Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Africa, how is Hughes considered?
2. How does Langston's father try to convince Langston to come to Mexico for the summer?
(a) He will buy him a new car.
(b) He hints at an opportunity to pursue a college education.
(c) He hints at getting full custody.
(d) He offers to pay his way.
3. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
4. How is Mary Langston a proud woman?
(a) She refuses to cook, clean, or wash for rich white families.
(b) She never asks for help.
(c) She charges a great deal of money to work for white people.
(d) She does not speak to white people.
5. What would Langston rather read?
(a) Science fiction.
(b) Historical fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Langston attend high school?
2. What does Langston learn at this community center?
3. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
4. Who introduces Langston to the poetry of Carl Sandburg?
5. Who does Langston tell that his sickness derives from a hatred of his father?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)