|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
(a) Mary McLeod Bethune.
(b) Maya Angelou.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
2. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
(a) His family moves to New York.
(b) His mother and he move to Mexico City.
(c) He visits his father in Mexico for a summer.
(d) His father joins them in Chicago.
3. Where does Langston attend high school?
(a) Central High School.
(b) North Central High School.
(c) Lawrence Central High School
(d) Central Catholic High School.
4. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
5. Has Langston become interested in writing?
(a) Yes, just recently.
(d) Not yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do that evening?
2. How is Langston treated in Africa?
3. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
4. How are his first few months in this city?
5. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Langston becomes a busboy at the Wardman Park Hotel?
2. Describe Hughes' family history.
3. How does Langston feel about attending church with the Reeds?
4. How is Langston, again, affected by racism, on his train ride home from Mexico?
5. What does Langston do while at Lincoln?
6. What does Langston realize about his father, when he visits him for a summer?
7. What happened to Langston, one day during a revival at the church?
8. Why do Langston's classmates believe he would be a good poet?
9. What happens when Langston's mother performs at church?
10. How is Langston affected by racism at this point in his life?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)