|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Move to New York.
(b) Get a job in Cleveland.
(c) Go to Mexico.
(d) Stay with her in Chicago.
2. Why does Langston soon come down with the 'blues?'
(a) He is disgusted by his father's attitude.
(b) He misses his mother.
(c) His father is gone most of the time.
(d) He does not have friends in Mexico.
3. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
4. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He joins the track team.
(b) He is prom king.
(c) He becomes class president.
(d) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
5. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
(d) Only a few.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
2. How does Langston help this family?
3. Who takes Langston in?
4. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
5. What job does Langston have on his first ship?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)