|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rare, or Medium Rare?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term used in Rare, or Medium Rare describes when a bird hatches from its egg and falls in love with the first thing that feeds it?
2. According to Dr. Sutherland, the ________ is the fifteenth deadliest snake in the world, and all the other fourteen are in ________.
(a) Western Cottonmouth / United States.
(b) Northern Rubber Boa / Asia.
(c) Indian Cobra / Australia.
(d) Tiger Rattlesnake / Africa.
3. Who was the charming man with a squarish face, a shock of wavy black hair, and a thick black mustache that sat on his lip like a bar of chocolate?
(c) Mr. Condo.
4. What was the name of the non-round island near Mauritius Island in the Indian Ocean?
(a) Victoria Island.
(b) Round Island.
(c) Baffin Island.
(d) Kodiak Island.
5. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard Lewis' profession?
2. Douglas Adams states that the Kakapo is a bird that in some ways reminds him of the ________.
3. What bird in the chapter Heartbeats in the Night does Adams say he was destined never to find out anything more about while on his way to the warden's lodge?
4. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
5. Mark Carwardine explains that the best way to catch a Komodo dragon is to have a ________ that has been dead for ________ days.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)