|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Douglas Adams explains that in the middle of one of the biggest, longest, noisiest, dirtiest thoroughfares in the world lives the reincarnation of a ________.
(a) Golden Minx.
(b) Bronze monkey.
(c) Drowned princess.
(d) Golden calf.
2. After being rejected by the towns people, the old beggar woman burned ________ books.
3. Mark's Epilogue explains that for millions of years, on average, ________ species became extinct every century.
4. Who wrote Douglas and Mark a letter soon after they returned to England about the kakapo's slow road to recovery?
(a) Professor Zhou.
(b) Andy Roberts.
(c) Carl Jones.
(d) Richard Lewis.
5. According to Richard in Rare, or Medium Rare, there are no interesting birds on Reunion because ________.
(a) The French shot them all.
(b) They are all extinct.
(c) Reunion is uninhabitable.
(d) There are no trees there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the point of view of the book, Last Chance to See?
2. According to a disturbing letter received by Douglas and Mark from a couple who had been working in China, the couple says that they ate ________.
3. Professor Zhou said that ________ in the Yangtze was a major problem for the baiji dolphins, and severely interfered with their echolocation.
4. How much was the strange person asking in return for all of their books?
5. According to Adams in the first sentence of chapter Blind Panic, ________ are the things you don't know you're making.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)