|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Central High.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
(a) Miss Ethel Weimer.
(b) Miss Emily Mills.
(c) Miss Ellen Conn.
(d) Miss Emilia Hartkopf.
2. What does his mother do afterward?
(a) She sends him to live with his father.
(b) She whips him and teaches him a lesson about respecting other people's art.
(c) She begins to cry hysterically.
(d) She has him meet with the pastor.
3. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
(a) Poly Preparatory School.
(b) The Harrison Street School.
(c) Berkeley-Carroll School.
(d) Indian Creek School.
4. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(b) He refuses to sing.
(c) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
(d) He trips and drops the candle.
5. Of what is Langston an active member?
(a) Several teams and clubs.
(b) The Spanish Club.
(c) The debate team.
(d) The basketball team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston's mother write?
2. What does Langston do at this revival?
3. Where does Langston attend high school?
4. What would Langston rather read?
5. What has Langston's mother just done?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)