|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What courses does Hughes take?
(a) Music and literature.
(b) Education and literature.
(c) Theater and music.
(d) Literature and theater.
2. What happens during a revival?
(a) The children of the congregation are baptized.
(b) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
(c) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(d) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
3. Who is Langston's only friend at Columbia?
4. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
(a) She moves to Washington.
(b) She moves to Alabama.
(c) She moves to Chicago.
(d) She moves to New York.
5. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Joplin, Mississippi.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Cleveland, Ohio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Hughes wakes the next morning?
2. In what community center does Langston become involved?
3. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
4. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
5. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)