|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term used in Rare, or Medium Rare describes when a bird hatches from its egg and falls in love with the first thing that feeds it?
2. Who has long been discredited as a bourgeois capitalist running-dog lackey, according to the chapter Blind Panic?
(a) Leonardo da Vinci.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Sir Isaac Newton.
3. According to Richard in Rare, or Medium Rare, there are no interesting birds on Reunion because ________.
(a) The French shot them all.
(b) There are no trees there.
(c) They are all extinct.
(d) Reunion is uninhabitable.
4. According to Richard Lewis, how many echo parakeets are there in the wild?
5. Adams states in chapter Blind Panic that everyone in China rides ________.
(d) Sports cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the non-round island near Mauritius Island in the Indian Ocean?
2. Adams explains that when you spend time on islands with naturalists, you will tend to hear two words frequently. To what two words does Adams refer?
3. According to a letter Carwardine received, at 08.45 hours on ________, one of the dog handlers, Alan Munn, and his English Setter, 'Ari' located a new female kakapo near Lees Knob.
4. Adams and Carwardine entered the Tiananmen Square on ________.
5. In the chapter Blind Panic, Adams and Carwardine made a diversion to see an ________ farm, from which they got chased by police on the grounds that they didn't have appropriate permits.
Short Essay Questions
1. What odd thing did Adams notice while in China that he describes in the chapter Blind Panic?
2. What was the very rare bird on the island Mauritius? Describe this bird.
3. Analyze the importance of the reincarnation of the drowned princess to the Chinese culture, as described in Blind Panic.
4. What is the significance of the title Sifting Through the Embers?
5. Analyze the two new species of lemur found in Madagascar, according to the chapter Mark's Epilogue.
6. Define the term "exotic species." Explain why a disaster usually is the result when species is introduced from abroad.
7. Analyze the letter Douglas and Mark received from Andy Roberts in the chapter, Mark's Epilogue.
8. What occurs when they send the old beggar woman away?
9. According to the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, what happened to Reunion Island? Explain.
10. Analyze and describe Professor Zhou.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)