|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
2. Mark Carwardine explains that ring-tailed lemurs have scent glands in their ________.
3. What animal does not breed well in captivity, according to Carwardine in Mark's Epilogue?
(b) Three Toed Box turtles.
(c) Savannah Monitors.
(d) Northern White rhino.
4. The Chapter Rare, or Medium Rare states that in the Indian Ocean on an island called Mauritius there was a very rare bird, perhaps the rarest of all ________, called the Mauritius Kestrel.
5. According to Richard in Rare, or Medium Rare, there are no interesting birds on Reunion because ________.
(a) Reunion is uninhabitable.
(b) There are no trees there.
(c) The French shot them all.
(d) They are all extinct.
6. Adams states that there are only ________ bottle palm trees on Round Island.
7. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a single book at the end of Sifting Through the Embers?
(a) 10 sacks of diamonds.
(b) 16 sacks of gold.
(c) 6 sacks of gold.
(d) 20 sacks of diamonds.
8. According to Carwardine, the population of the Wild Pink pigeons on Mauritius had ________.
(a) Hit zero.
(b) Increased to over 50.
(c) Stayed the same.
(d) Dropped to fewer than 10.
9. After being rejected by the townsmen for the second time, the old beggar woman burned how many more books?
10. Mark Carwardine says that Mauritius was originally colonized by the _______.
11. What was the name of the non-round island near Mauritius Island in the Indian Ocean?
(a) Victoria Island.
(b) Baffin Island.
(c) Kodiak Island.
(d) Round Island.
12. Adams and Carwardine went to Rodrigues Island to look for what animal?
(a) Fruit bats.
(b) Elegant frog.
(c) Three-toed sloth.
(d) Spider monkey.
13. Adams discovers that condoms are referred to as a ________ in China.
(a) Safety glove.
(d) Love glove.
14. Mark explains that, "There are so many threatened animals around the world that, at the rate of ________ every ________ weeks, it would have taken Douglas and me more than three hundred years to search for them all."
(a) 2 / 10.
(b) 3 / 3.
(c) 1 / 3.
(d) 90 / 8.
15. All of the following are locations visited by Adams and Carwardine, except for which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Adams explains that all the history of China is symbolically focused at the ________.
2. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
3. Who has long been discredited as a bourgeois capitalist running-dog lackey, according to the chapter Blind Panic?
4. What was the name of the Mauritius kestrel who was in love with Carl Jones?
5. Adams explains that in the thirties, the Peace Hotel was known as the ________.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)