|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
(a) Langston's mother has found work as a maid.
(b) Langston wants to attend Central High School.
(c) Langston's stepfather finds work at a steel mill.
(d) Langston's father finds work at a steel mill.
2. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) Joplin, Mississippi.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) New York, New York.
3. Who takes Langston in?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The Reeds.
(c) The Campbells.
(d) The DeVanes.
4. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
(a) Sterling A. Brown.
(b) Frances Quarles.
(c) Kole Black.
(d) Francis Scott Key.
5. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
(a) Read every night.
(b) Go to church every Sunday.
(c) Clean the house every Saturday.
(d) Babysit her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do one by one?
2. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
3. Of what is Langston an active member?
4. To whom does Mary introduce Hughes?
5. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)