Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following animals are mentioned in the book, Last Chance to See, except for which of the following?
2. When did Chairman Mao proclaim the founding of the People's Republic of China?
3. Adams states that there are only ________ bottle palm trees on Round Island.
4. In November ________, Carl found a parakeet nest with three eggs inside.
5. In what year was the baiji dolphin first discovered, according to Adams in chapter Blind Panic?
Essay Topic 1
In a well-organized essay, compare and contrast an endangered species to a threatened species. Use specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you present a case either for or against animal captivity. Use specific examples from Last Chance to See.
Essay Topic 3
Examine and articulate the author's use of anthropomorphism of animals' thoughts and emotions, as seen throughout the book, Last Chance to See.
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)