|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
(a) Sally Pecan.
(b) Carrie Walnutt.
(c) Mary Hazelnutt.
(d) Helen Chestnutt.
2. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
3. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
(a) Langston wants to attend Central High School.
(b) Langston's stepfather finds work at a steel mill.
(c) Langston's mother has found work as a maid.
(d) Langston's father finds work at a steel mill.
4. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Mary McLeod Bethune.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) Maya Angelou.
5. Of what is Langston an active member?
(a) Several teams and clubs.
(b) The Spanish Club.
(c) The debate team.
(d) The basketball team.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Langston help this family?
2. Where does Langston attend high school?
3. How is Mary Langston a proud woman?
4. What would Langston rather read?
5. Has Langston become interested in writing?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)