|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Green Chair," which one of her teachers does Maggie see when she is in the woods?
2. In "The Green Chair," what does Maggie dream?
3. In "Wishing Well," what does Romeo use to make a soup?
4. In "The Green Chair," what is LaRose making?
5. In "Romeo and Landreaux," what is Romeo's best academic subject?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Letters," where does Hollis go for his birthday and what does he do there?
2. What does Hollis say and think about Josette's garden that she plants in "The Powers"?
3. In "The Green Chair," why does Father Travis say that he has quit trying to convert Romeo?
4. In "Romeo and Landreaux," how does an old woman help the boys?
5. In "Romeo and Landreaux," what becomes the boys routine after they get to Minneapolis?
6. In "Old Story 2," how does LaRose get even with the four boys who hurt Maggie, and what do the boys think about him?
7. In "The Letters," who does LaRose see after he falls asleep by the tree where Dusty died?
8. In "Romeo and Landreaux," how is Romeo hurt?
9. During parent-teacher conferences, what does Mr. Hoseel say about Maggie?
10. In "The Powers," how does Landreaux make a pipe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Two of the LaRoses went to boarding school as did Landreaux and other characters in the novel. What are the good and bad influences of boarding schools on characters who attended them?
Essay Topic 2
Maggie, LaRose, and Romeo all seek revenge. What motivates each of these characters to seek revenge? Would any of these characters seem to be justified in seeking revenge? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Sections of the novel can be classified as realistic fiction, and other sections can be classified as historical fiction. Which sections of the novel would be classified as realistic fiction and which as historical fiction? Why would these sections have these classifications?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)