|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
(a) He decides they are a part of his past.
(b) They will help him in his journey in Africa.
(c) They will be a part of his new life.
(d) He is glad he brought them.
2. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It closes after only one performance.
(b) It has a small amount of success.
(c) It is never seen.
(d) It is very successful.
3. What do Langston and Zell Ingram, a friend from Cleveland, decide to do?
(a) Travel to Asia.
(b) Travel to the South.
(c) Travel to Paris.
(d) Travel to California.
4. What is Hughes' job aboard the S.S. West Hesseltine?
(a) To steer the ship.
(b) To cook for the officers.
(c) To watch over the petty officers' mess and make up their staterooms.
(d) To swab the deck.
5. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Washington, DC.
(b) In Chicago, Illinois.
(c) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) In Lincoln, Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does he spend his money?
2. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
3. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
4. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
5. How does Langston know this influential woman?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)