|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Carwardine, what does a Kakapo tracker do when there aren't any Kakapo that need tracking?
(a) They breed.
(b) They eat and sleep.
(c) They kill cats.
(d) They kill alligators.
2. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
(d) Elephant birds.
3. Douglas Adams informs the reader that every other shop in Zaire is a ________.
(a) Gas station.
(c) Grocery store.
4. Twig Technology declared that there are less than ________ Northern White rhinos left, and there's a desperate battle going on to save them from the poachers.
5. Who was an extremely experienced and knowledgeable zoologist who was working at that time for the World Wildlife Fund?
(b) Mark Carwardine.
(d) Douglas Adams.
6. In the beginning of Twig Technology, the narrator reveals that he went to what country?
(c) New Guinea.
7. Carwardine told Adams before going to bed in the chapter, Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, to turn his boots upside-down and shake them in the morning for what reason?
8. According to Adams, who was a field researcher in Goma who has for years been responsible for gorilla conservation work in the area.
(a) David Pratt.
(b) Bill Peabody.
(c) Conrad Aveling.
(d) Chen Peixun.
9. The currency-declaration forms that Adams and Carwardine had to fill out in Zaire had the heading ________, crossed out, with "Zaire" written instead in pencil.
(a) District of Columbia.
(b) Belgian Congo.
(c) French Territory.
(d) Property of the United States.
10. According to the narrator in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, where in Zaire do the mountain gorillas live?
(a) Amak Volcano.
(b) Cold Bay Volcano.
(c) Buldir Volcano.
(d) The Virunga Volcanoes.
11. According to Adams, ________ in every five of the gorillas alive in the world's zoos today were originally taken from the wild.
12. What item did the pharmacie's in Zaire not carry that bewildered Adams in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
13. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
(a) Murara and Serundori.
(b) Helmut and Kurt.
(c) Arab and Zhou.
(d) Kes and Fraser.
14. What term did Adam heard bandied about by New Zealand zoologists, and they had bandied it about so casually that he did not want to say the he hadn't the faintest idea what they were talking about?
(a) Convergent evolution.
(b) Track and bowl system.
(c) Dashed unit ball.
(d) Checks and balances.
15. In Here Be Chickens, room service told Adams and Carwardine that the ________ would be a handy thing to have when looking for man-eating lizards.
(a) Pepper spray.
(b) Cricket bat.
(c) Bow and arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
2. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
3. Douglas Adams explains that "one of the characteristics that laymen find most odd about zoologists is their insatiable enthusiasm for ________."
4. The evolutionary change that passed Madagascar by was the arrival of the ________.
5. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)