|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
2. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
(a) He wants to be a doctor.
(b) To watch students dissect cadavers.
(c) He needs a doctor.
(d) He wants to steal medical supplies.
3. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
(a) No chance.
(b) Little chance.
(c) No, because he does not want to go to college.
(d) A great chance.
4. In what activity is Hughes involved?
(a) The school basketball team.
(b) The school band.
(c) The school Communist organization.
(d) The school paper.
5. How does Fisk College reward Hughes for reading his poems at their college?
(a) With an article in the local paper.
(b) With a thank you dinner.
(c) With free college tuition.
(d) In a large fee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Langston purchase a new suit and coat and travel to McKeesport, Pennsylvania?
2. What is Hughes' job aboard the S.S. West Hesseltine?
3. What is Hughes pleased to find about Africa?
4. What does Langston think about his job as a doorman at a nightclub?
5. What does Hughes purchase?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)