|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langston's mother make him do at church?
(a) Act out a role.
(b) Be an acolyte.
(c) Read the Gospel.
(d) Be in the choir.
2. Who takes Langston in?
(a) The Campbells.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Reeds.
(d) The DeVanes.
3. What does Auntie Reed insist that Langston do?
(a) Babysit her children.
(b) Clean the house every Saturday.
(c) Go to church every Sunday.
(d) Read every night.
4. How does Langston help this family?
(a) By cooking and cleaning.
(b) By tutoring their children.
(c) With the housework, which included setting hens and driving cows to pasture.
(d) By branding the cattle.
5. How does Langston know this influential woman?
(a) She is his mother's employer.
(b) She is his English teacher.
(c) She sponsors the Garden Club to which Hughes belongs.
(d) She is his neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Langston Hughes when his grandmother dies?
2. What does he do during this activity?
3. What has Langston's mother just done?
4. Why do the children do this?
5. In what does Hughes become interested?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)