|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the man who gets passengers in his Land Rover to answer questions by watching them rather than the dangerous road until they respond?
(a) John Clements.
(b) Roberto Lira.
(c) Richard Lewis.
(d) Jurgen Langer.
2. Adams explains that all the history of China is symbolically focused at the ________.
(a) Tiananmen Square.
(b) Summer Palace.
(c) Great Wall.
(d) Reed Flute Cave.
3. Why did Adams and Carwardine need to buy a condom in chapter Blind Panic?
(a) To have a souvenir.
(b) To use as protection.
(c) To protect their food against bugs.
(d) To go over the microphone to record dolphins.
4. What was the strange person carrying with them in the beginning of the story the Sibylline books?
(a) 3 bags of gold.
(b) 12 large books.
(c) 5 green apples.
(d) 22 Bibles.
5. What does Adams claim to be the most famous of all the animals on Mauritius?
(b) Bush baby.
(c) Gentle dove.
6. Mark Carwardine says that Mauritius was originally colonized by the _______.
7. Adams explains that in the thirties, the Peace Hotel was known as the ________.
8. ________ is when a bird shakes its wings and body and is a sign that the bird feels ________.
(a) Warbling / sad.
(b) Rousing / relaxed.
(c) Yoddeling / scared.
(d) Simpering / lonely.
9. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
10. Mark Carwardine explains that the ________, which was once the most common bird that ever lived on earth was hunted to extinction in little more than fifty years.
(a) Passenger pigeon.
(b) Chinese Water Dragons.
(c) Flying Squirrels.
(d) African Clawed Frogs.
11. The story in the chapter Sifting Through the Embers details a summer, when the people of the city were busy thriving and prospering, a strange ________ arrived at the gates.
(a) Toothless man.
(b) Hairless child.
(c) Dirty witch.
(d) Old beggar woman.
12. What term used in Rare, or Medium Rare describes when a bird hatches from its egg and falls in love with the first thing that feeds it?
13. What was the point of view of the book, Last Chance to See?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person narrative.
(c) Alternating point of view.
(d) Third person.
14. Adams reveals that both Richard and Carl's first obsession was for ________.
15. Adams states in chapter Blind Panic that everyone in China rides ________.
(c) Sports cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adams informs the reader that ________, from the point of view of the ecology of the Mauritius, is a major problem.
2. Adams and Carwardine entered the Tiananmen Square on ________.
3. On the expedition, whose job was it to turn up with a suitcase and try to remember what happened long enough to write it down?
4. Who has long been discredited as a bourgeois capitalist running-dog lackey, according to the chapter Blind Panic?
5. What story once bothered Douglas Adams when he was young according to the chapter Sifting Through the Embers?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)