|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the freelance Kakapo tracker working for the New Zealand Department of Conservation?
2. In what town did Adams and Carwardine discover that even when making internal flights in Zaire, you still had to go through the full rigmarole of immigration and customs controls all over again?
3. Mark Carwardine said in Twig Technology that the Ambassador in ________ promised that the Ministry of Agriculture would be able to give them two Land Rovers and a helicopter.
4. According to Mark Carwardine, there are only _______ Kakapos still alive.
5. What was the name of the village in the foothills of the Virungas, which marks the point where the road finally gives up, and from which Adams and Carwardine had to travel on by foot?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Twig Technology, the narrator states that the Aye-aye is a ________ lemur.
2. All of the following marine creatures are more poisonous than anything on land except for which of the following?
3. Where are the Northern White rhinos located, according to Adams and Carwardine?
4. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
5. In Here Be Chickens, room service told Adams and Carwardine that the ________ would be a handy thing to have when looking for man-eating lizards.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Aye-aye discussed in chapter Twig Technology.
2. Compare and contrast Mark Carwardine to Douglas Adams, as described in chapter Twig Technology.
3. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
4. What peculiar thing happened to Adams in Twig Technology?
5. What problem arose while Mark Carwardine was arranging travel plans with the Ambassador in Brussels?
6. Illustrate the other two people sharing the hut with Adams and Carwardine in the Virunga Volcanoes.
7. Discuss the irony Adams saw surrounding the history of lemurs.
8. Define primary rain forest and its importance to the ecological system.
9. Discuss the French control over Madagascar and the spelling of Antananarivo.
10. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)