|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the benign man with the air of a vicar on-board the plane with Adams and Carwardine in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Daniel Torres.
(b) Bob Wyatt.
(c) Carlos Weber.
(d) Don Merton.
2. A guest house or small hotel in Indonesia is called a ________.
3. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
(a) Christian / Inagua.
(b) German / Bubaque.
(c) Dutch / Narrabri.
(d) Monkey / Antananarivo.
4. According to Adams, what happens to all cats born in Labuan Bajo?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They have their tails docked.
(c) They are shipped to Europe.
(d) They are sold on the black market.
5. What term was used Heartbeats of the Night to describe an animal who doesn't like other animals?
(a) Lonely creature.
(b) Shy creature.
(c) Bashful creature.
(d) Solitary creature.
6. The evolutionary change that passed Madagascar by was the arrival of the ________.
7. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
8. Mark Carwardine states that the "________ is an incredibly complex system, but when you're actually standing in it, it looks half-empty."
(a) Primary rain forest.
9. All of the following were on-board the twenty-three-foot fishing vessel in the chapter Here Be Chickens, except for which?
(a) A goat.
(b) Two small boys.
(c) Four chickens.
10. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
(a) Albino Apes / 6.
(b) Threatened Apes / 2.
(c) Exotic Apes / 9.
(d) Great Apes / 3.
11. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
(a) Chen Peixun.
(b) Don Merton.
(c) Doreen Montgomery.
(d) Jean-Jacques Petter.
12. Who is said to be one of the most experienced helicopter pilots in the world, according to the narrator?
(a) Terry Greene.
(b) Richard Lewis.
(c) Bill Black.
(d) Craig Hodsell.
13. What does DOC stand for as it relates to the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Department of Commerce.
(b) Department of Corrections.
(c) Documentation of Compliance.
(d) Department of Conservation.
14. According to Adams, who was a field researcher in Goma who has for years been responsible for gorilla conservation work in the area.
(a) David Pratt.
(b) Bill Peabody.
(c) Conrad Aveling.
(d) Chen Peixun.
15. Adams explains that once, before New Zealand was inhabited by humans, there were hundreds of thousands of ________.
(d) Komodo dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mountain parrots that are very intelligent, with long curved beaks and distinctive wing beats in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
2. According to Adams, ________ in every five of the gorillas alive in the world's zoos today were originally taken from the wild.
3. Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat informs the reader that by the ________ independence movements were sweeping across Africa.
4. What guide did Adams and Carwardine expect to have in the chapter Here Be Chickens?
5. According to Adams in Twig Technology, Antananarivo is pronounced ________.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)