|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the warden of Little Barrier Island?
2. Who is said to be one of the most experienced helicopter pilots in the world, according to the narrator?
(a) Terry Greene.
(b) Richard Lewis.
(c) Craig Hodsell.
(d) Bill Black.
3. Douglas Adams was a self-proclaimed writer of humorous ________.
(a) Romance fiction.
(b) Science fiction.
(d) Historical fiction.
4. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
5. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) New Finland.
(c) New Amsterdam.
(d) New Guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Heartbeats in the Night, Douglas Adams wonders why so many words that describe what the sun does in the morning begin with the letters "________."
2. Dr. Sutherland explains that the most poisonous spider is the ________, which bites about five hundred people a year.
3. What was the name of the BBC sound engineer that accompanied Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine?
4. What is the name of the mountain parrots that are very intelligent, with long curved beaks and distinctive wing beats in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
5. Douglas Adams reveals that there is a good living to be made in Bali from pointing at ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
2. Describe the first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the customs hut in Zaire.
3. Describe Kiri and Moose as discussed in the chapter, Here Be Chickens.
4. Analyze Don Merton as described by Adams in Heartbeats in the Night.
5. What problem arose while Mark Carwardine was arranging travel plans with the Ambassador in Brussels?
6. Discuss the French control over Madagascar and the spelling of Antananarivo.
7. How does Adams answer the big question: "How on earth has the Kakapo managed to last this long?"
8. Explain the term "habituating," as described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
9. What is one of the more dangerous animals in Africa, according to Adams? Explain.
10. Discuss the irony Adams saw surrounding the history of lemurs.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)