|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Adams, there are ________ Northern White rhinoceros in Czechoslovakia.
2. The Virunga Volcanoes border the following countries except for which one?
3. In the chapter Here Be Chickens, Adam and Carwardine board a boat that was a twenty-three-foot fishing vessel called the ________.
4. According to the narrator in Twig Technology, in ________, by some sort of journalistic accident, the narrator went to look for an almost extinct animal.
5. Douglas Adams reveals that the country eventually changed its name from the Belgian Congo to Zaire in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Zaire's ex-colonial master?
2. According to Adams, what species is one of man's closest living relatives?
3. In Heartbeats in the Night, Douglas Adams wonders why so many words that describe what the sun does in the morning begin with the letters "________."
4. What term was used Heartbeats of the Night to describe an animal who doesn't like other animals?
5. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze Don Merton as described by Adams in Heartbeats in the Night.
2. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
3. Define primary rain forest and its importance to the ecological system.
4. Describe the Komodo dragons found in chapter Here Be Chickens.
5. Discuss the French control over Madagascar and the spelling of Antananarivo.
6. What three animals are the most poisonous? Explain.
7. What peculiar thing happened to Adams in Twig Technology?
8. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
9. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
10. Are Komodo dragons man-eaters? Explain.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)