|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does he spend his money?
(a) The theater and a train ticket to Washington.
(b) A train ticket for his mother to come visit.
(c) College courses.
2. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
(c) The Bronx.
3. Into what language are Langston's poems translated?
4. What does Hughes do with the books?
(a) He throws them into the sea.
(b) He puts them in a crate.
(c) He gives them away.
(d) He rereads them.
5. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
(a) Because the fear of Communism has spread like wildfire.
(b) Because of the violence against blacks that ensues in the post war environment.
(c) Because many Chinese are moving to the country.
(d) Because the summer has record high temperatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hughes do when he returns to Moscow?
2. What courses does Hughes take?
3. What does Hughes purchase?
4. Who is Langston's only friend at Columbia?
5. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)