|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, Simple Speaks His Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
2. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
(a) She moves to Alabama.
(b) She moves to Chicago.
(c) She moves to New York.
(d) She moves to Washington.
3. How does Langston know this influential woman?
(a) She sponsors the Garden Club to which Hughes belongs.
(b) She is his English teacher.
(c) She is his mother's employer.
(d) She is his neighbor.
4. What courses does Hughes take?
(a) Literature and theater.
(b) Theater and music.
(c) Music and literature.
(d) Education and literature.
5. What has happened to Barcelona, right before Langston arrives?
(a) It has been bombed by the the British.
(b) It is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
(c) It is bombed by German and Italian aircraft.
(d) It has become a territory of Nazi Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Woodson?
2. Why does Langston purchase a new suit and coat and travel to McKeesport, Pennsylvania?
3. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
4. What does Langston think about his father?
5. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)