|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this group of individuals decide to create?
(a) A black theater called the Apollo Theatre.
(b) A black academy called the Renaissance Academy.
(c) A black university called New Negro College.
(d) A black magazine of the arts called Fire.
2. What does Langston's mother write?
(b) Sermons for church.
(c) Verse for church programs.
3. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
(d) Only a few.
4. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
(a) He is given a key to a small, closet-sized room.
(b) He is given a key and a roommate.
(c) He is told that blacks are not allowed in the dormitories.
(d) He is told that he will be staying off campus.
5. When does Langston's mother send for him?
(a) When he is fourteen.
(b) When he is eight.
(c) When he is ten.
(d) When he is twelve.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what activity is Hughes involved?
2. Why do Lucas and Hughes spend most of their evenings as guests in black households?
3. After crossing into the country, why is Langston denied a sleeping car on the train?
4. What does Hughes purchase?
5. Is Langston interested in teaching after he has graduated college?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)