|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hughes find the script, which was written by a Russian?
(a) To be a highly inaccurate portrayal of Russia.
(b) To be a highly inaccurate portrayal of America.
(c) To be a highly accurate portrayal of Russia.
(d) To be a highly accurate portrayal of America.
2. How does Fisk College reward Hughes for reading his poems at their college?
(a) With an article in the local paper.
(b) With a thank you dinner.
(c) With free college tuition.
(d) In a large fee.
3. With what is Hughes' poetry often infused?
(a) African American propaganda.
(b) Communist propaganda.
(c) Political or religious propaganda.
(d) Anti-American propaganda.
4. Who does Simple represent?
(b) The members of the Black Renaissance.
(c) The average African American trying to make it in a white society.
(d) The famous black Americans.
5. Is Langston interested in teaching after he has graduated college?
(a) A little.
(c) At first.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
2. Where does Noel Sullivan, an old friend of Hughes', put him up?
3. How does Hughes become involved with anti-war campaigns?
4. Where does Langston say he met a man named Simple?
5. Where does Hughes live in Barcelona?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)