|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what is Langston's mother employed?
(a) A maid.
(b) A cook.
(c) A nanny.
(d) A teacher.
2. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
(a) Eight dollars and sixty-five cents.
(b) Forty-five cents.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Two dollars.
3. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
(b) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
(c) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
(d) By waitressing in a small diner.
4. How is Mary Langston a proud woman?
(a) She charges a great deal of money to work for white people.
(b) She never asks for help.
(c) She does not speak to white people.
(d) She refuses to cook, clean, or wash for rich white families.
5. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
(a) He begins watching movies at the opera house.
(b) He complains to the management.
(c) He stays at home.
(d) He runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston learn at this community center?
2. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
3. Who will Langston be joining?
4. Has Langston become interested in writing?
5. In what does Hughes become interested?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)