|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
(a) Labuan Bajo.
2. In Heartbeats in the Night, Douglas Adams wonders why so many words that describe what the sun does in the morning begin with the letters "________."
3. According to Adams in Twig Technology, Antananarivo is pronounced ________.
4. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
5. The narrator states in the chapter Here Be Chickens, "I knew that if I were a mariner in unknown waters, the first thing I would write on my charts at this moment would be 'Here Be ________.'"
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark Carwardine explains that the best way to catch a Komodo dragon is to have a ________ that has been dead for ________ days.
2. The children on Labuan Bajo in chapter Here Be Chickens were playing with a one-legged ________.
3. Adams informs the reader that "Moose" was short for ________.
4. According to the agent at the Merpati Airlines, there were ________ people booked on Adams and Carwardine's return flight to Bali.
5. Who was the BBC producer who recorded Adams and Carwardine's exploits for a radio documentary series?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze and describe the Kakapo.
2. Describe the Kea, as discussed in Heartbeats in the Night.
3. Compare and contrast Adams' view of Bali to that of David Attenborough's.
4. Describe the Komodo dragons found in chapter Here Be Chickens.
5. Define primary rain forest and its importance to the ecological system.
6. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
7. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
8. Describe the remarkable feature of the Aye-aye that both Adams and Carwardine analyzed.
9. Analyze and discuss the Great Apes found in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
10. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)