|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during a revival?
(a) Langston accepts Jesus as his savior.
(b) The children of the congregation are baptized.
(c) The entire congregaton prays for the souls of the children.
(d) Langston finally attends church with the Reeds.
2. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
3. What would Langston rather read?
(a) Historical fiction.
(b) Science fiction.
4. In what community center does Langston become involved?
(a) The Karamu House.
(b) The Carousel.
(c) The Huron Playhouse.
(d) The Croswell.
5. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
(a) Clean the house every Saturday.
(b) Babysit her children.
(c) Read every night.
(d) Go to church every Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
2. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
3. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
4. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
5. How does Mary make her living?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)