|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the photographer on the plane with Adams in Twig Technology?
2. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
3. Douglas Adams states that the Kakapo is a bird that in some ways reminds him of the ________.
4. Who was an extremely experienced and knowledgeable zoologist who was working at that time for the World Wildlife Fund?
5. All of the following marine creatures are more poisonous than anything on land except for which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
2. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
3. Discuss the French control over Madagascar and the spelling of Antananarivo.
4. Analyze and discuss the Great Apes found in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
5. Compare and contrast Mark Carwardine to Douglas Adams, as described in chapter Twig Technology.
6. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
7. Analyze the title of Heartbeats in the Night.
8. Discuss the poaching problem described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
9. What problem arose while Mark Carwardine was arranging travel plans with the Ambassador in Brussels?
10. Describe the Kea, as discussed in Heartbeats in the Night.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the significance of the books title, Last Chance to See. How is the title developed throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Write a research paper on the Aye-aye. Explain the major changes that have occurred since the publishing of Last Chance to See.
Essay Topic 3
Interpret the meaning of "Darkest Africa," as it relates to the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)