|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, Simple Speaks His Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Langston's mother send for him?
(a) When he is eight.
(b) When he is twelve.
(c) When he is fourteen.
(d) When he is ten.
2. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He thinks about his life.
(b) He begins his autobiography.
(c) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(d) He writes a letter to his mother.
3. The result of Hughes' time spent writing in this place is what?
(a) An autobiography.
(b) A play.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) A book of short stories.
4. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) Joplin, Mississippi.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
5. In the spring of 1937 for whom does Hughes travel to Spain as a correspondent?
(a) The Baltimore, a Baltimore based publication.
(b) The African American, a Baltimore based publication.
(c) Time, a New York based publication.
(d) The Crisis, a New York based publication.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poems does Langston like?
2. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
3. Of what is Langston in search when he returns to New York?
4. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
5. What does Hughes do with the books?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)