|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Langston's only friend at Columbia?
2. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By reading and writing.
(b) By working on his autobiography.
(c) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(d) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
3. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
(a) He makes many friends.
(b) His father encourages him to write.
(c) His father is rarely around.
(d) His father is around most of the time.
4. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
(a) Berkeley-Carroll School.
(b) Indian Creek School.
(c) Poly Preparatory School.
(d) The Harrison Street School.
5. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He thinks about his life.
(b) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(c) He begins his autobiography.
(d) He writes a letter to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what community center does Langston become involved?
2. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
3. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
4. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
5. Describe Hughes' family history.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)