|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
(c) Only a few.
2. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
(a) He is glad he brought them.
(b) He decides they are a part of his past.
(c) They will help him in his journey in Africa.
(d) They will be a part of his new life.
3. What would Langston rather read?
(a) Science fiction.
(d) Historical fiction.
4. Of what is Langston in search when he returns to New York?
(a) Another sailing vessel.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A job.
(d) A theater for which to write.
5. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Hughes become interested?
2. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
3. What do the children do one by one?
4. Where is "The Weary Blues" published?
5. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
2. What is Langston's job on the S.S. West Hesseltine?
3. How is Langston affected by racism at this point in his life?
4. How is Langston treated in Africa?
5. How is Langston's father's mind changed, regarding his collegiate studies?
6. How is Langston, again, affected by racism, on his train ride home from Mexico?
7. How does Langston end up meeting the editors of The Crisis?
8. What happened to Langston, one day during a revival at the church?
9. In what literature is Langston interested at this time?
10. What happens to Langston when he goes to a cafeteria with a white friend?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)