|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adams and Carwardine also received a letter from Kes Hillman-Smith in Zaire, saying that ________ baby Northern White rhinos had been born in Garamba since they left, bringing the total population up to ________.
(a) 4 / 8.
(b) 3 / 25.
(c) 10 / 11.
(d) 8 / 20.
2. What story once bothered Douglas Adams when he was young according to the chapter Sifting Through the Embers?
(a) A Jury of Her Peers.
(b) The Gift of the Magi.
(c) To Build a Fire.
(d) The Sibylline books.
3. Adams states in chapter Blind Panic that everyone in China rides ________.
(a) Sports cars.
4. What was Last Chance to See about?
(a) Endangered species.
(b) Newly discovered species.
(c) Poisonous species.
(d) Extinct species.
5. When did Chairman Mao proclaim the founding of the People's Republic of China?
(a) June 18, 1812.
(b) January 3, 1933.
(c) July 21, 1823.
(d) October 1, 1949.
6. ________ is when a bird shakes its wings and body and is a sign that the bird feels ________.
(a) Rousing / relaxed.
(b) Yoddeling / scared.
(c) Simpering / lonely.
(d) Warbling / sad.
7. Who wrote Douglas and Mark a letter soon after they returned to England about the kakapo's slow road to recovery?
(a) Richard Lewis.
(b) Professor Zhou.
(c) Carl Jones.
(d) Andy Roberts.
8. What was the name of the Mauritius kestrel who was in love with Carl Jones?
9. In the chapter Blind Panic, Adams and Carwardine made a diversion to see an ________ farm, from which they got chased by police on the grounds that they didn't have appropriate permits.
10. According to Carwardine, the population of the Wild Pink pigeons on Mauritius had ________.
(a) Dropped to fewer than 10.
(b) Stayed the same.
(c) Increased to over 50.
(d) Hit zero.
11. When asked in chapter Blind Panic "are you feeling nervous about something," Adams replies, "________."
12. Adams states that there are only ________ bottle palm trees on Round Island.
13. What was a mining product used in producing t toothpaste, iron and steel casting, and also as an additive for pig food?
14. Mark explains that, "There are so many threatened animals around the world that, at the rate of ________ every ________ weeks, it would have taken Douglas and me more than three hundred years to search for them all."
(a) 3 / 3.
(b) 2 / 10.
(c) 90 / 8.
(d) 1 / 3.
15. According to Richard in Rare, or Medium Rare, there are no interesting birds on Reunion because ________.
(a) Reunion is uninhabitable.
(b) The French shot them all.
(c) There are no trees there.
(d) They are all extinct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the baiji dolphin first discovered, according to Adams in chapter Blind Panic?
2. The chapter Blind Panic explains that the baiji dolphin was first discovered in ________.
3. Douglas Adams explains in the chapter Blind Panic that foreigners are not allowed to ________ in China.
4. The trips found in Last Chance to See were recorded for ________.
5. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for the six remaining books?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)