|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a letter Carwardine received, at 08.45 hours on ________, one of the dog handlers, Alan Munn, and his English Setter, 'Ari' located a new female kakapo near Lees Knob.
(a) July 24, 1977.
(b) November 9, 1998.
(c) August 25, 1989.
(d) September 4, 1999.
2. Adams explains that in the thirties, the Peace Hotel was known as the ________.
3. Mark explains that, "There are so many threatened animals around the world that, at the rate of ________ every ________ weeks, it would have taken Douglas and me more than three hundred years to search for them all."
(a) 1 / 3.
(b) 2 / 10.
(c) 90 / 8.
(d) 3 / 3.
4. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for the six remaining books?
(a) 1 sack of gold.
(b) 2 sacks of diamonds.
(c) 2 sacks of gold.
(d) 6 sacks of diamonds.
5. After being rejected by the towns people, the old beggar woman burned ________ books.
6. What animal does not breed well in captivity, according to Carwardine in Mark's Epilogue?
(a) Northern White rhino.
(c) Savannah Monitors.
(d) Three Toed Box turtles.
7. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
8. What was the name of the non-round island near Mauritius Island in the Indian Ocean?
(a) Kodiak Island.
(b) Round Island.
(c) Baffin Island.
(d) Victoria Island.
9. What story once bothered Douglas Adams when he was young according to the chapter Sifting Through the Embers?
(a) The Sibylline books.
(b) To Build a Fire.
(c) The Gift of the Magi.
(d) A Jury of Her Peers.
10. Mark Carwardine says that Mauritius was originally colonized by the _______.
11. Adams and Carwardine entered the Tiananmen Square on ________.
(a) July 1990.
(b) January 1982.
(c) October 1988.
(d) August 1972.
12. In what year was the baiji dolphin first discovered, according to Adams in chapter Blind Panic?
13. Who wrote Douglas and Mark a letter soon after they returned to England about the kakapo's slow road to recovery?
(a) Professor Zhou.
(b) Carl Jones.
(c) Richard Lewis.
(d) Andy Roberts.
14. Adams details that the gateway to the Forbidden City, the ________ Gate, is where the great iconic portrait of Chairman Mao gazed out across the vastness of the Tiananmen Square.
15. What was the name of the nearly extinct animal living in the Yangtze River that Adams and Carwardine searching for in Blind Panic?
(a) The Baiji.
(b) The Northern Rightwhale Dolphin.
(c) The Irrawaddy Dolphin.
(d) The Tucuxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adams informs the reader that ________, from the point of view of the ecology of the Mauritius, is a major problem.
2. Adams states that there are only ________ bottle palm trees on Round Island.
3. Professor Zhou said that ________ in the Yangtze was a major problem for the baiji dolphins, and severely interfered with their echolocation.
4. According to Richard in Rare, or Medium Rare, there are no interesting birds on Reunion because ________.
5. What was the name of the sugar estate's elderly gatekeeper and eccentric Mauritian who would not let anybody through his gate without a permit?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)