|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston learn about his father?
(a) He is an artistic, intelligent man.
(b) He is a cold man, who only cares about making money.
(c) He is a stern, quiet man.
(d) He is a caring, loving man.
2. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
(a) The Harrison Street School.
(b) Indian Creek School.
(c) Berkeley-Carroll School.
(d) Poly Preparatory School.
3. In what community center does Langston become involved?
(a) The Huron Playhouse.
(b) The Karamu House.
(c) The Croswell.
(d) The Carousel.
4. When does Langston's mother send for him?
(a) When he is eight.
(b) When he is twelve.
(c) When he is fourteen.
(d) When he is ten.
5. What happens when Langston is a junior in high school?
(a) Langston's mother and stepfather have another child.
(b) Langston's mother and father reunite in Mexico.
(c) Langston's mother and his stepfather reunite in Cleveland.
(d) Langston's mother and father get remarried.
Short Answer Questions
1. After crossing into the country, why is Langston denied a sleeping car on the train?
2. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
3. What does Langston's mother write?
4. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
5. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)