|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rare, or Medium Rare?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does DOC stand for as it relates to the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
(a) Department of Corrections.
(b) Department of Commerce.
(c) Department of Conservation.
(d) Documentation of Compliance.
2. According to Richard Lewis, how many echo parakeets are there in the wild?
3. Adams and Carwardine went to Rodrigues Island to look for what animal?
(a) Fruit bats.
(b) Elegant frog.
(c) Spider monkey.
(d) Three-toed sloth.
4. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
5. Douglas Adams states that the Kakapo is a bird that in some ways reminds him of the ________.
(a) American tourist industry.
(b) Brazilian martial art industry.
(c) Irish alcohol industry.
(d) British motorbike industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chapter Rare, or Medium Rare states that in the Indian Ocean on an island called Mauritius there was a very rare bird, perhaps the rarest of all ________, called the Mauritius Kestrel.
2. What guide did Adams and Carwardine expect to have in the chapter Here Be Chickens?
3. ________, a vast tract of mountainous terrain that occupies the southwest corner of South Island, ________, is one of the most astounding pieces of land anywhere on God's earth, according to Douglas Adams.
4. Adams explains that when you spend time on islands with naturalists, you will tend to hear two words frequently. To what two words does Adams refer?
5. Adams expresses that if you took the whole of ________, scrunched it up a bit, shook out all the moose and reindeer, hurled it ten thousand miles around the world, and filled it with birds, then you'd be wasting your time, because it looks as if someone has already done it.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)