|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He will buy him a new car.
(b) He offers to pay his way.
(c) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(d) He hints at getting full custody.
2. What do the children do one by one?
(a) They approach the altar.
(b) They thank their families and friends for their support.
(c) They read a passage from the Bible.
(d) They sing a solo.
3. How much money does Langston earn from The Crisis?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
4. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He refuses to sing.
(b) He trips and drops the candle.
(c) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(d) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
5. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
2. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
3. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
4. To whom does Mary introduce Hughes?
5. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Langston do, now that he has become interested in social issues?
2. How does Langston become involved in school activities at Central High School?
3. Why does Langston return to Mexico for the summer?
4. How is Langston affected by his father's attitude?
5. What jobs does Langston have while living with the Reeds?
6. How does Langston get the opportunity to travel to Africa? What does he do, as he travels across the ocean?
7. How does Langston feel about attending church with the Reeds?
8. Describe Lincoln.
9. Describe Hughes' family history.
10. How does Langston act on stage at church? What are the reactions of the congregation and his mother?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)