|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He begins his autobiography.
(b) He thinks about his life.
(c) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(d) He writes a letter to his mother.
2. What would Langston rather read?
(a) Science fiction.
(c) Historical fiction.
3. Where does Langston stay the following summer in order to complete his first novel?
(a) New York City.
(b) On Lincoln's campus.
(d) Carmel, California.
4. When Langston returns to New York, he is introduced to whom?
(a) Other playwrights.
(b) Several important figures of the era.
(c) Movie executives.
(d) Relatives he has never met.
5. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what activity is Hughes involved?
2. Who does Langston meet in Ashkhabad?
3. What is Hughes' job aboard the S.S. West Hesseltine?
4. What does Hughes do with the books?
5. Why does Langston purchase a new suit and coat and travel to McKeesport, Pennsylvania?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)