|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Twig Technology, the narrator reveals that he went to what country?
2. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
3. The evolutionary change that passed Madagascar by was the arrival of the ________.
4. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
5. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Dr. Struan Sutherland's answer to the question: What does one do when bitten by a poisonous snake?
2. Describe the Komodo dragons found in chapter Here Be Chickens.
3. What peculiar thing happened to Adams in Twig Technology?
4. Analyze the title of Heartbeats in the Night.
5. Compare and contrast Adams' view of Bali to that of David Attenborough's.
6. Describe the Aye-aye discussed in chapter Twig Technology.
7. Define primary rain forest and its importance to the ecological system.
8. Explain the significance of "darkest Africa," as seen in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
9. How does Adams answer the big question: "How on earth has the Kakapo managed to last this long?"
10. Analyze and discuss the Great Apes found in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you present a case either for or against animal captivity. Use specific examples from Last Chance to See.
Essay Topic 2
Detail the importance and history of the Great Ape as seen in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the effects humans have on nature and the importance of biodiversity. Reference the book to support your analysis.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)