|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Langston meet in Ashkhabad?
(a) A dancer who becomes his girlfriend.
(b) A reporter named Arthur Koestler.
(c) An actress who is also a writer.
(d) A reporter named Allan Cumming.
2. When does Langston's mother send for him?
(a) When he is ten.
(b) When he is fourteen.
(c) When he is twelve.
(d) When he is eight.
3. Is Langston interested in teaching after he has graduated college?
(a) At first.
(d) A little.
4. What do Langston and Zell Ingram, a friend from Cleveland, decide to do?
(a) Travel to Asia.
(b) Travel to California.
(c) Travel to the South.
(d) Travel to Paris.
5. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston's mother write?
2. What is Lincoln?
3. In what community center does Langston become involved?
4. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
5. How is Langston treated in Africa?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)