|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston help this family?
(a) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(b) By tutoring their children.
(c) By cooking and cleaning.
(d) By branding the cattle.
2. How does Langston know this influential woman?
(a) She is his neighbor.
(b) She is his English teacher.
(c) She sponsors the Garden Club to which Hughes belongs.
(d) She is his mother's employer.
3. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(b) He refuses to sing.
(c) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
(d) He trips and drops the candle.
4. In what community center does Langston become involved?
(a) The Karamu House.
(b) The Carousel.
(c) The Huron Playhouse.
(d) The Croswell.
5. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
(a) He saves it.
(b) He gives it to the Reed family.
(c) He spends it at the theater.
(d) He uses it to buy candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Langston's mother send for him?
2. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
3. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
4. Who will Langston be joining?
5. Where will he be joining these people?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)