|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the arrogant Frenchman in chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, who Adams, Carwardine and Richard detest instantly?
2. Adams states that there are only ________ bottle palm trees on Round Island.
3. Mark explains that, "There are so many threatened animals around the world that, at the rate of ________ every ________ weeks, it would have taken Douglas and me more than three hundred years to search for them all."
(a) 1 / 3.
(b) 2 / 10.
(c) 3 / 3.
(d) 90 / 8.
4. All of the following people are mentioned in the book Last Chance to See, except for who?
(c) Alain le Garsmeur.
5. Adams and Carwardine went to Rodrigues Island to look for what animal?
(a) Fruit bats.
(b) Spider monkey.
(c) Elegant frog.
(d) Three-toed sloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adams and Carwardine entered the Friendship Store in the chapter Blind Panic to purchase what item?
2. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a quarter of her books?
3. A unique feature revealed by Adams about the baiji is that it is half ________.
4. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
5. The chapter Blind Panic explains that the baiji dolphin was first discovered in ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the note in the hotel's directory of guest services state according to Adams in the chapter Blind Panic?
2. What occurs when they send the old beggar woman away?
3. Analyze the ending of the story of the Sibylline books.
4. What has since happened to the Northern White rhinos in Zaire as detailed by Kes Hillman-Smith in the chapter Mark's Epilogue?
5. Define the term "exotic species." Explain why a disaster usually is the result when species is introduced from abroad.
6. Explain Carl Jones's character according to Adams in Rare, or Medium Rare.
7. What two odd things did Adams find about the music he heard while in China? Explain.
8. Analyze the Tiananmen Gate.
9. Analyze the letter Douglas and Mark received from Andy Roberts in the chapter, Mark's Epilogue.
10. Why do the people of the city say that the old beggar woman can't be very wise or knowledgeable? Explain.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)