|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
(a) She moves to Alabama.
(b) She moves to New York.
(c) She moves to Chicago.
(d) She moves to Washington.
2. What does Langston learn about his father?
(a) He is a cold man, who only cares about making money.
(b) He is an artistic, intelligent man.
(c) He is a caring, loving man.
(d) He is a stern, quiet man.
3. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
(a) A lot.
(b) Quite a bit.
4. What happens during a revival?
(a) The children of the congregation are baptized.
(b) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
(c) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(d) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
5. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
(a) Langston's father finds work at a steel mill.
(b) Langston's mother has found work as a maid.
(c) Langston wants to attend Central High School.
(d) Langston's stepfather finds work at a steel mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
2. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
3. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
4. What happens when Langston is a junior in high school?
5. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)