|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's father say about American blacks and Mexicans?
(a) They should be given equality.
(b) They should all move to Mexico.
(c) He can relate to them.
(d) They are lazy and foolish.
2. To whom does Mary introduce Hughes?
(a) Derrick Bell.
(b) Stanley Crouch.
(c) Michael Baisden.
(d) W.E.B. Du Bois.
3. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston wants to be a painter.
(b) Langston wants to be a writer.
(c) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
(d) Langston does not want to go to college.
4. What would Langston rather read?
(a) Historical fiction.
(c) Science fiction.
5. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
(a) Maya Angelou.
(b) Mary McLeod Bethune.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Booker T. Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do at this revival?
2. Who will Langston be joining?
3. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
4. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
5. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)