|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
2. A little-known fact revealed in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night, is that one of the more dangerous animals in Africa is the ________.
(b) Blue Antelope.
(c) Lava Mouse.
(d) Cape Warthog.
3. Who was the charming man with a squarish face, a shock of wavy black hair, and a thick black mustache that sat on his lip like a bar of chocolate?
(d) Mr. Condo.
4. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
(b) Ron Tindall.
(c) Bruce harris.
(d) Juan Carlos Cardenas.
5. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
(a) German / Bubaque.
(b) Dutch / Narrabri.
(c) Christian / Inagua.
(d) Monkey / Antananarivo.
6. What was the name of the village in the foothills of the Virungas, which marks the point where the road finally gives up, and from which Adams and Carwardine had to travel on by foot?
7. Douglas Adams states that the Kakapo is a bird that in some ways reminds him of the ________.
(a) Irish alcohol industry.
(b) Brazilian martial art industry.
(c) American tourist industry.
(d) British motorbike industry.
8. In the chapter Here Be Chickens, Adam and Carwardine board a boat that was a twenty-three-foot fishing vessel called the ________.
9. The currency-declaration forms that Adams and Carwardine had to fill out in Zaire had the heading ________, crossed out, with "Zaire" written instead in pencil.
(a) French Territory.
(b) Property of the United States.
(c) District of Columbia.
(d) Belgian Congo.
10. Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat informs the reader that by the ________ independence movements were sweeping across Africa.
11. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
12. The Virunga Volcanoes border the following countries except for which one?
13. All of the following marine creatures are more poisonous than anything on land except for which of the following?
(b) Sea snakes.
(d) Scorpion fish.
14. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
15. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
(a) Threatened Apes / 2.
(b) Great Apes / 3.
(c) Exotic Apes / 9.
(d) Albino Apes / 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does DOC stand for as it relates to the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
2. Who was the warden of Little Barrier Island?
3. How many poachers does Murara claim to have shot dead?
4. Adams informs the reader that "Moose" was short for ________.
5. According to the narrator in Twig Technology, in ________, by some sort of journalistic accident, the narrator went to look for an almost extinct animal.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)