|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will Langston be joining?
(a) His mother and aunt.
(b) His mother, stepfather, and half-brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His mother, stepfather, and stepbrother.
2. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
(a) To Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
(b) To Mexico City for the bullfights.
(c) To Memphis for blues music.
(d) To Chicago for musical performances.
3. Who does Langston take with him when he meets the editors of The Crisis?
(a) His stepbrother.
(b) His stepfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Langston learn about his father?
(a) He is an artistic, intelligent man.
(b) He is a stern, quiet man.
(c) He is a cold man, who only cares about making money.
(d) He is a caring, loving man.
5. What is Hughes' job aboard the S.S. West Hesseltine?
(a) To steer the ship.
(b) To swab the deck.
(c) To cook for the officers.
(d) To watch over the petty officers' mess and make up their staterooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
2. What does Langston's mother write?
3. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
4. What does Langston do at this revival?
5. What job does Langston have on his first ship?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)