|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
(c) New York.
2. Does Langston read his poetry at this luncheon?
(c) Some of it.
(d) Just one poem.
3. What do Langston and Zell Ingram, a friend from Cleveland, decide to do?
(a) Travel to Asia.
(b) Travel to the South.
(c) Travel to California.
(d) Travel to Paris.
4. Where does Noel Sullivan, an old friend of Hughes', put him up?
(a) In a villa in Spain.
(b) In a townhouse in San Francisco.
(c) In an apartment in Manhattan.
(d) In a cottage in Carmel, California.
5. With what difficult position is Langston posed?
(a) Not having time to write all that he wishes to write.
(b) Wanting to write but needing to make money.
(c) Teaching in a school in which he does not want to be.
(d) Writing material he has no interest in writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the founder of Bethune-Cookman?
2. About what is Hughes to report?
3. Why are Hughes and the crew sent to Odessa?
4. Why does Hughes ask for a loan from Knopf, his publisher?
5. Why do Lucas and Hughes spend most of their evenings as guests in black households?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)