|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: The Queen is Dead..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Georgie want to go home?
(a) She thinks her mother will be frightened.
(b) She hates being at home with her family.
(c) She is afraid her father will be home.
(d) Her brother is at home and makes her life miserable.
2. What makes the violence in the novel the most shocking?
(a) The brutality of Selby.
(b) The way that Selby writes it.
(c) Vinnie's cunning ability.
(d) Women partake in it.
3. Outside of Greeks one night, Georgie tries to describe her feelings for Vinnie. What does Vinnie do?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He tells Georgie to get lost.
(c) He teases her.
(d) He tells her he loves her.
4. At home, how does Georgie's mother feel about Georgie's life choices?
(a) She hates her son for dressing like a woman.
(b) She still loves Georgie because she is her son no matter what.
(c) She hates Georgie for being gay.
(d) She loves her son, but not the woman he pretends to be.
5. When did he finally go into a correctional institution?
(a) When he was 16 years old.
(b) When he was 13 years old.
(c) At 14 years old.
(d) At 22 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Rosie and Freddie have?
2. How does Georgie end her night?
3. What does the Bible passage create for the beginning of the story?
4. What do the hipsters view the sailors as?
5. What does Georgie beg Vinnie to do?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)