|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Douglas Adams reveals that the country eventually changed its name from the Belgian Congo to Zaire in what year?
2. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
(c) Elephant birds.
3. All of the following marine creatures are more poisonous than anything on land except for which of the following?
(b) Scorpion fish.
(d) Sea snakes.
4. According to the narrator in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, where in Zaire do the mountain gorillas live?
(a) Amak Volcano.
(b) The Virunga Volcanoes.
(c) Cold Bay Volcano.
(d) Buldir Volcano.
5. According to Douglas Adams, there are no ________ in Madagascar or in Papua New Guinea.
(c) Dwarf lemur.
(d) Flying fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
2. Who was the man in Melbourne who Adams claim knew more about poisonous snakes than anyone else on earth?
3. According to Adams, there are ________ Northern White rhinoceros in Czechoslovakia.
4. Bill Black claims he has flown in Fiordland for ________ years.
5. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the poaching problem described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
2. What three animals are the most poisonous? Explain.
3. What peculiar thing happened to Adams in Twig Technology?
4. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
5. Compare and contrast Adams' view of Bali to that of David Attenborough's.
6. Illustrate the other two people sharing the hut with Adams and Carwardine in the Virunga Volcanoes.
7. Explain Dr. Struan Sutherland's answer to the question: What does one do when bitten by a poisonous snake?
8. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
9. Analyze Don Merton as described by Adams in Heartbeats in the Night.
10. Describe the Komodo dragons found in chapter Here Be Chickens.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)