|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
(a) He needs a doctor.
(b) He wants to steal medical supplies.
(c) He wants to be a doctor.
(d) To watch students dissect cadavers.
2. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
(a) Babysit her children.
(b) Read every night.
(c) Go to church every Sunday.
(d) Clean the house every Saturday.
3. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
(a) The Harrison Street School.
(b) Poly Preparatory School.
(c) Berkeley-Carroll School.
(d) Indian Creek School.
4. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
(a) He is given a key and a roommate.
(b) He is given a key to a small, closet-sized room.
(c) He is told that he will be staying off campus.
(d) He is told that blacks are not allowed in the dormitories.
5. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Eight dollars and sixty-five cents.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Forty-five cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do at this revival?
2. After crossing into the country, why is Langston denied a sleeping car on the train?
3. How is Mary Langston a proud woman?
4. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
5. What does Langston do that evening?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)