|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which environment alone contains half the world's species of animals and plants, according to Carwardine?
(c) Rain Forests.
2. All of the following people are mentioned in the book Last Chance to See, except for who?
(a) Alain le Garsmeur.
3. In what year was the baiji dolphin first discovered, according to Adams in chapter Blind Panic?
4. What story once bothered Douglas Adams when he was young according to the chapter Sifting Through the Embers?
(a) To Build a Fire.
(b) The Sibylline books.
(c) A Jury of Her Peers.
(d) The Gift of the Magi.
5. What was the name of the nearly extinct animal living in the Yangtze River that Adams and Carwardine searching for in Blind Panic?
(a) The Northern Rightwhale Dolphin.
(b) The Tucuxi.
(c) The Baiji.
(d) The Irrawaddy Dolphin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In November ________, Carl found a parakeet nest with three eggs inside.
2. Who was the narrator in Last Chance to See?
3. What is the name of a plant or animal that is native to an island or region and is found nowhere else at all?
4. What does Adams claim to be the most famous of all the animals on Mauritius?
5. Mark's Epilogue explains that for millions of years, on average, ________ species became extinct every century.
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the term "exotic species." Explain why a disaster usually is the result when species is introduced from abroad.
2. What two odd things did Adams find about the music he heard while in China? Explain.
3. Analyze the Tiananmen Gate.
4. Analyze the ending of the story of the Sibylline books.
5. Analyze the importance of the reincarnation of the drowned princess to the Chinese culture, as described in Blind Panic.
6. Analyze one of the problems with breeding birds in captivity.
7. Explain Carl Jones's character according to Adams in Rare, or Medium Rare.
8. What occurs when they send the old beggar woman away?
9. Analyze the two new species of lemur found in Madagascar, according to the chapter Mark's Epilogue.
10. Explain what happened to the Passenger pigeon according to Mark Carwardine.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)