|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Has Langston become interested in writing?
(b) Not yet.
(d) Yes, just recently.
2. How does Langston help this family?
(a) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(b) By cooking and cleaning.
(c) By tutoring their children.
(d) By branding the cattle.
3. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By working on his autobiography.
(b) By reading and writing.
(c) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(d) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
4. Who does Langston take with him when he meets the editors of The Crisis?
(a) His father.
(b) His stepfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His stepbrother.
5. What does Langston learn at this community center?
(a) Singing and dancing.
(b) Painting and ceramics.
(c) Drawing and painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
2. How is Langston treated in Africa?
3. What happens when, in January, 1921, "A Negro Speaks of Rivers" is published in The Crisis?
4. How does Mary make her living?
5. What does Langston learn about his father?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)