|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be one of the biggest obstacles in Georgie's life?
(a) Getting others to accept her.
(b) Her relationship with her brother who cannot accept her.
(c) Having her mother's love.
(d) Finding love with another person like her.
2. At the end of the novel, what does Tommy give in to?
(a) Spook's incompetence.
(b) His mother's will.
(c) Peer pressure.
(d) Suzie's demands.
3. Why won't the owner of the bar address Freddie and his group as "Sir"?
(a) He does not like the hipsters.
(b) He does not respect the unemployed group.
(c) He does not think they value themseleves.
(d) They are always rude to him.
4. What does Tommy really enjoy doing?
(a) Going to work.
(b) Having a drink with friends.
(c) Working on his bike.
(d) Going for rides on his motorbike with Suzy.
5. How does Georgie end her night?
(a) She decides to get completely drunk.
(b) She goes home crying.
(c) She tries to forget by sleeping with Harry.
(d) She tries to reunite with her brother.
6. What does everyone seem to be doing?
(a) Bringing each other down.
(b) Trying to get ahead in life.
(c) Making better lives for themselves.
(d) Putting their way of life above each other.
7. What does Georgie beg Vinnie to do?
(a) Kiss her to make things better.
(b) Take her to the hospital.
(c) To take her home.
(d) Take her to her friend's house.
8. How does Georgie isolate herself?
(a) By the ways she dresses.
(b) By wanting to hang out with her mother.
(c) With her hair style.
(d) Not going out to be with friends.
9. Why do Tommy and Spook often meet?
(a) For beer.
(b) For coffee.
(c) To do drug deals.
(d) To talk about motorbikes.
10. What do the hipsters become scared of?
(a) They think that Georgie might go to the police.
(b) They think Georgie will kill.
(c) The cops will hear Georgie screaming.
(d) They think Georgie's brother will kill them.
11. What do the hipsters view the sailors as?
(a) Rednecks and squares.
(d) Redneck idiots.
12. What is the violence in the novel equal to?
(a) Violence in war.
(b) The beast in the Bible quote.
(c) The fight was not very violent.
(d) Crime on the streets.
13. What is the name of the bar owner at the Greeks?
14. At the end of the night, where does Suzy go?
(a) She goes home with another man.
(b) She goes to her parents' house.
(c) She leaves with her husband.
(d) She takes the baby and leaves.
15. What do the hipsters tell the police when they find them beating up a sailor?
(a) The sailor was stealing from them.
(b) The sailor insulted Freddie's wife.
(c) The sailor started the fight.
(d) The sailor took their car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she hope she can find there?
2. What does Spook like to examine?
3. Why was Vinnie given so many chances to lead a good, criminal free life?
4. Why doesn't Georgie want to go home?
5. Ultimately, what does it seem that Tommy gives into?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)