|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following animals are mentioned in the book, Last Chance to See, except for which of the following?
(d) Komodo dragon.
2. When did Chairman Mao proclaim the founding of the People's Republic of China?
(a) July 21, 1823.
(b) June 18, 1812.
(c) October 1, 1949.
(d) January 3, 1933.
3. Adams states that there are only ________ bottle palm trees on Round Island.
4. In November ________, Carl found a parakeet nest with three eggs inside.
5. In what year was the baiji dolphin first discovered, according to Adams in chapter Blind Panic?
6. The population of Chatham Island robins was down to one pregnant female, but the dedication of ________ and his team saved the species from extinction according to Mark's Epilogue.
(a) Andy Roberts.
(b) Don Merton.
(c) Bill Black.
(d) Richard Lewis.
7. A unique feature revealed by Adams about the baiji is that it is half ________.
8. When Adams wrote Last Chance to See, there were ________ human beings on earth.
(a) 1 million.
(b) 10 million.
(c) 2 trillion.
(d) 5 billion.
9. According to Carwardine, there are only ______ elephants left in Africa due to poachers.
10. What was the name of the brilliant, but mad Welshman in his late 30s, who loves birds to the point of obsession?
(a) Carl Jones.
(b) Peter Guzzardi.
(c) Richard Lewis.
(d) Bill Black.
11. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a single book at the end of Sifting Through the Embers?
(a) 16 sacks of gold.
(b) 20 sacks of diamonds.
(c) 6 sacks of gold.
(d) 10 sacks of diamonds.
12. The story in the chapter Sifting Through the Embers details a summer, when the people of the city were busy thriving and prospering, a strange ________ arrived at the gates.
(a) Hairless child.
(b) Toothless man.
(c) Old beggar woman.
(d) Dirty witch.
13. The chapter Blind Panic explains that the baiji dolphin was first discovered in ________.
(a) Lugu Lake.
(b) Dong Ting Lake.
(c) Xingkai Lake.
(d) Baiyangdian Lake.
14. What animal does not breed well in captivity, according to Carwardine in Mark's Epilogue?
(a) Savannah Monitors.
(c) Northern White rhino.
(d) Three Toed Box turtles.
15. According to Richard in Rare, or Medium Rare, there are no interesting birds on Reunion because ________.
(a) They are all extinct.
(b) Reunion is uninhabitable.
(c) There are no trees there.
(d) The French shot them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of a plant or animal that is native to an island or region and is found nowhere else at all?
2. Carl Jones expresses that he hates ________ in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
3. What does Adams claim to be the most famous of all the animals on Mauritius?
4. Mark Carwardine says that Mauritius was originally colonized by the _______.
5. What was the name of the man who gets passengers in his Land Rover to answer questions by watching them rather than the dangerous road until they respond?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)