|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Adams in the first sentence of chapter Blind Panic, ________ are the things you don't know you're making.
2. Mark Carwardine explains that ring-tailed lemurs have scent glands in their ________.
3. Carl Jones expresses that he hates ________ in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
4. What does Adams claim to be the most famous of all the animals on Mauritius?
5. According to Richard in Rare, or Medium Rare, there are no interesting birds on Reunion because ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What book bothered Douglas Adams when he was young? How does he feel about the book now? Explain.
2. Why do the people of the city say that the old beggar woman can't be very wise or knowledgeable? Explain.
3. Explain the beginning of the story of the Sibylline books. How do the townspeople respond to the old beggar woman?
4. Analyze and describe Professor Zhou.
5. Describe and identify Pink as detailed in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
6. Explain what happened to the Passenger pigeon according to Mark Carwardine.
7. What does the note in the hotel's directory of guest services state according to Adams in the chapter Blind Panic?
8. What is the significance of the title Sifting Through the Embers?
9. Explain how Round Island has remained a refuge for unique species as described in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
10. What is Mark Carwardine's response to the question: "Was this really our last chance to see these animals?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you present a case either for or against animal captivity. Use specific examples from Last Chance to See.
Essay Topic 2
Clearly identify the connection between the term "assumptions" and the chapter Blind Panic.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the meaning of the track and bowl system, as it relates to the book, Last Chance to See. How does Adams describe the track and bowl system? Why is it so important?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)