|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mark Carwardine, there are only _______ Kakapos still alive.
2. Other than Madagascar, where else does the Aye-aye live?
3. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
4. What was the name of the BBC sound engineer that accompanied Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine?
5. According to the narrator in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, where in Zaire do the mountain gorillas live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Dr. Struan Sutherland's answer to the question: What does one do when bitten by a poisonous snake?
2. Discuss the French control over Madagascar and the spelling of Antananarivo.
3. Discuss the poaching problem described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
4. Analyze the title of Heartbeats in the Night.
5. Analyze Don Merton as described by Adams in Heartbeats in the Night.
6. Describe the remarkable feature of the Aye-aye that both Adams and Carwardine analyzed.
7. Are Komodo dragons man-eaters? Explain.
8. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
9. What confession does Adams make in Heartbeats in the Night?
10. What problem arose while Mark Carwardine was arranging travel plans with the Ambassador in Brussels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the relevance of Last Chance to See to today's society. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Detail the importance and history of the Great Ape as seen in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
Essay Topic 3
Clearly identify the connection between the term "assumptions" and the chapter Blind Panic.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)