|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the BBC producer who recorded Adams and Carwardine's exploits for a radio documentary series?
(a) Gaynor Shutte.
(b) Gary "Arab" Aburn.
(c) Michael Green.
(d) Zhou Kaiya.
2. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
3. Who is said to be one of the most experienced helicopter pilots in the world, according to the narrator?
(a) Terry Greene.
(b) Bill Black.
(c) Craig Hodsell.
(d) Richard Lewis.
4. What part of Arab's body was the kakapo holding lightly, but firmly in its bill in Heartbeats in the Night?
(b) Left earlobe.
(c) Right forefinger.
(d) Upper lip.
5. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
(b) Elephant birds.
6. Mark Carwardine explains that the best way to catch a Komodo dragon is to have a ________ that has been dead for ________ days.
(a) Llama / 6.
(b) Snake / 7.
(c) Goat / 3.
(d) Camel / 2.
7. What term was used Heartbeats of the Night to describe an animal who doesn't like other animals?
(a) Shy creature.
(b) Solitary creature.
(c) Bashful creature.
(d) Lonely creature.
8. What was the first animal Adams and Carwardine looked for in Here Be Chickens?
(a) Komodo dragon.
(b) Squirrel monkey.
(d) White Lion.
9. According to Mark Carwardine, there are only _______ Kakapos still alive.
10. According to Adams, what happens to all cats born in Labuan Bajo?
(a) They are shipped to Europe.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They have their tails docked.
(d) They are sold on the black market.
11. In the chapter Here Be Chickens, Adam and Carwardine board a boat that was a twenty-three-foot fishing vessel called the ________.
12. In Twig Technology, the narrator states that he flew thirteen hours from ________ to Madagascar.
(a) New Zealand.
13. Who is the Zaire's ex-colonial master?
(a) The Canadians.
(b) The Belgians.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Germans.
14. Twig Technology declared that there are less than ________ Northern White rhinos left, and there's a desperate battle going on to save them from the poachers.
15. What term did Adam heard bandied about by New Zealand zoologists, and they had bandied it about so casually that he did not want to say the he hadn't the faintest idea what they were talking about?
(a) Dashed unit ball.
(b) Convergent evolution.
(c) Checks and balances.
(d) Track and bowl system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an extremely experienced and knowledgeable zoologist who was working at that time for the World Wildlife Fund?
2. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
3. The narrator states in the chapter Here Be Chickens, "I knew that if I were a mariner in unknown waters, the first thing I would write on my charts at this moment would be 'Here Be ________.'"
4. Carwardine told Adams before going to bed in the chapter, Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, to turn his boots upside-down and shake them in the morning for what reason?
5. Who was the man in Melbourne who Adams claim knew more about poisonous snakes than anyone else on earth?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)