|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Around the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Langston decide to use his pay from the film?
(a) To travel to Paris.
(b) To travel to Russia.
(c) To travel through Asia.
(d) To visit his friends in Cleveland.
2. What does Langston find to still be prevalent when he visits his mother?
(a) Open jobs.
(d) Jim Crow laws.
3. What do people suppose Langston has because he is black?
4. Who takes Langston in?
(a) The Campbells.
(b) The Reeds.
(c) The Smiths.
(d) The DeVanes.
5. After another separation with his stepfather, what does Hughes' mother do?
(a) She moves to Chicago.
(b) She moves to Washington.
(c) She moves to Alabama.
(d) She moves to New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. After crossing into the country, why is Langston denied a sleeping car on the train?
2. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
3. In what school does Langston's mother enroll him?
4. What happens when Langston shows up to claim his room key at Columbia?
5. Of what is Langston in search when he returns to New York?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)