|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Twig Technology, the narrator reveals that he went to what country?
2. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
3. What was the name of the benign man with the air of a vicar on-board the plane with Adams and Carwardine in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
4. According to Adams, what happens to all cats born in Labuan Bajo?
5. Which two people meet Adams and Carwardine at the airport who are described as small, willowy-slim, healthy looking Indonesians?
Short Essay Questions
1. Illustrate the other two people sharing the hut with Adams and Carwardine in the Virunga Volcanoes.
2. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
3. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
4. Describe the Aye-aye discussed in chapter Twig Technology.
5. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
6. Analyze the title of Heartbeats in the Night.
7. Compare and contrast Mark Carwardine to Douglas Adams, as described in chapter Twig Technology.
8. Discuss the irony Adams saw surrounding the history of lemurs.
9. What three animals are the most poisonous? Explain.
10. Describe Kiri and Moose as discussed in the chapter, Here Be Chickens.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail the importance and history of the Great Ape as seen in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the theme of poaching contributes to the meaning and significance of Last Chance to See. Define poaching and describe its effects on endangered species. Discuss current measures to circumvent poachers in many countries.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the meaning of the track and bowl system, as it relates to the book, Last Chance to See. How does Adams describe the track and bowl system? Why is it so important?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)