|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this summer called the 'Red Summer?'
(a) Because of the violence against blacks that ensues in the post war environment.
(b) Because the summer has record high temperatures.
(c) Because the fear of Communism has spread like wildfire.
(d) Because many Chinese are moving to the country.
2. Of what is Langston an active member?
(a) Several teams and clubs.
(b) The basketball team.
(c) The debate team.
(d) The Spanish Club.
3. Where does Langston enjoy watching Saturday football games?
(a) At the Kansas State University.
(b) At his high school.
(c) At the University of Kansas.
(d) On television.
4. What does Langston do on the train ride to Mexico?
(a) He writes a letter to his mother.
(b) He begins his autobiography.
(c) He writes one of his better-known poems, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(d) He thinks about his life.
5. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By waitressing in a small diner.
(b) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
(c) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
(d) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langston attend high school?
2. What happens during a revival?
3. As what is Langston's mother employed?
4. What happens when, in January, 1921, "A Negro Speaks of Rivers" is published in The Crisis?
5. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)