|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
(a) They will help him in his journey in Africa.
(b) They will be a part of his new life.
(c) He decides they are a part of his past.
(d) He is glad he brought them.
2. Where does Langston attend high school?
(a) Lawrence Central High School
(b) Central High School.
(c) Central Catholic High School.
(d) North Central High School.
3. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By working on his autobiography.
(b) By reading and writing.
(c) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(d) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
4. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
(a) To Memphis for blues music.
(b) To Chicago for musical performances.
(c) To Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
(d) To Mexico City for the bullfights.
5. What does Langston do at this revival?
(a) He hides in a back pew.
(b) He is saved.
(c) He pretends to be saved.
(d) He refuses to join the children by the altar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his mother do afterward?
2. What is the S.S. West Hesseltine?
3. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
4. What has Langston's mother just done?
5. How is Langston treated in Africa?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)