Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Bloody Spanish Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Hughes to report?
(a) The roles of American soldiers in the war in Spain.
(b) The roles of Americcan soldiers in World War II.
(c) African Americans and their role in World War II.
(d) African Americans and their role in the war in Spain.
2. Which of Hughes' works is published during this summer?
(a) Prodigal Son and Not Without Laughter.
(b) A House in Taos and Not Without Laughter.
(c) Mulatto and A House in Taos.
(d) Prodigal Son and Mulatto.
3. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
4. What does Langston do with the money the hotel pays him?
(a) He uses it to buy candy.
(b) He saves it.
(c) He gives it to the Reed family.
(d) He spends it at the theater.
5. What does Langston's father say about American blacks and Mexicans?
(a) They are lazy and foolish.
(b) They should be given equality.
(c) He can relate to them.
(d) They should all move to Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
2. Where does Langston spend his first evening in New York?
3. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
4. What does Hughes do with the books?
5. What courses does Hughes take?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)