|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
(a) Miss Emily Mills.
(b) Miss Ellen Conn.
(c) Miss Emilia Hartkopf.
(d) Miss Ethel Weimer.
2. What does Langston do when he is denied admittance because of his color?
(a) He stays at home.
(b) He begins watching movies at the opera house.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He complains to the management.
3. Where does Langston attend high school?
(a) Lawrence Central High School
(b) Central Catholic High School.
(c) North Central High School.
(d) Central High School.
4. Who takes Langston in?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The DeVanes.
(c) The Campbells.
(d) The Reeds.
5. Does Langston have any interest in poetry?
(a) Quite a bit.
(c) A lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Langston Hughes born?
2. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
3. Has Langston become interested in writing?
4. When does Langston's mother send for him?
5. What happens during a revival?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)