|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
(a) Christian / Inagua.
(b) Dutch / Narrabri.
(c) Monkey / Antananarivo.
(d) German / Bubaque.
2. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
(a) Jean-Jacques Petter.
(b) Doreen Montgomery.
(c) Don Merton.
(d) Chen Peixun.
3. What was the name of the village in the foothills of the Virungas, which marks the point where the road finally gives up, and from which Adams and Carwardine had to travel on by foot?
4. Adams explains that once, before New Zealand was inhabited by humans, there were hundreds of thousands of ________.
(d) Komodo dragons.
5. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
(a) Threatened Apes / 2.
(b) Albino Apes / 6.
(c) Great Apes / 3.
(d) Exotic Apes / 9.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night does Adams say he was destined never to find out anything more about while on his way to the warden's lodge?
2. What was the name of the BBC sound engineer that accompanied Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine?
3. Adams informs the reader that "Moose" was short for ________.
4. In the chapter Here Be Chickens, Adam and Carwardine board a boat that was a twenty-three-foot fishing vessel called the ________.
5. In Twig Technology, the narrator states that the Aye-aye is a ________ lemur.
Short Essay Questions
1. What confession does Adams make in Heartbeats in the Night?
2. Describe the Komodo dragons found in chapter Here Be Chickens.
3. What three animals are the most poisonous? Explain.
4. Explain the significance of "darkest Africa," as seen in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
5. Discuss the poaching problem described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
6. Describe the Aye-aye discussed in chapter Twig Technology.
7. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
8. Describe the first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the customs hut in Zaire.
9. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
10. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)