|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Langston purchase a new suit and coat and travel to McKeesport, Pennsylvania?
(a) His is doing a poetry reading there.
(b) That is where is stepbrother lives.
(c) He is visiting his father.
(d) That is where his mother and stepfather are living.
2. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
3. Why is Lincoln known as the "black Princeton?"
(a) Many of the white faculty had gone to Princeton.
(b) The courses are similar to those at Princeton.
(c) Many of the black students would later attend graduate school at Princeton.
(d) Many of the black faculty had gone to Princeton.
4. After crossing into the country, why is Langston denied a sleeping car on the train?
(a) He is black.
(b) There are not enough sleeping cars.
(c) He does not have enough money.
(d) He is too young to have a sleeping car.
5. How are his first few months in this city?
Short Answer Questions
1. That spring, where is Langston invited to spend the summer?
2. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
3. Has Langston become interested in writing?
4. In what activity is Hughes involved?
5. What does Langston do that evening?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)