|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
2. How is Langston treated in Africa?
(a) He is warmly welcomed.
(b) He is treated as an African.
(c) He is mistreated because he is American.
(d) He is discriminated against.
3. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
(a) Indian Creek School.
(b) Poly Preparatory School.
(c) The Harrison Street School.
(d) Berkeley-Carroll School.
4. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
(a) Francis Scott Key.
(b) Kole Black.
(c) Frances Quarles.
(d) Sterling A. Brown.
5. How does Langston decide to use his pay from the film?
(a) To travel to Russia.
(b) To visit his friends in Cleveland.
(c) To travel through Asia.
(d) To travel to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Barcelona, right before Langston arrives?
2. What does Langston's mother write?
3. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
4. How does Hughes find the script, which was written by a Russian?
5. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)