|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the photographer on the plane with Adams in Twig Technology?
2. In what town did Adams and Carwardine discover that even when making internal flights in Zaire, you still had to go through the full rigmarole of immigration and customs controls all over again?
3. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
4. Adams states that when Captain Cook saw New Zealand from the sea in ________, he recorded that "inland as far as the eye can see the peaks are crowded together as to scarcely admit any valleys between them."
5. According to Adams in Twig Technology, Antananarivo is pronounced ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What two odd things did Adams find about the music he heard while in China? Explain.
2. Define the term "exotic species." Explain why a disaster usually is the result when species is introduced from abroad.
3. Describe and identify Pink as detailed in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
4. Analyze one of the problems with breeding birds in captivity.
5. Analyze and describe Professor Zhou.
6. Discuss the Tiananmen Square as described by Adams in the chapter Blind Panic.
7. Analyze the Tiananmen Gate.
8. Analyze the importance of the reincarnation of the drowned princess to the Chinese culture, as described in Blind Panic.
9. Compare and contrast Mark Carwardine to Douglas Adams, as described in chapter Twig Technology.
10. What was the very rare bird on the island Mauritius? Describe this bird.
Essay Topic 1
Research and compose an essay on the benefits and contributions of one of the the six funds/projects found in One More Chance. Discuss the impact these funds or projects have on endangered species detailed in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how discotheques are used as a metaphor for the confusion that humans bring into the worlds of animals. Why does he use this metaphor? What affect does it have on the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the relevance of Last Chance to See to today's society. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,355 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)