|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Twig Technology, the narrator states that he flew thirteen hours from ________ to Madagascar.
(a) New Zealand.
2. Adams states that when Captain Cook saw New Zealand from the sea in ________, he recorded that "inland as far as the eye can see the peaks are crowded together as to scarcely admit any valleys between them."
3. According to the agent at the Merpati Airlines, there were ________ people booked on Adams and Carwardine's return flight to Bali.
4. In the chapter Here Be Chickens, Adam and Carwardine board a boat that was a twenty-three-foot fishing vessel called the ________.
5. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
(a) Jean-Jacques Petter.
(b) Doreen Montgomery.
(c) Chen Peixun.
(d) Don Merton.
6. Adams expresses that if you took the whole of ________, scrunched it up a bit, shook out all the moose and reindeer, hurled it ten thousand miles around the world, and filled it with birds, then you'd be wasting your time, because it looks as if someone has already done it.
7. Who was the photographer on the plane with Adams in Twig Technology?
(a) Condo Subagyo.
(b) Don Merton.
(c) Alain le Garsmeur.
(d) Chris Muir.
8. According to Adams, who was a field researcher in Goma who has for years been responsible for gorilla conservation work in the area.
(a) Bill Peabody.
(b) Chen Peixun.
(c) David Pratt.
(d) Conrad Aveling.
9. Douglas Adams reveals that there is a good living to be made in Bali from pointing at ________.
10. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
(a) Albino Apes / 6.
(b) Threatened Apes / 2.
(c) Exotic Apes / 9.
(d) Great Apes / 3.
11. In the beginning of Twig Technology, the narrator reveals that he went to what country?
(d) New Guinea.
12. In Here Be Chickens, room service told Adams and Carwardine that the ________ would be a handy thing to have when looking for man-eating lizards.
(b) Pepper spray.
(c) Cricket bat.
(d) Bow and arrow.
13. According to Adams, there are ________ Northern White rhinoceros in Czechoslovakia.
14. Adams explains that once, before New Zealand was inhabited by humans, there were hundreds of thousands of ________.
(b) Komodo dragons.
15. A guest house or small hotel in Indonesia is called a ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
2. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
3. Mark Carwardine states that the "________ is an incredibly complex system, but when you're actually standing in it, it looks half-empty."
4. The currency-declaration forms that Adams and Carwardine had to fill out in Zaire had the heading ________, crossed out, with "Zaire" written instead in pencil.
5. A little-known fact revealed in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night, is that one of the more dangerous animals in Africa is the ________.
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)