|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Langston in?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The DeVanes.
(c) The Reeds.
(d) The Campbells.
2. After crossing into the country, why is Langston denied a sleeping car on the train?
(a) He is black.
(b) He is too young to have a sleeping car.
(c) He does not have enough money.
(d) There are not enough sleeping cars.
3. When do Langston and his friend set off for the South?
(a) October of 1921.
(b) October of 1931.
(c) October of 1951.
(d) October of 1941.
4. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
(a) Poly Preparatory School.
(b) Berkeley-Carroll School.
(c) Indian Creek School.
(d) The Harrison Street School.
5. What does Langston do when he hears how much his food will cost?
(a) He leaves his food at the counter and sits down to watch his friend eat.
(b) He storms out of the cafeteria.
(c) He eats it anyway and does not pay.
(d) He throws his food at the server.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do one by one?
2. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
3. Does Langston finish college at Columbia?
4. One day when Langston and a white friend go to a cafeteria for lunch, how much does his friend's meal cost?
5. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)