|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adams and Carwardine went to Rodrigues Island to look for what animal?
2. Adams informs the reader that ________, from the point of view of the ecology of the Mauritius, is a major problem.
3. The trips found in Last Chance to See were recorded for ________.
4. Why did Adams and Carwardine need to buy a condom in chapter Blind Panic?
5. ________ is when a bird shakes its wings and body and is a sign that the bird feels ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Carl Jones's character according to Adams in Rare, or Medium Rare.
2. Analyze and describe Professor Zhou.
3. What is the significance of the title Sifting Through the Embers?
4. Analyze the letter Douglas and Mark received from Andy Roberts in the chapter, Mark's Epilogue.
5. What two distinctive sounds in China does Adams encounter in the chapter Blind Panic?
6. What is Mark Carwardine's response to the question: "Does it really matter if the Yangtze river dolphin, or the kakapo, or the northern white rhino, or any other species live on only in scientists' notebooks?"
7. Describe and identify Pink as detailed in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
8. What does the note in the hotel's directory of guest services state according to Adams in the chapter Blind Panic?
9. Why do the people of the city say that the old beggar woman can't be very wise or knowledgeable? Explain.
10. What book bothered Douglas Adams when he was young? How does he feel about the book now? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the significance of the books title, Last Chance to See. How is the title developed throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the theme of poaching contributes to the meaning and significance of Last Chance to See. Define poaching and describe its effects on endangered species. Discuss current measures to circumvent poachers in many countries.
Essay Topic 3
Interpret the meaning of "Darkest Africa," as it relates to the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)