|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, Simple Speaks His Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston think about his father?
(a) He misses him.
(b) He should write to him soon.
(c) He wonders what he is up to.
(d) He never wants to see him again.
2. Who takes Langston in?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The DeVanes.
(c) The Reeds.
(d) The Campbells.
3. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
(a) Babysit her children.
(b) Clean the house every Saturday.
(c) Read every night.
(d) Go to church every Sunday.
4. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
5. After they return to New York City, what does Langston begin planning?
(a) Another job on a ship.
(b) A poetry-reading tour.
(c) A tour in Asia.
(d) A trip to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston's father say about American blacks and Mexicans?
2. How does Langston know this influential woman?
3. To whom is "Tomorrow's Seed" dedicated?
4. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
5. Why does Langston soon come down with the 'blues?'
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)