|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Adams and Carwardine need to buy a condom in chapter Blind Panic?
(a) To protect their food against bugs.
(b) To use as protection.
(c) To have a souvenir.
(d) To go over the microphone to record dolphins.
2. The trips found in Last Chance to See were recorded for ________.
(a) Animal Planet.
(b) BBC radio.
(c) Discovery Channel.
3. Who was the narrator in Last Chance to See?
(a) Mark Carwardine.
(b) Douglas Adams.
(c) Chris Muir.
(d) Alain le Garsmeur.
4. What was Richard Lewis' profession?
5. What is the name of a plant or animal that is native to an island or region and is found nowhere else at all?
(a) Threatened species.
(b) Endangered species.
(c) Endemic species.
(d) Exotic species.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the premier expert on the endangered baiji described as a polite, kindly man about 60 years old, working at Nanjing University?
2. After being rejected by the towns people, the old beggar woman burned ________ books.
3. Which environment alone contains half the world's species of animals and plants, according to Carwardine?
4. Mark's Epilogue explains that for millions of years, on average, ________ species became extinct every century.
5. After being rejected by the townsmen for the second time, the old beggar woman burned how many more books?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Carl Jones and Richard Lewis' s first obsession as seen in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
2. Discuss the Tiananmen Square as described by Adams in the chapter Blind Panic.
3. Analyze and describe Professor Zhou.
4. Explain how Round Island has remained a refuge for unique species as described in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
5. What is Mark Carwardine's response to the question: "Was this really our last chance to see these animals?"
6. What does the note in the hotel's directory of guest services state according to Adams in the chapter Blind Panic?
7. What two odd things did Adams find about the music he heard while in China? Explain.
8. Describe and identify Pink as detailed in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
9. What occurs when they send the old beggar woman away?
10. Analyze the Tiananmen Gate.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)