|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter Blind Panic, Adams and Carwardine made a diversion to see an ________ farm, from which they got chased by police on the grounds that they didn't have appropriate permits.
2. How much was the strange person asking in return for all of their books?
(a) 1 sack of gold.
(b) 3 sacks of gold.
(c) 1 sack of diamonds.
(d) 7 sacks of diamonds.
3. A unique feature revealed by Adams about the baiji is that it is half ________.
4. Adams and Carwardine also received a letter from Kes Hillman-Smith in Zaire, saying that ________ baby Northern White rhinos had been born in Garamba since they left, bringing the total population up to ________.
(a) 4 / 8.
(b) 8 / 20.
(c) 3 / 25.
(d) 10 / 11.
5. According to Richard in Rare, or Medium Rare, there are no interesting birds on Reunion because ________.
(a) There are no trees there.
(b) The French shot them all.
(c) They are all extinct.
(d) Reunion is uninhabitable.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being rejected by the towns people, the old beggar woman burned ________ books.
2. ________ is when a bird shakes its wings and body and is a sign that the bird feels ________.
3. Adams explains that in the thirties, the Peace Hotel was known as the ________.
4. ________ are the white trails along cliffs where a bird has been sitting, according to chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
5. What was the name of the nearly extinct animal living in the Yangtze River that Adams and Carwardine searching for in Blind Panic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the people of the city say that the old beggar woman can't be very wise or knowledgeable? Explain.
2. What is Mark Carwardine's response to the question: "Was this really our last chance to see these animals?"
3. What book bothered Douglas Adams when he was young? How does he feel about the book now? Explain.
4. What was the very rare bird on the island Mauritius? Describe this bird.
5. Analyze the importance of the reincarnation of the drowned princess to the Chinese culture, as described in Blind Panic.
6. According to the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, what happened to Reunion Island? Explain.
7. Analyze and describe Professor Zhou.
8. What two odd things did Adams find about the music he heard while in China? Explain.
9. Analyze one of the problems with breeding birds in captivity.
10. Analyze the letter Douglas and Mark received from Andy Roberts in the chapter, Mark's Epilogue.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)