|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, where in Zaire do the mountain gorillas live?
(a) Cold Bay Volcano.
(b) Buldir Volcano.
(c) The Virunga Volcanoes.
(d) Amak Volcano.
2. According to Mark Carwardine, there are only _______ Kakapos still alive.
3. What guide did Adams and Carwardine expect to have in the chapter Here Be Chickens?
(a) Bill Black.
(b) Mr. Condo.
(c) Gary "Arab" Aburn.
4. Where are the Northern White rhinos located, according to Adams and Carwardine?
5. The Virunga Volcanoes border the following countries except for which one?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Adams in Twig Technology, Antananarivo is pronounced ________.
2. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
3. The first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the Zaire customs hut was a picture of a ________.
4. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
5. Douglas Adams was a self-proclaimed writer of humorous ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
2. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
3. What is one of the more dangerous animals in Africa, according to Adams? Explain.
4. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
5. What peculiar thing happened to Adams in Twig Technology?
6. Discuss the irony Adams saw surrounding the history of lemurs.
7. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
8. Describe the first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the customs hut in Zaire.
9. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
10. Analyze and discuss the Great Apes found in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)