|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston do when he hears how much his food will cost?
(a) He storms out of the cafeteria.
(b) He throws his food at the server.
(c) He leaves his food at the counter and sits down to watch his friend eat.
(d) He eats it anyway and does not pay.
2. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Washington, DC.
(b) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) In Chicago, Illinois.
(d) In Lincoln, Illinois.
3. How does Langston help this family?
(a) By cooking and cleaning.
(b) By branding the cattle.
(c) By tutoring their children.
(d) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
4. Who will Langston be joining?
(a) His mother, stepfather, and stepbrother.
(b) His mother, stepfather, and half-brother.
(c) His mother and aunt.
(d) His mother.
5. After crossing into the country, why is Langston denied a sleeping car on the train?
(a) He does not have enough money.
(b) There are not enough sleeping cars.
(c) He is too young to have a sleeping car.
(d) He is black.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
2. What happens when, in January, 1921, "A Negro Speaks of Rivers" is published in The Crisis?
3. To whom does Mary introduce Hughes?
4. What happens during a revival?
5. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)