|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What guide did Adams and Carwardine expect to have in the chapter Here Be Chickens?
2. According to the agent at the Merpati Airlines, there were ________ people booked on Adams and Carwardine's return flight to Bali.
3. Who was the freelance Kakapo tracker working for the New Zealand Department of Conservation?
4. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
5. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the term "habituating," as described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
2. Describe Kiri and Moose as discussed in the chapter, Here Be Chickens.
3. What problem arose while Mark Carwardine was arranging travel plans with the Ambassador in Brussels?
4. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
5. Explain Dr. Struan Sutherland's answer to the question: What does one do when bitten by a poisonous snake?
6. Analyze Don Merton as described by Adams in Heartbeats in the Night.
7. Analyze the title of Heartbeats in the Night.
8. Analyze and discuss the Great Apes found in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
9. Describe the remarkable feature of the Aye-aye that both Adams and Carwardine analyzed.
10. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clearly identify the connection between the term "assumptions" and the chapter Blind Panic.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the theme of poaching contributes to the meaning and significance of Last Chance to See. Define poaching and describe its effects on endangered species. Discuss current measures to circumvent poachers in many countries.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you present a case either for or against animal captivity. Use specific examples from Last Chance to See.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)