|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mark's Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Virunga Volcanoes border the following countries except for which one?
2. What is the name of the tiny, idyllic, rain-forest island just off the northeast coast of Madagascar?
(a) Nosy Mangabe.
3. According to the narrator in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, where in Zaire do the mountain gorillas live?
(a) The Virunga Volcanoes.
(b) Cold Bay Volcano.
(c) Amak Volcano.
(d) Buldir Volcano.
4. On Little Barrier Island, several of the males there had been booming for the first time, including a nine-year-old called ________, according to Mark's Epilogue.
5. What is the name of the mountain parrots that are very intelligent, with long curved beaks and distinctive wing beats in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Congo Peafowl.
(b) The Kea.
(c) Gray-necked Rockfowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Douglas Adams reveals that the country eventually changed its name from the Belgian Congo to Zaire in what year?
2. What term used in Rare, or Medium Rare describes when a bird hatches from its egg and falls in love with the first thing that feeds it?
3. Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat informs the reader that by the ________ independence movements were sweeping across Africa.
4. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
5. According to Richard Lewis, how many echo parakeets are there in the wild?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)