|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
(a) An old African man.
(b) An eighteen-year-old white woman.
(c) A sixteen-year-old mulatto boy.
(d) A twenty-year-old sailor.
2. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Washington, DC.
(b) In Chicago, Illinois.
(c) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) In Lincoln, Illinois.
3. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
4. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It is very successful.
(b) It has a small amount of success.
(c) It closes after only one performance.
(d) It is never seen.
5. What does Hughes do with the books?
(a) He gives them away.
(b) He rereads them.
(c) He throws them into the sea.
(d) He puts them in a crate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during a revival?
2. What does Langston do that evening?
3. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
4. What does he do during this activity?
5. When Langston has had enough of the ocean and asked for his pay, where does he travel?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)