|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
2. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
(a) Miss Ellen Conn.
(b) Miss Emily Mills.
(c) Miss Ethel Weimer.
(d) Miss Emilia Hartkopf.
3. What does Langston learn about his father?
(a) He is an artistic, intelligent man.
(b) He is a cold man, who only cares about making money.
(c) He is a caring, loving man.
(d) He is a stern, quiet man.
4. Describe Hughes' family history.
5. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will he be joining these people?
2. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
3. Why does Langston soon come down with the 'blues?'
4. Where is "The Weary Blues" published?
5. In what community center does Langston become involved?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)