|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
(a) Berkeley-Carroll School.
(b) The Harrison Street School.
(c) Poly Preparatory School.
(d) Indian Creek School.
2. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
(a) She moves to Alabama.
(b) She moves to Chicago.
(c) She moves to Washington.
(d) She moves to New York.
3. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
(a) Babysit her children.
(b) Go to church every Sunday.
(c) Clean the house every Saturday.
(d) Read every night.
4. Who will Langston be joining?
(a) His mother and aunt.
(b) His mother, stepfather, and half-brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His mother, stepfather, and stepbrother.
5. During his senior year of high school, what happens to Langston?
(a) He joins the track team.
(b) He is elected editor of the yearbook and class poet.
(c) He becomes class president.
(d) He is prom king.
Short Answer Questions
1. One day when Langston and a white friend go to a cafeteria for lunch, how much does his friend's meal cost?
2. What does he do during this activity?
3. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
4. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
5. What does Langston do that evening?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)