|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adams expresses that if you took the whole of ________, scrunched it up a bit, shook out all the moose and reindeer, hurled it ten thousand miles around the world, and filled it with birds, then you'd be wasting your time, because it looks as if someone has already done it.
2. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
3. Douglas Adams reveals that there is a good living to be made in Bali from pointing at ________.
4. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
5. In what town did Adams and Carwardine discover that even when making internal flights in Zaire, you still had to go through the full rigmarole of immigration and customs controls all over again?
6. Douglas Adams informs the reader that every other shop in Zaire is a ________.
(b) Grocery store.
(d) Gas station.
7. Adams informs the reader that a young female gorilla called ________, caught her hand in a wire antelope snare and eventually died of septicemia in August 1988.
8. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
9. Carwardine told Adams before going to bed in the chapter, Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, to turn his boots upside-down and shake them in the morning for what reason?
10. How many poachers does Murara claim to have shot dead?
11. According to the narrator in Twig Technology, in ________, by some sort of journalistic accident, the narrator went to look for an almost extinct animal.
12. Dr. Sutherland explains that the most poisonous spider is the ________, which bites about five hundred people a year.
(a) Black Widow.
(b) Brown Recluse.
(d) Sydney Funnel-web.
13. Mark Carwardine explains that there are more _________ per square meter of ground on Komodo than in any equivalent area on earth.
(a) Poisonous frogs.
(b) Poisonous snakes.
(c) Poisonous wasps.
(d) Poisonous plants.
14. Mark Carwardine said in Twig Technology that the Ambassador in ________ promised that the Ministry of Agriculture would be able to give them two Land Rovers and a helicopter.
15. Douglas Adams explains that "one of the characteristics that laymen find most odd about zoologists is their insatiable enthusiasm for ________."
(a) Animal droppings.
(b) Animal breeding.
(c) Animal fossils.
(d) Animal hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following marine creatures are more poisonous than anything on land except for which of the following?
2. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
3. According to Douglas Adams, there are no ________ in Madagascar or in Papua New Guinea.
4. According to Adams, what happens to all cats born in Labuan Bajo?
5. Douglas Adams was a self-proclaimed writer of humorous ________.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)