|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
(a) Frances Quarles.
(b) Francis Scott Key.
(c) Sterling A. Brown.
(d) Kole Black.
2. How does Langston know this influential woman?
(a) She is his English teacher.
(b) She sponsors the Garden Club to which Hughes belongs.
(c) She is his neighbor.
(d) She is his mother's employer.
3. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
(a) Poly Preparatory School.
(b) Berkeley-Carroll School.
(c) The Harrison Street School.
(d) Indian Creek School.
4. Where does Noel Sullivan, an old friend of Hughes', put him up?
(a) In an apartment in Manhattan.
(b) In a villa in Spain.
(c) In a cottage in Carmel, California.
(d) In a townhouse in San Francisco.
5. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By reading and writing.
(b) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(c) By working on his autobiography.
(d) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children do this?
2. One day when Langston and a white friend go to a cafeteria for lunch, how much does his friend's meal cost?
3. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
4. In the spring of 1937 for whom does Hughes travel to Spain as a correspondent?
5. What do the children do one by one?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)