|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the freelance Kakapo tracker working for the New Zealand Department of Conservation?
2. According to Carwardine, what does a Kakapo tracker do when there aren't any Kakapo that need tracking?
(a) They eat and sleep.
(b) They kill cats.
(c) They kill alligators.
(d) They breed.
3. Douglas Adams states that the Kakapo is a bird that in some ways reminds him of the ________.
(a) Irish alcohol industry.
(b) American tourist industry.
(c) Brazilian martial art industry.
(d) British motorbike industry.
4. Where are the Northern White rhinos located, according to Adams and Carwardine?
5. What was the name of the village in the foothills of the Virungas, which marks the point where the road finally gives up, and from which Adams and Carwardine had to travel on by foot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term was used Heartbeats of the Night to describe an animal who doesn't like other animals?
2. In Twig Technology, the narrator states that the Aye-aye is a ________ lemur.
3. What guide did Adams and Carwardine expect to have in the chapter Here Be Chickens?
4. Who was the warden of Little Barrier Island?
5. Adams informs the reader that a young female gorilla called ________, caught her hand in a wire antelope snare and eventually died of septicemia in August 1988.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
2. Describe Kiri and Moose as discussed in the chapter, Here Be Chickens.
3. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
4. Illustrate the other two people sharing the hut with Adams and Carwardine in the Virunga Volcanoes.
5. Describe the Komodo dragons found in chapter Here Be Chickens.
6. Describe the Kea, as discussed in Heartbeats in the Night.
7. What peculiar thing happened to Adams in Twig Technology?
8. Explain the term "habituating," as described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
9. How does Adams answer the big question: "How on earth has the Kakapo managed to last this long?"
10. What is one of the more dangerous animals in Africa, according to Adams? Explain.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)