|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He refuses to sing.
(b) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(c) He trips and drops the candle.
(d) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
2. Where does Langston enjoy watching Saturday football games?
(a) At the Kansas State University.
(b) At his high school.
(c) On television.
(d) At the University of Kansas.
3. When does Langston's mother send for him?
(a) When he is fourteen.
(b) When he is eight.
(c) When he is ten.
(d) When he is twelve.
4. What happens when, in January, 1921, "A Negro Speaks of Rivers" is published in The Crisis?
(a) He is asked to come to Lincoln on a partial scholarship.
(b) After seeing her son's publishing success, Langston's mother sends him to Lincoln for college.
(c) He is accepted into Columbia University with a full-ride.
(d) After seeing his son's publishing success, Mr. Hughes agreed to send his son to Columbia University in New York.
5. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
(a) Clean the house every Saturday.
(b) Read every night.
(c) Go to church every Sunday.
(d) Babysit her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
2. How does Langston help this family?
3. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
4. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
5. Who is Langston's only friend at Columbia?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)