|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's father say about American blacks and Mexicans?
(a) He can relate to them.
(b) They are lazy and foolish.
(c) They should all move to Mexico.
(d) They should be given equality.
2. After they return to New York City, what does Langston begin planning?
(a) A poetry-reading tour.
(b) A tour in Asia.
(c) A trip to Paris.
(d) Another job on a ship.
3. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
(a) His best friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) The doctor.
4. While in Baton Rouge, what does Langston visit?
(a) Members of the Black Renaissance.
(b) A prison.
(c) A camp for refugees.
(d) A jazz concert hall.
5. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston wants to be a writer.
(b) Langston wants to be a painter.
(c) Langston does not want to go to college.
(d) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do one by one?
2. Why does Langston purchase a new suit and coat and travel to McKeesport, Pennsylvania?
3. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
4. How does Fisk College reward Hughes for reading his poems at their college?
5. What has Langston's mother just done?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)