|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
(a) With negative reviews.
(b) With positive reviews.
(c) With hostile reviews.
(d) With mixed reviews.
2. In New Orleans, what job does Hughes take?
(a) A job as a petty officer on a freighter traveling to Cuba.
(b) A job as a mess boy on a freighter traveling to Havana.
(c) As a petty officer on a freighter to Havana.
(d) As a mess boy on a freighter traveling to Cuba.
3. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Go to Mexico.
(b) Stay with her in Chicago.
(c) Move to New York.
(d) Get a job in Cleveland.
4. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
(a) He visits his father in Mexico for a summer.
(b) His family moves to New York.
(c) His father joins them in Chicago.
(d) His mother and he move to Mexico City.
5. What does Langston's father say about American blacks and Mexicans?
(a) They should be given equality.
(b) They should all move to Mexico.
(c) They are lazy and foolish.
(d) He can relate to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what activity is Hughes involved?
2. How is Langston treated in Africa?
3. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
4. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
5. During this time he meets with many important literary figures of what movement?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)