|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston find to still be prevalent when he visits his mother?
(c) Open jobs.
(d) Jim Crow laws.
2. What does Langston learn at this community center?
(a) Singing and dancing.
(b) Painting and ceramics.
(d) Drawing and painting.
3. As what is Langston's mother employed?
(a) A cook.
(b) A maid.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A nanny.
4. Where does this trip south take Langston?
(a) To community centers and high schools.
(b) To famous theaters.
(c) To unversities and concert halls.
(d) To colleges, high schools, and local meeting places.
5. What courses does Hughes take?
(a) Theater and music.
(b) Education and literature.
(c) Literature and theater.
(d) Music and literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
2. Where is Langston Hughes born?
3. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
4. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
5. What does Langston receive for "Not Without Laughter?"
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)