|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Mary introduce Hughes?
(a) Stanley Crouch.
(b) Michael Baisden.
(c) Derrick Bell.
(d) W.E.B. Du Bois.
2. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
(a) No, because he does not want to go to college.
(b) Little chance.
(c) A great chance.
(d) No chance.
3. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
4. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
(a) He returns to the United States.
(b) He stays in Mexico.
(c) He attends Columbia University.
(d) He visits friends in Paris.
5. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
(a) He visits his father in Mexico for a summer.
(b) His father joins them in Chicago.
(c) His mother and he move to Mexico City.
(d) His family moves to New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
2. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
3. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
4. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
5. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)