Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Busboy Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does he spend his money?
(b) The theater and a train ticket to Washington.
(c) College courses.
(d) A train ticket for his mother to come visit.
2. Where does Langston spend his first evening in New York?
(a) With W.E.B. du Bois.
(b) At the YMCA.
(c) At a cheap hotel.
(d) At a friend's home.
3. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
4. How does Mary make her living?
(a) By cooking, cleaning, and washing for rich white families.
(b) By renting rooms to college students who went to the University of Kansas.
(c) By waitressing in a small diner.
(d) By working as a professor at the University of Kansas.
5. What does he do during this activity?
(a) He laughs and makes fun of the reading.
(b) He trips and drops the candle.
(c) He refuses to sing.
(d) He becomes bored and starts rolling his eyes and giggling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langston observe while working at a soda fountain?
2. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
3. Where is Langston Hughes born?
4. What does Langston learn about his father?
5. Why is Langston's summer in Toluca not a bad one?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)