|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
(b) He becomes class president.
(c) He is prom king.
(d) He joins the track team.
2. One day when Langston and a white friend go to a cafeteria for lunch, how much does his friend's meal cost?
(a) Eight dollars and sixty-five cents.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Forty-five cents.
(d) Two dollars.
3. Has Langston become interested in writing?
(a) Not yet.
(b) Yes, just recently.
4. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
(a) The Harrison Street School.
(b) Poly Preparatory School.
(c) Berkeley-Carroll School.
(d) Indian Creek School.
5. How is Langston treated in Africa?
(a) He is mistreated because he is American.
(b) He is warmly welcomed.
(c) He is treated as an African.
(d) He is discriminated against.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
2. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
3. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
4. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
5. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)