|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Go to Mexico.
(b) Move to New York.
(c) Stay with her in Chicago.
(d) Get a job in Cleveland.
2. What does this group of individuals decide to create?
(a) A black university called New Negro College.
(b) A black magazine of the arts called Fire.
(c) A black academy called the Renaissance Academy.
(d) A black theater called the Apollo Theatre.
3. Why do Lucas and Hughes spend most of their evenings as guests in black households?
(a) They are often unwelcome in hotels.
(b) They are welcomed by the communities they visit.
(c) They do not trust white people.
(d) They do not feel comfortable staying in hotels.
4. How is Langston employed on a freighter?
(a) As a a petty officer.
(b) As a sailor.
(c) As a cook.
(d) As a mess boy.
5. Where does Langston attend high school?
(a) Central High School.
(b) Central Catholic High School.
(c) Lawrence Central High School
(d) North Central High School.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
2. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
3. What does Langston think about his father?
4. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
5. During this time he meets with many important literary figures of what movement?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)