|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Richard Lewis, how many echo parakeets are there in the wild?
2. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
3. What does Adams claim to be the most famous of all the animals on Mauritius?
4. All of the following people are mentioned in the book Last Chance to See, except for who?
5. According to a letter Carwardine received, at 08.45 hours on ________, one of the dog handlers, Alan Munn, and his English Setter, 'Ari' located a new female kakapo near Lees Knob.
Essay Topic 1
Research and compose an essay on the benefits and contributions of one of the the six funds/projects found in One More Chance. Discuss the impact these funds or projects have on endangered species detailed in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast endemic to exotic species. Discuss the benefits and detriments of both, giving examples from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the relevance of Last Chance to See to today's society. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)