|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston do at this revival?
(a) He refuses to join the children by the altar.
(b) He is saved.
(c) He hides in a back pew.
(d) He pretends to be saved.
2. What happens when Langston is a junior in high school?
(a) Langston's mother and his stepfather reunite in Cleveland.
(b) Langston's mother and stepfather have another child.
(c) Langston's mother and father reunite in Mexico.
(d) Langston's mother and father get remarried.
3. What do the children do one by one?
(a) They approach the altar.
(b) They read a passage from the Bible.
(c) They thank their families and friends for their support.
(d) They sing a solo.
4. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
5. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
(a) Be an acolyte.
(b) Be in the choir.
(c) Read the Gospel.
(d) Act out a role.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
2. Where is Langston Hughes born?
3. What does Langston's mother want him to do?
4. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
5. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)