|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
(a) To Chicago for musical performances.
(b) To Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
(c) To Memphis for blues music.
(d) To Mexico City for the bullfights.
2. What does Langston learn about his father?
(a) He is a caring, loving man.
(b) He is a cold man, who only cares about making money.
(c) He is a stern, quiet man.
(d) He is an artistic, intelligent man.
3. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
(a) He begins watching movies at the opera house.
(b) He stays at home.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He complains to the management.
4. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
(a) She moves to Chicago.
(b) She moves to Alabama.
(c) She moves to New York.
(d) She moves to Washington.
5. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do one by one?
2. How is Mary Langston a proud woman?
3. After a while, when Langston stops going to classes, in what does he become more interested?
4. What does Langston think about the box of books he has brought for this journey?
5. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)