|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what language are Langston's poems translated?
2. Who does Simple represent?
(a) The average African American trying to make it in a white society.
(c) The famous black Americans.
(d) The members of the Black Renaissance.
3. What does Hughes do when he returns to Moscow?
(a) He writes and sells articles about his travels in Russia.
(b) He learns Russian.
(c) He meets with another movie producer to discuss creating a film about his experiences in Russia.
(d) He waits for his permit to leave.
4. Where does Hughes live in Barcelona?
(a) In a tiny, quiet village.
(b) Far from the fighting.
(c) Near the front line.
(d) In a resort.
5. What does this group of individuals decide to create?
(a) A black theater called the Apollo Theatre.
(b) A black university called New Negro College.
(c) A black academy called the Renaissance Academy.
(d) A black magazine of the arts called Fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
2. How does Hughes become involved with anti-war campaigns?
3. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
4. Where does Langston continue to submit plays?
5. When do Langston and his friend set off for the South?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)