|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Langston soon come down with the 'blues?'
(a) He does not have friends in Mexico.
(b) His father is gone most of the time.
(c) He is disgusted by his father's attitude.
(d) He misses his mother.
2. Whose poems does Langston like?
(a) Only George Barker and Thomas Campbell.
(b) Only Alan Davies and Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(c) Only Longellow and Paul Laurence Dunbar.
(d) Only Richard Aldington and James Alexander Allan.
3. What is Hughes pleased to find about Africa?
(a) The people are kind.
(b) He feels welcome.
(c) It is not as primitive as the movies had portrayed.
(d) It is as primitive as he expected.
4. After his first year at Lincoln, where does Hughes rent a room for the summer?
(d) The Bronx.
5. What would Langston rather read?
(a) Science fiction.
(c) Historical fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Langston treated in Africa?
2. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
3. One day when Langston and a white friend go to a cafeteria for lunch, how much does his friend's meal cost?
4. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
5. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)