|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Zaire's ex-colonial master?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Canadians.
(c) The Belgians.
(d) The Irish.
2. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Juan Carlos Cardenas.
(b) Bruce harris.
(c) Ron Tindall.
3. What part of Arab's body was the kakapo holding lightly, but firmly in its bill in Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Right forefinger.
(c) Left earlobe.
(d) Upper lip.
4. Who was the warden of Little Barrier Island?
5. What is the name of the mountain parrots that are very intelligent, with long curved beaks and distinctive wing beats in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Gray-necked Rockfowl.
(b) The Kea.
(d) Congo Peafowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Twig Technology, the narrator states that the Aye-aye is a ________ lemur.
2. Douglas Adams was a self-proclaimed writer of humorous ________.
3. Who was the photographer on the plane with Adams in Twig Technology?
4. Adams states that when Captain Cook saw New Zealand from the sea in ________, he recorded that "inland as far as the eye can see the peaks are crowded together as to scarcely admit any valleys between them."
5. Twig Technology declared that there are less than ________ Northern White rhinos left, and there's a desperate battle going on to save them from the poachers.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the more dangerous animals in Africa, according to Adams? Explain.
2. Are Komodo dragons man-eaters? Explain.
3. Compare and contrast Adams' view of Bali to that of David Attenborough's.
4. Describe the first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the customs hut in Zaire.
5. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
6. Describe the Aye-aye discussed in chapter Twig Technology.
7. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
8. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
9. Discuss the French control over Madagascar and the spelling of Antananarivo.
10. Describe the remarkable feature of the Aye-aye that both Adams and Carwardine analyzed.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)