|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Adams in Twig Technology, Antananarivo is pronounced ________.
2. According to Adams, what happens to all cats born in Labuan Bajo?
(a) They are shipped to Europe.
(b) They are sold on the black market.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They have their tails docked.
3. What part of Arab's body was the kakapo holding lightly, but firmly in its bill in Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Left earlobe.
(c) Upper lip.
(d) Right forefinger.
4. What was the nearly extinct form of lemur called that Mark and Douglas went to search for in Twig Technology?
(a) Fat-Tailed Dwarf.
(c) Alaotran Gentle.
5. In Twig Technology, the narrator states that the Aye-aye is a ________ lemur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the charming man with a squarish face, a shock of wavy black hair, and a thick black mustache that sat on his lip like a bar of chocolate?
2. Adams informs the reader that a young female gorilla called ________, caught her hand in a wire antelope snare and eventually died of septicemia in August 1988.
3. How many poachers does Murara claim to have shot dead?
4. According to Douglas Adams, there are no ________ in Madagascar or in Papua New Guinea.
5. What bird in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night does Adams say he was destined never to find out anything more about while on his way to the warden's lodge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem arose while Mark Carwardine was arranging travel plans with the Ambassador in Brussels?
2. Compare and contrast Mark Carwardine to Douglas Adams, as described in chapter Twig Technology.
3. Analyze Don Merton as described by Adams in Heartbeats in the Night.
4. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
5. Describe the remarkable feature of the Aye-aye that both Adams and Carwardine analyzed.
6. Analyze and discuss the Great Apes found in the chapter Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
7. Describe the Kea, as discussed in Heartbeats in the Night.
8. What major evolutionary change passed Madagascar, according to Adams?
9. Discuss the French control over Madagascar and the spelling of Antananarivo.
10. What is one of the more dangerous animals in Africa, according to Adams? Explain.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)