|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark Carwardine explains that there are more _________ per square meter of ground on Komodo than in any equivalent area on earth.
(a) Poisonous plants.
(b) Poisonous snakes.
(c) Poisonous wasps.
(d) Poisonous frogs.
2. Douglas Adams was a self-proclaimed writer of humorous ________.
(b) Science fiction.
(c) Historical fiction.
(d) Romance fiction.
3. Douglas Adams reveals that the country eventually changed its name from the Belgian Congo to Zaire in what year?
4. The Virunga Volcanoes border the following countries except for which one?
5. According to Adams in Twig Technology, Antananarivo is pronounced ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many poachers does Murara claim to have shot dead?
2. What is the name of the mountain parrots that are very intelligent, with long curved beaks and distinctive wing beats in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
3. Mark Carwardine states that the "________ is an incredibly complex system, but when you're actually standing in it, it looks half-empty."
4. What term did Adam heard bandied about by New Zealand zoologists, and they had bandied it about so casually that he did not want to say the he hadn't the faintest idea what they were talking about?
5. According to Adams, ________ in every five of the gorillas alive in the world's zoos today were originally taken from the wild.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the customs hut in Zaire.
2. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
3. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
4. Illustrate the other two people sharing the hut with Adams and Carwardine in the Virunga Volcanoes.
5. Are Komodo dragons man-eaters? Explain.
6. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
7. Describe the remarkable feature of the Aye-aye that both Adams and Carwardine analyzed.
8. Discuss the irony Adams saw surrounding the history of lemurs.
9. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
10. Describe Kiri and Moose as discussed in the chapter, Here Be Chickens.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)