|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adams explains that once, before New Zealand was inhabited by humans, there were hundreds of thousands of ________.
(d) Komodo dragons.
2. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
3. Adams informs the reader that a young female gorilla called ________, caught her hand in a wire antelope snare and eventually died of septicemia in August 1988.
4. According to Mark Carwardine, there are only _______ Kakapos still alive.
5. Douglas Adams explains that "one of the characteristics that laymen find most odd about zoologists is their insatiable enthusiasm for ________."
(a) Animal hair.
(b) Animal fossils.
(c) Animal breeding.
(d) Animal droppings.
6. What was the name of the benign man with the air of a vicar on-board the plane with Adams and Carwardine in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Bob Wyatt.
(b) Daniel Torres.
(c) Carlos Weber.
(d) Don Merton.
7. Other than Madagascar, where else does the Aye-aye live?
(b) New Zealand.
8. The narrator explains in Twig Technology that monkeys are ambitious and interested in all sorts of things, especially ________, with which they found they could do all kinds of things that they couldn't do by themselves.
9. What was the name of the BBC sound engineer that accompanied Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine?
(a) Liu Renjun.
(b) John Fontana.
(c) Robert Giusti.
(d) Chris Muir.
10. What was the first animal Adams and Carwardine looked for in Here Be Chickens?
(b) Squirrel monkey.
(c) White Lion.
(d) Komodo dragon.
11. Who was the man in Melbourne who Adams claim knew more about poisonous snakes than anyone else on earth?
(a) Dr. Christiaan Barnard
(b) Dr. Charles R. Drew.
(c) Dr. Struan Sutherland.
(d) Dr. Jean Astruc.
12. Adams expresses that if you took the whole of ________, scrunched it up a bit, shook out all the moose and reindeer, hurled it ten thousand miles around the world, and filled it with birds, then you'd be wasting your time, because it looks as if someone has already done it.
13. According to Carwardine, what does a Kakapo tracker do when there aren't any Kakapo that need tracking?
(a) They breed.
(b) They eat and sleep.
(c) They kill cats.
(d) They kill alligators.
14. According to Adams, there are ________ Northern White rhinoceros in Czechoslovakia.
15. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
(d) Labuan Bajo.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Twig Technology, in ________, by some sort of journalistic accident, the narrator went to look for an almost extinct animal.
2. What term did Adam heard bandied about by New Zealand zoologists, and they had bandied it about so casually that he did not want to say the he hadn't the faintest idea what they were talking about?
3. What guide did Adams and Carwardine expect to have in the chapter Here Be Chickens?
4. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
5. Twig Technology states that at the end of the last century, ________ took over Madagascar.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)