|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The children on Labuan Bajo in chapter Here Be Chickens were playing with a one-legged ________.
2. In the beginning of Twig Technology, the narrator reveals that he went to what country?
3. What was the first animal Adams and Carwardine looked for in Here Be Chickens?
4. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
5. The currency-declaration forms that Adams and Carwardine had to fill out in Zaire had the heading ________, crossed out, with "Zaire" written instead in pencil.
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
2. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
3. Describe and identify Pink as detailed in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
4. What book bothered Douglas Adams when he was young? How does he feel about the book now? Explain.
5. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
6. Analyze the importance of the reincarnation of the drowned princess to the Chinese culture, as described in Blind Panic.
7. Explain Carl Jones and Richard Lewis' s first obsession as seen in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
8. What is Mark Carwardine's response to the question: "Does it really matter if the Yangtze river dolphin, or the kakapo, or the northern white rhino, or any other species live on only in scientists' notebooks?"
9. How does Adams answer the big question: "How on earth has the Kakapo managed to last this long?"
10. Discuss the irony Adams saw surrounding the history of lemurs.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Interpret the meaning of "Darkest Africa," as it relates to the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you present a case either for or against animal captivity. Use specific examples from Last Chance to See.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the significance of the books title, Last Chance to See. How is the title developed throughout the book?
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)