|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
(a) Forty-five cents.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Eight dollars and sixty-five cents.
2. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
(a) A lot.
(c) Quite a bit.
3. Why do the children do this?
(a) They claim to be saved.
(b) They want to be professional singers.
(c) Their families bring them to church every Sunday.
(d) They want to assist with the service.
4. What does Langston do that evening?
(a) He prays.
(b) He cries himself to sleep.
(c) He calls his mother.
(d) He writes a letter to his mother.
5. Describe Hughes' family history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
2. Who takes Langston in?
3. Where do Langston's poems continue to appear?
4. How does Langston know this influential woman?
5. What has Langston's mother just done?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)