|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
(a) A House in Taos and Not Without Laughter.
(b) Mulatto and A House in Taos.
(c) Prodigal Son and Mulatto.
(d) Prodigal Son and Not Without Laughter.
2. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
(a) Be in the choir.
(b) Be an acolyte.
(c) Act out a role.
(d) Read the Gospel.
3. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
(a) Babysit her children.
(b) Read every night.
(c) Clean the house every Saturday.
(d) Go to church every Sunday.
4. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
(a) Quite a bit.
(d) A lot.
5. In what does Hughes become interested?
(b) Social issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Langston help this family?
2. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
3. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
4. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
5. What do the children do one by one?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)