|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Washington, DC.
(b) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) In Lincoln, Illinois.
(d) In Chicago, Illinois.
2. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
(a) Maya Angelou.
(b) Mary McLeod Bethune.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. Why are Hughes and the crew sent to Odessa?
(a) In order to film shots that show villagers working in the fields.
(b) In order to film some footage of a southern town.
(c) In order to film shots that resemble the Russian countryside.
(d) In order to film some cotton-picking scenes.
4. Of what is Langston an active member?
(a) The debate team.
(b) The basketball team.
(c) Several teams and clubs.
(d) The Spanish Club.
5. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
(a) He returns to the United States.
(b) He stays in Mexico.
(c) He visits friends in Paris.
(d) He attends Columbia University.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
2. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
3. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
4. Who are among Langston's classmates?
5. Why does Langston become depressed?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)