|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
2. When Fire is finally published at the end of the summer, how is it received?
(a) With mixed reviews.
(b) With positive reviews.
(c) With negative reviews.
(d) With hostile reviews.
3. In New Orleans, what job does Hughes take?
(a) A job as a mess boy on a freighter traveling to Havana.
(b) As a petty officer on a freighter to Havana.
(c) A job as a petty officer on a freighter traveling to Cuba.
(d) As a mess boy on a freighter traveling to Cuba.
4. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
(a) Only a few.
5. What happens during a revival?
(a) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(b) The children of the congregation are baptized.
(c) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
(d) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the founder of Bethune-Cookman?
2. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
3. Where does Langston spend his first evening in New York?
4. What do the children do one by one?
5. During this time he meets with many important literary figures of what movement?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)