|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, Simple Speaks His Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
2. With what difficult position is Langston posed?
(a) Writing material he has no interest in writing.
(b) Not having time to write all that he wishes to write.
(c) Teaching in a school in which he does not want to be.
(d) Wanting to write but needing to make money.
3. For how long does "Don't You Want to Be Free?" run?
(a) Two hundred and twenty-five consecutive performances.
(b) Nintey-five consecutive performances.
(c) One hundred and fifteen consecutive performances.
(d) One hundred and thirty-five consecutive performances.
4. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
(a) Mulatto and A House in Taos.
(b) A House in Taos and Not Without Laughter.
(c) Prodigal Son and Mulatto.
(d) Prodigal Son and Not Without Laughter.
5. What does Langston learn about his father?
(a) He is a caring, loving man.
(b) He is a stern, quiet man.
(c) He is an artistic, intelligent man.
(d) He is a cold man, who only cares about making money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do at this revival?
2. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
3. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
4. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
5. How do Langston's plays become more socially relevant?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)