|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Adams, what happens to all cats born in Labuan Bajo?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are sold on the black market.
(c) They have their tails docked.
(d) They are shipped to Europe.
2. According to the narrator in Twig Technology, in ________, by some sort of journalistic accident, the narrator went to look for an almost extinct animal.
3. What part of Arab's body was the kakapo holding lightly, but firmly in its bill in Heartbeats in the Night?
(b) Right forefinger.
(c) Left earlobe.
(d) Upper lip.
4. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
(a) Don Merton.
(b) Chen Peixun.
(c) Doreen Montgomery.
(d) Jean-Jacques Petter.
5. Who was the freelance Kakapo tracker working for the New Zealand Department of Conservation?
6. Douglas Adams reveals that the country eventually changed its name from the Belgian Congo to Zaire in what year?
7. The first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the Zaire customs hut was a picture of a ________.
(a) Komodo dragon.
(d) Baiji river dolphin.
8. Who is said to be one of the most experienced helicopter pilots in the world, according to the narrator?
(a) Terry Greene.
(b) Richard Lewis.
(c) Bill Black.
(d) Craig Hodsell.
9. According to Carwardine, what does a Kakapo tracker do when there aren't any Kakapo that need tracking?
(a) They eat and sleep.
(b) They kill cats.
(c) They breed.
(d) They kill alligators.
10. How many poachers does Murara claim to have shot dead?
11. In Heartbeats in the Night, Douglas Adams wonders why so many words that describe what the sun does in the morning begin with the letters "________."
12. Who was the BBC producer who recorded Adams and Carwardine's exploits for a radio documentary series?
(a) Gaynor Shutte.
(b) Zhou Kaiya.
(c) Michael Green.
(d) Gary "Arab" Aburn.
13. What was the name of the benign man with the air of a vicar on-board the plane with Adams and Carwardine in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Daniel Torres.
(b) Don Merton.
(c) Carlos Weber.
(d) Bob Wyatt.
14. What was the first animal Adams and Carwardine looked for in Here Be Chickens?
(a) White Lion.
(b) Squirrel monkey.
(c) Komodo dragon.
15. What is the name of the mountain parrots that are very intelligent, with long curved beaks and distinctive wing beats in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) The Kea.
(b) Gray-necked Rockfowl.
(d) Congo Peafowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
2. A little-known fact revealed in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night, is that one of the more dangerous animals in Africa is the ________.
3. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
4. Which two people meet Adams and Carwardine at the airport who are described as small, willowy-slim, healthy looking Indonesians?
5. Douglas Adams was a self-proclaimed writer of humorous ________.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)