|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
(a) He uses it to buy candy.
(b) He saves it.
(c) He gives it to the Reed family.
(d) He spends it at the theater.
2. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
(a) Babysit her children.
(b) Read every night.
(c) Go to church every Sunday.
(d) Clean the house every Saturday.
3. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By reading and writing.
(b) By working on his autobiography.
(c) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(d) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
4. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Get a job in Cleveland.
(b) Stay with her in Chicago.
(c) Go to Mexico.
(d) Move to New York.
5. As what is Langston's mother employed?
(a) A nanny.
(b) A cook.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do that evening?
2. To whom does Mary introduce Hughes?
3. How does Langston know this influential woman?
4. What does his mother do afterward?
5. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)