|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, Simple Speaks His Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children do this?
(a) They want to be professional singers.
(b) They claim to be saved.
(c) They want to assist with the service.
(d) Their families bring them to church every Sunday.
2. In what community center does Langston become involved?
(a) The Croswell.
(b) The Huron Playhouse.
(c) The Karamu House.
(d) The Carousel.
3. Who is Aimie Semple McPherson?
(a) A politician.
(b) An evangelist.
(c) A Communist.
(d) A housewife.
4. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
5. That spring, where is Langston invited to spend the summer?
(a) With his father in Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) With his father in Toluca, Mexico.
(c) With his stepfather in Chicago, Illinois.
(d) With his father in Memphis, Tennessee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Barcelona, right before Langston arrives?
2. What do the children do one by one?
3. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
4. Describe Hughes' family history.
5. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)