|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Woodson?
(a) A famous author of sociology.
(b) His mother's physician.
(c) Founder of the association for the Study of Negro Life and History.
(d) A professor at Lincoln.
2. Why do the children do this?
(a) They want to assist with the service.
(b) Their families bring them to church every Sunday.
(c) They claim to be saved.
(d) They want to be professional singers.
3. Where does Hughes live in Barcelona?
(a) Near the front line.
(b) In a resort.
(c) Far from the fighting.
(d) In a tiny, quiet village.
4. What is Hughes pleased to find about Africa?
(a) It is not as primitive as the movies had portrayed.
(b) It is as primitive as he expected.
(c) He feels welcome.
(d) The people are kind.
5. What happens when Langston is a junior in high school?
(a) Langston's mother and father reunite in Mexico.
(b) Langston's mother and stepfather have another child.
(c) Langston's mother and father get remarried.
(d) Langston's mother and his stepfather reunite in Cleveland.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
2. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
3. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
4. What does Langston think about his father?
5. What has Langston's mother just done?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)