|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
(a) Jean-Jacques Petter.
(b) Don Merton.
(c) Doreen Montgomery.
(d) Chen Peixun.
2. What term was used Heartbeats of the Night to describe an animal who doesn't like other animals?
(a) Bashful creature.
(b) Shy creature.
(c) Lonely creature.
(d) Solitary creature.
3. In what town did Adams and Carwardine discover that even when making internal flights in Zaire, you still had to go through the full rigmarole of immigration and customs controls all over again?
4. According to Carwardine, what does a Kakapo tracker do when there aren't any Kakapo that need tracking?
(a) They breed.
(b) They kill alligators.
(c) They kill cats.
(d) They eat and sleep.
5. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
6. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
(a) Murara and Serundori.
(b) Arab and Zhou.
(c) Helmut and Kurt.
(d) Kes and Fraser.
7. Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat informs the reader that by the ________ independence movements were sweeping across Africa.
8. Twig Technology declared that there are less than ________ Northern White rhinos left, and there's a desperate battle going on to save them from the poachers.
9. The narrator explains in Twig Technology that monkeys are ambitious and interested in all sorts of things, especially ________, with which they found they could do all kinds of things that they couldn't do by themselves.
10. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
11. According to Douglas Adams, there are no ________ in Madagascar or in Papua New Guinea.
(a) Dwarf lemur.
(b) Flying fox.
12. Mark Carwardine explains that the best way to catch a Komodo dragon is to have a ________ that has been dead for ________ days.
(a) Llama / 6.
(b) Snake / 7.
(c) Camel / 2.
(d) Goat / 3.
13. What animal is found in New Guinea and has a long and skeletal thin fourth finger?
(c) The long-fingered possum.
14. What guide did Adams and Carwardine expect to have in the chapter Here Be Chickens?
(a) Mr. Condo.
(b) Gary "Arab" Aburn.
(c) Bill Black.
15. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did the pharmacie's in Zaire not carry that bewildered Adams in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
2. Adams explains that once, before New Zealand was inhabited by humans, there were hundreds of thousands of ________.
3. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
4. The narrator states in the chapter Here Be Chickens, "I knew that if I were a mariner in unknown waters, the first thing I would write on my charts at this moment would be 'Here Be ________.'"
5. Douglas Adams was a self-proclaimed writer of humorous ________.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)