|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
(a) His father joins them in Chicago.
(b) His mother and he move to Mexico City.
(c) He visits his father in Mexico for a summer.
(d) His family moves to New York.
2. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
(a) In the Black Renaissance.
(b) In Fire.
(c) In Columbia University's paper.
(d) In The Crisis.
3. One day when Langston and a white friend go to a cafeteria for lunch, how much does his friend's meal cost?
(a) Forty-five cents.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Eight dollars and sixty-five cents.
4. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
(a) Kole Black.
(b) Francis Scott Key.
(c) Frances Quarles.
(d) Sterling A. Brown.
5. What does Langston's father say about American blacks and Mexicans?
(a) They should be given equality.
(b) They are lazy and foolish.
(c) He can relate to them.
(d) They should all move to Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
2. How much money does Langston earn from The Crisis?
3. Has Langston become interested in writing?
4. How does Langston know this influential woman?
5. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)