|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In November ________, Carl found a parakeet nest with three eggs inside.
2. How much was the strange person asking in return for all of their books?
(a) 7 sacks of diamonds.
(b) 1 sack of diamonds.
(c) 3 sacks of gold.
(d) 1 sack of gold.
3. What was the name of the sugar estate's elderly gatekeeper and eccentric Mauritian who would not let anybody through his gate without a permit?
4. Adams explains that when you spend time on islands with naturalists, you will tend to hear two words frequently. To what two words does Adams refer?
(a) Threatened and endangered.
(b) Poachers and hunters.
(c) Tame and wild.
(d) Endemic and exotic.
5. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
6. What was the strange person carrying with them in the beginning of the story the Sibylline books?
(a) 5 green apples.
(b) 22 Bibles.
(c) 3 bags of gold.
(d) 12 large books.
7. What story once bothered Douglas Adams when he was young according to the chapter Sifting Through the Embers?
(a) To Build a Fire.
(b) The Sibylline books.
(c) A Jury of Her Peers.
(d) The Gift of the Magi.
8. What is the name of the arrogant Frenchman in chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, who Adams, Carwardine and Richard detest instantly?
9. In what genre is Last Chance to see classified?
(a) Science non-fiction.
(b) Historical fiction.
(c) Science fiction.
10. Adams states that there are only ________ bottle palm trees on Round Island.
11. Who has long been discredited as a bourgeois capitalist running-dog lackey, according to the chapter Blind Panic?
(b) Leonardo da Vinci.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Sir Isaac Newton.
12. What term used in Rare, or Medium Rare describes when a bird hatches from its egg and falls in love with the first thing that feeds it?
13. The trips found in Last Chance to See were recorded for ________.
(a) Discovery Channel.
(b) BBC radio.
(c) Animal Planet.
14. Carl Jones expresses that he hates ________ in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
(b) Media people.
15. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. A unique feature revealed by Adams about the baiji is that it is half ________.
2. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a single book at the end of Sifting Through the Embers?
3. Who was the narrator in Last Chance to See?
4. After being rejected by the towns people, the old beggar woman burned ________ books.
5. All of the following people are mentioned in the book Last Chance to See, except for who?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)