|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Twig Technology states that at the end of the last century, ________ took over Madagascar.
2. The children on Labuan Bajo in chapter Here Be Chickens were playing with a one-legged ________.
3. Adams explains that once, before New Zealand was inhabited by humans, there were hundreds of thousands of ________.
(d) Komodo dragons.
4. What was the name of the BBC sound engineer that accompanied Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine?
(a) Robert Giusti.
(b) John Fontana.
(c) Chris Muir.
(d) Liu Renjun.
5. Dr. Sutherland explains that the most poisonous spider is the ________, which bites about five hundred people a year.
(a) Sydney Funnel-web.
(b) Black Widow.
(c) Brown Recluse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Here Be Chickens, room service told Adams and Carwardine that the ________ would be a handy thing to have when looking for man-eating lizards.
2. What item did the pharmacie's in Zaire not carry that bewildered Adams in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
3. A guest house or small hotel in Indonesia is called a ________.
4. Who was the freelance Kakapo tracker working for the New Zealand Department of Conservation?
5. What is the name of the tiny, idyllic, rain-forest island just off the northeast coast of Madagascar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the customs hut in Zaire.
2. What is one of the more dangerous animals in Africa, according to Adams? Explain.
3. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
4. What confession does Adams make in Heartbeats in the Night?
5. Discuss the irony Adams saw surrounding the history of lemurs.
6. Explain Dr. Struan Sutherland's answer to the question: What does one do when bitten by a poisonous snake?
7. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
8. What problem arose while Mark Carwardine was arranging travel plans with the Ambassador in Brussels?
9. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
10. Describe the Kea, as discussed in Heartbeats in the Night.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)