|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Douglas and Mark a letter soon after they returned to England about the kakapo's slow road to recovery?
(a) Richard Lewis.
(b) Andy Roberts.
(c) Professor Zhou.
(d) Carl Jones.
2. Adams explains that all the history of China is symbolically focused at the ________.
(a) Reed Flute Cave.
(b) Summer Palace.
(c) Great Wall.
(d) Tiananmen Square.
3. The population of Chatham Island robins was down to one pregnant female, but the dedication of ________ and his team saved the species from extinction according to Mark's Epilogue.
(a) Don Merton.
(b) Bill Black.
(c) Richard Lewis.
(d) Andy Roberts.
4. The Chapter Rare, or Medium Rare states that in the Indian Ocean on an island called Mauritius there was a very rare bird, perhaps the rarest of all ________, called the Mauritius Kestrel.
5. What term describes the process by which the bird cleans its beak of meat after eating, by rubbing it along a branch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the point of view of the book, Last Chance to See?
2. Who has long been discredited as a bourgeois capitalist running-dog lackey, according to the chapter Blind Panic?
3. All of the following people are mentioned in the book Last Chance to See, except for who?
4. When Adams wrote Last Chance to See, there were ________ human beings on earth.
5. Which environment alone contains half the world's species of animals and plants, according to Carwardine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze the two new species of lemur found in Madagascar, according to the chapter Mark's Epilogue.
2. Analyze the Tiananmen Gate.
3. Explain how Round Island has remained a refuge for unique species as described in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
4. What has since happened to the Northern White rhinos in Zaire as detailed by Kes Hillman-Smith in the chapter Mark's Epilogue?
5. According to the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, what happened to Reunion Island? Explain.
6. Analyze the letter Douglas and Mark received from Andy Roberts in the chapter, Mark's Epilogue.
7. Explain what happened to the Passenger pigeon according to Mark Carwardine.
8. What was the very rare bird on the island Mauritius? Describe this bird.
9. What two odd things did Adams find about the music he heard while in China? Explain.
10. Analyze the ending of the story of the Sibylline books.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)