|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following were on-board the twenty-three-foot fishing vessel in the chapter Here Be Chickens, except for which?
2. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
3. Douglas Adams states that the Kakapo is a bird that in some ways reminds him of the ________.
4. Who was the man in Melbourne who Adams claim knew more about poisonous snakes than anyone else on earth?
5. In what town did Adams and Carwardine discover that even when making internal flights in Zaire, you still had to go through the full rigmarole of immigration and customs controls all over again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Adams' view of Bali to that of David Attenborough's.
2. Analyze the title of Heartbeats in the Night.
3. Analyze and discuss the Great Apes found in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
4. Describe the Kea, as discussed in Heartbeats in the Night.
5. Illustrate the other two people sharing the hut with Adams and Carwardine in the Virunga Volcanoes.
6. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
7. Explain Dr. Struan Sutherland's answer to the question: What does one do when bitten by a poisonous snake?
8. Describe the first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the customs hut in Zaire.
9. What peculiar thing happened to Adams in Twig Technology?
10. Describe the Komodo dragons found in chapter Here Be Chickens.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how discotheques are used as a metaphor for the confusion that humans bring into the worlds of animals. Why does he use this metaphor? What affect does it have on the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the significance of the chapter titled Blind Panic to the overall meaning of Last Chance to See.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the significance of the books title, Last Chance to See. How is the title developed throughout the book?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)