|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bethune ask Langston to do for her students?
(a) Encourage them to be writers.
(b) Read some of his poetry to them.
(c) Write a poem about them.
(d) Teach them a poetry lesson.
2. What is Lincoln?
(a) A prestigious school for blacks.
(b) A college that accepts many black students.
(c) A liberal arts college.
(d) A public university for black students.
3. What courses does Hughes take?
(a) Education and literature.
(b) Literature and theater.
(c) Theater and music.
(d) Music and literature.
4. The result of Hughes' time spent writing in this place is what?
(a) An autobiography.
(b) A book of short stories.
(c) A play.
(d) A book of poetry.
5. In New Orleans, what job does Hughes take?
(a) A job as a petty officer on a freighter traveling to Cuba.
(b) As a petty officer on a freighter to Havana.
(c) As a mess boy on a freighter traveling to Cuba.
(d) A job as a mess boy on a freighter traveling to Havana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
2. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
3. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
4. Does Langston finish college at Columbia?
5. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)