|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
(a) Christian / Inagua.
(b) Dutch / Narrabri.
(c) Monkey / Antananarivo.
(d) German / Bubaque.
2. The first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the Zaire customs hut was a picture of a ________.
(a) Komodo dragon.
(d) Baiji river dolphin.
3. Twig Technology declared that there are less than ________ Northern White rhinos left, and there's a desperate battle going on to save them from the poachers.
4. What is the name of the tiny, idyllic, rain-forest island just off the northeast coast of Madagascar?
(d) Nosy Mangabe.
5. A little-known fact revealed in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night, is that one of the more dangerous animals in Africa is the ________.
(a) Lava Mouse.
(c) Blue Antelope.
(d) Cape Warthog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Douglas Adams informs the reader that every other shop in Zaire is a ________.
2. The evolutionary change that passed Madagascar by was the arrival of the ________.
3. What term was used Heartbeats of the Night to describe an animal who doesn't like other animals?
4. According to Adams, there are ________ Northern White rhinoceros in Czechoslovakia.
5. In what decade did Madagascar manage to divest themselves from French rule?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Mark Carwardine to Douglas Adams, as described in chapter Twig Technology.
2. How does Adams answer the big question: "How on earth has the Kakapo managed to last this long?"
3. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
4. Discuss the poaching problem described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
5. Analyze Don Merton as described by Adams in Heartbeats in the Night.
6. Discuss the irony Adams saw surrounding the history of lemurs.
7. Analyze the title of Heartbeats in the Night.
8. What is one of the more dangerous animals in Africa, according to Adams? Explain.
9. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
10. What peculiar thing happened to Adams in Twig Technology?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)