|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
(a) Read the Gospel.
(b) Be in the choir.
(c) Act out a role.
(d) Be an acolyte.
2. What does Langston learn at this community center?
(a) Drawing and painting.
(c) Painting and ceramics.
(d) Singing and dancing.
3. What does Langston's mother write?
(c) Verse for church programs.
(d) Sermons for church.
4. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(b) He trips and drops the candle.
(c) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
(d) He refuses to sing.
5. Has Langston become interested in writing?
(b) Not yet.
(c) Yes, just recently.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary make her living?
2. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
3. What happens during a revival?
4. Where is Langston Hughes born?
5. What has Langston's mother just done?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)