|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, Simple Speaks His Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
(a) To Memphis for blues music.
(b) To Chicago for musical performances.
(c) To Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
(d) To Mexico City for the bullfights.
2. Why do Lucas and Hughes spend most of their evenings as guests in black households?
(a) They are often unwelcome in hotels.
(b) They do not trust white people.
(c) They are welcomed by the communities they visit.
(d) They do not feel comfortable staying in hotels.
3. Where does the incident occur where the colored teachers of a school were told they'd be fired if Hughes, an assumed Communist, read his poetry?
(a) Hammond, Indiana.
(b) Indianapolis, Indiana.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Gary, Indiana.
4. How does Fisk College reward Hughes for reading his poems at their college?
(a) With an article in the local paper.
(b) With free college tuition.
(c) In a large fee.
(d) With a thank you dinner.
5. Who gives Langston a thousand dollar grant?
(a) The Rosenwood Fund.
(b) His father.
(c) The member of the Black Renaissance.
(d) Mary McLeod Bethune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is "The Weary Blues" published?
2. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
3. Does Langston read his poetry at this luncheon?
4. Who is Langston's only friend at Columbia?
5. Who takes Langston in?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)