|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, Simple Speaks His Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lincoln known as the "black Princeton?"
(a) The courses are similar to those at Princeton.
(b) Many of the white faculty had gone to Princeton.
(c) Many of the black students would later attend graduate school at Princeton.
(d) Many of the black faculty had gone to Princeton.
2. What would Langston rather read?
(b) Historical fiction.
(d) Science fiction.
3. How does Hughes become involved with anti-war campaigns?
(a) Advertisements for the radio.
(b) Writing advertisements for billboards.
(c) Writing and handing out pamphlets to the public.
(d) Speaking to people at rallies.
4. What job does Langston have on his first ship?
(a) He serves the captain.
(b) He is a cook.
(c) He works in the engine room.
(d) He is a mess boy.
5. How does Langston decide to use his pay from the film?
(a) To travel to Paris.
(b) To travel through Asia.
(c) To visit his friends in Cleveland.
(d) To travel to Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Has Langston become interested in writing?
2. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
3. How does this person feel about Langston's poem, "Goodbye Christ?"
4. How does Langston know this influential woman?
5. When Langston has had enough of the ocean and asked for his pay, where does he travel?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)