|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is "The Weary Blues" published?
(a) In the Paris Gazette.
(b) In the London Times.
(c) In the Amsterdam News.
(d) In the Nice News.
2. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
(a) He is told that he will be staying off campus.
(b) He is given a key and a roommate.
(c) He is told that blacks are not allowed in the dormitories.
(d) He is given a key to a small, closet-sized room.
3. Has Langston become interested in writing?
(a) Yes, just recently.
(b) Not yet.
4. What does Langston learn at this community center?
(a) Painting and ceramics.
(c) Drawing and painting.
(d) Singing and dancing.
5. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
(a) He begins watching movies at the opera house.
(b) He stays at home.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He complains to the management.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
2. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
3. Where will he be joining these people?
4. What happens when Langston is a junior in high school?
5. How does Langston help this family?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)