|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. Sutherland, the ________ is the fifteenth deadliest snake in the world, and all the other fourteen are in ________.
2. All of the following marine creatures are more poisonous than anything on land except for which of the following?
3. Who was the photographer on the plane with Adams in Twig Technology?
4. Douglas Adams informs the reader that every other shop in Zaire is a ________.
5. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze and describe Professor Zhou.
2. Define primary rain forest and its importance to the ecological system.
3. What book bothered Douglas Adams when he was young? How does he feel about the book now? Explain.
4. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
5. Are Komodo dragons man-eaters? Explain.
6. Discuss the poaching problem described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
7. Explain the term "habituating," as described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
8. Analyze the letter Douglas and Mark received from Andy Roberts in the chapter, Mark's Epilogue.
9. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
10. Explain the significance of "darkest Africa," as seen in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the theme of poaching contributes to the meaning and significance of Last Chance to See. Define poaching and describe its effects on endangered species. Discuss current measures to circumvent poachers in many countries.
Essay Topic 2
Detail the importance and history of the Great Ape as seen in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the effects humans have on nature and the importance of biodiversity. Reference the book to support your analysis.
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)