|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
(a) Miss Emilia Hartkopf.
(b) Miss Emily Mills.
(c) Miss Ethel Weimer.
(d) Miss Ellen Conn.
2. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
(a) He begins watching movies at the opera house.
(b) He complains to the management.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He stays at home.
3. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
(b) The doctor.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mother.
4. Where is "The Weary Blues" published?
(a) In the Nice News.
(b) In the Paris Gazette.
(c) In the London Times.
(d) In the Amsterdam News.
5. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
(a) She moves to New York.
(b) She moves to Alabama.
(c) She moves to Washington.
(d) She moves to Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
2. Why do the children do this?
3. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
4. Where is Langston Hughes born?
5. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)