|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That spring, where is Langston invited to spend the summer?
(a) With his stepfather in Chicago, Illinois.
(b) With his father in Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) With his father in Memphis, Tennessee.
(d) With his father in Toluca, Mexico.
2. What does Langston do that evening?
(a) He calls his mother.
(b) He writes a letter to his mother.
(c) He prays.
(d) He cries himself to sleep.
3. How does Langston pass the time in Mexico?
(a) By reading, improving his Spanish, and riding horses.
(b) By playing soccer with other boys in town.
(c) By working on his autobiography.
(d) By reading and writing.
4. How does Langston help this family?
(a) By branding the cattle.
(b) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(c) By tutoring their children.
(d) By cooking and cleaning.
5. What does Langston learn at this community center?
(b) Painting and ceramics.
(c) Singing and dancing.
(d) Drawing and painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
2. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
3. What happens when Langston is a junior in high school?
4. In what does Hughes become interested?
5. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)