|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts of the African coast does Hughes see?
(b) Only a few.
2. How does Langston help this family?
(a) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(b) By cooking and cleaning.
(c) By branding the cattle.
(d) By tutoring their children.
3. What happens when, in January, 1921, "A Negro Speaks of Rivers" is published in The Crisis?
(a) He is accepted into Columbia University with a full-ride.
(b) He is asked to come to Lincoln on a partial scholarship.
(c) After seeing her son's publishing success, Langston's mother sends him to Lincoln for college.
(d) After seeing his son's publishing success, Mr. Hughes agreed to send his son to Columbia University in New York.
4. What does Langston do when he hears how much his food will cost?
(a) He eats it anyway and does not pay.
(b) He leaves his food at the counter and sits down to watch his friend eat.
(c) He storms out of the cafeteria.
(d) He throws his food at the server.
5. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
2. Where is Langston Hughes born?
3. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
4. What does Langston do that evening?
5. What has Langston's mother just done?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)