|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the charming man with a squarish face, a shock of wavy black hair, and a thick black mustache that sat on his lip like a bar of chocolate?
(c) Mr. Condo.
2. What item did the pharmacie's in Zaire not carry that bewildered Adams in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
3. Who was the photographer on the plane with Adams in Twig Technology?
(a) Condo Subagyo.
(b) Alain le Garsmeur.
(c) Chris Muir.
(d) Don Merton.
4. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
(c) Elephant birds.
5. Douglas Adams expressed that when people talk of "darkest Africa," it's usually ________ they have in mind.
(a) Republic of the Congo.
6. What guide did Adams and Carwardine expect to have in the chapter Here Be Chickens?
(b) Bill Black.
(c) Gary "Arab" Aburn.
(d) Mr. Condo.
7. Who was an extremely experienced and knowledgeable zoologist who was working at that time for the World Wildlife Fund?
(a) Douglas Adams.
(d) Mark Carwardine.
8. Twig Technology declared that there are less than ________ Northern White rhinos left, and there's a desperate battle going on to save them from the poachers.
9. Douglas Adams explains that "one of the characteristics that laymen find most odd about zoologists is their insatiable enthusiasm for ________."
(a) Animal breeding.
(b) Animal droppings.
(c) Animal hair.
(d) Animal fossils.
10. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
(a) Dutch / Narrabri.
(b) Monkey / Antananarivo.
(c) Christian / Inagua.
(d) German / Bubaque.
11. In what decade did Madagascar manage to divest themselves from French rule?
12. What was the nearly extinct form of lemur called that Mark and Douglas went to search for in Twig Technology?
(b) Fat-Tailed Dwarf.
(c) Alaotran Gentle.
13. What is the name of the mountain parrots that are very intelligent, with long curved beaks and distinctive wing beats in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Gray-necked Rockfowl.
(c) The Kea.
(d) Congo Peafowl.
14. According to Adams, what happens to all cats born in Labuan Bajo?
(a) They have their tails docked.
(b) They are shipped to Europe.
(c) They are sold on the black market.
(d) They are killed.
15. Who is said to be one of the most experienced helicopter pilots in the world, according to the narrator?
(a) Bill Black.
(b) Craig Hodsell.
(c) Richard Lewis.
(d) Terry Greene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adams informs the reader that "Moose" was short for ________.
2. Who was the BBC producer who recorded Adams and Carwardine's exploits for a radio documentary series?
3. Mark Carwardine said in Twig Technology that the Ambassador in ________ promised that the Ministry of Agriculture would be able to give them two Land Rovers and a helicopter.
4. According to Dr. Sutherland, the ________ is the fifteenth deadliest snake in the world, and all the other fourteen are in ________.
5. In Heartbeats in the Night, Douglas Adams wonders why so many words that describe what the sun does in the morning begin with the letters "________."
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)