|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Move to New York.
(b) Go to Mexico.
(c) Stay with her in Chicago.
(d) Get a job in Cleveland.
2. Who are among Langston's classmates?
(a) Alice Walker and Etheridge Knight.
(b) Thurgood Marshall and Alice Walker.
(c) Etheridge Knight and Cab Calloway.
(d) Cab Calloway and Thurgood Marshall.
3. What does Langston do when he hears how much his food will cost?
(a) He storms out of the cafeteria.
(b) He leaves his food at the counter and sits down to watch his friend eat.
(c) He throws his food at the server.
(d) He eats it anyway and does not pay.
4. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Chicago, Illinois.
(b) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) In Washington, DC.
(d) In Lincoln, Illinois.
5. What is the S.S. West Hesseltine?
(a) A sailboat headed to Africa.
(b) A private yacht headed to Africa.
(c) A cruise ship headed to Africa.
(d) A freighter headed to Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
2. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
3. What does Langston do at this revival?
4. What do the children do one by one?
5. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What jobs does Langston have while living with the Reeds?
2. What takes place during Langston's senior year?
3. How does Langston get the opportunity to travel to Africa? What does he do, as he travels across the ocean?
4. What happened to Langston, one day during a revival at the church?
5. What happens when Langston becomes a busboy at the Wardman Park Hotel?
6. Why does Langston travel to McKeesport, Pennsylvania?
7. What is Langston's job on the S.S. West Hesseltine?
8. What influences exist in Langston's life at this point?
9. What does Langston realize about his father, when he visits him for a summer?
10. How is Langston affected by his father's attitude?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)