|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the expedition, whose job was it to turn up with a suitcase and try to remember what happened long enough to write it down?
(a) Gaynor Shutte.
(b) Chris Muir.
(c) Mark Carwardine.
(d) Douglas Adams.
2. What term used in Rare, or Medium Rare describes when a bird hatches from its egg and falls in love with the first thing that feeds it?
3. Carl Jones expresses that he hates ________ in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
(c) Media people.
4. What was the name of the sugar estate's elderly gatekeeper and eccentric Mauritian who would not let anybody through his gate without a permit?
5. What term describes the process by which the bird cleans its beak of meat after eating, by rubbing it along a branch?
6. What animal does not breed well in captivity, according to Carwardine in Mark's Epilogue?
(a) Savannah Monitors.
(c) Three Toed Box turtles.
(d) Northern White rhino.
7. In November ________, Carl found a parakeet nest with three eggs inside.
8. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a quarter of her books?
(a) 4 sacks of diamonds.
(b) 9 sacks of diamonds.
(c) 3 sacks of diamonds.
(d) 4 sacks of gold.
9. All of the following people are mentioned in the book Last Chance to See, except for who?
(c) Alain le Garsmeur.
10. What was the name of the man who gets passengers in his Land Rover to answer questions by watching them rather than the dangerous road until they respond?
(a) Richard Lewis.
(b) Jurgen Langer.
(c) John Clements.
(d) Roberto Lira.
11. According to Richard Lewis, how many echo parakeets are there in the wild?
12. What was the strange person carrying with them in the beginning of the story the Sibylline books?
(a) 22 Bibles.
(b) 12 large books.
(c) 3 bags of gold.
(d) 5 green apples.
13. What was the name of the Mauritius kestrel who was in love with Carl Jones?
14. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
15. Adams and Carwardine also received a letter from Kes Hillman-Smith in Zaire, saying that ________ baby Northern White rhinos had been born in Garamba since they left, bringing the total population up to ________.
(a) 4 / 8.
(b) 10 / 11.
(c) 8 / 20.
(d) 3 / 25.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adams states in chapter Blind Panic that everyone in China rides ________.
2. Adams discovers that condoms are referred to as a ________ in China.
3. Who wrote Douglas and Mark a letter soon after they returned to England about the kakapo's slow road to recovery?
4. Mark Carwardine explains that ring-tailed lemurs have scent glands in their ________.
5. After being rejected by the townsmen for the second time, the old beggar woman burned how many more books?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)