|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day when Langston and a white friend go to a cafeteria for lunch, how much does his friend's meal cost?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Eight dollars and sixty-five cents.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Forty-five cents.
2. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
(a) A twenty-year-old sailor.
(b) An old African man.
(c) A sixteen-year-old mulatto boy.
(d) An eighteen-year-old white woman.
3. Who gives Langston a thousand dollar grant?
(a) Mary McLeod Bethune.
(b) His father.
(c) The Rosenwood Fund.
(d) The member of the Black Renaissance.
4. That spring, where is Langston invited to spend the summer?
(a) With his father in Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) With his father in Memphis, Tennessee.
(c) With his stepfather in Chicago, Illinois.
(d) With his father in Toluca, Mexico.
5. How are his first few months in this city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hughes live in Barcelona?
2. What does Langston's father say about American blacks and Mexicans?
3. Is Langston interested in teaching after he has graduated college?
4. After they return to New York City, what does Langston begin planning?
5. How much money does Langston earn from The Crisis?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)