|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
(a) To Memphis for blues music.
(b) To Chicago for musical performances.
(c) To Mexico City for the bullfights.
(d) To Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
2. What happens when Langston is a junior in high school?
(a) Langston's mother and father reunite in Mexico.
(b) Langston's mother and father get remarried.
(c) Langston's mother and his stepfather reunite in Cleveland.
(d) Langston's mother and stepfather have another child.
3. What happens during a revival?
(a) The children of the congregation are baptized.
(b) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
(c) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(d) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
4. Why are Hughes and the crew sent to Odessa?
(a) In order to film some cotton-picking scenes.
(b) In order to film shots that show villagers working in the fields.
(c) In order to film shots that resemble the Russian countryside.
(d) In order to film some footage of a southern town.
5. What do the children do one by one?
(a) They sing a solo.
(b) They thank their families and friends for their support.
(c) They approach the altar.
(d) They read a passage from the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
2. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
3. Where does Langston tour for the entirety of the summer?
4. What has Langston's mother just done?
5. What job does Langston have on his first ship?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)