|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the S.S. West Hesseltine?
(a) A freighter headed to Africa.
(b) A private yacht headed to Africa.
(c) A cruise ship headed to Africa.
(d) A sailboat headed to Africa.
2. On what does he spend his money?
(a) A train ticket for his mother to come visit.
(c) College courses.
(d) The theater and a train ticket to Washington.
3. How much money does Langston earn from The Crisis?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
4. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He becomes class president.
(b) He is prom king.
(c) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
(d) He joins the track team.
5. How is Langston employed on a freighter?
(a) As a cook.
(b) As a a petty officer.
(c) As a mess boy.
(d) As a sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
2. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
3. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
4. When Langston returns to New York, he is introduced to whom?
5. What does Langston learn at this community center?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)