|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
(a) Albino Apes / 6.
(b) Great Apes / 3.
(c) Threatened Apes / 2.
(d) Exotic Apes / 9.
2. In the beginning of Twig Technology, the narrator reveals that he went to what country?
(d) New Guinea.
3. According to Mark Carwardine, there are only _______ Kakapos still alive.
4. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
(a) Doreen Montgomery.
(b) Don Merton.
(c) Jean-Jacques Petter.
(d) Chen Peixun.
5. The children on Labuan Bajo in chapter Here Be Chickens were playing with a one-legged ________.
6. The narrator explains in Twig Technology that monkeys are ambitious and interested in all sorts of things, especially ________, with which they found they could do all kinds of things that they couldn't do by themselves.
7. In Here Be Chickens, room service told Adams and Carwardine that the ________ would be a handy thing to have when looking for man-eating lizards.
(a) Bow and arrow.
(b) Cricket bat.
(d) Pepper spray.
8. Carwardine told Adams before going to bed in the chapter, Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, to turn his boots upside-down and shake them in the morning for what reason?
9. Douglas Adams expressed that when people talk of "darkest Africa," it's usually ________ they have in mind.
(c) Republic of the Congo.
10. According to Adams, what happens to all cats born in Labuan Bajo?
(a) They have their tails docked.
(b) They are shipped to Europe.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are sold on the black market.
11. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Juan Carlos Cardenas.
(c) Bruce harris.
(d) Ron Tindall.
12. In what town did Adams and Carwardine discover that even when making internal flights in Zaire, you still had to go through the full rigmarole of immigration and customs controls all over again?
13. Who was the freelance Kakapo tracker working for the New Zealand Department of Conservation?
14. According to Adams in Twig Technology, Antananarivo is pronounced ________.
15. According to Carwardine, what does a Kakapo tracker do when there aren't any Kakapo that need tracking?
(a) They kill cats.
(b) They eat and sleep.
(c) They kill alligators.
(d) They breed.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________, a vast tract of mountainous terrain that occupies the southwest corner of South Island, ________, is one of the most astounding pieces of land anywhere on God's earth, according to Douglas Adams.
2. Douglas Adams informs the reader that every other shop in Zaire is a ________.
3. Adams explains that once, before New Zealand was inhabited by humans, there were hundreds of thousands of ________.
4. Who was the BBC producer who recorded Adams and Carwardine's exploits for a radio documentary series?
5. Who is the Zaire's ex-colonial master?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)