|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Richard Lewis, how many echo parakeets are there in the wild?
2. Douglas Adams explains in the chapter Blind Panic that foreigners are not allowed to ________ in China.
3. Adams and Carwardine went to Rodrigues Island to look for what animal?
4. What was the strange person carrying with them in the beginning of the story the Sibylline books?
5. Adams and Carwardine entered the Tiananmen Square on ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What book bothered Douglas Adams when he was young? How does he feel about the book now? Explain.
2. What has since happened to the Northern White rhinos in Zaire as detailed by Kes Hillman-Smith in the chapter Mark's Epilogue?
3. Analyze the ending of the story of the Sibylline books.
4. What two distinctive sounds in China does Adams encounter in the chapter Blind Panic?
5. Discuss the Tiananmen Square as described by Adams in the chapter Blind Panic.
6. Analyze the importance of the reincarnation of the drowned princess to the Chinese culture, as described in Blind Panic.
7. What odd thing did Adams notice while in China that he describes in the chapter Blind Panic?
8. Explain Carl Jones and Richard Lewis' s first obsession as seen in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
9. Analyze the two new species of lemur found in Madagascar, according to the chapter Mark's Epilogue.
10. Define the term "exotic species." Explain why a disaster usually is the result when species is introduced from abroad.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail the importance and history of the Great Ape as seen in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the significance of the chapter titled Blind Panic to the overall meaning of Last Chance to See.
Essay Topic 3
Research and compose an essay on the benefits and contributions of one of the the six funds/projects found in One More Chance. Discuss the impact these funds or projects have on endangered species detailed in the book.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)