|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what community center does Langston become involved?
(a) The Huron Playhouse.
(b) The Karamu House.
(c) The Croswell.
(d) The Carousel.
2. Whose poems does Langston like?
(a) Only Longellow and Paul Laurence Dunbar.
(b) Only Richard Aldington and James Alexander Allan.
(c) Only George Barker and Thomas Campbell.
(d) Only Alan Davies and Ralph Waldo Emerson.
3. Who takes Langston in?
(a) The DeVanes.
(b) The Campbells.
(c) The Smiths.
(d) The Reeds.
4. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
5. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hughes do with the books?
2. What does Langston do when he hears how much his food will cost?
3. Why does Langston soon come down with the 'blues?'
4. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
5. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)