|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children do one by one?
(a) They read a passage from the Bible.
(b) They thank their families and friends for their support.
(c) They sing a solo.
(d) They approach the altar.
2. How does Langston know this influential woman?
(a) She sponsors the Garden Club to which Hughes belongs.
(b) She is his mother's employer.
(c) She is his English teacher.
(d) She is his neighbor.
3. Who does Langston's grandmother take Langston to hear at the university?
(a) Mary McLeod Bethune.
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Maya Angelou.
4. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
(b) By waitressing in a small diner.
(c) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
(d) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
5. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
2. What does he do during this activity?
3. What would Langston rather read?
4. As what is Langston's mother employed?
5. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)