|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
(a) The many people who support the war.
(b) Many different views on the war.
(c) Many different views on racial issues.
(d) Social interaction.
2. Of what is Langston an active member?
(a) The basketball team.
(b) The Spanish Club.
(c) Several teams and clubs.
(d) The debate team.
3. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Move to New York.
(b) Get a job in Cleveland.
(c) Go to Mexico.
(d) Stay with her in Chicago.
4. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
(c) Only a few.
5. Who does Langston take with him when he meets the editors of The Crisis?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) His stepbrother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Hughes' family history.
2. What courses does Hughes take?
3. What does Langston receive for "Not Without Laughter?"
4. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
5. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)