|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, Simple Speaks His Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston attend high school?
(a) Central High School.
(b) Central Catholic High School.
(c) North Central High School.
(d) Lawrence Central High School
2. What courses does Hughes take?
(a) Literature and theater.
(b) Music and literature.
(c) Education and literature.
(d) Theater and music.
3. Where does Langston enjoy watching Saturday football games?
(a) On television.
(b) At the Kansas State University.
(c) At his high school.
(d) At the University of Kansas.
4. Where does the incident occur where the colored teachers of a school were told they'd be fired if Hughes, an assumed Communist, read his poetry?
(a) Gary, Indiana.
(b) Indianapolis, Indiana.
(c) Hammond, Indiana.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
5. With what is Hughes' poetry often infused?
(a) African American propaganda.
(b) Communist propaganda.
(c) Anti-American propaganda.
(d) Political or religious propaganda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
2. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
3. What is Hughes pleased to find about Africa?
4. Why does Langston soon come down with the 'blues?'
5. Who is Jesse B. Simple?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)