|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the Zaire customs hut was a picture of a ________.
(b) Komodo dragon.
(c) Baiji river dolphin.
2. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
(a) Christian / Inagua.
(b) Monkey / Antananarivo.
(c) Dutch / Narrabri.
(d) German / Bubaque.
3. Douglas Adams informs the reader that every other shop in Zaire is a ________.
(b) Gas station.
(d) Grocery store.
4. How many poachers does Murara claim to have shot dead?
5. According to Adams in Twig Technology, Antananarivo is pronounced ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Douglas Adams explains that "one of the characteristics that laymen find most odd about zoologists is their insatiable enthusiasm for ________."
2. Adams expresses that if you took the whole of ________, scrunched it up a bit, shook out all the moose and reindeer, hurled it ten thousand miles around the world, and filled it with birds, then you'd be wasting your time, because it looks as if someone has already done it.
3. What was the name of the benign man with the air of a vicar on-board the plane with Adams and Carwardine in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
4. What is the name of the tiny, idyllic, rain-forest island just off the northeast coast of Madagascar?
5. Douglas Adams was a self-proclaimed writer of humorous ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the poaching problem described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
2. Discuss the French control over Madagascar and the spelling of Antananarivo.
3. Compare and contrast Mark Carwardine to Douglas Adams, as described in chapter Twig Technology.
4. Describe the first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the customs hut in Zaire.
5. Are Komodo dragons man-eaters? Explain.
6. Compare and contrast Adams' view of Bali to that of David Attenborough's.
7. Illustrate the other two people sharing the hut with Adams and Carwardine in the Virunga Volcanoes.
8. Describe the Kea, as discussed in Heartbeats in the Night.
9. Explain the term "habituating," as described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
10. Discuss the irony Adams saw surrounding the history of lemurs.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)