|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following animals are mentioned in the book, Last Chance to See, except for which of the following?
(b) Komodo dragon.
2. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
3. What was the name of the non-round island near Mauritius Island in the Indian Ocean?
(a) Baffin Island.
(b) Round Island.
(c) Victoria Island.
(d) Kodiak Island.
4. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
5. Don Merton phoned Carwardine to tell him that a newly made kakapo nest had been found on ________.
(b) Little Barrier Island.
(c) Stewart Island.
6. What was Last Chance to See about?
(a) Endangered species.
(b) Extinct species.
(c) Poisonous species.
(d) Newly discovered species.
7. What was the name of the spectacular remnant of the days when Shanghai was one of the most glamorous and cosmopolitan ports in the world?
(a) The Peace Hotel.
(b) The Hampton Hotel.
(c) The Four Seasons Hotel.
(d) The Hilton Hotel.
8. According to Richard Lewis, how many echo parakeets are there in the wild?
9. ________ is when a bird shakes its wings and body and is a sign that the bird feels ________.
(a) Warbling / sad.
(b) Rousing / relaxed.
(c) Yoddeling / scared.
(d) Simpering / lonely.
10. Adams informs the reader that ________, from the point of view of the ecology of the Mauritius, is a major problem.
11. According to Carwardine, the population of the Wild Pink pigeons on Mauritius had ________.
(a) Increased to over 50.
(b) Stayed the same.
(c) Dropped to fewer than 10.
(d) Hit zero.
12. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a quarter of her books?
(a) 4 sacks of gold.
(b) 9 sacks of diamonds.
(c) 3 sacks of diamonds.
(d) 4 sacks of diamonds.
13. ________ are the white trails along cliffs where a bird has been sitting, according to chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
14. What was the name of the Mauritius kestrel who was in love with Carl Jones?
15. In November ________, Carl found a parakeet nest with three eggs inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Douglas Adams explains that in the middle of one of the biggest, longest, noisiest, dirtiest thoroughfares in the world lives the reincarnation of a ________.
2. Who has long been discredited as a bourgeois capitalist running-dog lackey, according to the chapter Blind Panic?
3. In what year was the baiji dolphin first discovered, according to Adams in chapter Blind Panic?
4. Mark's Epilogue explains that for millions of years, on average, ________ species became extinct every century.
5. What was the strange person carrying with them in the beginning of the story the Sibylline books?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)