|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That spring, where is Langston invited to spend the summer?
(a) With his stepfather in Chicago, Illinois.
(b) With his father in Memphis, Tennessee.
(c) With his father in Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) With his father in Toluca, Mexico.
2. Who takes Langston in?
(a) The DeVanes.
(b) The Campbells.
(c) The Smiths.
(d) The Reeds.
3. Where will he be joining these people?
(a) In Chicago, Illinois.
(b) In Lincoln, Illinois.
(c) In Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) In Washington, DC.
4. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
(a) A sixteen-year-old mulatto boy.
(b) A twenty-year-old sailor.
(c) An eighteen-year-old white woman.
(d) An old African man.
5. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
(a) He stays in Mexico.
(b) He attends Columbia University.
(c) He returns to the United States.
(d) He visits friends in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poems does Langston like?
2. How does Langston know this influential woman?
3. How does Mary make her living?
4. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
5. What does Hughes do with the books?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)