|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during a revival?
(a) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(b) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
(c) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
(d) The children of the congregation are baptized.
2. About what is Hughes to report?
(a) The roles of American soldiers in the war in Spain.
(b) The roles of Americcan soldiers in World War II.
(c) African Americans and their role in the war in Spain.
(d) African Americans and their role in World War II.
3. When Langston has had enough of the ocean and asked for his pay, where does he travel?
(b) Los Angeles.
4. What do Langston and Zell Ingram, a friend from Cleveland, decide to do?
(a) Travel to Asia.
(b) Travel to Paris.
(c) Travel to California.
(d) Travel to the South.
5. What does Langston's mother write?
(b) Verse for church programs.
(c) Sermons for church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what language are Langston's poems translated?
2. How are his first few months in this city?
3. After they return to New York City, what does Langston begin planning?
4. To where do Langston and his mother move back?
5. Describe Hughes' family history.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)