• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Erdrich, Louise. LaRose. Harper Collins, 2016. First Edition."
• In the section “Two Houses: 1999-2000,” the chapter “The Door” introduces Landreaux.
• He is a devout Catholic and Ojibwe Indian who works as a physical therapy assistant, personal care assistant, and who is training as a dialysis technician.
• He goes hunting for a buck he has been watching for some time.
• Landreaux is married to Emmaline, who is even more devout then he is.
• They have five children: Hollis, Snow, Josette, Willard (nicknamed “Coochy”), and LaRose.
• LaRose is friends with Dusty Ravich, whose family lives nearby.
• There has been a LaRose in Emmaline’s family for generations.
• Landreaux shoots at the buck, but it moves.
• It hits something, and he realizes that he has killed Dusty Ravich, who was wearing all tan and standing behind the...
This section contains 5,722 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)