|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mark's Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
(a) Don Merton.
(b) Doreen Montgomery.
(c) Jean-Jacques Petter.
(d) Chen Peixun.
2. Adams informs the reader that ________, from the point of view of the ecology of the Mauritius, is a major problem.
3. Adams explains that once, before New Zealand was inhabited by humans, there were hundreds of thousands of ________.
(c) Komodo dragons.
4. Mark Carwardine explains that the best way to catch a Komodo dragon is to have a ________ that has been dead for ________ days.
(a) Camel / 2.
(b) Llama / 6.
(c) Goat / 3.
(d) Snake / 7.
5. In what year was the baiji dolphin first discovered, according to Adams in chapter Blind Panic?
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked in chapter Blind Panic "are you feeling nervous about something," Adams replies, "________."
2. What was the name of the village in the foothills of the Virungas, which marks the point where the road finally gives up, and from which Adams and Carwardine had to travel on by foot?
3. According to Dr. Sutherland, the ________ is the fifteenth deadliest snake in the world, and all the other fourteen are in ________.
4. Adams states in chapter Blind Panic that everyone in China rides ________.
5. On Little Barrier Island, several of the males there had been booming for the first time, including a nine-year-old called ________, according to Mark's Epilogue.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)