|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the narrator in Last Chance to See?
(a) Mark Carwardine.
(b) Douglas Adams.
(c) Chris Muir.
(d) Alain le Garsmeur.
2. When did Chairman Mao proclaim the founding of the People's Republic of China?
(a) June 18, 1812.
(b) July 21, 1823.
(c) October 1, 1949.
(d) January 3, 1933.
3. According to Carwardine, there are only ______ elephants left in Africa due to poachers.
4. Adams informs the reader that ________, from the point of view of the ecology of the Mauritius, is a major problem.
5. What was the name of the sugar estate's elderly gatekeeper and eccentric Mauritian who would not let anybody through his gate without a permit?
6. All of the following people are mentioned in the book Last Chance to See, except for who?
(b) Alain le Garsmeur.
7. The Chapter Rare, or Medium Rare states that in the Indian Ocean on an island called Mauritius there was a very rare bird, perhaps the rarest of all ________, called the Mauritius Kestrel.
8. Mark's Epilogue explains that for millions of years, on average, ________ species became extinct every century.
9. After being rejected by the towns people, the old beggar woman burned ________ books.
10. Adams explains that all the history of China is symbolically focused at the ________.
(a) Summer Palace.
(b) Reed Flute Cave.
(c) Tiananmen Square.
(d) Great Wall.
11. What was Richard Lewis' profession?
12. A unique feature revealed by Adams about the baiji is that it is half ________.
13. Mark explains that, "There are so many threatened animals around the world that, at the rate of ________ every ________ weeks, it would have taken Douglas and me more than three hundred years to search for them all."
(a) 1 / 3.
(b) 2 / 10.
(c) 90 / 8.
(d) 3 / 3.
14. ________ is when a bird shakes its wings and body and is a sign that the bird feels ________.
(a) Simpering / lonely.
(b) Warbling / sad.
(c) Yoddeling / scared.
(d) Rousing / relaxed.
15. In November ________, Carl found a parakeet nest with three eggs inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the brilliant, but mad Welshman in his late 30s, who loves birds to the point of obsession?
2. Mark Carwardine explains that ring-tailed lemurs have scent glands in their ________.
3. What was the name of the non-round island near Mauritius Island in the Indian Ocean?
4. Professor Zhou said that ________ in the Yangtze was a major problem for the baiji dolphins, and severely interfered with their echolocation.
5. Adams and Carwardine entered the Friendship Store in the chapter Blind Panic to purchase what item?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)