|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
(a) In the Black Renaissance.
(b) In The Crisis.
(c) In Fire.
(d) In Columbia University's paper.
2. What does Hughes do with the books?
(a) He puts them in a crate.
(b) He throws them into the sea.
(c) He gives them away.
(d) He rereads them.
3. What happens during a revival?
(a) The children of the congregation are baptized.
(b) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(c) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
(d) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
4. Why does Langston become depressed?
(a) He is treated worse in the south than in the north.
(b) Racism is stronger now than a few years ago.
(c) Racism he witnesses even in the midst of disaster.
(d) He is still treated unequally.
5. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
(a) Many different views on the war.
(b) The many people who support the war.
(c) Many different views on racial issues.
(d) Social interaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. As what is Langston's mother employed?
2. Into what language are Langston's poems translated?
3. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
4. One day when Langston and a white friend go to a cafeteria for lunch, how much does his friend's meal cost?
5. Has Langston become interested in writing?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)