|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Twig Technology declared that there are less than ________ Northern White rhinos left, and there's a desperate battle going on to save them from the poachers.
2. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
(a) Don Merton.
(b) Jean-Jacques Petter.
(c) Doreen Montgomery.
(d) Chen Peixun.
3. According to Adams, what species is one of man's closest living relatives?
(c) Mountain gorilla.
4. Who was the freelance Kakapo tracker working for the New Zealand Department of Conservation?
5. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
6. According to Adams, there are ________ Northern White rhinoceros in Czechoslovakia.
7. Bill Black claims he has flown in Fiordland for ________ years.
8. Adams states that when Captain Cook saw New Zealand from the sea in ________, he recorded that "inland as far as the eye can see the peaks are crowded together as to scarcely admit any valleys between them."
9. Adams expresses that if you took the whole of ________, scrunched it up a bit, shook out all the moose and reindeer, hurled it ten thousand miles around the world, and filled it with birds, then you'd be wasting your time, because it looks as if someone has already done it.
10. What was the name of the Scotsman from DOC that accompanied Adams and Carwardine in the chapter,Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Juan Carlos Cardenas.
(b) Bruce harris.
(c) Ron Tindall.
11. Who was the warden of Little Barrier Island?
12. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
(a) New Amsterdam.
(b) New Zealand.
(c) New Finland.
(d) New Guinea.
13. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
14. What part of Arab's body was the kakapo holding lightly, but firmly in its bill in Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Right forefinger.
(b) Left earlobe.
(c) Upper lip.
15. Twig Technology states that at the end of the last century, ________ took over Madagascar.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in the chapter Here Be Chickens, "I knew that if I were a mariner in unknown waters, the first thing I would write on my charts at this moment would be 'Here Be ________.'"
2. All of the following marine creatures are more poisonous than anything on land except for which of the following?
3. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
4. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
5. The currency-declaration forms that Adams and Carwardine had to fill out in Zaire had the heading ________, crossed out, with "Zaire" written instead in pencil.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)