Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hughes do before leaving for Paris?
(a) He visits the South one last time.
(b) He fills out his will.
(c) He writes an article about preparing to leave.
(d) He says goodbye to his familly.
2. When do Langston and his friend set off for the South?
(a) October of 1921.
(b) October of 1931.
(c) October of 1941.
(d) October of 1951.
3. Who does Simple represent?
(a) The average African American trying to make it in a white society.
(b) The famous black Americans.
(d) The members of the Black Renaissance.
4. What does Hughes purchase?
(a) A bus.
(b) A plane.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A van.
5. What does Mrs. Bethune ask Langston to do for her students?
(a) Teach them a poetry lesson.
(b) Encourage them to be writers.
(c) Read some of his poetry to them.
(d) Write a poem about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In New Orleans, what job does Hughes take?
2. Into what language are Langston's poems translated?
3. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
4. How does Langston decide to use his pay from the film?
5. What is the name of the theater in Los Angeles?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)