|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Langston attend high school?
(a) North Central High School.
(b) Central Catholic High School.
(c) Lawrence Central High School
(d) Central High School.
2. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
3. What does Langston do that evening?
(a) He prays.
(b) He cries himself to sleep.
(c) He writes a letter to his mother.
(d) He calls his mother.
4. As what is Langston's mother employed?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A nanny.
(c) A cook.
(d) A maid.
5. Where is Langston Hughes born?
(a) Joplin, Mississippi.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston's mother write?
2. What does Langston do at this revival?
3. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
4. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
5. How does Langston know this influential woman?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)