|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Langston in search when he returns to New York?
(a) An apartment.
(b) Another sailing vessel.
(c) A theater for which to write.
(d) A job.
2. What does Hughes do with the books?
(a) He throws them into the sea.
(b) He gives them away.
(c) He puts them in a crate.
(d) He rereads them.
3. On what does he spend his money?
(b) The theater and a train ticket to Washington.
(c) College courses.
(d) A train ticket for his mother to come visit.
4. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
(a) The Harrison Street School.
(b) Poly Preparatory School.
(c) Indian Creek School.
(d) Berkeley-Carroll School.
5. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It closes after only one performance.
(b) It has a small amount of success.
(c) It is very successful.
(d) It is never seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
2. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
3. What does Langston do that evening?
4. What happens when Hughes wakes the next morning?
5. How does Langston decide to use his pay from the film?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)