|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following people are mentioned in the book Last Chance to See, except for who?
(c) Alain le Garsmeur.
2. What was the strange person carrying with them in the beginning of the story the Sibylline books?
(a) 22 Bibles.
(b) 12 large books.
(c) 5 green apples.
(d) 3 bags of gold.
3. Adams and Carwardine also received a letter from Kes Hillman-Smith in Zaire, saying that ________ baby Northern White rhinos had been born in Garamba since they left, bringing the total population up to ________.
(a) 8 / 20.
(b) 4 / 8.
(c) 3 / 25.
(d) 10 / 11.
4. After being rejected by the townsmen for the second time, the old beggar woman burned how many more books?
5. ________ are the white trails along cliffs where a bird has been sitting, according to chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
6. Adams and Carwardine entered the Tiananmen Square on ________.
(a) October 1988.
(b) July 1990.
(c) August 1972.
(d) January 1982.
7. Adams explains that in the thirties, the Peace Hotel was known as the ________.
8. Mark Carwardine explains that the ________, which was once the most common bird that ever lived on earth was hunted to extinction in little more than fifty years.
(a) Flying Squirrels.
(b) Chinese Water Dragons.
(c) Passenger pigeon.
(d) African Clawed Frogs.
9. According to Carwardine, the population of the Wild Pink pigeons on Mauritius had ________.
(a) Stayed the same.
(b) Dropped to fewer than 10.
(c) Hit zero.
(d) Increased to over 50.
10. Mark Carwardine explains that ring-tailed lemurs have scent glands in their ________.
11. What was the name of the spectacular remnant of the days when Shanghai was one of the most glamorous and cosmopolitan ports in the world?
(a) The Hampton Hotel.
(b) The Peace Hotel.
(c) The Hilton Hotel.
(d) The Four Seasons Hotel.
12. Adams states that there are only ________ bottle palm trees on Round Island.
13. Mark explains that, "There are so many threatened animals around the world that, at the rate of ________ every ________ weeks, it would have taken Douglas and me more than three hundred years to search for them all."
(a) 90 / 8.
(b) 1 / 3.
(c) 2 / 10.
(d) 3 / 3.
14. According to Richard in Rare, or Medium Rare, there are no interesting birds on Reunion because ________.
(a) They are all extinct.
(b) Reunion is uninhabitable.
(c) The French shot them all.
(d) There are no trees there.
15. ________ is when a bird shakes its wings and body and is a sign that the bird feels ________.
(a) Simpering / lonely.
(b) Rousing / relaxed.
(c) Yoddeling / scared.
(d) Warbling / sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for the six remaining books?
2. The story in the chapter Sifting Through the Embers details a summer, when the people of the city were busy thriving and prospering, a strange ________ arrived at the gates.
3. Adams reveals that both Richard and Carl's first obsession was for ________.
4. On the expedition, whose job was it to turn up with a suitcase and try to remember what happened long enough to write it down?
5. According to Mark Carwardine, a staggering ________ have been found and identified so far.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)