|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston do that evening?
(a) He cries himself to sleep.
(b) He calls his mother.
(c) He prays.
(d) He writes a letter to his mother.
2. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
(a) A lot.
(d) Quite a bit.
3. What does Langston learn about his father?
(a) He is a stern, quiet man.
(b) He is an artistic, intelligent man.
(c) He is a caring, loving man.
(d) He is a cold man, who only cares about making money.
4. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
(a) Be an acolyte.
(b) Act out a role.
(c) Be in the choir.
(d) Read the Gospel.
5. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
(b) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
(c) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
(d) By waitressing in a small diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poems does Langston like?
2. What does Langston's father approach him one day and say?
3. Where does Langston attend high school?
4. What does Langston's father say about American blacks and Mexicans?
5. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)