|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston know this influential woman?
(a) She is his English teacher.
(b) She is his neighbor.
(c) She sponsors the Garden Club to which Hughes belongs.
(d) She is his mother's employer.
2. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
(a) In Fire.
(b) In Columbia University's paper.
(c) In the Black Renaissance.
(d) In The Crisis.
3. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
(a) At Karamu.
(b) At the Wintergarden.
(c) At Footlite.
(d) At the Croswell.
4. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
(a) Forty-five cents.
(b) Eight dollars and sixty-five cents.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Two dollars.
5. In New Orleans, what job does Hughes take?
(a) As a petty officer on a freighter to Havana.
(b) A job as a mess boy on a freighter traveling to Havana.
(c) A job as a petty officer on a freighter traveling to Cuba.
(d) As a mess boy on a freighter traveling to Cuba.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
2. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
3. What does Hughes purchase?
4. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
5. To whom is "Tomorrow's Seed" dedicated?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)