|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an extremely experienced and knowledgeable zoologist who was working at that time for the World Wildlife Fund?
2. Who was the photographer on the plane with Adams in Twig Technology?
3. Dr. Sutherland explains that the most poisonous spider is the ________, which bites about five hundred people a year.
4. All of the following marine creatures are more poisonous than anything on land except for which of the following?
5. What was the name of the benign man with the air of a vicar on-board the plane with Adams and Carwardine in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the term "habituating," as described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
2. What three animals are the most poisonous? Explain.
3. Describe the remarkable feature of the Aye-aye that both Adams and Carwardine analyzed.
4. What is one of the more dangerous animals in Africa, according to Adams? Explain.
5. Discuss the poaching problem described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
6. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
7. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
8. Analyze and discuss the Great Apes found in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
9. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
10. Discuss the irony Adams saw surrounding the history of lemurs.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in response to the following question found in Mark's Epilogue: Does it really matter if the Yangtze River dolphin, or the kakapo, or the northern white rhino, or any other species live on only in scientists' notebooks?" State your opinion and support your position with references from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that exhibits how tourists affect Douglas Adams' views on nature. Why must governments accept tourism in protected areas? Provide specific examples from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the significance of the chapter titled Blind Panic to the overall meaning of Last Chance to See.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)