|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mark's Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a disturbing letter received by Douglas and Mark from a couple who had been working in China, the couple says that they ate ________.
(a) Two Aye-aye lemurs.
(b) Two Baiji Dolphins.
(c) Three Kakapos.
(d) One Northern White Rhino.
2. In what decade did Madagascar manage to divest themselves from French rule?
3. Who is said to be one of the most experienced helicopter pilots in the world, according to the narrator?
(a) Bill Black.
(b) Craig Hodsell.
(c) Richard Lewis.
(d) Terry Greene.
4. According to a letter Carwardine received, at 08.45 hours on ________, one of the dog handlers, Alan Munn, and his English Setter, 'Ari' located a new female kakapo near Lees Knob.
(a) July 24, 1977.
(b) August 25, 1989.
(c) September 4, 1999.
(d) November 9, 1998.
5. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
(d) Labuan Bajo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
2. According to the narrator in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, where in Zaire do the mountain gorillas live?
3. According to Douglas Adams, there are no ________ in Madagascar or in Papua New Guinea.
4. Douglas Adams states that the Kakapo is a bird that in some ways reminds him of the ________.
5. What is the name of the arrogant Frenchman in chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, who Adams, Carwardine and Richard detest instantly?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)