|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lincoln?
(a) A liberal arts college.
(b) A college that accepts many black students.
(c) A prestigious school for blacks.
(d) A public university for black students.
2. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) Joplin, Mississippi.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) New York, New York.
3. Why do the children do this?
(a) They want to be professional singers.
(b) They claim to be saved.
(c) Their families bring them to church every Sunday.
(d) They want to assist with the service.
4. Has Langston become interested in writing?
(b) Yes, just recently.
(d) Not yet.
5. In what does Hughes become interested?
(a) Social issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will Langston be joining?
2. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
3. Who takes Langston in?
4. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
5. What does Hughes do with the books?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Langston become involved in school activities at Central High School?
2. How do Langston and his father get into an argument?
3. What influences exist in Langston's life at this point?
4. What is Langston's job on the S.S. West Hesseltine?
5. How is Langston, yet again, faced with prejudice?
6. What happens when Langston becomes a busboy at the Wardman Park Hotel?
7. Describe Hughes' family history.
8. What does Langston do while at Lincoln?
9. How is Langston, again, affected by racism, on his train ride home from Mexico?
10. How is Langston affected by racism at this point in his life?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)