|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
2. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
(a) Elephant birds.
3. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
(a) Threatened Apes / 2.
(b) Exotic Apes / 9.
(c) Great Apes / 3.
(d) Albino Apes / 6.
4. Douglas Adams reveals that the country eventually changed its name from the Belgian Congo to Zaire in what year?
5. What term did Adam heard bandied about by New Zealand zoologists, and they had bandied it about so casually that he did not want to say the he hadn't the faintest idea what they were talking about?
(a) Dashed unit ball.
(b) Checks and balances.
(c) Convergent evolution.
(d) Track and bowl system.
6. What does DOC stand for as it relates to the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Department of Conservation.
(b) Department of Commerce.
(c) Documentation of Compliance.
(d) Department of Corrections.
7. All of the following were on-board the twenty-three-foot fishing vessel in the chapter Here Be Chickens, except for which?
(a) Two small boys.
(b) Four chickens.
(d) A goat.
8. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Ron Tindall.
(b) Bruce harris.
(d) Juan Carlos Cardenas.
9. Who was the BBC producer who recorded Adams and Carwardine's exploits for a radio documentary series?
(a) Michael Green.
(b) Gaynor Shutte.
(c) Zhou Kaiya.
(d) Gary "Arab" Aburn.
10. According to Adams, there are ________ Northern White rhinoceros in Czechoslovakia.
11. Who is the Zaire's ex-colonial master?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Belgians.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Canadians.
12. What animal is found in New Guinea and has a long and skeletal thin fourth finger?
(d) The long-fingered possum.
13. Who is said to be one of the most experienced helicopter pilots in the world, according to the narrator?
(a) Richard Lewis.
(b) Terry Greene.
(c) Craig Hodsell.
(d) Bill Black.
14. Adams informs the reader that "Moose" was short for ________.
(c) Tineka Jawana.
15. Which two people meet Adams and Carwardine at the airport who are described as small, willowy-slim, healthy looking Indonesians?
(a) Stella and Liam.
(b) Bill and Scout.
(c) Kiri and Moose.
(d) Tori and Dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Twig Technology, the narrator reveals that he went to what country?
2. The narrator states in the chapter Here Be Chickens, "I knew that if I were a mariner in unknown waters, the first thing I would write on my charts at this moment would be 'Here Be ________.'"
3. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
4. Mark Carwardine explains that the best way to catch a Komodo dragon is to have a ________ that has been dead for ________ days.
5. The children on Labuan Bajo in chapter Here Be Chickens were playing with a one-legged ________.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)