|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Douglas Adams, there are no ________ in Madagascar or in Papua New Guinea.
(b) Dwarf lemur.
(d) Flying fox.
2. The narrator states in the chapter Here Be Chickens, "I knew that if I were a mariner in unknown waters, the first thing I would write on my charts at this moment would be 'Here Be ________.'"
3. In Here Be Chickens, room service told Adams and Carwardine that the ________ would be a handy thing to have when looking for man-eating lizards.
(a) Bow and arrow.
(c) Cricket bat.
(d) Pepper spray.
4. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
(a) Elephant birds.
5. All of the following were on-board the twenty-three-foot fishing vessel in the chapter Here Be Chickens, except for which?
(a) A goat.
(c) Two small boys.
(d) Four chickens.
6. How many poachers does Murara claim to have shot dead?
7. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
(a) Christian / Inagua.
(b) German / Bubaque.
(c) Dutch / Narrabri.
(d) Monkey / Antananarivo.
8. Twig Technology declared that there are less than ________ Northern White rhinos left, and there's a desperate battle going on to save them from the poachers.
9. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
(a) Threatened Apes / 2.
(b) Albino Apes / 6.
(c) Exotic Apes / 9.
(d) Great Apes / 3.
10. A guest house or small hotel in Indonesia is called a ________.
11. Adams informs the reader that "Moose" was short for ________.
(d) Tineka Jawana.
12. What bird in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night does Adams say he was destined never to find out anything more about while on his way to the warden's lodge?
(a) The little blue penguin.
(b) The White-cheeked Bulbul.
(c) The Peregrine Falcon.
(d) The Emu.
13. In what town did Adams and Carwardine discover that even when making internal flights in Zaire, you still had to go through the full rigmarole of immigration and customs controls all over again?
14. Douglas Adams reveals that there is a good living to be made in Bali from pointing at ________.
15. What was the name of the BBC sound engineer that accompanied Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine?
(a) Liu Renjun.
(b) John Fontana.
(c) Robert Giusti.
(d) Chris Muir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark Carwardine explains that there are more _________ per square meter of ground on Komodo than in any equivalent area on earth.
2. What was the name of the two smooth characters dressed in military camouflage and black berets, who slouched across the table languidly caressing their rifles in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
3. According to Dr. Sutherland, the ________ is the fifteenth deadliest snake in the world, and all the other fourteen are in ________.
4. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
5. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)