Short Answer Key
Part One: Another Day Another Dollar.
1. How does the first chapter of the book begin?
With a quote from the Bible.
2. What seems to happen a lot in the neighborhood in Brooklyn?
A lot of senseless violence.
3. Who likes to hang out at the Greeks?
Prostitute, hipsters and sailors.
4. What do Freddie and their friends consider themselves?
5. Why won't the owner of the bar address Freddie and his group as "Sir"?
He does not respect the unemployed group.
6. When this group runs out of things to talk about, what do they end up doing?
7. What do the hippies think of the music that the sailors play?
They think it is very "square."
8. What kind of relationship do Rosie and Freddie have?
They occassionally sleep together.
9. What does Rosie ask...
This section contains 2,845 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)