|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adams states that there are only ________ bottle palm trees on Round Island.
2. Don Merton phoned Carwardine to tell him that a newly made kakapo nest had been found on ________.
3. Mark Carwardine explains that ring-tailed lemurs have scent glands in their ________.
4. The Chapter Rare, or Medium Rare states that in the Indian Ocean on an island called Mauritius there was a very rare bird, perhaps the rarest of all ________, called the Mauritius Kestrel.
5. Which environment alone contains half the world's species of animals and plants, according to Carwardine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the effects humans have on nature and the importance of biodiversity. Reference the book to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the meaning of the track and bowl system, as it relates to the book, Last Chance to See. How does Adams describe the track and bowl system? Why is it so important?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the theme of poaching contributes to the meaning and significance of Last Chance to See. Define poaching and describe its effects on endangered species. Discuss current measures to circumvent poachers in many countries.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)