|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has long been discredited as a bourgeois capitalist running-dog lackey, according to the chapter Blind Panic?
(b) Leonardo da Vinci.
(c) Sir Isaac Newton.
(d) Albert Einstein.
2. According to a letter Carwardine received, at 08.45 hours on ________, one of the dog handlers, Alan Munn, and his English Setter, 'Ari' located a new female kakapo near Lees Knob.
(a) July 24, 1977.
(b) August 25, 1989.
(c) November 9, 1998.
(d) September 4, 1999.
3. Mark Carwardine says that Mauritius was originally colonized by the _______.
4. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
5. Who wrote Douglas and Mark a letter soon after they returned to England about the kakapo's slow road to recovery?
(a) Richard Lewis.
(b) Andy Roberts.
(c) Carl Jones.
(d) Professor Zhou.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Mauritius kestrel who was in love with Carl Jones?
2. What was the strange person carrying with them in the beginning of the story the Sibylline books?
3. Professor Zhou said that ________ in the Yangtze was a major problem for the baiji dolphins, and severely interfered with their echolocation.
4. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
5. All of the following people are mentioned in the book Last Chance to See, except for who?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze the Tiananmen Gate.
2. Analyze the letter Douglas and Mark received from Andy Roberts in the chapter, Mark's Epilogue.
3. What two odd things did Adams find about the music he heard while in China? Explain.
4. What book bothered Douglas Adams when he was young? How does he feel about the book now? Explain.
5. What does the note in the hotel's directory of guest services state according to Adams in the chapter Blind Panic?
6. Analyze the two new species of lemur found in Madagascar, according to the chapter Mark's Epilogue.
7. Explain the beginning of the story of the Sibylline books. How do the townspeople respond to the old beggar woman?
8. What was the very rare bird on the island Mauritius? Describe this bird.
9. Analyze and describe Professor Zhou.
10. Explain Carl Jones and Richard Lewis' s first obsession as seen in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)