|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In November ________, Carl found a parakeet nest with three eggs inside.
2. What was Richard Lewis' profession?
3. Mark Carwardine explains that ring-tailed lemurs have scent glands in their ________.
4. What was the strange person carrying with them in the beginning of the story the Sibylline books?
(a) 3 bags of gold.
(b) 5 green apples.
(c) 22 Bibles.
(d) 12 large books.
5. Adams and Carwardine entered the Tiananmen Square on ________.
(a) July 1990.
(b) October 1988.
(c) August 1972.
(d) January 1982.
6. What animal does not breed well in captivity, according to Carwardine in Mark's Epilogue?
(a) Northern White rhino.
(b) Three Toed Box turtles.
(c) Savannah Monitors.
7. After being rejected by the towns people, the old beggar woman burned ________ books.
8. According to Carwardine, there are only ______ elephants left in Africa due to poachers.
9. What story once bothered Douglas Adams when he was young according to the chapter Sifting Through the Embers?
(a) The Gift of the Magi.
(b) The Sibylline books.
(c) A Jury of Her Peers.
(d) To Build a Fire.
10. The chapter Blind Panic explains that the baiji dolphin was first discovered in ________.
(a) Xingkai Lake.
(b) Baiyangdian Lake.
(c) Lugu Lake.
(d) Dong Ting Lake.
11. On the expedition, whose job was it to turn up with a suitcase and try to remember what happened long enough to write it down?
(a) Mark Carwardine.
(b) Chris Muir.
(c) Douglas Adams.
(d) Gaynor Shutte.
12. According to Adams in the first sentence of chapter Blind Panic, ________ are the things you don't know you're making.
13. Adams and Carwardine entered the Friendship Store in the chapter Blind Panic to purchase what item?
14. Which environment alone contains half the world's species of animals and plants, according to Carwardine?
(c) Rain Forests.
15. What was the name of the non-round island near Mauritius Island in the Indian Ocean?
(a) Victoria Island.
(b) Baffin Island.
(c) Round Island.
(d) Kodiak Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the sugar estate's elderly gatekeeper and eccentric Mauritian who would not let anybody through his gate without a permit?
2. ________ are the white trails along cliffs where a bird has been sitting, according to chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
3. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
4. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for the six remaining books?
5. What was the point of view of the book, Last Chance to See?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)