|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children do one by one?
(a) They read a passage from the Bible.
(b) They approach the altar.
(c) They thank their families and friends for their support.
(d) They sing a solo.
2. In what does Hughes become interested?
(d) Social issues.
3. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
4. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Joplin, Mississippi.
(d) Cleveland, Ohio.
5. Is Langston interested in teaching after he has graduated college?
(a) At first.
(b) A little.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary make her living?
2. When do Langston and his friend set off for the South?
3. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
4. What does Mrs. Bethune ask Langston to do for her students?
5. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)