|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, Simple Speaks His Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lincoln known as the "black Princeton?"
(a) Many of the white faculty had gone to Princeton.
(b) The courses are similar to those at Princeton.
(c) Many of the black students would later attend graduate school at Princeton.
(d) Many of the black faculty had gone to Princeton.
2. The result of Hughes' time spent writing in this place is what?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A book of short stories.
(c) A play.
(d) An autobiography.
3. What does Mrs. Bethune ask Langston to do for her students?
(a) Teach them a poetry lesson.
(b) Write a poem about them.
(c) Read some of his poetry to them.
(d) Encourage them to be writers.
4. To whom is "Tomorrow's Seed" dedicated?
(a) To the American soldiers he meets.
(b) To Pablo Picasso and his work in Spain.
(c) To the people of Spain.
(d) To the Fascists.
5. How are his first few months in this city?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Hughes to report?
2. How does Mary make her living?
3. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
4. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
5. How is Langston employed on a freighter?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)