|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Mary introduce Hughes?
(a) Michael Baisden.
(b) Stanley Crouch.
(c) Derrick Bell.
(d) W.E.B. Du Bois.
2. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) Joplin, Mississippi.
3. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
(a) He gives it to the Reed family.
(b) He saves it.
(c) He uses it to buy candy.
(d) He spends it at the theater.
4. How does Langston help this family?
(a) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(b) By branding the cattle.
(c) By cooking and cleaning.
(d) By tutoring their children.
5. What does Langston do that evening?
(a) He cries himself to sleep.
(b) He prays.
(c) He calls his mother.
(d) He writes a letter to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
2. What do the children do one by one?
3. What does his mother do afterward?
4. What does Langston do at the end of the summer?
5. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)