|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston help this family?
(a) By branding the cattle.
(b) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(c) By cooking and cleaning.
(d) By tutoring their children.
2. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
3. What has Langston's mother just done?
(a) Had another child.
(b) Moved in with her sister.
(c) Divorced his father.
4. What would Langston rather read?
(b) Historical fiction.
(d) Science fiction.
5. What does Langston's father say about American blacks and Mexicans?
(a) He can relate to them.
(b) They should be given equality.
(c) They should all move to Mexico.
(d) They are lazy and foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hughes pleased to find about Africa?
2. Why is Hughes severely hazed when he first attends Lincoln?
3. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
4. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
5. How does Langston decide to use his pay from the film?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)