|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
2. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
3. What was the name of the two smooth characters dressed in military camouflage and black berets, who slouched across the table languidly caressing their rifles in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
4. According to Adams, there are ________ Northern White rhinoceros in Czechoslovakia.
5. A little-known fact revealed in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night, is that one of the more dangerous animals in Africa is the ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Kea, as discussed in Heartbeats in the Night.
2. Compare and contrast Adams' view of Bali to that of David Attenborough's.
3. Describe the remarkable feature of the Aye-aye that both Adams and Carwardine analyzed.
4. Describe and identify Pink as detailed in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
5. What occurs when they send the old beggar woman away?
6. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
7. What confession does Adams make in Heartbeats in the Night?
8. Describe the Komodo dragons found in chapter Here Be Chickens.
9. Why do the people of the city say that the old beggar woman can't be very wise or knowledgeable? Explain.
10. Analyze the Tiananmen Gate.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail the importance and history of the Great Ape as seen in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay discussing the relevance of Last Chance to See to today's society. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the significance of the books title, Last Chance to See. How is the title developed throughout the book?
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)