) They back down.
4. What is the violence in the novel equal to?
(a) The fight was not very violent.
(b) Crime on the streets.
(c) Violence in war.
(d) The beast in the Bible quote.
5. What kind of relationship do Rosie and Freddie have?
(a) They have been dating for 3 years.
(b) Rosie is Freddie's sister.
(c) Freddie is Rosie's pimp.
(d) They occassionally sleep together.
6. What do Vinnie's friends do?
(a) They try to make Georgie feel better.
(b) Teasing Georgie.
(c) They tell Georgie to leave Vinnie alone.
(d) They begin throwing a knife at Georgie.
7. At the bike shops, what does Spook often do?
(a) Works there to make exra money to support his drug habit.
(b) Picks up men.
(c) Picks up women.
(d) Spend time at shops looking at spare parts.
8. What do the hipsters tell the police when they find them beating up a sailor?
(a) The sailor took their car.
(b) The sailor was stealing from them.
(c) The sailor insulted Freddie's wife.
(d) The sailor started the fight.
9. What does Rosie ask Freddie for?
(d) For $.50.
10. Ultimately, what does it seem that Tommy gives into?
(b) Peer pressure.
(d) A dare.
11. At the wedding celebration, who makes him or herself well known to everyone at the party?
12. What is the name of the bar owner at the Greeks?
13. What does Spook like to examine?
(a) Screws in motorbikes.
(b) Men's looks.
(c) Helmets he can buy.
(d) Women's looks.
14. Why does Shelby think that people participate in violence?
(a) They need entertainment.
(b) Because they cannot control their anger.
(d) They hate one another.
15. How would people describe the ceremony?
(a) Lacking emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the regulars at Greeks bar do to Spook?
2. What do the hippies think of the music that the sailors play?
3. What seems to happen a lot in the neighborhood in Brooklyn?
4. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
5. What does she hope she can find there?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)