|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adams explains that in the thirties, the Peace Hotel was known as the ________.
2. What was the point of view of the book, Last Chance to See?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Alternating point of view.
(d) First person narrative.
3. What was the name of the spectacular remnant of the days when Shanghai was one of the most glamorous and cosmopolitan ports in the world?
(a) The Hilton Hotel.
(b) The Four Seasons Hotel.
(c) The Peace Hotel.
(d) The Hampton Hotel.
4. According to Adams in the first sentence of chapter Blind Panic, ________ are the things you don't know you're making.
5. Adams explains that when you spend time on islands with naturalists, you will tend to hear two words frequently. To what two words does Adams refer?
(a) Endemic and exotic.
(b) Tame and wild.
(c) Threatened and endangered.
(d) Poachers and hunters.
6. Adams explains that all the history of China is symbolically focused at the ________.
(a) Tiananmen Square.
(b) Summer Palace.
(c) Reed Flute Cave.
(d) Great Wall.
7. How much was the strange person asking in return for all of their books?
(a) 1 sack of diamonds.
(b) 3 sacks of gold.
(c) 7 sacks of diamonds.
(d) 1 sack of gold.
8. Mark explains that, "There are so many threatened animals around the world that, at the rate of ________ every ________ weeks, it would have taken Douglas and me more than three hundred years to search for them all."
(a) 90 / 8.
(b) 3 / 3.
(c) 1 / 3.
(d) 2 / 10.
9. Adams reveals that both Richard and Carl's first obsession was for ________.
10. On Little Barrier Island, several of the males there had been booming for the first time, including a nine-year-old called ________, according to Mark's Epilogue.
11. According to a disturbing letter received by Douglas and Mark from a couple who had been working in China, the couple says that they ate ________.
(a) Two Baiji Dolphins.
(b) Three Kakapos.
(c) One Northern White Rhino.
(d) Two Aye-aye lemurs.
12. After being rejected by the townsmen for the second time, the old beggar woman burned how many more books?
13. All of the following animals are mentioned in the book, Last Chance to See, except for which of the following?
(d) Komodo dragon.
14. What story once bothered Douglas Adams when he was young according to the chapter Sifting Through the Embers?
(a) A Jury of Her Peers.
(b) The Sibylline books.
(c) To Build a Fire.
(d) The Gift of the Magi.
15. All of the following are locations visited by Adams and Carwardine, except for which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a mining product used in producing t toothpaste, iron and steel casting, and also as an additive for pig food?
2. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
3. In what year was the baiji dolphin first discovered, according to Adams in chapter Blind Panic?
4. After being rejected by the towns people, the old beggar woman burned ________ books.
5. What animal does not breed well in captivity, according to Carwardine in Mark's Epilogue?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)