Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, Wandering
1. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
2. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
3. Describe Hughes' family history.
4. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
5. Where is Langston Hughes born?
6. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
The Harrison Street School.
7. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
His mother and he move to Mexico City.
8. How is Mary Langston a proud woman?
She refuses to cook, clean, or wash for rich white families.
9. How does Mary make her living?
By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
10. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
Booker T. Washington.
11. To whom does Mary introduce...
This section contains 2,479 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)