|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the S.S. West Hesseltine?
(a) A cruise ship headed to Africa.
(b) A private yacht headed to Africa.
(c) A freighter headed to Africa.
(d) A sailboat headed to Africa.
2. What does Langston do that evening?
(a) He prays.
(b) He cries himself to sleep.
(c) He calls his mother.
(d) He writes a letter to his mother.
3. After crossing into the country, why is Langston denied a sleeping car on the train?
(a) He does not have enough money.
(b) He is too young to have a sleeping car.
(c) He is black.
(d) There are not enough sleeping cars.
4. When does Langston's mother send for him?
(a) When he is twelve.
(b) When he is fourteen.
(c) When he is ten.
(d) When he is eight.
5. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
(b) His mother.
(c) His best friend.
(d) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
2. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
3. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
4. Where does Langston enjoy watching Saturday football games?
5. What does his mother do afterward?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)