|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
(a) To Mexico City for the bullfights.
(b) To Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
(c) To Memphis for blues music.
(d) To Chicago for musical performances.
2. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
(a) She moves to Chicago.
(b) She moves to New York.
(c) She moves to Washington.
(d) She moves to Alabama.
3. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
(a) A great chance.
(b) No chance.
(c) No, because he does not want to go to college.
(d) Little chance.
4. What does Mrs. Bethune ask Langston to do for her students?
(a) Write a poem about them.
(b) Read some of his poetry to them.
(c) Teach them a poetry lesson.
(d) Encourage them to be writers.
5. Where does Langston stay the following summer in order to complete his first novel?
(a) New York City.
(b) On Lincoln's campus.
(d) Carmel, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Langston help this family?
2. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
3. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
4. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
5. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)