|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here Be Chickens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) New Finland.
(c) New Amsterdam.
(d) New Guinea.
2. According to the agent at the Merpati Airlines, there were ________ people booked on Adams and Carwardine's return flight to Bali.
3. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
(b) Elephant birds.
4. In Here Be Chickens, room service told Adams and Carwardine that the ________ would be a handy thing to have when looking for man-eating lizards.
(a) Cricket bat.
(b) Bow and arrow.
(c) Pepper spray.
5. Where are the Northern White rhinos located, according to Adams and Carwardine?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in the chapter Here Be Chickens, "I knew that if I were a mariner in unknown waters, the first thing I would write on my charts at this moment would be 'Here Be ________.'"
2. According to Mark Carwardine, there are only _______ Kakapos still alive.
3. Who was the charming man with a squarish face, a shock of wavy black hair, and a thick black mustache that sat on his lip like a bar of chocolate?
4. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
5. Douglas Adams was a self-proclaimed writer of humorous ________.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)