|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He stays at home.
(c) He begins watching movies at the opera house.
(d) He complains to the management.
2. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
(a) Clean the house every Saturday.
(b) Babysit her children.
(c) Go to church every Sunday.
(d) Read every night.
3. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(b) He writes a letter to his mother.
(c) He thinks about his life.
(d) He begins his autobiography.
4. What is Lincoln?
(a) A public university for black students.
(b) A college that accepts many black students.
(c) A liberal arts college.
(d) A prestigious school for blacks.
5. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
(a) He makes many friends.
(b) His father is around most of the time.
(c) His father encourages him to write.
(d) His father is rarely around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hughes do when he returns to Moscow?
2. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
3. Why does Langston purchase a new suit and coat and travel to McKeesport, Pennsylvania?
4. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
5. When does Langston's mother send for him?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)