|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the benign man with the air of a vicar on-board the plane with Adams and Carwardine in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Daniel Torres.
(b) Carlos Weber.
(c) Don Merton.
(d) Bob Wyatt.
2. Douglas Adams was a self-proclaimed writer of humorous ________.
(a) Romance fiction.
(c) Science fiction.
(d) Historical fiction.
3. Who was the warden of Little Barrier Island?
4. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
5. Bill Black claims he has flown in Fiordland for ________ years.
6. Who was the freelance Kakapo tracker working for the New Zealand Department of Conservation?
7. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
(c) Labuan Bajo.
8. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
(a) New Amsterdam.
(b) New Guinea.
(c) New Finland.
(d) New Zealand.
9. Who was the charming man with a squarish face, a shock of wavy black hair, and a thick black mustache that sat on his lip like a bar of chocolate?
(c) Mr. Condo.
10. All of the following marine creatures are more poisonous than anything on land except for which of the following?
(b) Scorpion fish.
(c) Sea snakes.
11. Mark Carwardine said in Twig Technology that the Ambassador in ________ promised that the Ministry of Agriculture would be able to give them two Land Rovers and a helicopter.
12. What term did Adam heard bandied about by New Zealand zoologists, and they had bandied it about so casually that he did not want to say the he hadn't the faintest idea what they were talking about?
(a) Dashed unit ball.
(b) Track and bowl system.
(c) Convergent evolution.
(d) Checks and balances.
13. What was the name of the two smooth characters dressed in military camouflage and black berets, who slouched across the table languidly caressing their rifles in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
(a) Boss and Conrad.
(b) Zhou and Aartee.
(c) Murara and Serundori.
(d) Ros and Roberto.
14. Douglas Adams informs the reader that every other shop in Zaire is a ________.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) Gas station.
15. What was the name of the village in the foothills of the Virungas, which marks the point where the road finally gives up, and from which Adams and Carwardine had to travel on by foot?
Short Answer Questions
1. A guest house or small hotel in Indonesia is called a ________.
2. What animal is found in New Guinea and has a long and skeletal thin fourth finger?
3. Who is the Zaire's ex-colonial master?
4. In the beginning of Twig Technology, the narrator reveals that he went to what country?
5. Carwardine told Adams before going to bed in the chapter, Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, to turn his boots upside-down and shake them in the morning for what reason?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)