|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children do this?
(a) They claim to be saved.
(b) Their families bring them to church every Sunday.
(c) They want to assist with the service.
(d) They want to be professional singers.
2. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
(a) Sterling A. Brown.
(b) Francis Scott Key.
(c) Frances Quarles.
(d) Kole Black.
3. What happens during a revival?
(a) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
(b) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
(c) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(d) The children of the congregation are baptized.
4. What does Langston think about his job as a doorman at a nightclub?
(a) It is fine.
(b) It is unsatisfying.
(c) It is satisfying.
(d) It is exciting.
5. How does Langston know this influential woman?
(a) She is his English teacher.
(b) She sponsors the Garden Club to which Hughes belongs.
(c) She is his mother's employer.
(d) She is his neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
2. What does Langston learn about his father?
3. Why does Langston not like his middle-class relatives?
4. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
5. How does Mary make her living?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)