|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston help this family?
(a) By cooking and cleaning.
(b) By tutoring their children.
(c) By branding the cattle.
(d) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
2. How is Mary Langston a proud woman?
(a) She refuses to cook, clean, or wash for rich white families.
(b) She does not speak to white people.
(c) She charges a great deal of money to work for white people.
(d) She never asks for help.
3. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
(a) Helen Chestnutt.
(b) Mary Hazelnutt.
(c) Carrie Walnutt.
(d) Sally Pecan.
4. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Joplin, Mississippi.
(d) Cleveland, Ohio.
5. In what does Hughes become interested?
(a) Social issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Langston sneak into the medical school building?
2. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
3. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
4. Who takes Langston in?
5. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)