|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston help this family?
(a) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(b) By tutoring their children.
(c) By cooking and cleaning.
(d) By branding the cattle.
2. How are his first few months in this city?
3. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) In Chicago, Illinois.
(c) In Lincoln, Illinois.
(d) In Washington, DC.
4. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
(b) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
(c) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
(d) By waitressing in a small diner.
5. What does Langston do that evening?
(a) He prays.
(b) He cries himself to sleep.
(c) He writes a letter to his mother.
(d) He calls his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
2. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
3. What does Langston learn at this community center?
4. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
5. Who is Langston's only friend at Columbia?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)