|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what language are Langston's poems translated?
2. What does Langston learn about his father?
(a) He is a cold man, who only cares about making money.
(b) He is a stern, quiet man.
(c) He is a caring, loving man.
(d) He is an artistic, intelligent man.
3. Where is "The Weary Blues" published?
(a) In the Nice News.
(b) In the Paris Gazette.
(c) In the London Times.
(d) In the Amsterdam News.
4. How does Langston know this influential woman?
(a) She is his mother's employer.
(b) She is his English teacher.
(c) She sponsors the Garden Club to which Hughes belongs.
(d) She is his neighbor.
5. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
2. How much success does Langston have with these submissions?
3. Of what is Langston an active member?
4. What happens when Langston is a junior in high school?
5. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)