|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Langston an active member?
(a) The basketball team.
(b) The debate team.
(c) The Spanish Club.
(d) Several teams and clubs.
2. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
3. Who will Langston be joining?
(a) His mother.
(b) His mother, stepfather, and stepbrother.
(c) His mother, stepfather, and half-brother.
(d) His mother and aunt.
4. After crossing into the country, why is Langston denied a sleeping car on the train?
(a) He does not have enough money.
(b) He is black.
(c) There are not enough sleeping cars.
(d) He is too young to have a sleeping car.
5. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
(a) Miss Emilia Hartkopf.
(b) Miss Emily Mills.
(c) Miss Ethel Weimer.
(d) Miss Ellen Conn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
2. When does Langston's mother send for him?
3. One day when Langston and a white friend go to a cafeteria for lunch, how much does his friend's meal cost?
4. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
5. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)