|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the sugar estate's elderly gatekeeper and eccentric Mauritian who would not let anybody through his gate without a permit?
2. All of the following people are mentioned in the book Last Chance to See, except for who?
(b) Alain le Garsmeur.
3. In the chapter Blind Panic, Adams and Carwardine made a diversion to see an ________ farm, from which they got chased by police on the grounds that they didn't have appropriate permits.
4. How much was the strange person asking in return for all of their books?
(a) 3 sacks of gold.
(b) 1 sack of diamonds.
(c) 1 sack of gold.
(d) 7 sacks of diamonds.
5. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
6. Douglas Adams explains that in the middle of one of the biggest, longest, noisiest, dirtiest thoroughfares in the world lives the reincarnation of a ________.
(a) Golden calf.
(b) Drowned princess.
(c) Bronze monkey.
(d) Golden Minx.
7. Adams reveals that both Richard and Carl's first obsession was for ________.
8. According to Carwardine, the population of the Wild Pink pigeons on Mauritius had ________.
(a) Hit zero.
(b) Stayed the same.
(c) Increased to over 50.
(d) Dropped to fewer than 10.
9. Mark explains that, "There are so many threatened animals around the world that, at the rate of ________ every ________ weeks, it would have taken Douglas and me more than three hundred years to search for them all."
(a) 1 / 3.
(b) 90 / 8.
(c) 2 / 10.
(d) 3 / 3.
10. In what genre is Last Chance to see classified?
(a) Historical fiction.
(b) Science non-fiction.
(c) Science fiction.
11. Who was the narrator in Last Chance to See?
(a) Chris Muir.
(b) Alain le Garsmeur.
(c) Mark Carwardine.
(d) Douglas Adams.
12. What was the name of the man who gets passengers in his Land Rover to answer questions by watching them rather than the dangerous road until they respond?
(a) Richard Lewis.
(b) John Clements.
(c) Jurgen Langer.
(d) Roberto Lira.
13. According to a letter Carwardine received, at 08.45 hours on ________, one of the dog handlers, Alan Munn, and his English Setter, 'Ari' located a new female kakapo near Lees Knob.
(a) November 9, 1998.
(b) September 4, 1999.
(c) July 24, 1977.
(d) August 25, 1989.
14. When Adams wrote Last Chance to See, there were ________ human beings on earth.
(a) 2 trillion.
(b) 10 million.
(c) 5 billion.
(d) 1 million.
15. All of the following animals are mentioned in the book, Last Chance to See, except for which of the following?
(c) Komodo dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following are locations visited by Adams and Carwardine, except for which of the following?
2. What story once bothered Douglas Adams when he was young according to the chapter Sifting Through the Embers?
3. ________ is when a bird shakes its wings and body and is a sign that the bird feels ________.
4. In November ________, Carl found a parakeet nest with three eggs inside.
5. What was the name of the brilliant, but mad Welshman in his late 30s, who loves birds to the point of obsession?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)