|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being rejected by the townsmen for the second time, the old beggar woman burned how many more books?
2. What was a mining product used in producing t toothpaste, iron and steel casting, and also as an additive for pig food?
3. When did Chairman Mao proclaim the founding of the People's Republic of China?
4. Adams and Carwardine entered the Friendship Store in the chapter Blind Panic to purchase what item?
5. Adams discovers that condoms are referred to as a ________ in China.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happened to the Passenger pigeon according to Mark Carwardine.
2. Analyze the letter Douglas and Mark received from Andy Roberts in the chapter, Mark's Epilogue.
3. Discuss the Tiananmen Square as described by Adams in the chapter Blind Panic.
4. Explain the beginning of the story of the Sibylline books. How do the townspeople respond to the old beggar woman?
5. What odd thing did Adams notice while in China that he describes in the chapter Blind Panic?
6. What has since happened to the Northern White rhinos in Zaire as detailed by Kes Hillman-Smith in the chapter Mark's Epilogue?
7. Explain how Round Island has remained a refuge for unique species as described in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
8. What book bothered Douglas Adams when he was young? How does he feel about the book now? Explain.
9. What two odd things did Adams find about the music he heard while in China? Explain.
10. Describe and identify Pink as detailed in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in response to the following question found in Mark's Epilogue: Does it really matter if the Yangtze River dolphin, or the kakapo, or the northern white rhino, or any other species live on only in scientists' notebooks?" State your opinion and support your position with references from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine and articulate the author's use of anthropomorphism of animals' thoughts and emotions, as seen throughout the book, Last Chance to See.
Essay Topic 3
Write a research paper on the Aye-aye. Explain the major changes that have occurred since the publishing of Last Chance to See.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)