|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children do this?
(a) They want to be professional singers.
(b) They want to assist with the service.
(c) They claim to be saved.
(d) Their families bring them to church every Sunday.
2. Describe Hughes' family history.
3. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
(a) Because many Chinese are moving to the country.
(b) Because of the violence against blacks that ensues in the post war environment.
(c) Because the summer has record high temperatures.
(d) Because the fear of Communism has spread like wildfire.
4. What happens during a revival?
(a) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(b) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
(c) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
(d) The children of the congregation are baptized.
5. What does Langston learn about his father?
(a) He is an artistic, intelligent man.
(b) He is a stern, quiet man.
(c) He is a caring, loving man.
(d) He is a cold man, who only cares about making money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
2. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
3. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
4. Where does Langston enjoy watching Saturday football games?
5. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)