|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, Simple Speaks His Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does he spend his money?
(a) College courses.
(b) The theater and a train ticket to Washington.
(c) A train ticket for his mother to come visit.
2. Has Langston become interested in writing?
(a) Not yet.
(c) Yes, just recently.
3. What does Hughes do with the books?
(a) He gives them away.
(b) He puts them in a crate.
(c) He throws them into the sea.
(d) He rereads them.
4. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
5. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
(b) He trips and drops the candle.
(c) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(d) He refuses to sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Langston decide to use his pay from the film?
2. Who gives Langston a thousand dollar grant?
3. About what is Hughes to report?
4. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
5. Does Langston read his poetry at this luncheon?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)