|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adams states that there are only ________ bottle palm trees on Round Island.
2. What was Last Chance to See about?
(a) Newly discovered species.
(b) Poisonous species.
(c) Extinct species.
(d) Endangered species.
3. Adams informs the reader that ________, from the point of view of the ecology of the Mauritius, is a major problem.
4. When did Chairman Mao proclaim the founding of the People's Republic of China?
(a) July 21, 1823.
(b) January 3, 1933.
(c) October 1, 1949.
(d) June 18, 1812.
5. Adams and Carwardine also received a letter from Kes Hillman-Smith in Zaire, saying that ________ baby Northern White rhinos had been born in Garamba since they left, bringing the total population up to ________.
(a) 10 / 11.
(b) 4 / 8.
(c) 8 / 20.
(d) 3 / 25.
6. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
7. What was a mining product used in producing t toothpaste, iron and steel casting, and also as an additive for pig food?
8. What does Adams claim to be the most famous of all the animals on Mauritius?
(b) Bush baby.
(d) Gentle dove.
9. According to Mark Carwardine, a staggering ________ have been found and identified so far.
(a) 1.4 million.
(c) 1 billion.
(d) 9.5 million.
10. On Little Barrier Island, several of the males there had been booming for the first time, including a nine-year-old called ________, according to Mark's Epilogue.
11. What was the strange person carrying with them in the beginning of the story the Sibylline books?
(a) 22 Bibles.
(b) 12 large books.
(c) 3 bags of gold.
(d) 5 green apples.
12. What was the point of view of the book, Last Chance to See?
(a) First person narrative.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Alternating point of view.
13. The Chapter Rare, or Medium Rare states that in the Indian Ocean on an island called Mauritius there was a very rare bird, perhaps the rarest of all ________, called the Mauritius Kestrel.
14. All of the following animals are mentioned in the book, Last Chance to See, except for which of the following?
(c) Komodo dragon.
15. According to a letter Carwardine received, at 08.45 hours on ________, one of the dog handlers, Alan Munn, and his English Setter, 'Ari' located a new female kakapo near Lees Knob.
(a) July 24, 1977.
(b) September 4, 1999.
(c) August 25, 1989.
(d) November 9, 1998.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adams explains that all the history of China is symbolically focused at the ________.
2. A unique feature revealed by Adams about the baiji is that it is half ________.
3. Adams and Carwardine entered the Friendship Store in the chapter Blind Panic to purchase what item?
4. What was Richard Lewis' profession?
5. Adams states in chapter Blind Panic that everyone in China rides ________.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)