|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mark's Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Douglas Adams reveals that there is a good living to be made in Bali from pointing at ________.
2. What part of Arab's body was the kakapo holding lightly, but firmly in its bill in Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Upper lip.
(b) Right forefinger.
(d) Left earlobe.
3. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
4. Who was an extremely experienced and knowledgeable zoologist who was working at that time for the World Wildlife Fund?
(a) Douglas Adams.
(d) Mark Carwardine.
5. When Adams wrote Last Chance to See, there were ________ human beings on earth.
(a) 10 million.
(b) 5 billion.
(c) 2 trillion.
(d) 1 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adams explains that when you spend time on islands with naturalists, you will tend to hear two words frequently. To what two words does Adams refer?
2. What animal is found in New Guinea and has a long and skeletal thin fourth finger?
3. What was the nearly extinct form of lemur called that Mark and Douglas went to search for in Twig Technology?
4. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
5. According to Adams, there are ________ Northern White rhinoceros in Czechoslovakia.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)