|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Joplin, Mississippi.
(d) Cleveland, Ohio.
2. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
(a) He stays at home.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He complains to the management.
(d) He begins watching movies at the opera house.
3. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
(a) Babysit her children.
(b) Go to church every Sunday.
(c) Read every night.
(d) Clean the house every Saturday.
4. Why do the children do this?
(a) They want to be professional singers.
(b) Their families bring them to church every Sunday.
(c) They want to assist with the service.
(d) They claim to be saved.
5. What happens during a revival?
(a) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
(b) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
(c) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(d) The children of the congregation are baptized.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langston attend high school?
2. What does Langston do that evening?
3. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
4. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
5. What does Langston learn at this community center?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)