|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
2. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston wants to be a writer.
(b) Langston wants to be a painter.
(c) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(d) Langston does not want to go to college.
3. How is Langston treated in Africa?
(a) He is discriminated against.
(b) He is warmly welcomed.
(c) He is treated as an African.
(d) He is mistreated because he is American.
4. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
(a) In the Black Renaissance.
(b) In Fire.
(c) In The Crisis.
(d) In Columbia University's paper.
5. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
(b) Only a few.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Langston in search when he returns to New York?
2. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
3. Who is Langston's only friend at Columbia?
4. That spring, where is Langston invited to spend the summer?
5. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)