|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
(a) She moves to New York.
(b) She moves to Alabama.
(c) She moves to Chicago.
(d) She moves to Washington.
2. Who will Langston be joining?
(a) His mother and aunt.
(b) His mother, stepfather, and stepbrother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His mother, stepfather, and half-brother.
3. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Joplin, Mississippi.
(d) Cleveland, Ohio.
4. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
(a) Forty-five cents.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Eight dollars and sixty-five cents.
(d) Five dollars.
5. What would Langston rather read?
(a) Historical fiction.
(b) Science fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. After crossing into the country, why is Langston denied a sleeping car on the train?
2. What does his mother do afterward?
3. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
4. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
5. When does Langston's mother send for him?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)