|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
(a) Forty-five cents.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Eight dollars and sixty-five cents.
2. Whose poems does Langston like?
(a) Only Alan Davies and Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) Only George Barker and Thomas Campbell.
(c) Only Richard Aldington and James Alexander Allan.
(d) Only Longellow and Paul Laurence Dunbar.
3. When Langston returns to New York, he is introduced to whom?
(a) Several important figures of the era.
(b) Other playwrights.
(c) Relatives he has never met.
(d) Movie executives.
4. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
(a) Miss Ellen Conn.
(b) Miss Emilia Hartkopf.
(c) Miss Ethel Weimer.
(d) Miss Emily Mills.
5. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He trips and drops the candle.
(b) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
(c) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(d) He refuses to sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Langston not like his middle-class relatives?
2. Why does Langston soon come down with the 'blues?'
3. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
4. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
5. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)