|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hughes find the script, which was written by a Russian?
(a) To be a highly inaccurate portrayal of America.
(b) To be a highly accurate portrayal of America.
(c) To be a highly inaccurate portrayal of Russia.
(d) To be a highly accurate portrayal of Russia.
2. In what activity is Hughes involved?
(a) The school band.
(b) The school paper.
(c) The school Communist organization.
(d) The school basketball team.
3. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
(a) He stays at home.
(b) He complains to the management.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He begins watching movies at the opera house.
4. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He becomes class president.
(b) He joins the track team.
(c) He is prom king.
(d) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
5. Of what is Langston in search when he returns to New York?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A job.
(c) A theater for which to write.
(d) Another sailing vessel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do at this revival?
2. Where does Noel Sullivan, an old friend of Hughes', put him up?
3. Why does Langston become depressed?
4. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
5. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)