|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
2. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
(a) His mother and he move to Mexico City.
(b) He visits his father in Mexico for a summer.
(c) His father joins them in Chicago.
(d) His family moves to New York.
3. Where are Hughes' plays performed?
(a) At Karamu.
(b) At Footlite.
(c) At the Wintergarden.
(d) At the Croswell.
4. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He joins the track team.
(b) He becomes class president.
(c) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
(d) He is prom king.
5. How does Langston know this influential woman?
(a) She is his neighbor.
(b) She is his mother's employer.
(c) She sponsors the Garden Club to which Hughes belongs.
(d) She is his English teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spring of 1937 for whom does Hughes travel to Spain as a correspondent?
2. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
3. How does Mary make her living?
4. What do the children do one by one?
5. Why do the children do this?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)