|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Professor Zhou said that ________ in the Yangtze was a major problem for the baiji dolphins, and severely interfered with their echolocation.
2. The trips found in Last Chance to See were recorded for ________.
3. Who was the premier expert on the endangered baiji described as a polite, kindly man about 60 years old, working at Nanjing University?
4. What does Adams claim to be the most famous of all the animals on Mauritius?
5. When Adams wrote Last Chance to See, there were ________ human beings on earth.
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that exhibits how tourists affect Douglas Adams' views on nature. Why must governments accept tourism in protected areas? Provide specific examples from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Clearly identify the connection between the term "assumptions" and the chapter Blind Panic.
Essay Topic 3
Show how the Europeans, during the years of exploration, affect the islands of the Indian and Pacific Ocean. What steps are being taken to reclaim the native ecology? Give 2-3 examples from the book and demonstrate why reclaiming the native ecosystem can prove vital to the continuation of a species.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)