|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Merton phoned Carwardine to tell him that a newly made kakapo nest had been found on ________.
(c) Little Barrier Island.
(d) Stewart Island.
2. Adams explains that in the thirties, the Peace Hotel was known as the ________.
3. All of the following people are mentioned in the book Last Chance to See, except for who?
(a) Alain le Garsmeur.
4. Professor Zhou said that ________ in the Yangtze was a major problem for the baiji dolphins, and severely interfered with their echolocation.
5. Why did Adams and Carwardine need to buy a condom in chapter Blind Panic?
(a) To go over the microphone to record dolphins.
(b) To have a souvenir.
(c) To use as protection.
(d) To protect their food against bugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chapter Blind Panic explains that the baiji dolphin was first discovered in ________.
2. What was the name of the spectacular remnant of the days when Shanghai was one of the most glamorous and cosmopolitan ports in the world?
3. What was the name of the man who gets passengers in his Land Rover to answer questions by watching them rather than the dangerous road until they respond?
4. What story once bothered Douglas Adams when he was young according to the chapter Sifting Through the Embers?
5. According to Mark Carwardine, a staggering ________ have been found and identified so far.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)