|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Adams wrote Last Chance to See, there were ________ human beings on earth.
2. The trips found in Last Chance to See were recorded for ________.
3. According to Carwardine, there are only ______ elephants left in Africa due to poachers.
4. According to Richard in Rare, or Medium Rare, there are no interesting birds on Reunion because ________.
5. Adams explains that in the thirties, the Peace Hotel was known as the ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What odd thing did Adams notice while in China that he describes in the chapter Blind Panic?
2. What two distinctive sounds in China does Adams encounter in the chapter Blind Panic?
3. Analyze the two new species of lemur found in Madagascar, according to the chapter Mark's Epilogue.
4. What is Mark Carwardine's response to the question: "Was this really our last chance to see these animals?"
5. Explain what happened to the Passenger pigeon according to Mark Carwardine.
6. Explain how Round Island has remained a refuge for unique species as described in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
7. What book bothered Douglas Adams when he was young? How does he feel about the book now? Explain.
8. Describe and identify Pink as detailed in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
9. What two odd things did Adams find about the music he heard while in China? Explain.
10. Analyze the importance of the reincarnation of the drowned princess to the Chinese culture, as described in Blind Panic.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you present a case either for or against animal captivity. Use specific examples from Last Chance to See.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast endemic to exotic species. Discuss the benefits and detriments of both, giving examples from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the effects humans have on nature and the importance of biodiversity. Reference the book to support your analysis.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)