Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Ron Tindall.
(c) Bruce harris.
(d) Juan Carlos Cardenas.
2. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
(a) German / Bubaque.
(b) Christian / Inagua.
(c) Monkey / Antananarivo.
(d) Dutch / Narrabri.
3. Douglas Adams informs the reader that every other shop in Zaire is a ________.
(a) Grocery store.
(d) Gas station.
4. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
(a) Kes and Fraser.
(b) Arab and Zhou.
(c) Helmut and Kurt.
(d) Murara and Serundori.
5. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) New Amsterdam.
(c) New Finland.
(d) New Guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Virunga Volcanoes border the following countries except for which one?
2. According to Adams in Twig Technology, Antananarivo is pronounced ________.
3. ________, a vast tract of mountainous terrain that occupies the southwest corner of South Island, ________, is one of the most astounding pieces of land anywhere on God's earth, according to Douglas Adams.
4. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
5. According to Douglas Adams, there are no ________ in Madagascar or in Papua New Guinea.
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
2. Discuss the Tiananmen Square as described by Adams in the chapter Blind Panic.
3. Describe the Kea, as discussed in Heartbeats in the Night.
4. Explain the significance of "darkest Africa," as seen in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
5. Illustrate the other two people sharing the hut with Adams and Carwardine in the Virunga Volcanoes.
6. What odd thing did Adams notice while in China that he describes in the chapter Blind Panic?
7. Describe Kiri and Moose as discussed in the chapter, Here Be Chickens.
8. Explain Dr. Struan Sutherland's answer to the question: What does one do when bitten by a poisonous snake?
9. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
10. Analyze the ending of the story of the Sibylline books.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)