|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a mining product used in producing t toothpaste, iron and steel casting, and also as an additive for pig food?
2. Mark Carwardine explains that the ________, which was once the most common bird that ever lived on earth was hunted to extinction in little more than fifty years.
(a) Passenger pigeon.
(b) African Clawed Frogs.
(c) Flying Squirrels.
(d) Chinese Water Dragons.
3. In what genre is Last Chance to see classified?
(a) Science fiction.
(b) Historical fiction.
(c) Science non-fiction.
4. How much was the strange person asking in return for all of their books?
(a) 7 sacks of diamonds.
(b) 3 sacks of gold.
(c) 1 sack of gold.
(d) 1 sack of diamonds.
5. What was the point of view of the book, Last Chance to See?
(a) Alternating point of view.
(b) Third person.
(c) First person narrative.
(d) Second person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man who gets passengers in his Land Rover to answer questions by watching them rather than the dangerous road until they respond?
2. What was the name of the non-round island near Mauritius Island in the Indian Ocean?
3. What was the name of the sugar estate's elderly gatekeeper and eccentric Mauritian who would not let anybody through his gate without a permit?
4. Don Merton phoned Carwardine to tell him that a newly made kakapo nest had been found on ________.
5. What was Richard Lewis' profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Round Island has remained a refuge for unique species as described in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
2. What book bothered Douglas Adams when he was young? How does he feel about the book now? Explain.
3. Analyze the importance of the reincarnation of the drowned princess to the Chinese culture, as described in Blind Panic.
4. What occurs when they send the old beggar woman away?
5. Analyze the Tiananmen Gate.
6. What has since happened to the Northern White rhinos in Zaire as detailed by Kes Hillman-Smith in the chapter Mark's Epilogue?
7. Explain Carl Jones and Richard Lewis' s first obsession as seen in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
8. Discuss the Tiananmen Square as described by Adams in the chapter Blind Panic.
9. According to the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, what happened to Reunion Island? Explain.
10. Explain Carl Jones's character according to Adams in Rare, or Medium Rare.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)