|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adams claim to be the most famous of all the animals on Mauritius?
(b) Bush baby.
(d) Gentle dove.
2. Adams details that the gateway to the Forbidden City, the ________ Gate, is where the great iconic portrait of Chairman Mao gazed out across the vastness of the Tiananmen Square.
3. According to Mark Carwardine, a staggering ________ have been found and identified so far.
(a) 9.5 million.
(c) 1.4 million.
(d) 1 billion.
4. What was the strange person carrying with them in the beginning of the story the Sibylline books?
(a) 22 Bibles.
(b) 12 large books.
(c) 3 bags of gold.
(d) 5 green apples.
5. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has long been discredited as a bourgeois capitalist running-dog lackey, according to the chapter Blind Panic?
2. Mark's Epilogue explains that for millions of years, on average, ________ species became extinct every century.
3. What term describes the process by which the bird cleans its beak of meat after eating, by rubbing it along a branch?
4. What was a mining product used in producing t toothpaste, iron and steel casting, and also as an additive for pig food?
5. Adams and Carwardine went to Rodrigues Island to look for what animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs when they send the old beggar woman away?
2. What was the very rare bird on the island Mauritius? Describe this bird.
3. Describe and identify Pink as detailed in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
4. Analyze one of the problems with breeding birds in captivity.
5. Define the term "exotic species." Explain why a disaster usually is the result when species is introduced from abroad.
6. Analyze the ending of the story of the Sibylline books.
7. Explain the beginning of the story of the Sibylline books. How do the townspeople respond to the old beggar woman?
8. What has since happened to the Northern White rhinos in Zaire as detailed by Kes Hillman-Smith in the chapter Mark's Epilogue?
9. Explain Carl Jones and Richard Lewis' s first obsession as seen in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
10. Analyze the two new species of lemur found in Madagascar, according to the chapter Mark's Epilogue.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)