|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
(a) Labuan Bajo.
2. What was the nearly extinct form of lemur called that Mark and Douglas went to search for in Twig Technology?
(c) Alaotran Gentle.
(d) Fat-Tailed Dwarf.
3. Carwardine told Adams before going to bed in the chapter, Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, to turn his boots upside-down and shake them in the morning for what reason?
4. Who was the charming man with a squarish face, a shock of wavy black hair, and a thick black mustache that sat on his lip like a bar of chocolate?
(d) Mr. Condo.
5. According to the narrator in Twig Technology, in ________, by some sort of journalistic accident, the narrator went to look for an almost extinct animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first animal Adams and Carwardine looked for in Here Be Chickens?
2. In what decade did Madagascar manage to divest themselves from French rule?
3. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
4. The narrator explains in Twig Technology that monkeys are ambitious and interested in all sorts of things, especially ________, with which they found they could do all kinds of things that they couldn't do by themselves.
5. In what town did Adams and Carwardine discover that even when making internal flights in Zaire, you still had to go through the full rigmarole of immigration and customs controls all over again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the remarkable feature of the Aye-aye that both Adams and Carwardine analyzed.
2. What peculiar thing happened to Adams in Twig Technology?
3. What problem arose while Mark Carwardine was arranging travel plans with the Ambassador in Brussels?
4. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
5. Describe the Aye-aye discussed in chapter Twig Technology.
6. Explain the significance of "darkest Africa," as seen in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
7. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
8. Analyze Don Merton as described by Adams in Heartbeats in the Night.
9. Describe the Komodo dragons found in chapter Here Be Chickens.
10. What confession does Adams make in Heartbeats in the Night?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)