|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark Carwardine states that the "________ is an incredibly complex system, but when you're actually standing in it, it looks half-empty."
(a) Primary rain forest.
2. In what town did Adams and Carwardine discover that even when making internal flights in Zaire, you still had to go through the full rigmarole of immigration and customs controls all over again?
3. According to the agent at the Merpati Airlines, there were ________ people booked on Adams and Carwardine's return flight to Bali.
4. The Virunga Volcanoes border the following countries except for which one?
5. Who was the freelance Kakapo tracker working for the New Zealand Department of Conservation?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Adams, who was a field researcher in Goma who has for years been responsible for gorilla conservation work in the area.
2. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
3. Other than Madagascar, where else does the Aye-aye live?
4. The currency-declaration forms that Adams and Carwardine had to fill out in Zaire had the heading ________, crossed out, with "Zaire" written instead in pencil.
5. A little-known fact revealed in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night, is that one of the more dangerous animals in Africa is the ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the customs hut in Zaire.
2. Are Komodo dragons man-eaters? Explain.
3. Describe the remarkable feature of the Aye-aye that both Adams and Carwardine analyzed.
4. What is Kakapo Castle, which is found in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night?
5. Describe Kiri and Moose as discussed in the chapter, Here Be Chickens.
6. Compare and contrast Mark Carwardine to Douglas Adams, as described in chapter Twig Technology.
7. Explain the term "habituating," as described in the chapter, Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
8. Analyze the Northern White rhinoceros of Czechoslovakia.
9. What is the significance of the lack of woodpeckers in Madagascar?
10. Discuss the irony Adams saw surrounding the history of lemurs.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)