|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
2. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
3. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
(b) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
(c) By waitressing in a small diner.
(d) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
4. To whom does Mary introduce Hughes?
(a) Stanley Crouch.
(b) Michael Baisden.
(c) Derrick Bell.
(d) W.E.B. Du Bois.
5. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
(a) He visits friends in Paris.
(b) He stays in Mexico.
(c) He returns to the United States.
(d) He attends Columbia University.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
2. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
3. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
4. What does Langston's father say about American blacks and Mexicans?
5. Of what is Langston an active member?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)