|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the Zaire customs hut was a picture of a ________.
(a) Komodo dragon.
(d) Baiji river dolphin.
2. Mark Carwardine states that the "________ is an incredibly complex system, but when you're actually standing in it, it looks half-empty."
(d) Primary rain forest.
3. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
(a) New Amsterdam.
(b) New Finland.
(c) New Zealand.
(d) New Guinea.
4. All of the following were on-board the twenty-three-foot fishing vessel in the chapter Here Be Chickens, except for which?
(a) Four chickens.
(b) Two small boys.
(c) A goat.
5. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
2. Adams expresses that if you took the whole of ________, scrunched it up a bit, shook out all the moose and reindeer, hurled it ten thousand miles around the world, and filled it with birds, then you'd be wasting your time, because it looks as if someone has already done it.
3. Douglas Adams explains that "one of the characteristics that laymen find most odd about zoologists is their insatiable enthusiasm for ________."
4. Who is the Zaire's ex-colonial master?
5. Adams informs the reader that a young female gorilla called ________, caught her hand in a wire antelope snare and eventually died of septicemia in August 1988.
Short Essay Questions
1. Are Komodo dragons man-eaters? Explain.
2. Analyze and discuss the Great Apes found in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
3. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
4. How does Adams answer the big question: "How on earth has the Kakapo managed to last this long?"
5. Explain the term "habituating," as described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
6. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
7. Discuss the poaching problem described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
8. Describe Kiri and Moose as discussed in the chapter, Here Be Chickens.
9. Describe the Komodo dragons found in chapter Here Be Chickens.
10. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)