|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
(a) Because the fear of Communism has spread like wildfire.
(b) Because of the violence against blacks that ensues in the post war environment.
(c) Because the summer has record high temperatures.
(d) Because many Chinese are moving to the country.
2. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(b) He trips and drops the candle.
(c) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
(d) He refuses to sing.
3. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
(a) Eight dollars and sixty-five cents.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Forty-five cents.
(d) Two dollars.
4. When does Langston's mother send for him?
(a) When he is eight.
(b) When he is ten.
(c) When he is twelve.
(d) When he is fourteen.
5. Where does Langston attend high school?
(a) North Central High School.
(b) Central High School.
(c) Central Catholic High School.
(d) Lawrence Central High School
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Langston finish college at Columbia?
2. Of what is Langston an active member?
3. Who are among Langston's classmates?
4. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
5. What does Langston find to still be prevalent when he visits his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Langston treated in Africa?
2. What influences exist in Langston's life at this point?
3. Describe Langston's father.
4. Describe Langston's experience in Paris.
5. How is Langston's father's mind changed, regarding his collegiate studies?
6. How is Langston affected by his father's attitude?
7. What does Langston realize about his father, when he visits him for a summer?
8. What happens when Langston becomes a busboy at the Wardman Park Hotel?
9. How does Langston end up meeting the editors of The Crisis?
10. What takes place during Langston's senior year?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)