|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
(a) His family moves to New York.
(b) His mother and he move to Mexico City.
(c) He visits his father in Mexico for a summer.
(d) His father joins them in Chicago.
2. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
(b) By waitressing in a small diner.
(c) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
(d) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
3. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
(a) Be an acolyte.
(b) Read the Gospel.
(c) Act out a role.
(d) Be in the choir.
4. In what does Hughes become interested?
(b) Social issues.
5. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Joplin, Mississippi.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) New York, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
2. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
3. Why do the children do this?
4. How does Langston know this influential woman?
5. What does Langston's mother write?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)