|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Douglas Adams reveals that there is a good living to be made in Bali from pointing at ________.
2. In what town did Adams and Carwardine discover that even when making internal flights in Zaire, you still had to go through the full rigmarole of immigration and customs controls all over again?
3. Who was the BBC producer who recorded Adams and Carwardine's exploits for a radio documentary series?
(a) Gaynor Shutte.
(b) Michael Green.
(c) Gary "Arab" Aburn.
(d) Zhou Kaiya.
4. Twig Technology states that at the end of the last century, ________ took over Madagascar.
5. What term did Adam heard bandied about by New Zealand zoologists, and they had bandied it about so casually that he did not want to say the he hadn't the faintest idea what they were talking about?
(a) Track and bowl system.
(b) Dashed unit ball.
(c) Convergent evolution.
(d) Checks and balances.
6. Bill Black claims he has flown in Fiordland for ________ years.
7. Who was an extremely experienced and knowledgeable zoologist who was working at that time for the World Wildlife Fund?
(b) Mark Carwardine.
(c) Douglas Adams.
8. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
(a) Don Merton.
(b) Chen Peixun.
(c) Doreen Montgomery.
(d) Jean-Jacques Petter.
9. All of the following were on-board the twenty-three-foot fishing vessel in the chapter Here Be Chickens, except for which?
(b) Two small boys.
(c) A goat.
(d) Four chickens.
10. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
(a) Labuan Bajo.
11. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
12. The Virunga Volcanoes border the following countries except for which one?
13. The children on Labuan Bajo in chapter Here Be Chickens were playing with a one-legged ________.
14. The narrator explains in Twig Technology that monkeys are ambitious and interested in all sorts of things, especially ________, with which they found they could do all kinds of things that they couldn't do by themselves.
15. What item did the pharmacie's in Zaire not carry that bewildered Adams in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark Carwardine explains that the best way to catch a Komodo dragon is to have a ________ that has been dead for ________ days.
2. According to Douglas Adams, there are no ________ in Madagascar or in Papua New Guinea.
3. Who was the warden of Little Barrier Island?
4. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
5. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)