|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rare, or Medium Rare?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Carwardine, what does a Kakapo tracker do when there aren't any Kakapo that need tracking?
(a) They eat and sleep.
(b) They kill alligators.
(c) They kill cats.
(d) They breed.
2. All of the following were on-board the twenty-three-foot fishing vessel in the chapter Here Be Chickens, except for which?
(a) A goat.
(c) Four chickens.
(d) Two small boys.
3. What term did Adam heard bandied about by New Zealand zoologists, and they had bandied it about so casually that he did not want to say the he hadn't the faintest idea what they were talking about?
(a) Convergent evolution.
(b) Track and bowl system.
(c) Checks and balances.
(d) Dashed unit ball.
4. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
5. Adams explains that once, before New Zealand was inhabited by humans, there were hundreds of thousands of ________.
(a) Komodo dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the charming man with a squarish face, a shock of wavy black hair, and a thick black mustache that sat on his lip like a bar of chocolate?
2. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
3. ________ is when a bird shakes its wings and body and is a sign that the bird feels ________.
4. According to Dr. Sutherland, the ________ is the fifteenth deadliest snake in the world, and all the other fourteen are in ________.
5. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)