|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
(a) He makes many friends.
(b) His father is rarely around.
(c) His father encourages him to write.
(d) His father is around most of the time.
2. Of what is Langston an active member?
(a) Several teams and clubs.
(b) The debate team.
(c) The Spanish Club.
(d) The basketball team.
3. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
(a) She moves to Washington.
(b) She moves to Chicago.
(c) She moves to Alabama.
(d) She moves to New York.
4. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Joplin, Mississippi.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Cleveland, Ohio.
5. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
(a) Miss Emilia Hartkopf.
(b) Miss Ethel Weimer.
(c) Miss Emily Mills.
(d) Miss Ellen Conn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Langston in?
2. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
3. When Langston returns to New York, he is introduced to whom?
4. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
5. What does Langston do at this revival?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)