|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
(a) Frances Quarles.
(b) Francis Scott Key.
(c) Sterling A. Brown.
(d) Kole Black.
2. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
(a) Langston's stepfather finds work at a steel mill.
(b) Langston's father finds work at a steel mill.
(c) Langston wants to attend Central High School.
(d) Langston's mother has found work as a maid.
3. Where does Langston enjoy watching Saturday football games?
(a) On television.
(b) At the Kansas State University.
(c) At the University of Kansas.
(d) At his high school.
4. Who will Langston be joining?
(a) His mother.
(b) His mother, stepfather, and stepbrother.
(c) His mother, stepfather, and half-brother.
(d) His mother and aunt.
5. What does Langston learn at this community center?
(a) Painting and ceramics.
(b) Singing and dancing.
(d) Drawing and painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
2. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
3. Whose poems does Langston like?
4. What does his mother do afterward?
5. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)