|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following were on-board the twenty-three-foot fishing vessel in the chapter Here Be Chickens, except for which?
(b) A goat.
(c) Four chickens.
(d) Two small boys.
2. Who was the freelance Kakapo tracker working for the New Zealand Department of Conservation?
3. In what town did Adams and Carwardine discover that even when making internal flights in Zaire, you still had to go through the full rigmarole of immigration and customs controls all over again?
4. According to Carwardine, what does a Kakapo tracker do when there aren't any Kakapo that need tracking?
(a) They eat and sleep.
(b) They kill cats.
(c) They breed.
(d) They kill alligators.
5. Douglas Adams reveals that there is a good living to be made in Bali from pointing at ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Douglas Adams states that the Kakapo is a bird that in some ways reminds him of the ________.
2. Dr. Sutherland explains that the most poisonous spider is the ________, which bites about five hundred people a year.
3. In Twig Technology, the narrator states that the Aye-aye is a ________ lemur.
4. What item did the pharmacie's in Zaire not carry that bewildered Adams in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
5. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Mark Carwardine to Douglas Adams, as described in chapter Twig Technology.
2. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
3. Discuss the French control over Madagascar and the spelling of Antananarivo.
4. What problem arose while Mark Carwardine was arranging travel plans with the Ambassador in Brussels?
5. Describe the Aye-aye discussed in chapter Twig Technology.
6. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
7. Explain Dr. Struan Sutherland's answer to the question: What does one do when bitten by a poisonous snake?
8. Describe the Komodo dragons found in chapter Here Be Chickens.
9. Discuss the poaching problem described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
10. Define primary rain forest and its importance to the ecological system.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)