|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mary Langston a proud woman?
(a) She never asks for help.
(b) She does not speak to white people.
(c) She refuses to cook, clean, or wash for rich white families.
(d) She charges a great deal of money to work for white people.
2. What does Hughes do with the books?
(a) He gives them away.
(b) He throws them into the sea.
(c) He puts them in a crate.
(d) He rereads them.
3. Where does Langston spend his first evening in New York?
(a) With W.E.B. du Bois.
(b) At a cheap hotel.
(c) At a friend's home.
(d) At the YMCA.
4. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
(a) He makes many friends.
(b) His father is rarely around.
(c) His father is around most of the time.
(d) His father encourages him to write.
5. Of what is Langston in search when he returns to New York?
(a) A job.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A theater for which to write.
(d) Another sailing vessel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
2. Why does Langston soon come down with the 'blues?'
3. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
4. What does Langston find to still be prevalent when he visits his mother?
5. What does Langston do that evening?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)