|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark Carwardine says that Mauritius was originally colonized by the _______.
2. What was the name of the brilliant, but mad Welshman in his late 30s, who loves birds to the point of obsession?
(a) Bill Black.
(b) Peter Guzzardi.
(c) Carl Jones.
(d) Richard Lewis.
3. What does Adams claim to be the most famous of all the animals on Mauritius?
(a) Gentle dove.
(d) Bush baby.
4. What is the name of a plant or animal that is native to an island or region and is found nowhere else at all?
(a) Exotic species.
(b) Endemic species.
(c) Endangered species.
(d) Threatened species.
5. Adams and Carwardine entered the Friendship Store in the chapter Blind Panic to purchase what item?
6. A unique feature revealed by Adams about the baiji is that it is half ________.
7. Mark Carwardine explains that ring-tailed lemurs have scent glands in their ________.
8. Which environment alone contains half the world's species of animals and plants, according to Carwardine?
(c) Rain Forests.
9. ________ are the white trails along cliffs where a bird has been sitting, according to chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
10. What was Last Chance to See about?
(a) Newly discovered species.
(b) Endangered species.
(c) Poisonous species.
(d) Extinct species.
11. The chapter Blind Panic explains that the baiji dolphin was first discovered in ________.
(a) Xingkai Lake.
(b) Baiyangdian Lake.
(c) Lugu Lake.
(d) Dong Ting Lake.
12. Why did Adams and Carwardine need to buy a condom in chapter Blind Panic?
(a) To go over the microphone to record dolphins.
(b) To have a souvenir.
(c) To use as protection.
(d) To protect their food against bugs.
13. What is the name of the arrogant Frenchman in chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, who Adams, Carwardine and Richard detest instantly?
14. Douglas Adams explains in the chapter Blind Panic that foreigners are not allowed to ________ in China.
15. After being rejected by the towns people, the old beggar woman burned ________ books.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Carwardine, there are only ______ elephants left in Africa due to poachers.
2. The trips found in Last Chance to See were recorded for ________.
3. What story once bothered Douglas Adams when he was young according to the chapter Sifting Through the Embers?
4. Adams explains that when you spend time on islands with naturalists, you will tend to hear two words frequently. To what two words does Adams refer?
5. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)