|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chapter Blind Panic explains that the baiji dolphin was first discovered in ________.
(a) Baiyangdian Lake.
(b) Xingkai Lake.
(c) Dong Ting Lake.
(d) Lugu Lake.
2. The population of Chatham Island robins was down to one pregnant female, but the dedication of ________ and his team saved the species from extinction according to Mark's Epilogue.
(a) Andy Roberts.
(b) Bill Black.
(c) Richard Lewis.
(d) Don Merton.
3. When asked in chapter Blind Panic "are you feeling nervous about something," Adams replies, "________."
4. Adams and Carwardine went to Rodrigues Island to look for what animal?
(a) Fruit bats.
(b) Three-toed sloth.
(c) Elegant frog.
(d) Spider monkey.
5. According to a letter Carwardine received, at 08.45 hours on ________, one of the dog handlers, Alan Munn, and his English Setter, 'Ari' located a new female kakapo near Lees Knob.
(a) August 25, 1989.
(b) November 9, 1998.
(c) September 4, 1999.
(d) July 24, 1977.
6. Who wrote Douglas and Mark a letter soon after they returned to England about the kakapo's slow road to recovery?
(a) Andy Roberts.
(b) Carl Jones.
(c) Professor Zhou.
(d) Richard Lewis.
7. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a single book at the end of Sifting Through the Embers?
(a) 10 sacks of diamonds.
(b) 20 sacks of diamonds.
(c) 6 sacks of gold.
(d) 16 sacks of gold.
8. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
9. In what genre is Last Chance to see classified?
(a) Science non-fiction.
(c) Science fiction.
(d) Historical fiction.
10. A unique feature revealed by Adams about the baiji is that it is half ________.
11. Mark's Epilogue explains that for millions of years, on average, ________ species became extinct every century.
12. All of the following animals are mentioned in the book, Last Chance to See, except for which of the following?
(b) Komodo dragon.
13. Adams and Carwardine entered the Tiananmen Square on ________.
(a) October 1988.
(b) August 1972.
(c) July 1990.
(d) January 1982.
14. The Chapter Rare, or Medium Rare states that in the Indian Ocean on an island called Mauritius there was a very rare bird, perhaps the rarest of all ________, called the Mauritius Kestrel.
15. According to Adams in the first sentence of chapter Blind Panic, ________ are the things you don't know you're making.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mark Carwardine, a staggering ________ have been found and identified so far.
2. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for the six remaining books?
3. What was the name of the man who gets passengers in his Land Rover to answer questions by watching them rather than the dangerous road until they respond?
4. What was the name of the sugar estate's elderly gatekeeper and eccentric Mauritian who would not let anybody through his gate without a permit?
5. What was the name of the nearly extinct animal living in the Yangtze River that Adams and Carwardine searching for in Blind Panic?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)