|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
(b) Labuan Bajo.
2. The currency-declaration forms that Adams and Carwardine had to fill out in Zaire had the heading ________, crossed out, with "Zaire" written instead in pencil.
(a) French Territory.
(b) Belgian Congo.
(c) District of Columbia.
(d) Property of the United States.
3. What was the nearly extinct form of lemur called that Mark and Douglas went to search for in Twig Technology?
(b) Fat-Tailed Dwarf.
(d) Alaotran Gentle.
4. What was the name of the two smooth characters dressed in military camouflage and black berets, who slouched across the table languidly caressing their rifles in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
(a) Zhou and Aartee.
(b) Ros and Roberto.
(c) Murara and Serundori.
(d) Boss and Conrad.
5. In what decade did Madagascar manage to divest themselves from French rule?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark Carwardine explains that the best way to catch a Komodo dragon is to have a ________ that has been dead for ________ days.
2. Bill Black claims he has flown in Fiordland for ________ years.
3. According to the narrator in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, where in Zaire do the mountain gorillas live?
4. What is the name of the tiny, idyllic, rain-forest island just off the northeast coast of Madagascar?
5. Other than Madagascar, where else does the Aye-aye live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Carl Jones's character according to Adams in Rare, or Medium Rare.
2. What odd thing did Adams notice while in China that he describes in the chapter Blind Panic?
3. Analyze the Tiananmen Gate.
4. How does Adams answer the big question: "How on earth has the Kakapo managed to last this long?"
5. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
6. Analyze and describe Professor Zhou.
7. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
8. According to the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, what happened to Reunion Island? Explain.
9. Compare and contrast Adams' view of Bali to that of David Attenborough's.
10. What peculiar thing happened to Adams in Twig Technology?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)