|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
(a) His father encourages him to write.
(b) His father is around most of the time.
(c) He makes many friends.
(d) His father is rarely around.
2. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(b) He offers to pay his way.
(c) He hints at getting full custody.
(d) He will buy him a new car.
3. That spring, where is Langston invited to spend the summer?
(a) With his father in Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) With his father in Toluca, Mexico.
(c) With his father in Memphis, Tennessee.
(d) With his stepfather in Chicago, Illinois.
4. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
(a) Frances Quarles.
(b) Kole Black.
(c) Francis Scott Key.
(d) Sterling A. Brown.
5. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
(a) Miss Ethel Weimer.
(b) Miss Ellen Conn.
(c) Miss Emilia Hartkopf.
(d) Miss Emily Mills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Langston's mother just done?
2. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
3. Why do the children do this?
4. Describe Hughes' family history.
5. Of what is Langston an active member?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)