|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
2. Adams informs the reader that ________, from the point of view of the ecology of the Mauritius, is a major problem.
3. After being rejected by the townsmen for the second time, the old beggar woman burned how many more books?
4. On the expedition, whose job was it to turn up with a suitcase and try to remember what happened long enough to write it down?
5. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
Essay Topic 1
In a detailed essay, explain the correlation between the story Sifting Through the Embers to the overall meaning of the book, Last Chance to See.
Essay Topic 2
Research and compose an essay on the benefits and contributions of one of the the six funds/projects found in One More Chance. Discuss the impact these funds or projects have on endangered species detailed in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that exhibits how tourists affect Douglas Adams' views on nature. Why must governments accept tourism in protected areas? Provide specific examples from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)