|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this trip south take Langston?
(a) To famous theaters.
(b) To unversities and concert halls.
(c) To colleges, high schools, and local meeting places.
(d) To community centers and high schools.
2. What does Mrs. Bethune ask Langston to do for her students?
(a) Write a poem about them.
(b) Teach them a poetry lesson.
(c) Read some of his poetry to them.
(d) Encourage them to be writers.
3. Does Langston read his poetry at this luncheon?
(a) Some of it.
(c) Just one poem.
4. What do Langston and Zell Ingram, a friend from Cleveland, decide to do?
(a) Travel to California.
(b) Travel to the South.
(c) Travel to Asia.
(d) Travel to Paris.
5. How does Hughes become involved with anti-war campaigns?
(a) Advertisements for the radio.
(b) Writing and handing out pamphlets to the public.
(c) Speaking to people at rallies.
(d) Writing advertisements for billboards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the theater in Los Angeles?
2. While in Baton Rouge, what does Langston visit?
3. How does Langston decide to use his pay from the film?
4. After they return to New York City, what does Langston begin planning?
5. How does Fisk College reward Hughes for reading his poems at their college?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)