|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Mary McLeod Bethune.
(d) Maya Angelou.
2. Where is "The Weary Blues" published?
(a) In the London Times.
(b) In the Paris Gazette.
(c) In the Amsterdam News.
(d) In the Nice News.
3. What does Langston do at this revival?
(a) He hides in a back pew.
(b) He is saved.
(c) He refuses to join the children by the altar.
(d) He pretends to be saved.
4. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
5. On what does he spend his money?
(b) The theater and a train ticket to Washington.
(c) A train ticket for his mother to come visit.
(d) College courses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Langston know this influential woman?
2. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
3. Where is Langston Hughes born?
4. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
5. What does Hughes do with the books?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)