|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Douglas Adams, there are no ________ in Madagascar or in Papua New Guinea.
(b) Flying fox.
(d) Dwarf lemur.
2. The children on Labuan Bajo in chapter Here Be Chickens were playing with a one-legged ________.
3. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Bruce harris.
(b) Juan Carlos Cardenas.
(d) Ron Tindall.
4. Who was the man in Melbourne who Adams claim knew more about poisonous snakes than anyone else on earth?
(a) Dr. Charles R. Drew.
(b) Dr. Jean Astruc.
(c) Dr. Christiaan Barnard
(d) Dr. Struan Sutherland.
5. Mark Carwardine said in Twig Technology that the Ambassador in ________ promised that the Ministry of Agriculture would be able to give them two Land Rovers and a helicopter.
6. Which two people meet Adams and Carwardine at the airport who are described as small, willowy-slim, healthy looking Indonesians?
(a) Tori and Dean.
(b) Kiri and Moose.
(c) Bill and Scout.
(d) Stella and Liam.
7. Other than Madagascar, where else does the Aye-aye live?
(d) New Zealand.
8. According to the agent at the Merpati Airlines, there were ________ people booked on Adams and Carwardine's return flight to Bali.
9. Dr. Sutherland explains that the most poisonous spider is the ________, which bites about five hundred people a year.
(a) Black Widow.
(c) Brown Recluse.
(d) Sydney Funnel-web.
10. What is the name of the tiny, idyllic, rain-forest island just off the northeast coast of Madagascar?
(b) Nosy Mangabe.
11. Mark Carwardine explains that the best way to catch a Komodo dragon is to have a ________ that has been dead for ________ days.
(a) Goat / 3.
(b) Snake / 7.
(c) Llama / 6.
(d) Camel / 2.
12. What term was used Heartbeats of the Night to describe an animal who doesn't like other animals?
(a) Bashful creature.
(b) Solitary creature.
(c) Shy creature.
(d) Lonely creature.
13. Douglas Adams explains that "one of the characteristics that laymen find most odd about zoologists is their insatiable enthusiasm for ________."
(a) Animal hair.
(b) Animal fossils.
(c) Animal droppings.
(d) Animal breeding.
14. Carwardine told Adams before going to bed in the chapter, Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, to turn his boots upside-down and shake them in the morning for what reason?
15. Who was the photographer on the plane with Adams in Twig Technology?
(a) Don Merton.
(b) Condo Subagyo.
(c) Alain le Garsmeur.
(d) Chris Muir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat informs the reader that by the ________ independence movements were sweeping across Africa.
2. Who was the charming man with a squarish face, a shock of wavy black hair, and a thick black mustache that sat on his lip like a bar of chocolate?
3. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
4. What guide did Adams and Carwardine expect to have in the chapter Here Be Chickens?
5. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)