|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
(a) Many different views on racial issues.
(b) The many people who support the war.
(c) Many different views on the war.
(d) Social interaction.
2. What does Hughes purchase?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A plane.
(c) A bus.
(d) A van.
3. Does Langston finish college at Columbia?
(b) No, because he transfers to NYU.
(c) No, but he attends graduate school there.
4. Who takes Langston in?
(a) The DeVanes.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Campbells.
(d) The Reeds.
5. When do Langston and his friend set off for the South?
(a) October of 1951.
(b) October of 1941.
(c) October of 1931.
(d) October of 1921.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
2. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
3. In New Orleans, what job does Hughes take?
4. Why does Langston soon come down with the 'blues?'
5. What does Langston's father say about American blacks and Mexicans?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)