|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Langston purchase a new suit and coat and travel to McKeesport, Pennsylvania?
(a) He is visiting his father.
(b) That is where his mother and stepfather are living.
(c) That is where is stepbrother lives.
(d) His is doing a poetry reading there.
2. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
3. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
(a) To Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
(b) To Memphis for blues music.
(c) To Mexico City for the bullfights.
(d) To Chicago for musical performances.
4. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
(a) He begins watching movies at the opera house.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He stays at home.
(d) He complains to the management.
5. What does Langston find to still be prevalent when he visits his mother?
(b) Jim Crow laws.
(c) Open jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Langston returns to New York, he is introduced to whom?
2. What is Hughes' job aboard the S.S. West Hesseltine?
3. After crossing into the country, why is Langston denied a sleeping car on the train?
4. What is the S.S. West Hesseltine?
5. What does Langston do when he hears how much his food will cost?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)