|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
2. One day when Langston and a white friend go to a cafeteria for lunch, how much does his friend's meal cost?
(a) Forty-five cents.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Eight dollars and sixty-five cents.
(d) Two dollars.
3. While in Baton Rouge, what does Langston visit?
(a) Members of the Black Renaissance.
(b) A prison.
(c) A jazz concert hall.
(d) A camp for refugees.
4. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
(a) His mother.
(b) The doctor.
(d) His best friend.
5. What happens to the musical revue for which Langston works as a song lyricist?
(a) It closes after only one performance.
(b) It has a small amount of success.
(c) It is never seen.
(d) It is very successful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston receive for "Not Without Laughter?"
2. Describe Hughes' family history.
3. What does Langston learn at this community center?
4. Why is Hughes severely hazed when he first attends Lincoln?
5. Where does this trip south take Langston?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)