|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He trips and drops the candle.
(b) He refuses to sing.
(c) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(d) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
2. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
(a) Carrie Walnutt.
(b) Helen Chestnutt.
(c) Sally Pecan.
(d) Mary Hazelnutt.
3. Whose poems does Langston like?
(a) Only George Barker and Thomas Campbell.
(b) Only Richard Aldington and James Alexander Allan.
(c) Only Longellow and Paul Laurence Dunbar.
(d) Only Alan Davies and Ralph Waldo Emerson.
4. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
(a) Langston's stepfather finds work at a steel mill.
(b) Langston wants to attend Central High School.
(c) Langston's father finds work at a steel mill.
(d) Langston's mother has found work as a maid.
5. What does Langston do that evening?
(a) He calls his mother.
(b) He prays.
(c) He writes a letter to his mother.
(d) He cries himself to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Langston Hughes born?
2. What has Langston's mother just done?
3. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
4. In what community center does Langston become involved?
5. How is Mary Langston a proud woman?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)