|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Langston in search when he returns to New York?
(a) An apartment.
(b) Another sailing vessel.
(c) A job.
(d) A theater for which to write.
2. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
(b) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
(c) By waitressing in a small diner.
(d) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
3. When Langston returns to New York, he is introduced to whom?
(a) Other playwrights.
(b) Relatives he has never met.
(c) Several important figures of the era.
(d) Movie executives.
4. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
(a) His father is around most of the time.
(b) His father is rarely around.
(c) His father encourages him to write.
(d) He makes many friends.
5. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
(b) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(c) He refuses to sing.
(d) He trips and drops the candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does he spend his money?
2. What does Hughes do with the books?
3. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
4. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
5. That spring, where is Langston invited to spend the summer?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)