|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
(a) Miss Ethel Weimer.
(b) Miss Ellen Conn.
(c) Miss Emilia Hartkopf.
(d) Miss Emily Mills.
2. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He begins watching movies at the opera house.
(c) He stays at home.
(d) He complains to the management.
3. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(b) Langston wants to be a painter.
(c) Langston does not want to go to college.
(d) Langston wants to be a writer.
4. What has Langston's mother just done?
(a) Had another child.
(c) Divorced his father.
(d) Moved in with her sister.
5. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
(a) He decides they are a part of his past.
(b) He is glad he brought them.
(c) They will be a part of his new life.
(d) They will help him in his journey in Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poems does Langston like?
2. How is Langston employed on a freighter?
3. How much money does Langston earn from The Crisis?
4. As what is Langston's mother employed?
5. Does Langston finish college at Columbia?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)