|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
2. The children on Labuan Bajo in chapter Here Be Chickens were playing with a one-legged ________.
3. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
4. What guide did Adams and Carwardine expect to have in the chapter Here Be Chickens?
(a) Gary "Arab" Aburn.
(c) Bill Black.
(d) Mr. Condo.
5. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
(a) Albino Apes / 6.
(b) Exotic Apes / 9.
(c) Threatened Apes / 2.
(d) Great Apes / 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adams expresses that if you took the whole of ________, scrunched it up a bit, shook out all the moose and reindeer, hurled it ten thousand miles around the world, and filled it with birds, then you'd be wasting your time, because it looks as if someone has already done it.
2. Other than Madagascar, where else does the Aye-aye live?
3. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
4. Who was an extremely experienced and knowledgeable zoologist who was working at that time for the World Wildlife Fund?
5. Which two people meet Adams and Carwardine at the airport who are described as small, willowy-slim, healthy looking Indonesians?
Short Essay Questions
1. Illustrate the other two people sharing the hut with Adams and Carwardine in the Virunga Volcanoes.
2. Compare and contrast Adams' view of Bali to that of David Attenborough's.
3. Explain Dr. Struan Sutherland's answer to the question: What does one do when bitten by a poisonous snake?
4. Describe the Aye-aye discussed in chapter Twig Technology.
5. Describe Kiri and Moose as discussed in the chapter, Here Be Chickens.
6. What three animals are the most poisonous? Explain.
7. What is one of the more dangerous animals in Africa, according to Adams? Explain.
8. Analyze and discuss the Great Apes found in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
9. What extraordinary thing happened to both Adams and Carwardine in Twig Technology?
10. Discuss the poaching problem described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)