|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here Be Chickens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) New Guinea.
(c) New Amsterdam.
(d) New Finland.
2. Mark Carwardine said in Twig Technology that the Ambassador in ________ promised that the Ministry of Agriculture would be able to give them two Land Rovers and a helicopter.
3. Who was an extremely experienced and knowledgeable zoologist who was working at that time for the World Wildlife Fund?
(c) Mark Carwardine.
(d) Douglas Adams.
4. The children on Labuan Bajo in chapter Here Be Chickens were playing with a one-legged ________.
5. A guest house or small hotel in Indonesia is called a ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Twig Technology, in ________, by some sort of journalistic accident, the narrator went to look for an almost extinct animal.
2. The narrator explains in Twig Technology that monkeys are ambitious and interested in all sorts of things, especially ________, with which they found they could do all kinds of things that they couldn't do by themselves.
3. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
4. Where are the Northern White rhinos located, according to Adams and Carwardine?
5. The narrator states in the chapter Here Be Chickens, "I knew that if I were a mariner in unknown waters, the first thing I would write on my charts at this moment would be 'Here Be ________.'"
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)