|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children do one by one?
(a) They sing a solo.
(b) They read a passage from the Bible.
(c) They thank their families and friends for their support.
(d) They approach the altar.
2. As what is Langston's mother employed?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A nanny.
(c) A cook.
(d) A maid.
3. Where does Hughes live in Barcelona?
(a) In a resort.
(b) In a tiny, quiet village.
(c) Near the front line.
(d) Far from the fighting.
4. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
(a) He is given a key to a small, closet-sized room.
(b) He is given a key and a roommate.
(c) He is told that he will be staying off campus.
(d) He is told that blacks are not allowed in the dormitories.
5. Who takes Langston in?
(a) The Reeds.
(b) The DeVanes.
(c) The Smiths.
(d) The Campbells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
2. What does he do during this activity?
3. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
4. On what does he spend his money?
5. In what community center does Langston become involved?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)