|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Langston become depressed?
(a) Racism he witnesses even in the midst of disaster.
(b) He is treated worse in the south than in the north.
(c) Racism is stronger now than a few years ago.
(d) He is still treated unequally.
2. How does Langston decide to use his pay from the film?
(a) To travel to Paris.
(b) To visit his friends in Cleveland.
(c) To travel through Asia.
(d) To travel to Russia.
3. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It is never seen.
(b) It closes after only one performance.
(c) It has a small amount of success.
(d) It is very successful.
4. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Move to New York.
(b) Go to Mexico.
(c) Get a job in Cleveland.
(d) Stay with her in Chicago.
5. Of what is Langston in search when he returns to New York?
(a) Another sailing vessel.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A theater for which to write.
(d) A job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
2. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
3. What does Langston's mother write?
4. What does Langston receive for "Not Without Laughter?"
5. What does Hughes do when he returns to Moscow?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)