|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adams and Carwardine went to Rodrigues Island to look for what animal?
(a) Fruit bats.
(b) Spider monkey.
(c) Three-toed sloth.
(d) Elegant frog.
2. Who was the premier expert on the endangered baiji described as a polite, kindly man about 60 years old, working at Nanjing University?
(a) Ros Aveling.
(b) Jurgen Langer.
(c) Dr. Hillman-Smith.
(d) Professor Zhou.
3. All of the following are locations visited by Adams and Carwardine, except for which of the following?
4. Adams reveals that both Richard and Carl's first obsession was for ________.
5. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a single book at the end of Sifting Through the Embers?
(a) 16 sacks of gold.
(b) 20 sacks of diamonds.
(c) 10 sacks of diamonds.
(d) 6 sacks of gold.
6. In November ________, Carl found a parakeet nest with three eggs inside.
7. In what year was the baiji dolphin first discovered, according to Adams in chapter Blind Panic?
8. What does Adams claim to be the most famous of all the animals on Mauritius?
(b) Bush baby.
(c) Gentle dove.
9. Adams explains that all the history of China is symbolically focused at the ________.
(a) Reed Flute Cave.
(b) Summer Palace.
(c) Great Wall.
(d) Tiananmen Square.
10. Adams explains that in the thirties, the Peace Hotel was known as the ________.
11. Professor Zhou said that ________ in the Yangtze was a major problem for the baiji dolphins, and severely interfered with their echolocation.
12. Mark's Epilogue explains that for millions of years, on average, ________ species became extinct every century.
13. Mark explains that, "There are so many threatened animals around the world that, at the rate of ________ every ________ weeks, it would have taken Douglas and me more than three hundred years to search for them all."
(a) 2 / 10.
(b) 1 / 3.
(c) 3 / 3.
(d) 90 / 8.
14. The population of Chatham Island robins was down to one pregnant female, but the dedication of ________ and his team saved the species from extinction according to Mark's Epilogue.
(a) Bill Black.
(b) Don Merton.
(c) Andy Roberts.
(d) Richard Lewis.
15. Don Merton phoned Carwardine to tell him that a newly made kakapo nest had been found on ________.
(b) Stewart Island.
(d) Little Barrier Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the narrator in Last Chance to See?
2. Which environment alone contains half the world's species of animals and plants, according to Carwardine?
3. In what genre is Last Chance to see classified?
4. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
5. Mark Carwardine explains that the ________, which was once the most common bird that ever lived on earth was hunted to extinction in little more than fifty years.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)