|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He is prom king.
(b) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
(c) He joins the track team.
(d) He becomes class president.
2. What does Langston do when he hears how much his food will cost?
(a) He storms out of the cafeteria.
(b) He eats it anyway and does not pay.
(c) He throws his food at the server.
(d) He leaves his food at the counter and sits down to watch his friend eat.
3. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Joplin, Mississippi.
4. Why does Langston soon come down with the 'blues?'
(a) His father is gone most of the time.
(b) He is disgusted by his father's attitude.
(c) He misses his mother.
(d) He does not have friends in Mexico.
5. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
(a) Sterling A. Brown.
(b) Frances Quarles.
(c) Francis Scott Key.
(d) Kole Black.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Langston in?
2. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
3. What has Langston's mother just done?
4. What does he do during this activity?
5. One day when Langston and a white friend go to a cafeteria for lunch, how much does his friend's meal cost?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)