|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mark's Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Richard in Rare, or Medium Rare, there are no interesting birds on Reunion because ________.
(a) Reunion is uninhabitable.
(b) The French shot them all.
(c) There are no trees there.
(d) They are all extinct.
2. Adams explains that once, before New Zealand was inhabited by humans, there were hundreds of thousands of ________.
(c) Komodo dragons.
3. What was the name of the sugar estate's elderly gatekeeper and eccentric Mauritian who would not let anybody through his gate without a permit?
4. Adams explains that when you spend time on islands with naturalists, you will tend to hear two words frequently. To what two words does Adams refer?
(a) Threatened and endangered.
(b) Poachers and hunters.
(c) Tame and wild.
(d) Endemic and exotic.
5. Douglas Adams informs the reader that every other shop in Zaire is a ________.
(a) Gas station.
(c) Grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
2. How many poachers does Murara claim to have shot dead?
3. Bill Black claims he has flown in Fiordland for ________ years.
4. Mark Carwardine states that the "________ is an incredibly complex system, but when you're actually standing in it, it looks half-empty."
5. What was the name of the brilliant, but mad Welshman in his late 30s, who loves birds to the point of obsession?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)