|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) In Chicago, Illinois.
(c) In Lincoln, Illinois.
(d) In Washington, DC.
2. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
3. Who are among Langston's classmates?
(a) Etheridge Knight and Cab Calloway.
(b) Alice Walker and Etheridge Knight.
(c) Thurgood Marshall and Alice Walker.
(d) Cab Calloway and Thurgood Marshall.
4. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
(a) He wants to steal medical supplies.
(b) To watch students dissect cadavers.
(c) He wants to be a doctor.
(d) He needs a doctor.
5. How are his first few months in this city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hughes do with the books?
2. What happens when Langston is a junior in high school?
3. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
4. In what activity is Hughes involved?
5. What does Langston do when he hears how much his food will cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Langston do, now that he has become interested in social issues?
2. In what literature is Langston interested at this time?
3. Who is Jesse B. Simple?
4. Why does Langston return to Mexico for the summer?
5. What does Langston do upon returning to the United States?
6. How does Langston get the opportunity to travel to Africa? What does he do, as he travels across the ocean?
7. How is Langston's father's mind changed, regarding his collegiate studies?
8. How does Langston end up meeting the editors of The Crisis?
9. How does Langston become involved in school activities at Central High School?
10. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)