|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mark's Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the photographer on the plane with Adams in Twig Technology?
(a) Alain le Garsmeur.
(b) Chris Muir.
(c) Don Merton.
(d) Condo Subagyo.
2. Other than Madagascar, where else does the Aye-aye live?
(b) New Zealand.
3. The narrator states in the chapter Here Be Chickens, "I knew that if I were a mariner in unknown waters, the first thing I would write on my charts at this moment would be 'Here Be ________.'"
4. Professor Zhou said that ________ in the Yangtze was a major problem for the baiji dolphins, and severely interfered with their echolocation.
5. The evolutionary change that passed Madagascar by was the arrival of the ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the spectacular remnant of the days when Shanghai was one of the most glamorous and cosmopolitan ports in the world?
2. Adams informs the reader that ________, from the point of view of the ecology of the Mauritius, is a major problem.
3. In what decade did Madagascar manage to divest themselves from French rule?
4. What term used in Rare, or Medium Rare describes when a bird hatches from its egg and falls in love with the first thing that feeds it?
5. Mark Carwardine explains that there are more _________ per square meter of ground on Komodo than in any equivalent area on earth.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)