|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was an extremely experienced and knowledgeable zoologist who was working at that time for the World Wildlife Fund?
(c) Douglas Adams.
(d) Mark Carwardine.
2. According to Adams, there are ________ Northern White rhinoceros in Czechoslovakia.
3. What was the name of the benign man with the air of a vicar on-board the plane with Adams and Carwardine in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Bob Wyatt.
(b) Don Merton.
(c) Carlos Weber.
(d) Daniel Torres.
4. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
5. In what decade did Madagascar manage to divest themselves from French rule?
6. In Here Be Chickens, room service told Adams and Carwardine that the ________ would be a handy thing to have when looking for man-eating lizards.
(b) Pepper spray.
(c) Bow and arrow.
(d) Cricket bat.
7. What was the name of the village in the foothills of the Virungas, which marks the point where the road finally gives up, and from which Adams and Carwardine had to travel on by foot?
8. Douglas Adams explains that "one of the characteristics that laymen find most odd about zoologists is their insatiable enthusiasm for ________."
(a) Animal droppings.
(b) Animal fossils.
(c) Animal breeding.
(d) Animal hair.
9. What item did the pharmacie's in Zaire not carry that bewildered Adams in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
10. Douglas Adams reveals that the country eventually changed its name from the Belgian Congo to Zaire in what year?
11. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Bruce harris.
(b) Ron Tindall.
(d) Juan Carlos Cardenas.
12. Douglas Adams states that the Kakapo is a bird that in some ways reminds him of the ________.
(a) Irish alcohol industry.
(b) British motorbike industry.
(c) Brazilian martial art industry.
(d) American tourist industry.
13. Where are the Northern White rhinos located, according to Adams and Carwardine?
14. A little-known fact revealed in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night, is that one of the more dangerous animals in Africa is the ________.
(b) Lava Mouse.
(c) Cape Warthog.
(d) Blue Antelope.
15. Who is the Zaire's ex-colonial master?
(a) The Belgians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Canadians.
Short Answer Questions
1. The children on Labuan Bajo in chapter Here Be Chickens were playing with a one-legged ________.
2. ________, a vast tract of mountainous terrain that occupies the southwest corner of South Island, ________, is one of the most astounding pieces of land anywhere on God's earth, according to Douglas Adams.
3. Carwardine told Adams before going to bed in the chapter, Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, to turn his boots upside-down and shake them in the morning for what reason?
4. Douglas Adams reveals that there is a good living to be made in Bali from pointing at ________.
5. Mark Carwardine said in Twig Technology that the Ambassador in ________ promised that the Ministry of Agriculture would be able to give them two Land Rovers and a helicopter.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)