|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following animals are mentioned in the book, Last Chance to See, except for which of the following?
2. When did Chairman Mao proclaim the founding of the People's Republic of China?
3. Adams states that there are only ________ bottle palm trees on Round Island.
4. In November ________, Carl found a parakeet nest with three eggs inside.
5. In what year was the baiji dolphin first discovered, according to Adams in chapter Blind Panic?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how discotheques are used as a metaphor for the confusion that humans bring into the worlds of animals. Why does he use this metaphor? What affect does it have on the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Examine and articulate the author's use of anthropomorphism of animals' thoughts and emotions, as seen throughout the book, Last Chance to See.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the relevance of Last Chance to See to today's society. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)