|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adams and Carwardine entered the Tiananmen Square on ________.
(a) January 1982.
(b) October 1988.
(c) August 1972.
(d) July 1990.
2. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
3. Adams details that the gateway to the Forbidden City, the ________ Gate, is where the great iconic portrait of Chairman Mao gazed out across the vastness of the Tiananmen Square.
4. The Chapter Rare, or Medium Rare states that in the Indian Ocean on an island called Mauritius there was a very rare bird, perhaps the rarest of all ________, called the Mauritius Kestrel.
5. All of the following are locations visited by Adams and Carwardine, except for which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. A unique feature revealed by Adams about the baiji is that it is half ________.
2. What was the name of the brilliant, but mad Welshman in his late 30s, who loves birds to the point of obsession?
3. According to Richard Lewis, how many echo parakeets are there in the wild?
4. Who wrote Douglas and Mark a letter soon after they returned to England about the kakapo's slow road to recovery?
5. In what year was the baiji dolphin first discovered, according to Adams in chapter Blind Panic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the note in the hotel's directory of guest services state according to Adams in the chapter Blind Panic?
2. What odd thing did Adams notice while in China that he describes in the chapter Blind Panic?
3. What two odd things did Adams find about the music he heard while in China? Explain.
4. Explain what happened to the Passenger pigeon according to Mark Carwardine.
5. Analyze the letter Douglas and Mark received from Andy Roberts in the chapter, Mark's Epilogue.
6. What has since happened to the Northern White rhinos in Zaire as detailed by Kes Hillman-Smith in the chapter Mark's Epilogue?
7. What book bothered Douglas Adams when he was young? How does he feel about the book now? Explain.
8. What occurs when they send the old beggar woman away?
9. Describe and identify Pink as detailed in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
10. Explain Carl Jones and Richard Lewis' s first obsession as seen in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)