|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That spring, where is Langston invited to spend the summer?
(a) With his father in Toluca, Mexico.
(b) With his father in Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) With his stepfather in Chicago, Illinois.
(d) With his father in Memphis, Tennessee.
2. Does Langston finish college at Columbia?
(a) No, because he transfers to NYU.
(c) No, but he attends graduate school there.
3. Has Langston become interested in writing?
(a) Yes, just recently.
(c) Not yet.
4. What does Langston do at this revival?
(a) He is saved.
(b) He hides in a back pew.
(c) He refuses to join the children by the altar.
(d) He pretends to be saved.
5. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
(a) Frances Quarles.
(b) Sterling A. Brown.
(c) Kole Black.
(d) Francis Scott Key.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Langston returns to New York, he is introduced to whom?
2. What is the S.S. West Hesseltine?
3. Why does Langston not like his middle-class relatives?
4. How does Mary make her living?
5. What does he do during this activity?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)