|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
(a) Langston's father finds work at a steel mill.
(b) Langston's mother has found work as a maid.
(c) Langston's stepfather finds work at a steel mill.
(d) Langston wants to attend Central High School.
2. How does Langston help this family?
(a) By cooking and cleaning.
(b) By tutoring their children.
(c) By branding the cattle.
(d) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
3. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
(a) His mother and he move to Mexico City.
(b) His father joins them in Chicago.
(c) He visits his father in Mexico for a summer.
(d) His family moves to New York.
4. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
(a) To Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
(b) To Memphis for blues music.
(c) To Mexico City for the bullfights.
(d) To Chicago for musical performances.
5. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By waitressing in a small diner.
(b) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
(c) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
(d) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will Langston be joining?
2. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
3. How is Mary Langston a proud woman?
4. What has Langston's mother just done?
5. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)