|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rare, or Medium Rare?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the freelance Kakapo tracker working for the New Zealand Department of Conservation?
2. What term used in Rare, or Medium Rare describes when a bird hatches from its egg and falls in love with the first thing that feeds it?
3. Adams explains that when you spend time on islands with naturalists, you will tend to hear two words frequently. To what two words does Adams refer?
(a) Threatened and endangered.
(b) Poachers and hunters.
(c) Tame and wild.
(d) Endemic and exotic.
4. What term describes the process by which the bird cleans its beak of meat after eating, by rubbing it along a branch?
5. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the man in Melbourne who Adams claim knew more about poisonous snakes than anyone else on earth?
2. In Here Be Chickens, room service told Adams and Carwardine that the ________ would be a handy thing to have when looking for man-eating lizards.
3. In the chapter Here Be Chickens, Adam and Carwardine board a boat that was a twenty-three-foot fishing vessel called the ________.
4. Adams explains that once, before New Zealand was inhabited by humans, there were hundreds of thousands of ________.
5. Bill Black claims he has flown in Fiordland for ________ years.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)