|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, Simple Speaks His Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston think about his father?
(a) He wonders what he is up to.
(b) He never wants to see him again.
(c) He should write to him soon.
(d) He misses him.
2. Whose poems does Langston like?
(a) Only George Barker and Thomas Campbell.
(b) Only Alan Davies and Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(c) Only Richard Aldington and James Alexander Allan.
(d) Only Longellow and Paul Laurence Dunbar.
3. The result of Hughes' time spent writing in this place is what?
(a) A book of short stories.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A play.
(d) An autobiography.
4. In what community center does Langston become involved?
(a) The Huron Playhouse.
(b) The Croswell.
(c) The Carousel.
(d) The Karamu House.
5. What does Langston's mother write?
(a) Sermons for church.
(d) Verse for church programs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do one by one?
2. How is Langston treated in Africa?
3. Who does Langston meet in Ashkhabad?
4. Who does Langston take with him when he meets the editors of The Crisis?
5. In what activity is Hughes involved?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)