Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
2. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
3. Douglas Adams informs the reader that every other shop in Zaire is a ________.
4. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
5. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
2. Discuss the Tiananmen Square as described by Adams in the chapter Blind Panic.
3. Describe the Kea, as discussed in Heartbeats in the Night.
4. Explain the significance of "darkest Africa," as seen in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
5. Illustrate the other two people sharing the hut with Adams and Carwardine in the Virunga Volcanoes.
6. What odd thing did Adams notice while in China that he describes in the chapter Blind Panic?
7. Describe Kiri and Moose as discussed in the chapter, Here Be Chickens.
8. Explain Dr. Struan Sutherland's answer to the question: What does one do when bitten by a poisonous snake?
9. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
10. Analyze the ending of the story of the Sibylline books.
Interpret the meaning of "Darkest Africa," as it relates to the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
Write an essay in response to the following question found in Mark's Epilogue: Does it really matter if the Yangtze River dolphin, or the kakapo, or the northern white rhino, or any other species live on only in scientists' notebooks?" State your opinion and support your position with references from the book.
Write an essay discussing the relevance of Last Chance to See to today's society. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)