|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the premier expert on the endangered baiji described as a polite, kindly man about 60 years old, working at Nanjing University?
(a) Professor Zhou.
(b) Jurgen Langer.
(c) Ros Aveling.
(d) Dr. Hillman-Smith.
2. In what genre is Last Chance to see classified?
(a) Science non-fiction.
(b) Science fiction.
(c) Historical fiction.
3. The chapter Blind Panic explains that the baiji dolphin was first discovered in ________.
(a) Dong Ting Lake.
(b) Lugu Lake.
(c) Xingkai Lake.
(d) Baiyangdian Lake.
4. Douglas Adams explains in the chapter Blind Panic that foreigners are not allowed to ________ in China.
5. Adams and Carwardine went to Rodrigues Island to look for what animal?
(a) Elegant frog.
(b) Spider monkey.
(c) Three-toed sloth.
(d) Fruit bats.
6. Adams explains that all the history of China is symbolically focused at the ________.
(a) Tiananmen Square.
(b) Reed Flute Cave.
(c) Summer Palace.
(d) Great Wall.
7. The story in the chapter Sifting Through the Embers details a summer, when the people of the city were busy thriving and prospering, a strange ________ arrived at the gates.
(a) Toothless man.
(b) Old beggar woman.
(c) Hairless child.
(d) Dirty witch.
8. Adams and Carwardine entered the Friendship Store in the chapter Blind Panic to purchase what item?
9. Douglas Adams explains that in the middle of one of the biggest, longest, noisiest, dirtiest thoroughfares in the world lives the reincarnation of a ________.
(a) Bronze monkey.
(b) Golden calf.
(c) Golden Minx.
(d) Drowned princess.
10. According to Mark Carwardine, a staggering ________ have been found and identified so far.
(a) 9.5 million.
(c) 1 billion.
(d) 1.4 million.
11. According to Carwardine, there are only ______ elephants left in Africa due to poachers.
12. What was the point of view of the book, Last Chance to See?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person narrative.
(c) Third person.
(d) Alternating point of view.
13. What does Adams claim to be the most famous of all the animals on Mauritius?
(c) Bush baby.
(d) Gentle dove.
14. What was the name of the Mauritius kestrel who was in love with Carl Jones?
15. What was the name of the non-round island near Mauritius Island in the Indian Ocean?
(a) Round Island.
(b) Kodiak Island.
(c) Baffin Island.
(d) Victoria Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Professor Zhou said that ________ in the Yangtze was a major problem for the baiji dolphins, and severely interfered with their echolocation.
2. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a quarter of her books?
3. Why did Adams and Carwardine need to buy a condom in chapter Blind Panic?
4. What was Richard Lewis' profession?
5. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)