|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children do one by one?
(a) They sing a solo.
(b) They approach the altar.
(c) They thank their families and friends for their support.
(d) They read a passage from the Bible.
2. When does Langston's mother send for him?
(a) When he is ten.
(b) When he is fourteen.
(c) When he is twelve.
(d) When he is eight.
3. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He offers to pay his way.
(b) He hints at getting full custody.
(c) He will buy him a new car.
(d) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
4. Where does Langston accept a job teaching English?
(a) In a public school in Mexico City.
(b) In a private business school and in a girls' finishing school.
(c) In a public university.
(d) In a private all boys' technical college.
5. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
(a) Get a job in Cleveland.
(b) Move to New York.
(c) Stay with her in Chicago.
(d) Go to Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
2. Where does Langston's father offer to take Langston?
3. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
4. Whose poems does Langston like?
5. High school has readied him for college. Does Langston have a chance of going on with his education?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)