|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Langston has had enough of the ocean and asked for his pay, where does he travel?
(b) Los Angeles.
2. Where does Langston stay the following summer in order to complete his first novel?
(a) On Lincoln's campus.
(b) New York City.
(c) Carmel, California.
3. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Lincoln, Illinois.
(b) In Chicago, Illinois.
(c) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) In Washington, DC.
4. What do the children do one by one?
(a) They thank their families and friends for their support.
(b) They read a passage from the Bible.
(c) They approach the altar.
(d) They sing a solo.
5. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Langston interested in teaching after he has graduated college?
2. Where does this trip south take Langston?
3. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
4. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
5. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)