|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
(a) He wants him to go to college and become a doctor.
(b) He wants him to go to college and become a mining engineer.
(c) He wants him to go to college and become a writer.
(d) He wants him to go to college and become a painter.
2. Of what is Langston an active member?
(a) Several teams and clubs.
(b) The basketball team.
(c) The debate team.
(d) The Spanish Club.
3. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By reading and writing.
(b) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(c) By working on his autobiography.
(d) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
4. Describe Hughes' family history.
5. What happens during a revival?
(a) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
(b) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(c) The children of the congregation are baptized.
(d) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Langston soon come down with the 'blues?'
2. What does Langston learn at this community center?
3. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
4. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
5. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)