|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does he spend his money?
(a) A train ticket for his mother to come visit.
(b) College courses.
(c) The theater and a train ticket to Washington.
2. Why does Langston soon come down with the 'blues?'
(a) He is disgusted by his father's attitude.
(b) His father is gone most of the time.
(c) He does not have friends in Mexico.
(d) He misses his mother.
3. How is Langston treated in Africa?
(a) He is treated as an African.
(b) He is mistreated because he is American.
(c) He is discriminated against.
(d) He is warmly welcomed.
4. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
(a) He visits his father in Mexico for a summer.
(b) His father joins them in Chicago.
(c) His family moves to New York.
(d) His mother and he move to Mexico City.
5. That spring, where is Langston invited to spend the summer?
(a) With his stepfather in Chicago, Illinois.
(b) With his father in Memphis, Tennessee.
(c) With his father in Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) With his father in Toluca, Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Langston help this family?
2. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
3. What do the children do one by one?
4. Who is Dr. Woodson?
5. What happens when, in January, 1921, "A Negro Speaks of Rivers" is published in The Crisis?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)