|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what community center does Langston become involved?
(a) The Karamu House.
(b) The Carousel.
(c) The Huron Playhouse.
(d) The Croswell.
2. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(b) By working on his autobiography.
(c) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(d) By reading and writing.
3. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
(a) Many different views on racial issues.
(b) Social interaction.
(c) The many people who support the war.
(d) Many different views on the war.
4. Who is Langston's only friend at Columbia?
5. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
(a) His father encourages him to write.
(b) He makes many friends.
(c) His father is rarely around.
(d) His father is around most of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hughes' job aboard the S.S. West Hesseltine?
2. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
3. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
4. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
5. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)