|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
(a) Labuan Bajo.
2. The first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the Zaire customs hut was a picture of a ________.
(b) Baiji river dolphin.
(c) Komodo dragon.
3. Douglas Adams states that the Kakapo is a bird that in some ways reminds him of the ________.
(a) American tourist industry.
(b) Irish alcohol industry.
(c) Brazilian martial art industry.
(d) British motorbike industry.
4. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
(a) Arab and Zhou.
(b) Helmut and Kurt.
(c) Kes and Fraser.
(d) Murara and Serundori.
5. Bill Black claims he has flown in Fiordland for ________ years.
6. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
7. Where are the Northern White rhinos located, according to Adams and Carwardine?
8. In what decade did Madagascar manage to divest themselves from French rule?
9. Douglas Adams reveals that there is a good living to be made in Bali from pointing at ________.
10. In the chapter Here Be Chickens, Adam and Carwardine board a boat that was a twenty-three-foot fishing vessel called the ________.
11. What does DOC stand for as it relates to the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Department of Conservation.
(b) Department of Corrections.
(c) Documentation of Compliance.
(d) Department of Commerce.
12. Douglas Adams informs the reader that every other shop in Zaire is a ________.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Gas station.
13. What was the name of the BBC sound engineer that accompanied Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine?
(a) Liu Renjun.
(b) Chris Muir.
(c) Robert Giusti.
(d) John Fontana.
14. What was the name of the benign man with the air of a vicar on-board the plane with Adams and Carwardine in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Daniel Torres.
(b) Don Merton.
(c) Carlos Weber.
(d) Bob Wyatt.
15. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. Adams states that when Captain Cook saw New Zealand from the sea in ________, he recorded that "inland as far as the eye can see the peaks are crowded together as to scarcely admit any valleys between them."
2. The children on Labuan Bajo in chapter Here Be Chickens were playing with a one-legged ________.
3. In Heartbeats in the Night, Douglas Adams wonders why so many words that describe what the sun does in the morning begin with the letters "________."
4. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
5. Other than Madagascar, where else does the Aye-aye live?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)