|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
(a) An eighteen-year-old white woman.
(b) A twenty-year-old sailor.
(c) An old African man.
(d) A sixteen-year-old mulatto boy.
2. How does Langston help this family?
(a) By cooking and cleaning.
(b) By branding the cattle.
(c) By tutoring their children.
(d) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
3. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
(a) He is told that blacks are not allowed in the dormitories.
(b) He is given a key and a roommate.
(c) He is told that he will be staying off campus.
(d) He is given a key to a small, closet-sized room.
4. Is Langston interested in teaching after he has graduated college?
(a) At first.
(b) A little.
5. With what difficult position is Langston posed?
(a) Teaching in a school in which he does not want to be.
(b) Wanting to write but needing to make money.
(c) Not having time to write all that he wishes to write.
(d) Writing material he has no interest in writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. As what is Langston's mother employed?
2. To whom is "Tomorrow's Seed" dedicated?
3. Why does Langston become depressed?
4. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
5. Of what is Langston an active member?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)