|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carwardine told Adams before going to bed in the chapter, Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, to turn his boots upside-down and shake them in the morning for what reason?
2. According to the agent at the Merpati Airlines, there were ________ people booked on Adams and Carwardine's return flight to Bali.
3. In what decade did Madagascar manage to divest themselves from French rule?
4. What was the name of the benign man with the air of a vicar on-board the plane with Adams and Carwardine in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Carlos Weber.
(b) Don Merton.
(c) Bob Wyatt.
(d) Daniel Torres.
5. Who was the man in Melbourne who Adams claim knew more about poisonous snakes than anyone else on earth?
(a) Dr. Christiaan Barnard
(b) Dr. Struan Sutherland.
(c) Dr. Jean Astruc.
(d) Dr. Charles R. Drew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
2. What term did Adam heard bandied about by New Zealand zoologists, and they had bandied it about so casually that he did not want to say the he hadn't the faintest idea what they were talking about?
3. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
4. Who was the warden of Little Barrier Island?
5. What was the name of the two smooth characters dressed in military camouflage and black berets, who slouched across the table languidly caressing their rifles in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three animals are the most poisonous? Explain.
2. Explain what happened to the Passenger pigeon according to Mark Carwardine.
3. What is Mark Carwardine's response to the question: "Was this really our last chance to see these animals?"
4. What has since happened to the Northern White rhinos in Zaire as detailed by Kes Hillman-Smith in the chapter Mark's Epilogue?
5. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
6. Describe the remarkable feature of the Aye-aye that both Adams and Carwardine analyzed.
7. What problem arose while Mark Carwardine was arranging travel plans with the Ambassador in Brussels?
8. Analyze the two new species of lemur found in Madagascar, according to the chapter Mark's Epilogue.
9. Describe Kiri and Moose as discussed in the chapter, Here Be Chickens.
10. What was the very rare bird on the island Mauritius? Describe this bird.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)