|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the strange person asking in return for all of their books?
(a) 1 sack of diamonds.
(b) 7 sacks of diamonds.
(c) 3 sacks of gold.
(d) 1 sack of gold.
2. On the expedition, whose job was it to turn up with a suitcase and try to remember what happened long enough to write it down?
(a) Chris Muir.
(b) Douglas Adams.
(c) Gaynor Shutte.
(d) Mark Carwardine.
3. Adams and Carwardine also received a letter from Kes Hillman-Smith in Zaire, saying that ________ baby Northern White rhinos had been born in Garamba since they left, bringing the total population up to ________.
(a) 4 / 8.
(b) 8 / 20.
(c) 3 / 25.
(d) 10 / 11.
4. ________ are the white trails along cliffs where a bird has been sitting, according to chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
5. A unique feature revealed by Adams about the baiji is that it is half ________.
6. According to Adams in the first sentence of chapter Blind Panic, ________ are the things you don't know you're making.
7. Adams informs the reader that ________, from the point of view of the ecology of the Mauritius, is a major problem.
8. On Little Barrier Island, several of the males there had been booming for the first time, including a nine-year-old called ________, according to Mark's Epilogue.
9. All of the following people are mentioned in the book Last Chance to See, except for who?
(a) Alain le Garsmeur.
10. Adams explains that in the thirties, the Peace Hotel was known as the ________.
11. Mark's Epilogue explains that for millions of years, on average, ________ species became extinct every century.
12. When Adams wrote Last Chance to See, there were ________ human beings on earth.
(a) 10 million.
(b) 1 million.
(c) 5 billion.
(d) 2 trillion.
13. Don Merton phoned Carwardine to tell him that a newly made kakapo nest had been found on ________.
(c) Little Barrier Island.
(d) Stewart Island.
14. Carl Jones expresses that he hates ________ in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
(c) Media people.
15. In what year was the baiji dolphin first discovered, according to Adams in chapter Blind Panic?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for the six remaining books?
2. Mark Carwardine says that Mauritius was originally colonized by the _______.
3. In the chapter Blind Panic, Adams and Carwardine made a diversion to see an ________ farm, from which they got chased by police on the grounds that they didn't have appropriate permits.
4. Who has long been discredited as a bourgeois capitalist running-dog lackey, according to the chapter Blind Panic?
5. What is the name of the arrogant Frenchman in chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, who Adams, Carwardine and Richard detest instantly?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)