|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(b) He offers to pay his way.
(c) He will buy him a new car.
(d) He hints at getting full custody.
2. Who is Hughes' only friend in Africa?
(a) A sixteen-year-old mulatto boy.
(b) An old African man.
(c) An eighteen-year-old white woman.
(d) A twenty-year-old sailor.
3. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He refuses to sing.
(b) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
(c) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(d) He trips and drops the candle.
4. Whose poems does Langston like?
(a) Only George Barker and Thomas Campbell.
(b) Only Longellow and Paul Laurence Dunbar.
(c) Only Alan Davies and Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(d) Only Richard Aldington and James Alexander Allan.
5. Who will Langston be joining?
(a) His mother, stepfather, and stepbrother.
(b) His mother and aunt.
(c) His mother.
(d) His mother, stepfather, and half-brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
2. What happens during a revival?
3. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
4. What do the children do one by one?
5. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)