|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V. The Strike..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spook carry around with him?
(a) His little black book.
(b) His license to drive.
(c) A motorbike helmet.
(d) Spare parts for a bike.
2. Where does Harry invite Vinnie, Sal and Malfie to go with him?
(a) To the union shop.
(b) To Greeks.
(c) To Harry's house.
(d) To the steel mill.
3. After months of violence, a fight finally breaks out on the picket lines. What do the police do to keep people in check?
(a) The police side with the union workers.
(b) The police hose the fighting men down.
(c) The union workers charge against the truck drivers and police intervene.
(d) The union workers turn on the police.
4. How does Georgie end her night?
(a) She tries to reunite with her brother.
(b) She tries to forget by sleeping with Harry.
(c) She decides to get completely drunk.
(d) She goes home crying.
5. During the strike, what will the union members receive every week?
(a) A $10 bag of groceries.
(b) A money allowance.
(c) A coupon for clothing.
(d) Clothing for their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Georgie isolate herself?
2. Why does the President hire Vinnie?
3. What does the reader wonder about regarding the environment this child will grow up in?
4. While the other men are out on the picket line, what is Harry doing?
5. What is the best description for the end of this story?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)