|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
(a) Mary McLeod Bethune.
(b) Maya Angelou.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Booker T. Washington.
2. What does Hughes purchase?
(a) A bus.
(b) A plane.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A van.
3. Where does Langston stay the following summer in order to complete his first novel?
(a) Carmel, California.
(b) New York City.
(c) On Lincoln's campus.
4. What does this group of individuals decide to create?
(a) A black theater called the Apollo Theatre.
(b) A black university called New Negro College.
(c) A black magazine of the arts called Fire.
(d) A black academy called the Renaissance Academy.
5. How does Hughes become involved with anti-war campaigns?
(a) Speaking to people at rallies.
(b) Advertisements for the radio.
(c) Writing and handing out pamphlets to the public.
(d) Writing advertisements for billboards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
2. What does Hughes do before leaving for Paris?
3. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
4. What does Langston do at this revival?
5. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)