|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
(b) He trips and drops the candle.
(c) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(d) He refuses to sing.
2. Describe Hughes' family history.
3. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
(a) Frances Quarles.
(b) Sterling A. Brown.
(c) Kole Black.
(d) Francis Scott Key.
4. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
(a) The many people who support the war.
(b) Many different views on racial issues.
(c) Many different views on the war.
(d) Social interaction.
5. By whom is Langston greatly influenced?
(a) Mary Hazelnutt.
(b) Carrie Walnutt.
(c) Helen Chestnutt.
(d) Sally Pecan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston do at this revival?
2. Where is Langston Hughes born?
3. Who will Langston be joining?
4. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
5. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)