|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Hughes become interested?
(d) Social issues.
2. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
(a) Langston's stepfather finds work at a steel mill.
(b) Langston wants to attend Central High School.
(c) Langston's mother has found work as a maid.
(d) Langston's father finds work at a steel mill.
3. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
(a) To Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
(b) To Chicago for musical performances.
(c) To Mexico City for the bullfights.
(d) To Memphis for blues music.
4. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
(a) He stays in Mexico.
(b) He visits friends in Paris.
(c) He attends Columbia University.
(d) He returns to the United States.
5. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He becomes class president.
(b) He joins the track team.
(c) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
(d) He is prom king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
2. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
3. After crossing into the country, why is Langston denied a sleeping car on the train?
4. How does Langston know this influential woman?
5. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)