|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Langston's mother just done?
(b) Divorced his father.
(c) Moved in with her sister.
(d) Had another child.
2. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
(a) He gives it to the Reed family.
(b) He spends it at the theater.
(c) He saves it.
(d) He uses it to buy candy.
3. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
(a) She moves to Chicago.
(b) She moves to Washington.
(c) She moves to New York.
(d) She moves to Alabama.
4. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
(b) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
(c) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
(d) By waitressing in a small diner.
5. Why do the children do this?
(a) They want to be professional singers.
(b) Their families bring them to church every Sunday.
(c) They claim to be saved.
(d) They want to assist with the service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
2. Of what is Langston an active member?
3. What does Langston's mother write?
4. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
5. What do the children do one by one?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)