|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Douglas Adams, there are no ________ in Madagascar or in Papua New Guinea.
(a) Dwarf lemur.
(d) Flying fox.
2. Mark Carwardine said in Twig Technology that the Ambassador in ________ promised that the Ministry of Agriculture would be able to give them two Land Rovers and a helicopter.
3. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
4. Douglas Adams was a self-proclaimed writer of humorous ________.
(a) Romance fiction.
(c) Science fiction.
(d) Historical fiction.
5. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
(a) Arab and Zhou.
(b) Murara and Serundori.
(c) Kes and Fraser.
(d) Helmut and Kurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Carwardine, what does a Kakapo tracker do when there aren't any Kakapo that need tracking?
2. A guest house or small hotel in Indonesia is called a ________.
3. Douglas Adams informs the reader that every other shop in Zaire is a ________.
4. What is the name of the tiny, idyllic, rain-forest island just off the northeast coast of Madagascar?
5. What is the name of the mountain parrots that are very intelligent, with long curved beaks and distinctive wing beats in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Illustrate the other two people sharing the hut with Adams and Carwardine in the Virunga Volcanoes.
2. Describe the first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the customs hut in Zaire.
3. Analyze one of the problems with breeding birds in captivity.
4. What book bothered Douglas Adams when he was young? How does he feel about the book now? Explain.
5. What three animals are the most poisonous? Explain.
6. Describe the Komodo dragons found in chapter Here Be Chickens.
7. What confession does Adams make in Heartbeats in the Night?
8. According to the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, what happened to Reunion Island? Explain.
9. What has since happened to the Northern White rhinos in Zaire as detailed by Kes Hillman-Smith in the chapter Mark's Epilogue?
10. Analyze and discuss the Great Apes found in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)