Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, I've Known Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Langston and his father to get into an argument concerning Langston's future?
(a) Langston does not want to go to college.
(b) Langston wants to be a painter.
(c) Langston wants to be a writer.
(d) Langston wants to be a mining engineer.
2. How much does Langston's meal cost him?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) Eight dollars and sixty-five cents.
(c) Forty-five cents.
(d) Five dollars.
3. At what age does Langston Hughes begin to consider himself a poet?
4. When is Langston reunited with his father for a short while?
(a) His mother and he move to Mexico City.
(b) His family moves to New York.
(c) He visits his father in Mexico for a summer.
(d) His father joins them in Chicago.
5. What does Langston do that evening?
(a) He calls his mother.
(b) He writes a letter to his mother.
(c) He cries himself to sleep.
(d) He prays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Langston rather read?
2. What does Langston's mother write?
3. From whom is his mother's grandfather supposedly descended?
4. Why does Langston move to Cleveland?
5. How does Langston know this influential woman?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)