|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, Simple Speaks His Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Hughes and the crew sent to Odessa?
(a) In order to film shots that resemble the Russian countryside.
(b) In order to film shots that show villagers working in the fields.
(c) In order to film some footage of a southern town.
(d) In order to film some cotton-picking scenes.
2. How does Langston help this family?
(a) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(b) By tutoring their children.
(c) By cooking and cleaning.
(d) By branding the cattle.
3. As what is Langston's mother employed?
(a) A nanny.
(b) A cook.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A maid.
4. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
5. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(b) He writes a letter to his mother.
(c) He thinks about his life.
(d) He begins his autobiography.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is "Tomorrow's Seed" dedicated?
2. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
3. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
4. What does Langston's father say about American blacks and Mexicans?
5. What does Langston do at this revival?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)