|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Langston not like his middle-class relatives?
(a) They do not care for his mother.
(b) They are snobby and indifferent to black suffering.
(c) They do not want him to visit.
(d) They are rude and disrespectful.
2. Why are Hughes and the crew sent to Odessa?
(a) In order to film some cotton-picking scenes.
(b) In order to film some footage of a southern town.
(c) In order to film shots that resemble the Russian countryside.
(d) In order to film shots that show villagers working in the fields.
3. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
(a) He returns to the United States.
(b) He attends Columbia University.
(c) He visits friends in Paris.
(d) He stays in Mexico.
4. What does Langston do at this revival?
(a) He pretends to be saved.
(b) He refuses to join the children by the altar.
(c) He hides in a back pew.
(d) He is saved.
5. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) Joplin, Mississippi.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Cleveland, Ohio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langston spend his first evening in New York?
2. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
3. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
4. What is Lincoln?
5. When Langston returns to New York, he is introduced to whom?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)