|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is found in New Guinea and has a long and skeletal thin fourth finger?
2. What guide did Adams and Carwardine expect to have in the chapter Here Be Chickens?
3. Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat informs the reader that by the ________ independence movements were sweeping across Africa.
4. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
5. The first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the Zaire customs hut was a picture of a ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
2. What confession does Adams make in Heartbeats in the Night?
3. How does Adams answer the big question: "How on earth has the Kakapo managed to last this long?"
4. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
5. Analyze Don Merton as described by Adams in Heartbeats in the Night.
6. What peculiar thing happened to Adams in Twig Technology?
7. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
8. Explain the term "habituating," as described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
9. Discuss the poaching problem described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
10. Describe the Aye-aye discussed in chapter Twig Technology.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the significance of the books title, Last Chance to See. How is the title developed throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the theme of poaching contributes to the meaning and significance of Last Chance to See. Define poaching and describe its effects on endangered species. Discuss current measures to circumvent poachers in many countries.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the effects humans have on nature and the importance of biodiversity. Reference the book to support your analysis.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)