|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adams and Carwardine also received a letter from Kes Hillman-Smith in Zaire, saying that ________ baby Northern White rhinos had been born in Garamba since they left, bringing the total population up to ________.
(a) 10 / 11.
(b) 4 / 8.
(c) 3 / 25.
(d) 8 / 20.
2. The trips found in Last Chance to See were recorded for ________.
(b) Animal Planet.
(c) Discovery Channel.
(d) BBC radio.
3. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a single book at the end of Sifting Through the Embers?
(a) 10 sacks of diamonds.
(b) 6 sacks of gold.
(c) 20 sacks of diamonds.
(d) 16 sacks of gold.
4. What was Last Chance to See about?
(a) Endangered species.
(b) Extinct species.
(c) Newly discovered species.
(d) Poisonous species.
5. The Chapter Rare, or Medium Rare states that in the Indian Ocean on an island called Mauritius there was a very rare bird, perhaps the rarest of all ________, called the Mauritius Kestrel.
6. Douglas Adams explains in the chapter Blind Panic that foreigners are not allowed to ________ in China.
7. ________ are the white trails along cliffs where a bird has been sitting, according to chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
8. What was the name of the brilliant, but mad Welshman in his late 30s, who loves birds to the point of obsession?
(a) Richard Lewis.
(b) Bill Black.
(c) Peter Guzzardi.
(d) Carl Jones.
9. In November ________, Carl found a parakeet nest with three eggs inside.
10. Adams and Carwardine entered the Tiananmen Square on ________.
(a) January 1982.
(b) October 1988.
(c) July 1990.
(d) August 1972.
11. According to a disturbing letter received by Douglas and Mark from a couple who had been working in China, the couple says that they ate ________.
(a) One Northern White Rhino.
(b) Two Baiji Dolphins.
(c) Three Kakapos.
(d) Two Aye-aye lemurs.
12. Adams and Carwardine entered the Friendship Store in the chapter Blind Panic to purchase what item?
13. What story once bothered Douglas Adams when he was young according to the chapter Sifting Through the Embers?
(a) The Gift of the Magi.
(b) To Build a Fire.
(c) A Jury of Her Peers.
(d) The Sibylline books.
14. According to Richard in Rare, or Medium Rare, there are no interesting birds on Reunion because ________.
(a) They are all extinct.
(b) The French shot them all.
(c) Reunion is uninhabitable.
(d) There are no trees there.
15. What is the name of the arrogant Frenchman in chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, who Adams, Carwardine and Richard detest instantly?
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following are locations visited by Adams and Carwardine, except for which of the following?
2. What is the name of a plant or animal that is native to an island or region and is found nowhere else at all?
3. Carl Jones expresses that he hates ________ in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
4. In what genre is Last Chance to see classified?
5. On Little Barrier Island, several of the males there had been booming for the first time, including a nine-year-old called ________, according to Mark's Epilogue.
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)