|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
(a) Kole Black.
(b) Sterling A. Brown.
(c) Frances Quarles.
(d) Francis Scott Key.
2. What happens during a revival?
(a) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
(b) The children of the congregation are baptized.
(c) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(d) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
3. What do the children do one by one?
(a) They sing a solo.
(b) They thank their families and friends for their support.
(c) They read a passage from the Bible.
(d) They approach the altar.
4. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
(a) Many different views on the war.
(b) The many people who support the war.
(c) Social interaction.
(d) Many different views on racial issues.
5. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
(b) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
(c) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
(d) By waitressing in a small diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
2. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
3. Why do the children do this?
4. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
5. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)