|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the point of view of the book, Last Chance to See?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person narrative.
(c) Alternating point of view.
(d) Third person.
2. What was the name of the non-round island near Mauritius Island in the Indian Ocean?
(a) Baffin Island.
(b) Kodiak Island.
(c) Victoria Island.
(d) Round Island.
3. The story in the chapter Sifting Through the Embers details a summer, when the people of the city were busy thriving and prospering, a strange ________ arrived at the gates.
(a) Hairless child.
(b) Dirty witch.
(c) Toothless man.
(d) Old beggar woman.
4. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for the six remaining books?
(a) 2 sacks of diamonds.
(b) 6 sacks of diamonds.
(c) 1 sack of gold.
(d) 2 sacks of gold.
5. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a quarter of her books?
(a) 4 sacks of diamonds.
(b) 9 sacks of diamonds.
(c) 4 sacks of gold.
(d) 3 sacks of diamonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Merton phoned Carwardine to tell him that a newly made kakapo nest had been found on ________.
2. Mark Carwardine explains that the ________, which was once the most common bird that ever lived on earth was hunted to extinction in little more than fifty years.
3. What was the name of the sugar estate's elderly gatekeeper and eccentric Mauritian who would not let anybody through his gate without a permit?
4. What was the name of the Mauritius kestrel who was in love with Carl Jones?
5. Adams and Carwardine entered the Friendship Store in the chapter Blind Panic to purchase what item?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)