|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
(a) Sally Pecan.
(b) Helen Chestnutt.
(c) Carrie Walnutt.
(d) Mary Hazelnutt.
2. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(b) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(c) By working on his autobiography.
(d) By reading and writing.
3. Describe Hughes' family history.
4. In what community center does Langston become involved?
(a) The Karamu House.
(b) The Huron Playhouse.
(c) The Croswell.
(d) The Carousel.
5. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hughes pleased to find about Africa?
2. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
3. That spring, where is Langston invited to spend the summer?
4. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
5. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)