|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
(b) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
(c) By waitressing in a small diner.
(d) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
2. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
(a) A great chance.
(b) No, because he does not want to go to college.
(c) Little chance.
(d) No chance.
3. Where does Langston attend high school?
(a) Central Catholic High School.
(b) Central High School.
(c) Lawrence Central High School
(d) North Central High School.
4. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Washington, DC.
(b) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) In Chicago, Illinois.
(d) In Lincoln, Illinois.
5. How does Langston help this family?
(a) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(b) By cooking and cleaning.
(c) By branding the cattle.
(d) By tutoring their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Langston purchase a new suit and coat and travel to McKeesport, Pennsylvania?
2. Where does Langston enjoy watching Saturday football games?
3. In New Orleans, what job does Hughes take?
4. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
5. When Langston has had enough of the ocean and asked for his pay, where does he travel?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)