|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term was used Heartbeats of the Night to describe an animal who doesn't like other animals?
(a) Lonely creature.
(b) Solitary creature.
(c) Shy creature.
(d) Bashful creature.
2. What term did Adam heard bandied about by New Zealand zoologists, and they had bandied it about so casually that he did not want to say the he hadn't the faintest idea what they were talking about?
(a) Convergent evolution.
(b) Track and bowl system.
(c) Dashed unit ball.
(d) Checks and balances.
3. In Twig Technology, the narrator states that the Aye-aye is a ________ lemur.
4. Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat informs the reader that by the ________ independence movements were sweeping across Africa.
5. Carwardine told Adams before going to bed in the chapter, Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, to turn his boots upside-down and shake them in the morning for what reason?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Northern White rhinos located, according to Adams and Carwardine?
2. According to the narrator in Twig Technology, in ________, by some sort of journalistic accident, the narrator went to look for an almost extinct animal.
3. The evolutionary change that passed Madagascar by was the arrival of the ________.
4. In the beginning of Twig Technology, the narrator reveals that he went to what country?
5. Who is said to be one of the most experienced helicopter pilots in the world, according to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the French control over Madagascar and the spelling of Antananarivo.
2. Are Komodo dragons man-eaters? Explain.
3. Describe Kiri and Moose as discussed in the chapter, Here Be Chickens.
4. Describe the Kea, as discussed in Heartbeats in the Night.
5. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
6. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
7. Describe the first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the customs hut in Zaire.
8. What problem arose while Mark Carwardine was arranging travel plans with the Ambassador in Brussels?
9. Explain the significance of "darkest Africa," as seen in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
10. How does Adams answer the big question: "How on earth has the Kakapo managed to last this long?"
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)